Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today (44228 Views)

Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / "Please Attend My Burial"- Dead Man Begs People To Come For His Burial In Poster / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Nmezor(f): 6:03pm On May 21, 2022
Favfables1:
I see ABSOLUTELY no reason for this thread sir undecided...

Since you've decided not to go, please sit in your house! undecided...

Abi are you expecting us to beg you to attend the wedding? Or all this one is just for attention? undecided...
cheesy, na for attention o
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by emmnprince(m): 6:03pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.

This elder brother (you) isn't serious with his flimsy excuses!
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by royalmu: 6:03pm On May 21, 2022
Okobola146:
no mind am. Wetin him for do, if the guy no even remember to invite am? Na to kill the guy. Nonsense
Na so hatred dey start over nothing.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 21, 2022
Entitlement! What's your problem? Aren't you family? If your cousin is like me, he won't even notice your absence.

I've sidelined so many fake family members like you

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Okobola146: 6:06pm On May 21, 2022
royalmu:
Na so hatred dey start over nothing.
I tell you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Lepon02: 6:06pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.
He won't see me there today.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

I just hope he invited his in-laws through WhatsApp too

Ok and what do you want us to do? undecided
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Richy4(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2022
pocohantas:
Nothing surprising here. Men are their own enemies. Always looking for who to drag ego with. If it is not women, it would be amongst themselves. DMerciful come and see your younger brothers. grin

grin cheesy
You are shaking that table too hard sis.. and it's made in Adamawa... Things might fall heavily..
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Okobola146: 6:07pm On May 21, 2022
Viltron:
Entitlement! What's your problem? Aren't you family? If your cousin is like me, he won't even notice your absence.

I've sidelined so many fake family members like you
God bless you.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SerikiFulani(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2022
OP please ignore those nuisances abusing you.

You made a good decision and I'm proud of you...

Children of nowadays are so disrespectful and it's annoying... That was how my 23 year old cousin was greeting me with a handshake at my Uncle's 70th birthday

Boy wey be say on the day of him naming, na me be head of organizing committee smiley

I almost wanted to instruct my boys to beat him up but I just let it slide cos my son and some family members were there.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SocialJustice: 6:07pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

Na pride dey finish you so. At least more rice for other guests. I'm sure your absence wasn't noticed.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Raychee(f): 6:07pm On May 21, 2022
Are you a toddler? Because you sure reason like one undecided. Nonsense talk

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by KingGBsky(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2022
Grow up old man… almost all wedding invitations are carried out through WhatsApp messaging. It’s way better. Imagine I don’t know the location to the wedding and lost the IV. The invitation on your phone helps a lot especially with locating venues.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Udemzy05: 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
rickpat:
have you been playing the role of an elder brother in his life?

have you been giving him the love, respect and support that you seek from him to him?

have you been leading my example?

THAT THING YOU WANT FROM PEOPLE WHY NOT GIVE IT FIRST?

it your answer is yes....then your bro is absolutely wrong and disrespectful

if your answer is NO....then you got issues...lead by example oga.. whether you go or not wedding must hold.... the priest won't even ask after you before joining the couple....and your bro will now completely disassociate himself from you....good luck
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by DMerciful(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
You must not know about me grin

I won't support this triviality but that does not mean women should not appreciate men duly
pocohantas:
Nothing surprising here. Men are their own enemies. Always looking for who to drag ego with. If it is not women, it would be amongst themselves. DMerciful come and see your younger brothers. grin
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Okobola146: 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.
seeing you face to face sey wetin happen? Who your face epp? Your face na CBN? abeg go sidon. Na your type yoruba people dey call agidi talika
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SerikiFulani(m): 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
07kjb:
Morally he should have visited with a wine,you did well for not going you shouldn't lose your prestige cheaply

Thank you

All those idiots abusing the OP are low self esteemed beings.... Na their type dey go any party even the ones they are uninvited to grin
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by ayo2008: 6:10pm On May 21, 2022
You are not leading by example... assume he is childish to send invite to you through whatsapp. (Not defending him at all, but he still sent the invite, if he dnt send it at all nko?).You should have proved you are the big brother by attending and not the other way round. Your going too is childish....your are indirectly nursing resentment. Have counsins that have done that in the past but still attended the wedding. There are some things that you will let it slide naturally without offence.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by chubinwa(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2022
This man... You don't have any single reason to complain. Alot have changed from the past. There wrong with e-invitation. Perhaps, the wedding still went well and you have just created hatred in the heart of your brother

