Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,625 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online (4870 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Flees From Man She Met Online Due To Big Manhood / Ever Visited Someone You Met Online? Share Your Experience / "I Have Slept With 88.8% Of The Girls I Met Online. Girls Are Just Useless”- Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Ssamtino(m): 9:44pm On May 19, 2022
With all of the dating services and apps available, meeting other singles is simpler than ever. And you can do it all while relaxing on your couch in your flannel pajamas. However, all of these possibilities are driving people to experience dating weariness. Going on terrible date after poor date might leave you feeling jaded and despairing about ever meeting your ideal spouse. You can become trapped in an infinite cycle:

You look at someone's profile and believe they have a lot of potential You message them and arrange a date. You become thrilled You go on a date only to find out that the individual is nothing like what you expected based on their profile. You politely tolerate the date while privately regretting yourself for losing out on a Netflix marathon. You change back into your flannel pajamas and resume your profile search. Step one is repeated.

Here are some dating suggestions to help you break out from that loop and have a good first date with someone you met online:

Consider the dating site/app where you met: The dating site where you meet the individual will establish the tone for your first date. Did you meet on a site targeted toward individuals searching for long-term partnerships (relationship site) or a site geared toward people looking for hook-ups (hook-up site)? What you were needed to do to create a profile indicates the sort of site/app. If creating a profile was quick and easy (you didn't have to pay anything or answer a few questions), you're probably on a site for those searching for quick and easy encounters. Consider the dating app Tinder. You only need to upload a photo and fill up basic demographic information (gender, age, email address) before you can begin swiping. However, creating a profile on a dating site will be more challenging. Take, for example, eHarmony. Before you can create an account, you must answer hundreds of questions, and you must pay to keep your profile active. People that devote so much time and effort on a profile are usually seeking for a long-term relationship. If you are seeking for a long-term relationship, you should concentrate your efforts on those who have profiles on a dating website. This will save you from wasting time on dates with people who are not compatible with you.

Get to know the person before the date: When a first date with an online match does not go well, it is typically because there is a mismatch between what the individual appeared like online and what the person is truly like in-person. This can happen if the person's profile was not totally honest. Even if the profile is true, we have a propensity to idealize ourselves. This is when you are initially drawn to someone's profile and then convince yourself that the two of you would be an excellent fit. Because there is little information on that individual's profile, you begin to fill in the spaces, and you finally end up with an idealized representation of that person in your mind. Then you have an in-person meeting, and you are dismayed to see how much the real person differs from the one in your mind. The easiest approach to avoid falling into the idealization trap is to spend time getting to know the individual before your first date. According to research, the more contact there is before to the first date, the more likely it is to be a success (Sharabi & Caughlin, 2017). Communication allows you to get to know the other person and form accurate expectations about what that person would be like. Furthermore, the more familiar two individuals are, the more likely they are to have chemistry. You also have a higher probability of weeding. Of course, you have a greater chance of screening out persons with whom you are incompatible before going on dates.

Set up a quick date: Do something quick, like going out for coffee or ice cream. If you're not feeling the individual, you can cut the date short. Avoid protracted activities that might make you feel stuck, such as going to the movies, seeing a play, going to a concert, or eating at a luxury restaurant. This step can save you a significant amount of time, energy, and money. And if you really love your date, you can always prolong it by heading to a different area.

Examine your date's profile: Let's face it, you're probably checking at least 5 profiles every day and conversing with numerous different matches at the same time. By the time you get to that first in-person encounter, you may have forgotten everything you loved about your date in the first place. Before you go on your date, reread his or her profile to refresh your recollection. Take notice of your date's hobbies and commonalities, and it will be simpler to keep the discussion going and establish chemistry.

Maintain an open mind: Many individuals spend so much time on a first date looking for defects that they fail to get to know the other person. Because you'll both be apprehensive, your date may not create a good first impression, and you may not experience instant chemistry. As I indicated in step 2, chemistry develops as you get to know someone, so don't make hasty judgments.

