Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today (44218 Views)

Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / "Please Attend My Burial"- Dead Man Begs People To Come For His Burial In Poster / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SeriouslySense(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2022
smiley smiley smiley
Cutehector:
You invite them, problem, you no invite them, still problem.

As in humans must come and bow down to your lordship bearing Gold, frankincense and myrrh before you will attend your relation's wedding.

I tire for people o...seriously. i don tell people this thing, for my wedding. Na only me and my wife with pastor.. And parents. Simple.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Sarsaproko: 6:19pm On May 21, 2022
You don marry? Congratulations o..
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 21, 2022
Oizee:
Oga forget this thing and go, u are a family and u suppose to understand his negligence attitude more than anyone else....
To be honest this is even what people do nowadays and kinda like.....u can't say u didn't see the IV now and, besides do u plan to eat the hard copy
cheesy that's #
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by iHart(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.
He won't see me there today.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

I just hope he invited his in-laws through WhatsApp too
You don't have money to spray him and you are looking for a reason not to go.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Bbbw: 6:20pm On May 21, 2022
Really
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by SeriouslySense(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2022
I don't think your cousin owes you anything and you don't owe your cousin anything. If you did not go, there is no problem.

Just be at peace with whatever you have done. Let your intentions be decent and move on. Do not dwell on the actions of people, be responsible for yourself.

It seems you are making it a big deal and its disturbing you, why don't you ask yourself why are you so bothered, maybe you will understand yourself better.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Elioandrew: 6:21pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

This is arrant nonsense. That's why you are family, you don't need any invitation before you attend your cousins(brother/sister) wedding. Don't you think as a mature man that you are, that the invite cards should be for outsiders in quote? How much have you invested in that your cousins life since you say you knew when he was born? Oga, with or without you, the wedding will hold. Your absence cannot stop the wedding from holding so dey ur lane. Abi you were eyeing his bride? Talk make we know. Bad belle undecided

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Dearlord(m): 6:21pm On May 21, 2022
Oga, tell us say you no get weten u go give the young man and we will understand.
No too dey decieve urself, person like you Dem fit invite you with everything but go still find excuse giv

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Light78: 6:22pm On May 21, 2022
That was bad of your cousin. He should have made out time to see you and tell you face to face. I guess it is negligence.

I hope you later changed your mind and attended the wedding.

It also depends on how close you two are. When my sister and my cousin did white wedding, no IV for family members oo. We walked in like a boss.

Take heart and forgive him.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Slynation(m): 6:22pm On May 21, 2022
TBVH...I see nothing wrong here, Nigeria is nolonger safe for one to travel/move around when there are easier alternative method...OP must be a very wahala somebody claiming matured man but dishing insults like a toddler...

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Burgerlomo: 6:22pm On May 21, 2022
No vex if the dude tell you say he didn't even notice say you no dey there o

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Invest4growth: 6:23pm On May 21, 2022
Perhaps you overreacted. You have done yours, so you said. You suddenly forgot there still more celebrations in the family and the retaliation goes on and on. Your not attending though painful as it may sound is meaningless and would easily be discounted. Easy does it
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Starhearts: 6:25pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

Diz shows dat u re of no use to his Life...
U re not a real human being

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by salveoP(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2022
Lolz.... whether you attend or not, the wedding will still hold.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Wande22(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

Not everyone is a drunkard like your father before you
Some of us sabi control ourselves
bros, e gbadun sir (you no well at all)

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Tonytonex(m): 6:28pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

was your distance far from his?
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Elioandrew: 6:29pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

You are a bigger fool of your generation
You still have mouth to talk undecided? You should hide your face in shame if you don't know. Yes!!! You are an entitled mumu man1 of your whole family. Na you mumu pass. Cos the older you get, I can see you're getting more dumb

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by dontrulee: 6:30pm On May 21, 2022
Nawa oooo
Why you dey behave like this na??
grin grin.

Oga, life don modernize jare. You just dey vex for nothing.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by AntiMen: 6:31pm On May 21, 2022
07kjb:
Morally he should have visited with a wine,you did well for not going you shouldn't lose your prestige cheaply

@ the end of your life's journey, all prestige shall be lost to death.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Elioandrew: 6:31pm On May 21, 2022
Starhearts:

Diz shows dat u re of no use to his Life...
U re not a real human being
Well said sir. One chilled bottle of anything you like to drink. cool
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Tonytonex(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2022
SeriouslySense:
I don't think your cousin owes you anything and you don't owe your cousin anything. If you did not go, there is no problem.

Just be at peace with whatever you have done. Let your intentions be decent and move on. Do not dwell on the actions of people, be responsible for yourself.

It seems you are making it a big deal and its disturbing you, why don't you ask yourself why are you so bothered, maybe you will understand yourself better.
This is a very wise comment. Nairaland is blessed with some intelligent people.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:34pm On May 21, 2022
Good riddance. Please, flush. No be say you go even give them better gifts or support financially. Entitled old cargo.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by bluefilm: 6:34pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

Your case is different.

People are moving for paperless office and you are here retaining your old school mentality and yet you think you deserve some accolades for being so out of touch with modern times.

You never wan talk the real reason why you no wan attend the wedding.

But the good thing be say, weda you attend or you no attend, the wedding must continue...

Just to show you how useless you are in the grand scheme of things.

Nonsense. angry
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by dejio42(m): 6:35pm On May 21, 2022
grin op no well at all.
You have just said little about your bitter life.
Close relative don't get hard copy invites. Tell someone to tell someone cos the groom is busy,he has a lot on his head.

By the way, what is your wife's roll on all dis,as a responsible uncle whom you claim you be
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by juman(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2022
The guy WhatsApp invitation is good enough.
World is moving we are following. New generation of people.

But op is right not to go as he said. He is not ready for new ways the technology offers. He has right to his opinion.

But in my opinion attending the wedding is to honour the parents of the guy not the guy par say.

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by kunle75(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

Bros,wake up this is digital age.

They won't even feel your absence, go back to bed please and wake up when the party is over.

Don't come for me oooo,cos abi zazuuu oooo
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by orlaglobal234: 6:37pm On May 21, 2022
May be you no get money
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by tollyboy5(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

That one day, your uncle won form westty..he not a traditional man.

Na him make many of them don't teach their children proper manners and custom. If you check well many of our customs dey lust everyday
Wedding card is not our custom

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Igwe290: 6:39pm On May 21, 2022
You done Dey practice witch craft
Born2winnx:

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by tonididdy(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.
When was your wedding? 10yrs ago I assume. I understand your point, you want a higher respect.
2022 is a digital age... ELECTRONIC invites are cheaper and faster.
For me if you give me a hard copy invite... I'll prolly forget to attend.
You just have to accept the digital age bro... Imagine if you are in PH and your cousin in Lagos ( do you expect him to travel all the way down just to present your hard copy invite?) ( untop how much u want Spray na! )
You were totally wrong not to attend!
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by 07kjb: 6:41pm On May 21, 2022
AntiMen:

Those that have morals should uphold it never let it go

He owes his uncle an official invitation,let us not be living in a mannerless society
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by 07kjb: 6:42pm On May 21, 2022
AntiMen:

Prestige don't loss even in the grave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Tuface, Davido, Kcee, Among Other 500 Celebrities Storm Anambra For Oba Carnival / Zimbabwean Woman Marries Days After Her Arm Was Bitten Off By Crocodile (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62