Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers (40553 Views)

Household Items Relocation Sales (digital Fridge + Freezer, Treadmill, Bed Etc) / Fairly Used Items Up For Sale Due To Relocation / Relocation Sale,ac, Dining, Generator, Bed, For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by SeriouslySense(m): 10:58pm On May 22, 2022
smiley smiley smiley
luwiizy:
Next time before relocating, try to make friends with the sellers around like aboki, in the neighborhood. Whenever you visit.

They know more than you can ever imagine
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by colestephan86: 10:58pm On May 22, 2022
MrDevice:
My rented apartment was burgled last week and this happens to be the first ever since the house was built.

My flat not the first, but they ignored others and start with mine, and they gone away with valuables worth million before they burgled other occupants of the house and left with some valubles too.

So I'm currently planning to move to another safer place. The owner of the house said I should provide new Tennant that he will refund some part of my money.

The agent who's bringing them already knows why I want to leave but he's telling, I'm moving out because or work transfer.

My concern now is that, i don't know the security situation of where I'm going because agents lies too much. Could it be it's going be from frying pan to fire for me. Should I stay back to put our street security in order, or I should move out?
Insuring your properties isn't as expensive as you think
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by dratine(m): 10:59pm On May 22, 2022
Which kind question is this.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by UncleKoboko: 11:03pm On May 22, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:
I'm waiting for the first to blame IPOB.
Of course
Who else can compete when it comes to PROSTITUTION, DRUGS AND ROBBERY?
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by greggng: 11:05pm On May 22, 2022
MrDevice:
My rented apartment was burgled last week and this happens to be the first ever since the house was built.

My flat not the first, but they ignored others and start with mine, and they gone away with valuables worth million before they burgled other occupants of the house and left with some valubles too.

So I'm currently planning to move to another safer place. The owner of the house said I should provide new Tennant that he will refund some part of my money.

The agent who's bringing them already knows why I want to leave but he's telling, I'm moving out because or work transfer.

My concern now is that, i don't know the security situation of where I'm going because agents lies too much. Could it be it's going be from frying pan to fire for me. Should I stay back to put our street security in order, or I should move out?

I was living at okooba area ...one day armed robbers visited me ..After robbing me I went to okooba police station to report it cos they stole most of my valuables . I bought an iron door to replace my door...this is just to enhance my security ...

Within this period, there is this popular musician called benita okojie that moved into same compound but she was living on one off the duplex. I became very close to the family...one day the mother asked me why my old door was kept close to the entrance to their place ...I simply told them I just changed to iron door ..I don't want to scare them away since they ate just new .moreover the incident is just the first time ..

After two weeks the robbers came back ...and after which I didn't even tell anyone....I.parked out . That's the best decision I ever took .The owner of the house is based in abroad. He called, sent police to be monitoring the area but I refused to stay cos it looks like someone is planning all that to bring me down. I have lived in gowon estate for 12 years ...I have not lost a single pin

The essence of this long story is to encourage you to park out to a safer place for your own good .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by SeriouslySense(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2022
Quite a lesson. If you don't mind, i ask this, was it only your house they usually robbed.

greggng:

I was living at okooba area ...one day armed robbers visited me ..After robbing me I went to okooba police station to report it cos they stole most of my valuables . I bought an iron door to replace my door...this is just to enhance my security ...

Within this period, there is this popular musician called benita okojie that moved into same compound but she was living on one off the duplex. I became very close to the family...one day the mother asked me why my old door was kept close to the entrance to their place ...I simply told them I just changed to iron door ..I don't want to scare them away since they ate just new .moreover the incident is just the first time ..

