Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation (14362 Views)

US Congress Passes Bill That Will Censor The Bible As Antisemitic / Florida Gov, De Santis Signs Bill Banning Kids Under 14 From Having SM Accounts / Meteor Lights Up The Night Sky Over Oklahoma USA (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 3:14pm On May 20, 2022
Jokerman:

Are LGBTQ+ behaving like normal human beings?
What do you mean by normal human beings ?
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 3:15pm On May 20, 2022
ChristineC:
the foetus didn't ask to be conceived.
it's a very simple solution, you don't want a kid don't conceive. that way nobody infringes on the rights of the other.
The woman didn't ask the foetus to enter her body either
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by ponishah: 3:20pm On May 20, 2022
IMAliyu:

Why stop there? after that immigrants and black people
Kai Aliyu!
You I gay?
Kaiiiii........
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Gospel2Day: 3:20pm On May 20, 2022
Dorwadora:
Oga... What are you capping here .... Nah wood dey Bleep women?

Have you forgotten it takes two to tango? Your moniker seems like a Christain own but unfortunately you are an hypocrite.... Look at you lashing venom against women.... Nawa o sad sad....

The earth is over populated bruh.... It's time countries implement child bearing certificates to monitor how people are vomiting children and also recognize abortion....

Thank you

Don't you think it's time countries implemented Love Making certificates also to monitor how people foolishly have irresponsible inter.course?
If you can't/don't regulate your intimate contacts with opposite gender, you should blame yourself and be ashamed of yourself, not to pass death sentence on a baby for your addiction to șe.x.

3 Likes

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Gospel2Day: 3:23pm On May 20, 2022
IMAliyu:

It takes two people to make a baby.
You are hating the woman, when the man has fault too?
Doesn't he know how to use a condom, or have self control?

Did he rap.e or force the woman?
Shouldn't the woman have a choice on who makes love to her and when?
If she is irresponsible and senseless enough to let intimacy happen every time any guy asks for it, then that's her choice and she should not pass the blame to anyone else, not the baby too.

1 Like

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by IMAliyu(m): 3:28pm On May 20, 2022
ponishah:

Kai Aliyu!
You I gay?
Kaiiiii........
No
I just don't trust people that would want to take the rights of others away because you don't like them.
And republicans lump in LGBTQ with blacks and immigrants, why do you think they will only go after one group and leave the others?

Not like this is the first time conservative white Americans have messed with the lives of others, out of hate.

1 Like

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by IMAliyu(m): 3:32pm On May 20, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Did he rap.e or force the woman?
Shouldn't the woman have a choice on who makes love to her and when?
If she is irresponsible and senseless enough to let intimacy happen every time any guy asks for it, then that's her choice and she should not pass the blame to anyone else, not the baby too.
Once again is the man an unconscious actor?
If she's forced to bear the consequences of her actions by giving birth. The man should bear his own burden of the responsibility and take care of his seed.
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by BanevsJoker(m): 3:39pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

What if we look at it this way,what the woman is doing is simply removing the foetus from her body,or does the foetus have the right to remain in the woman's body against her will ?
How did the baby get there in the first place?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 3:45pm On May 20, 2022
BanevsJoker:

How did the baby get there in the first place?
The answer is obvious
But my point is if a woman doesn't want to bear a baby till term she should have the right to terminate the pregnancy especially if it is still at the early stages,and the reason is simple I rate the comfort and welfare of a grown woman above the life of an unwanted 1 month foetus
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by BanevsJoker(m): 3:49pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

The answer is obvious
But my point is if a woman doesn't want to bear a baby till term she should have the right to terminate the pregnancy especially if it is still at the early stages,and the reason is simple I rate the comfort and welfare of a grown woman above the life of an unwanted 1 month foetus
She shouldn't.
Don't partake in activities that create a baby and then change your mind when the baby comes.
The baby has rights too, and didn't force the woman to conceive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by ChristineC: 3:56pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

The woman didn't ask the foetus to enter her body either
this is a useless analogy.
a law should be enacted that basic biology should be compulsorily passed at A-grade for all students.

