Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,217 members, 7,957,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? (30859 Views)

Which Bank App Has The Highest Transaction or Transfer Limit / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Suspicious Transaction At A POS Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by lanocfoods: 4:17pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:
I got similar one too from FCMB.

They sent me password for Account Creation and said it expires in 5 minutes.
I got same from fcmb, I deleted it
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Bbbw: 4:30pm On May 22, 2022
Think for yourself
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Yankee101: 4:45pm On May 22, 2022
You better report before dem collect loan with your bvn
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by adeoyekay(m): 4:54pm On May 22, 2022
Timmzycul11:

Its not a mistake bro, go and report to the bank in question if not eeeeh
Thanks bro, I went to one of there branch , the man said it is a mistake I will go back there again
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Redpill1: 4:56pm On May 22, 2022
I checked the ATM and I saw a strange 17k in my ledger balance, I was unable to withdraw it and the next day it disappeared
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Shadysen: 5:13pm On May 22, 2022
Exodora:
There is a particular political party I won’t mention name that is collecting details of people and for those that don’t have account they will open account for them where they will pay them as part of their political campaign.
are you sure?
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by writeprof(m): 5:16pm On May 22, 2022
Michael1111:
� FOR SALE �

Uncompleted (3bed/flat ) Bungalow building with 4 toilets& bath room on a full plot of land at Obada Dubai estate.
Level: Already Roofed.
Documents: Land agreement & Land reciept�
Asking price: 4.5m
Video available if you request.
*� Call: 08126409362 ,WhatsApp:- 07068339261 �*

This information is not explicit enough. Where is Obada Dubai located in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by cl0r0x: 5:36pm On May 22, 2022
Terrence99:

With your BVN supplied, your signature forged, your correct KYC details provided, you will have an uphill task proving that you have no connections with GTB. Meanwhile, you will be proving this behind bars.

How about IP addresses associated with the account mobile app and device hardware signatures?

Law enforcement can prove it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Funkybabee(f): 5:45pm On May 22, 2022
My own is wema baank alert ooo

They used to send me mail o

They address me as Adelakun Funke

I don't know who did that
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by deavicky(m): 5:52pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:
Good day my good people out there.
On February third this year, I got a message from GTBank that a GTBank account has been opened for me, with my account number. The message did not specify who, from where or why the account was opened for me. I tried to contact GTBank customer service but i got no reply from their WhatsApp number. Now this morning, I got a credit alert of ₦5 through GTB GAPS services from IJM INTEGRATED SERVICES LIMITED.
I've not heard about this very company before and all my google searches are not helping matters at all.
GTB GAPS i learnt processes funds that are paid in batches.... It's a kind of E-cheques.
So i really want to know if anyone received the same message or does anyone have any idea where this whole thing is coming from. Do i really need to report to the bank or just ignore?
Messages are sent to my small phone; i should have attached screenshots.

Admins pls help me push to fp
go to the bank tomorrow and close the account before they take loan in your name.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Funkybabee(f): 5:55pm On May 22, 2022
Please what can I do o

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by highoctane: 6:05pm On May 22, 2022
obiekunie01:

@ McCoy662

implement this advice fast or you will find your ass in prison for 12 yrs for money wey you no chop!
Because of #5.00 five naira?
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by phemmyfour: 6:45pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:
On February third this year, I got a message from GTBank that a GTBank account has been opened for me, with my account number. The message did not specify who, from where or why the account was opened for me. I tried to contact GTBank customer service but i got no reply from their WhatsApp number. Now this morning, I got a credit alert of ₦5 through GTB GAPS services from IJM INTEGRATED SERVICES LIMITED.
I've not heard about this very company before and all my google searches are not helping matters at all.
GTB GAPS i learnt processes funds that are paid in batches.... It's a kind of E-cheques.
So i really want to know if anyone received the same message or does anyone have any idea where this whole thing is coming from. Do i really need to report to the bank or just ignore?