After two weeks the robbers came back ...and after which I didn't even tell anyone....I.parked out . That's the best decision I ever took .The owner of the house is based in abroad. He called, sent police to be monitoring the area but I refused to stay cos it looks like someone is planning all that to bring me down. I have lived in gowon estate for 12 years ...I have not lost a single pin

The essence of this long story is to encourage you to park out to a safer place for your own good .
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by SUNNINO(m): 11:12pm On May 22, 2022
Which state and location, someone could give you clue about the environment.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by SeriouslySense(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2022
True, useful clues.
SUNNINO:
Which state and location, someone could give you clue about the environment.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by harmony75: 11:14pm On May 22, 2022
Train a dog God is our security but get a dog any house they are dogs it's difficult for thieves.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Sixfiguresmart(m): 11:17pm On May 22, 2022
MrDevice:

If you had provided details of where you live, other people will have the sort of clue that you seek.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by lilyheaven: 11:21pm On May 22, 2022
grin grin
to where biko ?
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by GoodIsGod: 11:29pm On May 22, 2022
Naija is a funny place to live. One should be prayerful and try to wise up.

A nephew of mine a student of OAU Ife lived off campus rented a possessed room. The house is a face me I face you. Funny enough it's only the room in the whole of the building that is hunted. grin. Other tenants knew but did not tell my nephew and his roommate when they packed in. It was like they were waiting for the day they would hear the boys shout for help.
Days into their packing in a strange woman appeared and disappeared in the room. The boys turned the room to night vigil room and for days the woman didn't visit again.
Another day she came visiting, he and his roommate ran out to the passage shouting for help. The other neighbors did not open their doors. grin
They eventually moved out.

House agents are wicked set of people. They don't tell intending tenants the whole truth about the houses. All they are after is the money.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by venabili: 11:29pm On May 22, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Dear op,

Nowhere is safe right now......plus once you have been burgled the probability of being burgled again is meant to be less theoretically?

I've experienced the same and trust me when I say 'it no fit happen again' - come see my equipment's, gadgets, holy books, devices, charms, poisons, and weapons acquired since then!

But anyway, ....although theoretically Nigeria is unpredictable so the above may not apply I recommend you sit tight for now - or lass last relocate to another flat within the building and invest in a 'better' loud dog to begin with then some other useful 'stuff'

Happened to me twice within 3 months. Second time i was beaten black and blue. Lost 9months rent as i had to leave immediately. Thank God i did. They came back less than three months. The new occupier was robbed massively. #Ugbowo

2 Likes

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by greggng: 11:33pm On May 22, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Quite a lesson. If you don't mind, i ask this, was it only your house they usually robbed.

God bless you for this question ...sure they robbed only my house . I hired opc member to guard my house despite paying for security...the reason why I hired opc was that i was building a house next street from where I live. I just wanted to he safe untill my house is ready.

If you see what this thief did to the opc guy I hired, you will thank me for running away . When they were asking me to open my door ,I refused and start calling police and my opc security ..they police answered and promised to come but they didn't show up untill this guy left . It was the police that untied my opc security. When I realised that even opc can't save me , I ran for my life . However , when I.left ,I started hearing news about how they were going from house to house . I also heard they guys are from lagos state University part time school ..at okooba ..but this is uncomfirn ...cos I was wondering how a university student should now turn to armed robber on the night . It was terrible ....

2 Likes

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Ajilenu: 11:45pm On May 22, 2022
Whatever makes you feel safe.

Get the best USDT rate on yellow card kiss
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by faceland: 11:47pm On May 22, 2022
No eye witness?
That is a bad neighborhood. The thief lives there too.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Sleekfingers: 12:03am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

Thrash. ....so na we here go tell you what's best for you abi?
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Sleekfingers: 12:05am On May 23, 2022
successmatters:

Are you saying the northerners might be responsible for the crime?

This your IQ get K legs o.....what kinda annoying question is that ? And some of you guys will be calling buhari a dullard

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by 360command: 12:10am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

for house burglar, get a wifi camera(ring) that can communicate with home invaders.
If any burglar steps into your home from a certain distance, the camera turns on to capture that moving object and alert your phone. You can see what the person is doing and you can communicate to the thieves to leave your house.

For night time, get those bulbs or lighting that works using censor ; if anybody passes, a bright light shines .

Ofcourse, you have to power up using solar if you want security..