2 Likes

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by bluefilm: 4:12pm On May 20, 2022
IPIGSRMUMU:
Instead of you to provide proof of your infantile made up story, you are trying to abuse me.
Pls state for everyone to see when the US govt ever pass a law making it mandatory to take covid vaccine.
You can't post one, because one doesn't exist.
People were encouraged to take the vaccine, no one was ever forced to take one.
Know your facts before posting rubbish on NL.

Well, you've never heard of the slogan "No Jab; No Job"?

Well, I will excuse you since it is obvious to me that you were born this morning.

But all the same, you can spare yourself your delusion by going through this link: No Jab No Job for Thousands of American Workers
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by IPIGSRMUMU: 4:17pm On May 20, 2022
bluefilm:

Well, you've never heard of the slogan "No Jab; No Job"?

Well, I will excuse you since it is obvious to me that you were born this morning.

But all the same, you can spare yourself your delusion by going through this link: No Jab No Job for Thousands of American Workers
See your mumuness. We are talking about the US GOVERNMENT telling women what they can and not do with their bodies here. Where is the law that says you must have covid vaccine?
You can't find one because it doesn't exist.
A company can impose any criteria they want for their employees. That's not a government law as in this case of abortion. I can see that you are confused. Stop posting on topics of which you are clueless.
Pls get your facts right kid.
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by TrumpDonald2: 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Prevention is always better than cure. Why not prevent pregnancies rather than conceiving and then aborting.
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 4:27pm On May 20, 2022
BanevsJoker:

She shouldn't.
Don't partake in activities that create a baby and then change your mind when the baby comes.
The baby has rights too, and didn't force the woman to conceive.
But it is going to force the woman to carry it in her womb and deliver it at the expense of her life and comfort
A woman can have unprotected sex if she wants the only problem I have is those who for some reasons remove to use emergency contraceptives afterwards or other means of contraception,but that nothwistanding I still rate the comfort of a woman ahead that of a foetus which can be barely distinguished from a tadpole. Should women who are that careless be shunned,yes but can they have an abortion, absolutely yes.

1 Like

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 4:36pm On May 20, 2022
ChristineC:
this is a useless analogy.
a law should be enacted that basic biology should be compulsorily passed at A-grade for all students.
You think you know embryology better than me.
Anyways that was not an analogy,you seem not to know what an analogy is
My point is simple,the life and welfare of a full grown woman is far far above that of a month old foetus. The foetus can not exist independent of the mother,so the mother decides if she wants to carry it to term or not, otherwise she can simply remove it from her body,that is what abortion is actually so the comment I made was not an analogy. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy,a pregnancy is the carriage and development of one or more offsprings in a female species,if the woman decides she doesn't want to continue the pregnancy her part is to terminate it by removing the foetus,the foetus dies because it can not exist by itself. Is this an analogy too
The way you guys describe abortion it seems as if the foetus is injected with a substance harmful to humans,all they do is eject it from the woman's uterus
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Legendoo: 4:38pm On May 20, 2022
Awesome, the useless Burt Burt leftovers lefties will be crying now.

Killing and sexual perversion is all they do.
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by ChristineC: 4:42pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

You think you know embryology better than me.
Anyways that was not an analogy,you seem not to know what an analogy is
My point is simple,the life and welfare of a full grown woman is far far above that of a month old foetus. The foetus can not exist independent of the mother,so the mother decides if she wants to carry it to term or not, otherwise she can simply remove it from her body,that is what abortion is actually so the comment I made was not an analogy. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy,a pregnancy is the carriage and development of one or more offsprings in a female species,if the woman decides she doesn't want to continue the pregnancy her part is to terminate it by removing the foetus,the foetus dies because it can not exist by itself. Is this an analogy too
The way you guys describe abortion it seems as if the foetus is injected with a substance harmful to humans,all they do is eject it from the woman's uterus
and who are you to determine that a life is more precious than another? you want to decide who lives and who does not when there's no medical emergency that warrants making such choice, are you God? in what ways are you different from Hitler?
so when a baby is born, it can also be dropped to exist by itself and if it can't, then by all means good riddance to bad rubbish.
why can't we apply same principle to people in coma or suffering a stroke or the geriatric community?
you guys sound effortlessly ridiculous, it would have been fun if it wasn't such a pitiable situation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Elibakon: 4:47pm On May 20, 2022
You can't ban abortions, you can only ban safe abortions. America has the highest maternal mortality rate among developed countries... Why don't you stay out of our uterus and fix the shitty health care system.