They are using your account to steal, report to your account manager asap
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Lekan239(m): 6:52pm On May 22, 2022
Paulyaweh:
Most of these accounts is just marketers trying to meet target.
When they give one human target of opening 600 accounts month.
Those guys forge numbers and name to meet up.
Sometimes the number may match you own that's why you'll get those notification but the name on the account will be different..
Mad people
is there a way to check the account number linked to ur bvn in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Optmus(m): 7:22pm On May 22, 2022
I got similar message from Access Bank last month.

I went to one of their branch and reported. They told me they can't see any other account linked to me. But each time I transact through USSD I still see the new account created without my permission.

I sent email to their customer care with the same complaint but till this moment they haven't done anything.

I plan to move all my money in Access Bank to Fidelity Bank on Tuesday
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by ridbell01(m): 7:45pm On May 22, 2022
Report and leave. Just pick the information about the report. The time, date and the customer service that attend to you
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by obiekunie01: 7:48pm On May 22, 2022
highoctane:

Because of #5.00 five naira?

the guy wrote 200k in his first post. na so them go dey lie any how for this forum.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 22, 2022
I have received the message each time there sent i delete it, cos i don't have any bank account
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by DEBJOCH1(m): 9:01pm On May 22, 2022
AN ACCOUNT WAS OPENED IN YOUR NAME AT PROXY PROBABLY WITH YOUR PROFILE AND YOU SAT BACK LIKE A MUTTER WAITING FOR MONEY TO BE PAID IT SO 5GAT YOU MAY GO AND WITHDRAW. I PITY YOU, HACKERS AND FRUADSTERS ARE EVERYWHERE LOOKING FOR WHO TO PUT INTO TROUBLE, ONCE ANY MONEY IS LAUNDER INTO THAT ACCOUNT, NA YOU EFFCC SABI, YOU BETTER GO TO GTBANK AND 8NSIST THAT THE ACCOUNT SHOULD CLOSED THERE AT THE SPOT SINCE YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO AUTHORIZED THE OPENING AND YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. FRAUDSTERS MAKES USE OF PAYPAL AND THE REST TO LUANDER FRUADULENTLY OR STOLEN MONEY FROM OTHER PEOPLES ACCOUNT, MAYBE THE ACCOUNT THEY CREATED FOR YOU MIGHT BE ANOTHER GOOD AVENUE FOR THAT
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by maxjax(m): 9:27pm On May 22, 2022
I got this one too, its like an OTP message from FCMB...i nor get account with 'em

Zonefree:
I got similar one too from FCMB.

They sent me password for Account Creation and said it expires in 5 minutes.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by AkaraAndBread: 9:56pm On May 22, 2022
brandnprinting:

This one still dey speak English

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by MyExpression(m): 11:15pm On May 22, 2022
MansoryMX:

Some of you think it’s that easy to just put someone behind bars just like that. I have similar experience with FCMB. I think someone or their staff opened an account in my name. Let them come and arrest me! Here is a little expose of what I will do to them. I will take them to court, they will provide my signature, cctv clips of me inside any of their bank, documents showing I initiate and sign any transaction I am accused of and a lot more I won’t share with you. Then when they can’t provide any! I am hitting them with a defamation of character and damage lawsuit of N750 million naira! Half of the money to be shared by any 10 lawyers who take up my cases.

Before you arrest anyone make sure you have evidence! Else you just set trap for yourself if the person takes you to court for defamation and damages!

Dat na if dem no kill you.

The street rough ooo.
Person wey you wan sue, fit kill you...and there will be no case.

Just don't play in the mud, if you're not grown enough.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by EmperorHadrain: 12:18am On May 23, 2022
Terrence99:

An account has been opened in your name. One day, they will use it for crime and you will go to jail for something you are innocent of.

How?

Did I sign any docs with them?

Lawyer up and sue them if they try nonsense and by them I mean the Police, EFCC and the bank.

BVN is a public information and no way private .

Using my BVN to open an account doesn't equate me doing it myself.

Opening an account with a USSD short code does not end there . You are required to present yourself to the nearest bank branch to fill and provide necessary documents .

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by MansoryMX(m): 1:02am On May 23, 2022
MyExpression:

Dat na if dem no kill you.

The street rough ooo.
Person wey you wan, fit kill you...and there will be no case.

Just don't play in the mud, if you're not grown enough.

