Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? (30421 Views)

Which Bank App Has The Highest Transaction or Transfer Limit / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Suspicious Transaction At A POS Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by DKM123: 9:16am On May 21, 2022
Unlike what obtained before 2015, the banks this days are nothing to write home about. Fraudulent activities and total nonchalance by this banks are rife.
Until a class action is used to sue this useless banks to oblivion, they will not take action against this fraudulent bank accounts being opened with thier banks using innocent people's details.

What are the BVN and NIN and all the finger prints for?

9 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by lereinter(m): 12:23pm On May 21, 2022
Terrence99:

With your BVN supplied, your signature forged, your correct KYC details provided, you will have an uphill task proving that you have no connections with GTB. Meanwhile, you will be proving this behind bars.

What of thumbprint
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by ChoCho54(f): 12:24pm On May 21, 2022
Gadafii:
Why didn't you walk into any GTB office and complain when you didn't get response from their WhatsApp?

Go to their branch offices and ask question, no be everything una suppose dey open threads fo, this common sense
When they begin to seek advice from random people, it's because they have other intentions. The quest for free money is on an all time high.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by ChoCho54(f): 12:26pm On May 21, 2022
dayleke:
NNkan mbe o.

Is this a new format now?
I tell you!
And I have been ignoring messages from Banks I have nothing to do with when I receive them. I don't even read them. Don't be surprised I have bank accounts I don't know about.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Terrence99: 12:38pm On May 21, 2022
lereinter:

What of thumbprint

Not required.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Exodora: 6:24pm On May 21, 2022
There is a particular political party I won’t mention name that is collecting details of people and for those that don’t have account they will open account for them where they will pay them as part of their political campaign.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Dickjo(m): 1:37pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:
Good day my good people out there.
On February third this year, I got a message from GTBank that a GTBank account has been opened for me, with my account number. The message did not specify who, from where or why the account was opened for me. I tried to contact GTBank customer service but i got no reply from their WhatsApp number. Now this morning, I got a credit alert of ₦5 through GTB GAPS services from IJM INTEGRATED SERVICES LIMITED.
I've not heard about this very company before and all my google searches are not helping matters at all.
GTB GAPS i learnt processes funds that are paid in batches.... It's a kind of E-cheques.
So i really want to know if anyone received the same message or does anyone have any idea where this whole thing is coming from. Do i really need to report to the bank or just ignore?
Messages are sent to my small phone; i should have attached screenshots.

Admins pls help me push to fp

angry
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Dickjo(m): 1:38pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:
On February third this year, I got a message from GTBank that a GTBank account has been opened for me, with my account number. The message did not specify who, from where or why the account was opened for me. I tried to contact GTBank customer service but i got no reply from their WhatsApp number. Now this morning, I got a credit alert of ₦5 through GTB GAPS services from IJM INTEGRATED SERVICES LIMITED.
I've not heard about this very company before and all my google searches are not helping matters at all.
GTB GAPS i learnt processes funds that are paid in batches.... It's a kind of E-cheques.
So i really want to know if anyone received the same message or does anyone have any idea where this whole thing is coming from. Do i really need to report to the bank or just ignore?

coooooomon sence gadeeemit......use it....therrris a reasons why commmon sence waz invented....REPORT THEM!!!!(no oofeinse) angry
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by GloriousGbola: 1:38pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

Report officially and make sure everything you report is documented.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by MrPADDY(m): 1:39pm On May 22, 2022
Be careful
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by lakeside79937: 1:40pm On May 22, 2022
If you dont report it you will be in serious trouble cos it's your details and NIM that was used .

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Sleekfingers: 1:43pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

Ignore at your own risk..... sometimes, I just wonder how some nigerians dey reason..... someone opened an account with your name, and you are here asking ridiculous questions.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Nyanabo(m): 1:43pm On May 22, 2022
I also got this from GTB
"Dear Customer, a Savings Acct: 0703264463 has been opened for you. Pls pay into this account to activate it, N1000 + VAT applies for your new DEBIT card." Though I'm yet to take any action due to my busy schedule.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by DLSReigns: 1:44pm On May 22, 2022
Got same too. I just ignored it so it expires expectedly.
Zonefree:
I got similar one too from FCMB.

