Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,805 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers (40552 Views)

Household Items Relocation Sales (digital Fridge + Freezer, Treadmill, Bed Etc) / Fairly Used Items Up For Sale Due To Relocation / Relocation Sale,ac, Dining, Generator, Bed, For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by zumbigbo(m): 7:00am On May 23, 2022
[quote author=greggng post=113083687]

untill my house is ready.

If you see what this thief did to the opc guy I hired, you will thank me for running away . When they were asking me to open my door ,I refused and start calling police and my opc security ..they police answered and promised to come but they didn't show up untill this guy left . It was the police that untied my opc security. When I realised that even opc can't save me , I ran for my life .

That OPC guy na confirmed scammer
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by MrDevice: 7:09am On May 23, 2022
greggng:

I was living at okooba area ...one day armed robbers visited me ..After robbing me I went to okooba police station to report it cos they stole most of my valuables . I bought an iron door to replace my door...this is just to enhance my security ...

Within this period, there is this popular musician called benita okojie that moved into same compound but she was living on one off the duplex. I became very close to the family...one day the mother asked me why my old door was kept close to the entrance to their place ...I simply told them I just changed to iron door ..I don't want to scare them away since they ate just new .moreover the incident is just the first time ..

After two weeks the robbers came back ...and after which I didn't even tell anyone....I.parked out . That's the best decision I ever took .The owner of the house is based in abroad. He called, sent police to be monitoring the area but I refused to stay cos it looks like someone is planning all that to bring me down. I have lived in gowon estate for 12 years ...I have not lost a single pin

The essence of this long story is to encourage you to park out to a safer place for your own good .

Thanks
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by pocohantas(f): 7:12am On May 23, 2022
Nikkganc08:

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU RELOCATE.

there's no way a thief would come to ur house and steal goods worth millions and u won't expect them to come back again for more.

Even if those ones don't come , their friends will come.

Had it been they got stuffs worth less than 10k , I'd have adviced u to remain there and don't relocate.

But hey...

Those guys MUST surely return for more.

Its just a matter of time.

Maybe , 1 or 2 months. But it won't exceed this year

Well said. People claiming they won’t come back are plain ignorant grin. They would be nice enough to give him 2 months or thereabout to replace some of the items, then they would strike again and again.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Stevyne: 7:18am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:
My rented apartment was burgled last week and this happens to be the first ever since the house was built.

My flat not the first, but they ignored others and start with mine, and they gone away with valuables worth million before they burgled other occupants of the house and left with some valubles too.

So I'm currently planning to move to another safer place. The owner of the house said I should provide new Tennant that he will refund some part of my money.

The agent who's bringing them already knows why I want to leave but he's telling, I'm moving out because or work transfer.

My concern now is that, i don't know the security situation of where I'm going because agents lies too much. Could it be it's going be from frying pan to fire for me. Should I stay back to put our street security in order, or I should move out?
For your CCTV installation n maintenance, send me a DM.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by MrDevice: 7:20am On May 23, 2022
ikorodureporta:
Any house can be burgled..as long as you are not around.. how are you sure it wasn't your neighbours, because na who know yr movement fit burgled you like that,
Make sure someone is always around if you can..

For here na by faith we dey live, always expecting something...atimes just to go 2hrs church, burglers don strike.
I'm just thinking of making a video of everything in my house so that I will have enough evidence to report

I was around bro. They were armed
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by MrDevice: 7:21am On May 23, 2022
azpekuliar:

Sorry for your ordeal. What part of Nigeria did this happen?
Abuja
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by MrDevice: 7:25am On May 23, 2022
Oceanjagaban:

You are still a child,go to your parents house
You are talking to a married man bro
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by ebullient19(f): 8:18am On May 23, 2022
That's true 100%
I remember going with my friend to supervise the house before paying rent, I wasn't satisfied with the house so I told her to ask people around if she can rent the house. She asked a woman across and the woman advised her not to rent the house because of the landlady and nepa bills issues.

luwiizy:
Next time before relocating, try to make friends with the sellers around like aboki, in the neighborhood. Whenever you visit.

They know more than you can ever imagine

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by justiz5(m): 8:39am On May 23, 2022
Honestfrend:
So sorry for ur loss.. No vigilantay in the area; u people can come together mett with the leader or other tenants n landlords and form a vigilantay group.. Pay them something.. If every tenant is paying like 2-5k for vigilantay it will go a long way.. Also get 2 or 3 hidden cameras in ur apartment.. Catch one catch all.

Most of the boys for ur street nai dey carry out dis act.
Please how and when can one get these hidden cameras
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Honestfrend: 8:50am On May 23, 2022
justiz5:

Please how and when can one get these hidden cameras

Ojo Alaba in Lagos..

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by trumpcoat(m): 9:23am On May 23, 2022
successmatters:

Are you saying the northerners might be responsible for the crime?

What he's saying is that,ask the aboki about the security of the environment you're packing to, they will gist you about the new area just to be sure because agent and landlord will never open up to you they are interested in the money only

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by AbuAeesha: 9:33am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:
My rented apartment was burgled last week and this happens to be the first ever since the house was built.

My flat not the first, but they ignored others and start with mine, and they gone away with valuables worth million before they burgled other occupants of the house and left with some valubles too.

So I'm currently planning to move to another safer place. The owner of the house said I should provide new Tennant that he will refund some part of my money.

The agent who's bringing them already knows why I want to leave but he's telling, I'm moving out because or work transfer.

My concern now is that, i don't know the security situation of where I'm going because agents lies too much. Could it be it's going be from frying pan to fire for me. Should I stay back to put our street security in order, or I should move out?
if u aren't sure of ur destination abroad and u have a nice job here...
bro get a licensed riffle and watch out.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Rexymania(m): 10:12am On May 23, 2022
What state are you in?
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Favmil101(m): 10:27am On May 23, 2022
Stay put man nd beef up the security
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Flipmac(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2022
micflo28:
If they did not rob your neighbors, then they are the informants. It’s a way of taking from your pool of plenty especially if they see you are well to do. Have a meeting with your neighbors and ask them how they cope, paint a picture of a struggling man and always cooperate with them on contributions. Do things that will make them accept and protect you. Thieves don’t keep track of new tenants. It is the neighbors that do and inform thieves. Also, get a dog, sharpened cutlass and a loud panic alarm system with pepper spray. All this can deter or keep them away too.
Just look at how sure you sound.
Literally the most foolish statement I've heard this month.

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by ikorodureporta: 12:55pm On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

I was around bro. They were armed
shocked
Kpelle-o!
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by darediamond(m): 1:09pm On May 23, 2022
luwiizy:

Not what I meant.
I mean they know how safe a place is based on thier on personal experience
Well to some extent, you are Rigth.

But OP needs to arrest the Agent sharp Sharp!!!

In one particular area in Oyo State, it is always the scene that whenever there is a new occupant of a newly built home, armed robbers would strick the home. Later, a victim who think out of the Box threat his agent Bleep up by getting him arrested. Na so kasala burst for other agents too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? / 'Drop Refuse And Die' Signpost In Nekede (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.