Following these techniques can help you avoid dating weariness and have better success on your initial dates. Best wishes!

I also suggest this dating site to y`all which enables you meet good moral people near you today.
https://www.nigerianchristiansingles.com/?ref=97

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:08pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

My first daughter
hahahahaha

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:11pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Zoo region can't stop me. Goat raping is my Ipob heritage.

hahahahaha

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:12pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I hate one Nigeria,my dad died a pauper and my mom a prostitute..now I sleep.with dogs. there is no future

my sister......such is life
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:13pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Aboki my master dey rape cows...so me Ipob OSU dey rape goats grin

Cursed OSU. cheesy
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:14pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

Every first wives of every man must die..They are too good for.my liking...All second wives rock.. Get the money,be wise

you are sick downstairs..hahahahahaha

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:14pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

my sister......such is life. My ashawo mama slept with dog for one square meal. But me dey fvCk them for free. cheesy embarassed

Mumu grin
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:15pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Aboki ¢um dey sweet.hahahahahaha

Mumu osu cheesy
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:16pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I hate slim guys..they always love sex and disgust me

we hate you too

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:17pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

I dey chop one square meal. I done dey like aids patient. Am I still hot? embarassed

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:18pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I hate pastor kumuyi...He's a thief and a dog

what concern pastor now? are you okay?

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:19pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

I want to join Islam and be raping cows with my aboki masters

grin grin grin
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:21pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I can never be a first wife.. God forbid,I refuse to be useless like my mom.

You are a disgrace...

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:22pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

How the white man views Ipob Negroes like me. embarassed

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:24pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

What the white man sees when he sees me using their invention to browse.

I am a disgrace...

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:24pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I was kidnapped few years ago by bandits...They raped me for days though I enjoyed it..I must confess,that was when I had my first orgasm..4 to 5 men on me at once.. they beat me though, I loved it

somebody call 911

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:25pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

somebody call 911 on we negroes. See our achievement for donkey years. grin grin grin embarassed

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:26pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

My life means nothing to me..I hate slow and painful death.. I love it fast.. see below

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:27pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
I am a negroe...a black monkee...I can't invent a pin. I should go extinct embarassed

Good grin
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:28pm On May 23, 2022
[
Acidbath:

I don't do first date...I seek married men, I derive joy in being a second wife asides the benefits.. see my attachment to know what you are missing

]

your life don baje.

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:29pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I join the igbos in saying Nigeria is a Zoo.. and I say it with my full chest..Infact I said it before igbos..see proof.

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:30pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
[]
I and the present negroes of today....f@ggots

My life don baje.

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:30pm On May 23, 2022
[quote author=Acidbath post=113102942][/quote]

Reply fast feminist for Bush...don't waste my time
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:31pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
my nyash is now wide open from too much drilling by aboki. I love it...I don't want Biafra again

grin grin grin
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:31pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Reply fast feminist ...don't waste my time...I want to suck aboki c0cks grin

Go ahead. grin
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:32pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I prefer it to my weak gender called a female..I hate women who are not feminist and I'm glad they get beaten by men..hahahahahaha

but your mother is a woman

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:33pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Reply fast feminist
Read up mumu...abi you blind? My responses plenty pass your own. grin
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:34pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

White men are our Gods.

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:34pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

I wish kumuyi went to aba with his gullible members..they should be shot

are you insane

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:35pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

The British hate we Igbos...that's why they gave power to aboki. Now we suck aboki c0ck. embarassed
Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:36pm On May 23, 2022
Acidbath:

Sorry my network is bad.....I live in a bad environment, that's why I hate Africa and the zoo Nigeria..comman beat me.

weak coward.

Re: What To Expect On Your First Date With Someone You Met Online by Acidbath: 4:37pm On May 23, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Afonja kumuyi must adopt me. I am ashamed to be an Ipob head beheader.

Ediot. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Two Hausa Having A Quicky / Ladies, Why Wld U Have Sex With Someone You Are Not Emotionally Connected With? / What Do You Call Flirting?? Do I Flirt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.