They sent me password for Account Creation and said it expires in 5 minutes.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by DLSReigns: 1:46pm On May 22, 2022
Hard to tell if its the handwork of fraudulent individuals or just our banks getting desperate in search of customers. Whichever, i feel finding time to visit the bank for clarifications will achieve resolution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Sleekfingers: 1:49pm On May 22, 2022
Lamasta:

Supplied by who

Keep asking questions, without doing the necessary.....hackers can get your details, and use for something incriminating. As a matter of fact, your details are everywhere, with telecommunication companies, your banks , Nimc, nigeria immigration.....

Sit down there dey ask questions......until dem come bundle you like sack of rice for house. For a crime , you didn't commit

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Timmzycul11: 1:53pm On May 22, 2022
adeoyekay:
Same thing happening to me, mine is uba I guessed someone mistakenly used my phone number for opening account.

Its not a mistake bro, go and report to the bank in question if not eeeeh

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Deeprooted: 1:53pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:

I got same from FCMB on Friday but I just neglected it
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by friday2011(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

You seff, e be like say you wan reap were you no sow, for an account opened in your name and mobile details?

You better report it ASAP before it lands you in a bigger trouble.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by frowland(m): 1:54pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

You own or bought any Nigeria shares?
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Paretomaster1(m): 1:57pm On May 22, 2022
Deeprooted:

I got same from FCMB on Friday but I just neglected it

Same here, hope it's not the bank doing this This one Many people received same message..

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Rockyfancino(m): 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
Now that I think about it, I think I received a similar message from one of these banks, maybe fcmb. Lemme go and check.

Update: I was right, I remember I was very busy that day and didn't pay much attention to the SMS. Btw, I've heard of bank employees opening fake accounts to meet up with bank targets, I guess they are the ones using random numbers.

Meanwhile, I'll go to their bank branch soon, I want to confirm what name is is on the bank. Or a short code should be able to do that I guess.

Updated: It was a one time OTP password for account creation from fcmb. I don't think the account creation was successful cos the short code for checking account balance is reacting like I don't have an account with them.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by IamANigerianMan: 2:00pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

Report to EFCC or Police before you write for the closure of the account
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by mmababy101(f): 2:01pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:

I got same message from FCMB twice. I ignored it tho, I dunno if I should complain to the bank cos I don't bank with them.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by LadyTara(f): 2:03pm On May 22, 2022
Paulyaweh:
Most of these accounts is just marketers trying to meet target.
When they give one human target of opening 600 accounts month.
Those guys forge numbers and name to meet up.
Sometimes the number may match you own that's why you'll get those notification but the name on the account will be different..
Mad people
Another angle to it.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Udemzy05: 2:04pm On May 22, 2022
Mentorkaryhm:
Mine was Access Bank. I got the opening account message with the account numbers in my name on Friday. I first called their customers care to give me details of how the account was opened, and later went to one of their in Ikeja on Monday and it was there I was told that the account was opened in somewhere in Ogun state. Instantly, I blocked it ..
No time to tell stories behind bars in Jesus name

Same thing with NIN ,how they get your BVN to open an account is something else.

That's why all this NIN thing is sh1t to me, till now there are some top people in politics without BVN self,I've seen someone that told me he doesn't have BVN and he still operates his account.

Naija is a big joke.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 22, 2022
Ma N5 make you waste your data like this..... Mtscheeewww
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by paulGrundy(m): 2:06pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

It is not a suspicious Account. A marketer who is under pressure used your details to open an account inorder to meet Account opening target. The N5 is because you can't open an account without money in it. So he/she basically used N5 to open an account for you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Belleful: 2:09pm On May 22, 2022
Hmmmm, why Dem neva open and credit any account in my name? Chai, if na me Dem credit that 5# for, I go chop 2#,leave 3# for who ever send am or keep am wait for police. 9ja na chop I chop.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Uniquetani1(f): 2:10pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

Na scam, don't fall for it
Scammers improving every day

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Infinity2022: 2:11pm On May 22, 2022
I suggest that you report the account to the bank. If you don't know about the account opening, you are equally expected not to be aware of the existence of the account. Assuming someone else is using this very account with your details on it. The very day they will use the account for a criminal transaction you have automatically become the criminal and you will answer for it yourself and not nairaland. Thank you.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by gadgetplanetng: 2:12pm On May 22, 2022
Till someone takes a loan in your name and you've to repay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu / Banks Have Stopped Giving Dollars. What is Your Experience? / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.