Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today (44241 Views)

Congolese Man Marries Triplet Sisters Same Day In Colourful Wedding Ceremony / "Please Attend My Burial"- Dead Man Begs People To Come For His Burial In Poster / Female 'Best Man' Steals The Show At Her Brother's Wedding In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Collins4u1(m): 8:17pm On May 21, 2022
I will invite you with a phone call.... Brother won't stress a brother..
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Muna400(f): 8:18pm On May 21, 2022
I just feel lyk he has nufin to benefit from u.. If he has, he will come with drinks and card and invite u specially becos he knows u will surely drop heavy envelope. Since he knows dat u won't drop something tangible, he invited u lyk a normal person

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by adanny01(m): 8:20pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.

So you want to retaliate on the younger bro. Did his elder brother force you to visit him? Now, this you younger cousin will not attend your own son's wedding even if your son physically invites him because you didn't attend his own wedding. Let's just assume you guys seize to be related.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:22pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

No I don't plan on eating the hard copy, but seeing me face to face is not a bad thing. When I did my marriage, I had to travel to his own elder brother that's older than I.
na digital age we dey,e no mean anything.At least he still regards you to invite you.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by twosquare(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2022
Don't mind that one...
tollyboy5:

Wedding card is not our custom
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by ibinaboonline: 8:26pm On May 21, 2022
Those saying he should not be offended are right, but this man is also right to feel offended. In my opinion, Whatsapp invitation is in the “for the general public “ category, while family is a more hands-on. For example, this man would not feel this way if his little cousin called afterwards to ask him if he has seen the invitation card he sent via WhatsApp. The cousin even laughed it off when this man brought the issue up. By sending him the invitation via WhatsApp, this man could feel like he’d been categorized as “general public “ when he deserves better than that. So, I understand his sentiments, and I think the decision to go or not to go is absolutely up to him.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by ibinaboonline: 8:28pm On May 21, 2022
In that case, the cousin is not wise.
Muna400:
I just feel lyk he has nufin to benefit from u.. If he has, he will come with drinks and card and invite u specially becos he knows u will surely drop heavy envelope. Since he knows dat u won't drop something tangible, he invited u lyk a normal person
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by karli4nia(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2022
pocohantas:
Nothing surprising here. .......... ........ .....
. grin

The Lemurian giant.. Whats cracking.. wink
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by wallrichy: 8:39pm On May 21, 2022
Your protest will soon get to a stage that you will say how can a boy I know when he was born be richer than me. Old boy, you dey beef the young man, u dey jealous, you dey maga plenty, you dey Bleep up big time and we dey call you bloda....make rat eat your blokos uncle entitlement..OLODO Rabata...Lol

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by chiboycue: 8:43pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.
He won't see me there today.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

I just hope he invited his in-laws through WhatsApp too

Guy, personally, I see nothing wrong in your cousin sending you a wedding invitation via Whatsapp. The main thing is that you were invited to the wedding. The channel through which you get the wedding invitation could be via soft copy (email, sms, whatapp, telegram etc.) or hardcopy (letter or card).

Just be happy that your cousin is getting married and support him morally, spiritually and physically.

He will still go ahead and be happily married while you are busy bearing grudges against him which is not necessary in the first place.

Even if you don't want to attend the wedding, don't use softcopy invitation as a reason for not attending because the excuse is invalid.

Just be happy, buy a wedding gift and sent to him afterwards .
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Mypeople2(m): 8:54pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:
The wedding is holding today and have made up my mind not to attend because the dude invited me through WhatsApp. It annoys me how children of this days has no regards or character for their elders. they are changing everything all in the name modernization.

How can someone, I know the exact date he was born be inviting me through WhatsApp, no respect at all, sending the scanned card copy there.. what happened to the hardware copy he printed? I had to tell him, he laughed it off saying bros nor vex the 500 copies he printed was not enough to share self. I didn't want to press the issue farther my mind is already made up.

When I did mine, I knew how far distance I trekked to invite his elder brothers face to face, bought several drinks.

In summary ,brother bros, nor go but the wedding will still take place whether you go or not .Abeg Lala next story
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 21, 2022
Didn't invite any uncles or aunties from either my father or mother's side, no cousins or what have you when I got married. Some relations were there that day, probably got the info from my siblings. After everything I hear say some of them dey vex, I no send anybody. I can't give honour to people that have no place in my story, in fact it would have been wrong to disturb them because everybody dey on his own lane normally
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Dannyilo(m): 8:58pm On May 21, 2022
You are just acting like a bitter soul. Who prints hardcopy IV now? It's waste of resources. I can't remember the last time I saw any. He even sent you softcopy invite which shows he had you in mind and you are still angry because you feel he is supposed to come to your house? Lobatan. Now that you didn't attend, was the wedding cancelled? Has your cousin lost anything? You are the one angry at someone who is not aware you are even angry and I am very certain you didn't tell him you didn't attend because he didn't bring the physical card to your house.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by okoroemeka(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2022
rickpat:
have you been playing the role of an elder brother in his life?

have you been giving him the love, respect and support that you seek from him to him?

have you been leading my example?