1 Like

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Advancedman(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2022
andyprez:
Great news! Life begins at conception.
Children’s also deserve the right to live.

But live a good life that is adequately prepared.
So women trapping men with pregnancy shall be sue.
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by donb06: 4:50pm On May 20, 2022
Dorwadora:
Well.... The law is not totally bad in my opinion.... There are some few immunities here and there for women with incest pregnancy, rape and medical emergencies.

The law is bad because

No man has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body...... It's a "My body, my Fuccking choice" world now

And the law is bad because

The Earth is already overpopulated with it's 8 billion.....

Thank you sad

It's no longer a choice once another LIFE is involved. It is your body. Kill that body, maim it, disfigure it, dismantle it for all I care but don't touch that baby's body. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Wizmj4real(m): 4:56pm On May 20, 2022
But God had the right.
So sorry for an unbelieving soul like u.
In summary God is your creator so fear HIM
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 5:17pm On May 20, 2022
ChristineC:
and who are you to determine that a life is more precious than another? you want to decide who lives and who does not when there's no medical emergency that warrants making such choice, are you God? in what ways are you different from Hitler?
I do not decide who lives and who does not and neither do you,that choice belongs to the mother,if she decides not to further carry a pregnancy because of risk to her life or welfare then she has the right to remove the foetus from her body

so when a baby is born, it can also be dropped to exist by itself and if it can't, then by all means good riddance to bad rubbish.
If a baby is born and the mother doesn't want to take care of him/her I think she can make that choice,she can be relieved of that responsibility but to avoid such trouble I advocate that if someone is not ready to bring a child into this world avoid getting pregnant,there are so many simple ways to do that but if you become pregnant terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible,makes things easier. However if she makes a conscious effort to terminate the life of the new born baby or consciously refuses to take care of it when she didn't indicate disinterest in doing so then she is culpable for murder,homicide and manslaughter respectively,that's the way I see it
why can't we apply same principle to people in coma or suffering a stroke or the geriatric community?
What does that prove to you,the lives of people who are loved and valued would be cared for and preserved at all odds. In plain terms the reason we can't apply the same principle to the groups you mentioned is VALUE,their lives no matter how morose it is is till valued
you guys sound effortlessly ridiculous, it would have been fun if it wasn't such a pitiable situation.
You must think I'm a cold hearted punk who enjoys sharing innocent blood(pun intended)
The basis of my position is not my admiration for the termination of these beautiful lives,not at all. My point is based on two major principles
1) The life and interest of a full grown woman is above that of a developing and dependent human life form
2) Bringing children into the world when you are not prepared or capable of raising them would spell doom to the child and the society(not in every cases though). You can imagine the problems we are facing with children who were birthed by consenting parents much less when their parents were forced to have them
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 5:32pm On May 20, 2022
Everyone respects the sanctity of life and we know that human life has to be viewed as sacred for self preservation purposes. However no matter how you spin it,all human beings are not as important as the other,we may not like that but that's the way the world is. What makes a person valuable is the level of love and/or positive influence (perceived or factual) the person has on a given number of individuals.
A feotus in an unwanted pregnancy has no use to anyone and at the same time is not wanted by the Mom. It's a no-brainer,in such circumstance the mother should decide, thousands of children are born daily so we are definitely not devoid of seeing foetuses carried to term and delivered so what's the fuss if a few aren't.
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by NaijaCars4sale: 5:59pm On May 20, 2022
This will lead to a backlash from Democrats
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Leonbonapart(m): 6:25pm On May 20, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Stupid law
senseless mofo
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by deolumike(m): 6:56pm On May 20, 2022
Hermes119:

I do not decide who lives and who does not and neither do you,that choice belongs to the mother,if she decides not to further carry a pregnancy because of risk to her life or welfare then she has the right to remove the foetus from her body

If a baby is born and the mother doesn't want to take care of him/her I think she can make that choice,she can be relieved of that responsibility but to avoid such trouble I advocate that if someone is not ready to bring a child into this world avoid getting pregnant,there are so many simple ways to do that but if you become pregnant terminate the pregnancy as soon as possible,makes things easier. However if she makes a conscious effort to terminate the life of the new born baby or consciously refuses to take care of it when she didn't indicate disinterest in doing so then she is culpable for murder,homicide and manslaughter respectively,that's the way I see it

What does that prove to you,the lives of people who are loved and valued would be cared for and preserved at all odds. In plain terms the reason we can't apply the same principle to the groups you mentioned is VALUE,their lives no matter how morose it is is till valued

You must think I'm a cold hearted punk who enjoys sharing innocent blood(pun intended)
The basis of my position is not my admiration for the termination of these beautiful lives,not at all. My point is based on two major principles
1) The life and interest of a full grown woman is above that of a developing and dependent human life form
2) Bringing children into the world when you are not prepared or capable of raising them would spell doom to the child and the society(not in every cases though). You can imagine the problems we are facing with children who were birthed by consenting parents much less when their parents were forced to have them
You kill an unborn baby. Best believe, the appropriate word that describes you is "murderer"

With "bodily autonomy" comes maternal obligation/responsibility bestowed by nature. You fail at it when you terminate the life of your own helpless baby
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by Hermes119: 7:06pm On May 20, 2022
deolumike:
You kill an unborn baby. Best believe, the appropriate word that describes you is "murderer"
Why stop at an unborn baby,anyone who evicts viable sperm is also a murderer. If you choose to appropriate the same right a full human enjoys to that of a foetus(I have no issues with that) at the detriment of the mother(this I my concern) then I can also extend the same right to sperm cells after all they are viable and capable of developing humans

With "bodily autonomy" comes maternal obligation/responsibility bestowed by nature. You fail at it when you terminate the life of your own helpless baby
Helpless or not that baby is not a full human yet and the life and welfare of the mother supercedes it so if the woman chooses not to carry it anymore she should be allowed to remove it from her body that's what abortion is,nobody puts a knives on anyone's throat or shoots anyone the woman simply removes the foetus from her own body
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by sirjomore(m): 7:16pm On May 20, 2022
Tbbt8:
A man has no right to tell a woman what to do with her body...
Rubbish then a woman should go celibate or not get pregnant
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by ponishah: 7:42pm On May 20, 2022
IMAliyu:

No
I just don't trust people that would want to take the rights of others away because you don't like them.
And republicans lump in LGBTQ with blacks and immigrants, why do you think they will only go after one group and leave the others?

Not like this is the first time conservative white Americans have messed with the lives of others, out of hate.
LGTBQ is not a matter of right, saying it is is double standard.
Killing of an unborn child is not a right, it cat be a right...

If there is a race issue in US, keep voicing it out. Mind you tribalism in Africa is worse than what you are looking at in America
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by TenQ: 7:51pm On May 20, 2022
Tbbt8:
A man has no right to tell a woman what to do with her body...
Is a foetus part of a woman's body?
Re: Oklahoma Passes Bill Banning Abortions Starting At Fertilisation by TenQ: 7:53pm On May 20, 2022
Dorwadora:
Well.... The law is not totally bad in my opinion.... There are some few immunities here and there for women with incest pregnancy, rape and medical emergencies.

The law is bad because

No man has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body...... It's a "My body, my Fuccking choice" world now

And the law is bad because

The Earth is already overpopulated with it's 8 billion.....

Thank you sad

You didn't read this post?
There are exceptions for rape, incest and medical complications!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presenter Flashes Serbian Prime Minister In Prank Interview / France To Ban Foreign Sponsorship Of Mosques; A New Plan For Islam / 78-yr-old Granny Goes To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.