So bank go send people come kill you just like that? How many people bank don send assassin to? You think if someone drag you to court and you kill the person you are free? You should be praying the person don’t die mysteriously as una dey battle court case because you will be held responsible and sent to life imprisonment for a crime you didn’t commit sef.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Missfree: 6:36am On May 23, 2022
McCoy662:

Things like this can send someone to jail. Pls go to bank and clarify
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Anndrew(m): 8:37am On May 23, 2022
DEBJOCH1:
AN ACCOUNT WAS OPENED IN YOUR NAME AT PROXY PROBABLY WITH YOUR PROFILE AND YOU SAT BACK LIKE A MUTTER WAITING FOR MONEY TO BE PAID IT SO 5GAT YOU MAY GO AND WITHDRAW. I PITY YOU, HACKERS AND FRUADSTERS ARE EVERYWHERE LOOKING FOR WHO TO PUT INTO TROUBLE, ONCE ANY MONEY IS LAUNDER INTO THAT ACCOUNT, NA YOU EFFCC SABI, YOU BETTER GO TO GTBANK AND 8NSIST THAT THE ACCOUNT SHOULD CLOSED THERE AT THE SPOT SINCE YOU ARE NOT THE ONE WHO AUTHORIZED THE OPENING AND YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT. FRAUDSTERS MAKES USE OF PAYPAL AND THE REST TO LUANDER FRUADULENTLY OR STOLEN MONEY FROM OTHER PEOPLES ACCOUNT, MAYBE THE ACCOUNT THEY CREATED FOR YOU MIGHT BE ANOTHER GOOD AVENUE FOR THAT
This is why �� is a shit hole country.. The duties of the banks,is to protect their customers identity and secure their money and properties,..in a sane a country,the moment an account is open without the owner knowledge,the bank will flag it a red zoon..fraudsters are can only have access to ur bank thru ur mail or card details...any other is from the bank itself..
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by paulGrundy(m): 9:44am On May 23, 2022
srclark:
but this is so wrong banks need to check the activities of their staffs just the way one was collecting money from my elder aunty all in the name of savings , I was lucky my aunty told me cause my aunty was giving this woman cash I drove her to the bank branch and the lady was giving different excuses of not been in sit till she did the right stuff , especially all this ones that go from shop to shop trying to woe customers

It's wrong yes. But the marketer collecting money from your aunty is doing her job. She is a DSA. DSA is just like the bank type of Ajor or savings and thrift society.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by srclark: 12:21pm On May 23, 2022
paulGrundy:

It's wrong yes. But the marketer collecting money from your aunty is doing her job. She is a DSA. DSA is just like the bank type of Ajor or savings and thrift society.
I know this arrangements but this particular one was up to no good a lot of things where not adding up figures and stuffs , like my aunty paying into the bankers account via pos and the paid amount not reflecting I personally felt she was using my aunts money for something else and could return it at anytime cause my aunty was not putting enough pressure on her
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by obinnaxci(m): 10:20pm On May 23, 2022
I've handled a matter like this. From my experience, accounts are created for fraudulent purposes to launder money and when EFCC should carry out an investigation, and your details are in the account details, you have to prove that you never had information about this. The best thing to do is report to your bank. If your bank fail to comply with your complaint, write to the consumer protection department of the CBN
McCoy662:

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Exodora: 1:32am On May 27, 2022
Shadysen:
are you sure?
Why will I say something that am not sure of. That is what I do no hiding as long as I will be paid.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by TookyTooker: 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2022
It seems to me that first of all you should definitely contact people who will help you get rid of scammers. Because I had such a problem with documents and recently I turned to https://www.pandadoc.com/electronic-signature-software/ which helped me transfer data safely. The document exchange application prevents documents from being lost on the way or accidentally sending the wrong document to the client.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Paulyaweh(m): 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2022
Lekan239:
is there a way to check the account number linked to ur bvn in Nigeria
Im not sure there is a single platform to do it all at once..
But at each back the customer service can confirm accounts linked to your bvn in that particular vaank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu / Nigeria's 10 Richest Persons As Of 03/13/2009 / CBN Takes New Measures To Save The Naira From Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.