THAT THING YOU WANT FROM PEOPLE WHY NOT GIVE IT FIRST?

it your answer is yes....then your bro is absolutely wrong and disrespectful

if your answer is NO....then you got issues...lead by example oga.. whether you go or not wedding must hold.... the priest won't even ask after you before joining the couple....and your fe will now completely disassociate himseflf from you....good luck
times are changing and we must change with it or risk been stuck in the past,I don't see anything wrong by your brother sending an invitation through WhatsApp,at least he remembered, movement in Nigeria these days supposed to be restricted to the barest minimum considering the security challenges,when I did my marriage I travelled to Lagos to share cards and expensive hot drinks,if now I will not advice for such,times are changing and we must change with it,and you not going does not affect anything or determine the outcome of the wedding but shows partisan pettiness.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by legionISproteus: 9:17pm On May 21, 2022
Another mf saying "cousin brother"

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Onedance: 9:17pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

what if he start coming and God forbid he have accident on the road.na you will still come post it here that he should have just call or send it on WhatsApp cool
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by BigBizzy(m): 9:28pm On May 21, 2022
As you no attend, the wedding no hold?
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Judd007: 9:31pm On May 21, 2022
You no well at all, what difference will it make if you didn’t go?
Born2winnx:

Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by JennyOfOldstones(f): 9:36pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

Oga giving out hard copy invitations is a custom that's already phasing out. Try to keep up with recent happenings. Besides as a family member, you're not even supposed to receive one since family members are usually informed orally. Maybe you don't want to go because you don't have money for wedding gifts
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Petshopng: 9:40pm On May 21, 2022
Wow, I hope you guys can resolve your differences
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by pharmaking: 9:46pm On May 21, 2022
Leave all these cousins, distant cousins, nephews, nieces alone, they will never respect you.

Eyes don open.

Even my blood brother wey I send go school no dey give me any regard, not to talk of cousins.

I don discard all of those extended family shit.

Anyone that regard me, I will return the respect and attention.

I no get time for family godfatherism.

Mind your family and get peace of mind.

Thank God say he even invite you.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Jackanda1(m): 10:16pm On May 21, 2022
This happens very often during occasions. Everyone expects you to invite them specially. Be ready to offend as many as possible.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by sugarbeesmith(m): 10:21pm On May 21, 2022
Richy4:
Oga thing are changing and u have to change with it... The fact that u have a WhatsApp account shows that u are trending with the moving train cheesy

The most important part was that he remembered you and sent the invite across...

I believe Whatsapp is used for communication and the fastest way to reach you was through that..in my opinion, it has nothing to do with respect or disregard...
OP I hope you were not the type of person that a younger individual would ask how are u while greeting and u feel insulted grin
can we stop this justification "things have changed" if something is wrong then it is wrong .....
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:23pm On May 21, 2022
You have repay evil for evil that's bad
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Bluffly: 10:30pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

You did this does not mean they must do same for you. Economically, it makes no sense. As long as you have seen him and his fiancee before face to face, then there shouldnt an issue.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by ImaIma1(f): 10:31pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

I'm not attending, mind already made up.

He might not even notice that you didn't come. And you will still be the one to bring it up because he won't know you are keeping him in mind. There are some things we should let go.

Your case reminds me of a relative in the village that told me he wasn't attending my mum's burial because my brother didn't invite him personally. Someone that benefited from my family especially through my mum.

It was sad and petty and I just blacklisted in my heart since. You miss an important family function over something so trivial. Hope you didn't go.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Blake755: 10:35pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

You wan make the guy trek small haha bro we are in digital age I see nothing wrong in it
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by LUGBE: 10:59pm On May 21, 2022
He did it because you came even this op may have done same if his cousin came.

So forget,men should be wise when they want to wed to accomodate his family too in all the arrangement if not wifes can divert everything. Is even friends that understand you that you can invite via whatsapp.

How can he admit he printed 500 cards without giving you one. If he knows he cant meet up with the number of cards needed, he would not have printed at all.

Even your parents need the invitation and drinks for the invite.

SWATMan:

grin grin cheesy
When I did my wedding many years back, I took the card and a bottle of St. Remi to my uncle who was living in the same city with me, could you believe he rejected my card and the drink in the presence of my wife telling me that he doesn't need an invite card to attend my wedding! So different strokes for different people.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Poetically09: 11:15pm On May 21, 2022
Born2winnx:

wey tin concern me? Abeg stay your house...we all keeping saying things are hard yet you want hard copy? In this BUHARI REGIME? SMH
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by esthel(f): 11:21pm On May 21, 2022
Na wa o, are you not a family member who knows the programme, will you eat the card.
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by Chris2863(m): 11:22pm On May 21, 2022
You only sound dumb, jealous and bitter to me
Re: Why I Won't Attend My Cousin Brother's Wedding Ceremony Today by BabaIbo: 11:28pm On May 21, 2022
Check your past actions toward him. Maybe him dey reason say you no deserve the printed IV card.

I have this cousin of mine that is currently behaving anyhow, he doesn't have regards to his younger cousins. He has done things I don't want to mention here because I don't give a f*ck about it or how he choose to live his life.
I'M ONLY WRITING THIS BECAUSE OF THIS POST.

Back to the post... If I decide not to invite him to my wedding at all, talk more of inviting him through whatsapp, it will now be as if I don't have respect for him, meanwhile he doesn't deserve any respect.
And you know he will hear about it from someone else and I definitely know he will be the one to run to my parents or uncles/aunts OR social media(like you did here) to tell them how I disrespected him, because e don report give them on similar action before. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

My point is, had it been you played or have been playing that elderly role you are supposed to play, that respect and regards you seek will come to you naturally.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Zimbabwean Woman Marries Days After Her Arm Was Bitten Off By Crocodile (Photos) / Tuface, Davido, Kcee, Among Other 500 Celebrities Storm Anambra For Oba Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.