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by cchima: 6:11pm On May 21, 2022
Welther you come or not the wedding must hold. Thank God you talk with him about. You're having unnecessary grudge. Cheer up !!!
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Grandkay21(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2022
I will only support you under two circumstances
1. If distance to cover before meeting you is person is not far
2. If he never put calls to you to invite you formally since he is a kid bro.
Finally conclusion how close are you to him as a senior and how strong is you communication with him , and if you are aware of the date before the invitation came he is not to be blame because he just want to fulfill all righteousness
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Okobola146: 6:11pm On May 21, 2022
Raychee:
Are you a toddler? Because you sure reason like one undecided. Nonsense talk
real nonsense talk.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Zorn: 6:11pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

Your cousin brother is doing wedding and you're waiting to be invited before you attend? Ain't you supposed to be planning the wedding together or helping him with some things? This your story doesn't make sense or maybe you don't just have sense.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Nobleman80: 6:12pm On May 21, 2022
Analog generation doesn't want to accept the reality of digital world

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by stevolution5: 6:12pm On May 21, 2022
If only u played ur role as big cousin well, he would have given the much needed respect. Right now whether u attend or attend the wedding go still make sense.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Klass99(f): 6:13pm On May 21, 2022
cool

6 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by nickyj19: 6:13pm On May 21, 2022
me wey dem invited on the day of wedding and I still go waiting you want my talk undecided undecided hmmmmmmm
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by reidkrugger(m): 6:14pm On May 21, 2022
rickpat:
have you been playing the role of an elder brother in his life?

have you been giving him the love, respect and support that you seek from him to him?

have you been leading my example?

THAT THING YOU WANT FROM PEOPLE WHY NOT GIVE IT FIRST?

it your answer is yes....then your bro is absolutely wrong and disrespectful

if your answer is NO....then you got issues...lead by example oga.. whether you go or not wedding must hold.... the priest won't even ask after you before joining the couple....and your bro will now completely disassociate himself from you....good luck

When he did same to his elder brothers, where they paying his school fees or showing him love or taking him to cinemas? The people you go to for things like this are not people that necessarily do or have done anything for you. It's the culture. What his nephew or cousin did is wrong. You better wake up and know how this game is played. You think say this na NETFLIX? @OP, you have my full support. You have done well. Infact, there's one like that I'm planning to do same to. Children wey nor gree get sense.

PS: @ all of you talking back at Op and taking jabs. This is Africa. We have a culture. It's evident from the way you people talk that most of you are under 35 and don't know your left from your right. Una jus de Lagos de do zazu. By the time una go village, dem go epp una reset una brains. There are ways things are done. Understand this.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Allisgud: 6:15pm On May 21, 2022
Jollof rice go reach pipol chop,abeg gerrout in kiriku voice kiss kiss kiss
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Truvelisback(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

U self, u too dey carry body up.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SerikiFulani(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2022
beejaay:
You have lost a golden opportunity to be close to your cousin and by extension mold him for the future by telling him his mistakes.. You should have gone for the wedding and do your duties as a big bro and after invite him for a chitchat in a friendly manner and pour out your mind to him in a loving and respectful way, that's the way to correct not doing strong head.. Two wrongs don't make a right.. You have lost a super respect from your cousin without even knowing why he did what he did.. Maybe your cousin even value you more than others and felt that u of all people will understand..
Next time don't be haste in making decision, do a soul search 360 and see from every perspectives, your 6 is 9 to someone else and your M is W to others..

Bro if truly he values him, he would at least send him an invitation card out of 500 printed

So you mean he sent out 500 invitation cards and couldn't keep one for someone he values... Some people need to be kept in their place abeg

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Larrykaysail(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

, means of communication is whatsapp , phone call or text message, you made a very bad decision for not going , uncle Ode..

If you are given political offer notification via whatsapp what will you do ?
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by wallarwallar(m): 6:17pm On May 21, 2022
U just messed up bro.. U @ in house family so u really don't need an IV. It's just like wen his father, mother, siblings are asking for lV even some frends don't need IV. U dey feel to important

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Tuface, Davido, Kcee, Among Other 500 Celebrities Storm Anambra For Oba Carnival / Zimbabwean Woman Marries Days After Her Arm Was Bitten Off By Crocodile (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.