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Sleekfingers: 12:13am On May 23, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

And who are you to put your street security in order when you no be landlord.

Abeg komot that street and find another street no be only one street dey.

You don't really have to be a landlord to put your street or neighborhood security in order......both the landlord and tenants pay for securities in their street or neighborhood. It is a joint effort.
And come to think of it. There are lots of houses that the landlord or whosoever in charge doesn't reside in that area or house.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Ifansi(m): 12:15am On May 23, 2022
Good morning nairaland
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by strongrod05(m): 12:32am On May 23, 2022
No where is safe in this our Country I will advice you to stay back and make sure necessary security is in place to avoid future occurrences undecided undecided
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by GreatAxeMan: 12:37am On May 23, 2022
Which part of Lagos is this so I can avoid it?

MrDevice:

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Bigchristo: 12:39am On May 23, 2022
successmatters:

Are you saying the northerners might be responsible for the crime?
Don’t misunderstood the guy he only meant to say those who sell in the neighborhood gets better information of how the area is, please don’t fuel another religion war here
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Lucasmuyiwaa: 12:42am On May 23, 2022
Sleekfingers:

You don't really have to be a landlord to put your street or neighborhood security in order......both the landlord and tenants pay for securities in their street or neighborhood. It is a joint effort.
And come to think of it. There are lots of houses that the landlord or whosoever in charge doesn't reside in that area or house.

When next the landlords are having meeting maybe you should go there and ask them if tenants too can be joining landlord meeting.

You Dey pay house rent no mean say you fit do as you like for that street or for the house sef.

And if the caretaker of landlord doesn’t live in the house does that mean your are automatically the landlord or chief tenant to put security in order.

You said all of you paid for securities and why are you still being robbed ?

Something that the landlords or agents you pay security fees to can’t handle so na you wey ne tenant go come handle am.

Boss there’s nothing you can do order than to leave the neighborhood or keep staying there till the landlords or agents find solution.

If you’re trying to secure your street by yourself you’re on your own cuz you alone can’t stop armed robbers when other tenants are planning to relocate or keep complaining to landlord or agents until they find solutions.

Believe me tenants won’t join you to fight the insecurity because no be their papa street and they have dream to relocate too.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Ifakiland(m): 12:43am On May 23, 2022
Reality3080:
see useless reasoning

Someone is telling d op to ask from people who know the area very well due to their years of experience in d area n all u could come up with us that they might b responsible for d crime

Your brain is filled with omo

I know d next thing u will do now is to reply me with your alternate account bkayy
Walai I see the reply, I just know say na mumu the op go be, no wonder them dey Rob you
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by dangoteinlaw: 12:43am On May 23, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
lipsrsealed Handwork of laborers,Bricklayer’s,painters,plumber etc.Dey do this much in lekki/Ajah axis
ah omo that lekki ajah axis is way way too less secure for the name hype it carries. As in someone can't even stand near the road or even park and wait for someone without the fear of being robbed.. honestly I will choose any mainland location over that place, my safety first before anything else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Sleekfingers: 12:47am On May 23, 2022
Lucasmuyiwaa:

When next the landlords are having meeting maybe you should go there and ask them if tenants too can be joining landlord meeting.

You Dey pay house rent no mean say you fit do as you like for that street or for the house sef.

And if the caretaker of landlord doesn’t live in the house does that mean your are automatically the landlord or chief tenant to put security in order.

You said all of you paid for securities and why are you still being robbed ?

Something that the landlords or agents you pay security fees to can’t handle so na you wey ne tenant go come handle am.

Boss there’s nothing you can do order than to leave the neighborhood or keep staying there till the landlords or agents find solution.

If you’re trying to secure your street by yourself you’re on your own cuz you alone can’t stop armed robbers when other tenants are planning to relocate or keep complaining to landlord or agents until they find solutions.

Believe me tenants won’t join you to fight the insecurity because no be their papa street and they have dream to relocate too.

What a ridiculous post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? / 'Drop Refuse And Die' Signpost In Nekede (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.