Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers (40559 Views)

Household Items Relocation Sales (digital Fridge + Freezer, Treadmill, Bed Etc) / Fairly Used Items Up For Sale Due To Relocation / Relocation Sale,ac, Dining, Generator, Bed, For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Lucasmuyiwaa: 12:52am On May 23, 2022
Sleekfingers:

What a ridiculous post

Na fact I Dey tell you no cappings
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by 4richminds(m): 12:53am On May 23, 2022
Pray and do street with compound survey before relocating
MrDevice:
My rented apartment was burgled last week and this happens to be the first ever since the house was built.

My flat not the first, but they ignored others and start with mine, and they gone away with valuables worth million before they burgled other occupants of the house and left with some valubles too.

So I'm currently planning to move to another safer place. The owner of the house said I should provide new Tennant that he will refund some part of my money.

The agent who's bringing them already knows why I want to leave but he's telling, I'm moving out because or work transfer.

My concern now is that, i don't know the security situation of where I'm going because agents lies too much. Could it be it's going be from frying pan to fire for me. Should I stay back to put our street security in order, or I should move out?
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Nikkganc08(m): 1:30am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:
My rented apartment was burgled last week and this happens to be the first ever since the house was built.

My flat not the first, but they ignored others and start with mine, and they gone away with valuables worth million before they burgled other occupants of the house and left with some valubles too.

So I'm currently planning to move to another safer place. The owner of the house said I should provide new Tennant that he will refund some part of my money.

The agent who's bringing them already knows why I want to leave but he's telling, I'm moving out because or work transfer.

My concern now is that, i don't know the security situation of where I'm going because agents lies too much. Could it be it's going be from frying pan to fire for me. Should I stay back to put our street security in order, or I should move out?

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU RELOCATE.

there's no way a thief would come to ur house and steal goods worth millions and u won't expect them to come back again for more.

Even if those ones don't come , their friends will come.

Had it been they got stuffs worth less than 10k , I'd have adviced u to remain there and don't relocate.

But hey...

Those guys MUST surely return for more.

Its just a matter of time.

Maybe , 1 or 2 months. But it won't exceed this year

3 Likes

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by OmoOshodi(m): 1:34am On May 23, 2022
H

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by 1stGenAmerican(f): 1:45am On May 23, 2022
The agent will lie to the new tenant about your reason for leaving so why won’t he lie to you about the reason the old tenant in the new place left?

4 Likes

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by juman(m): 2:12am On May 23, 2022
OmoOshodi:
If you need a charm to prevent armed robbers from visiting your house/office/store....contact me...na shikini money
Prevention is better than cure
Even if they rob the whole building...your apartment will be spared.
The one for car is also available.....don't waste money on car trackers that can fail you..... : grin

My mind also went to this charm thing.
If he get real one o.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by juman(m): 2:16am On May 23, 2022
Oh oh, armed robbers attack.
I remember in 1992 armed robbers attacked our house.
It was terrible.

Now nigeria has incorporated kidnapping, bandits etc to the situation.
I will rather live in togo, senegal or benin republic.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Chris2863(m): 2:56am On May 23, 2022
successmatters:

Are you saying the northerners might be responsible for the crime?
it seems your IQ level is below 3% sad shocked
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by LOVEGINO(m): 3:22am On May 23, 2022
Reality3080:
see useless reasoning

Someone is telling d op to ask from people who know the area very well due to their years of experience in d area n all u could come up with us that they might b responsible for d crime

Your brain is filled with omo

I know d next thing u will do now is to reply me with your alternate account bkayy
very useless
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by emerged01(m): 3:26am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

I will advice you to consider living in Estate that have entrance and exit security. Security is better living in an estate.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by cardoctor(m): 3:50am On May 23, 2022
luwiizy:
Next time before relocating, try to make friends with the sellers around like aboki, in the neighborhood. Whenever you visit.

They know more than you can ever imagine

Very bad idea.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by akudinaobi(m): 3:56am On May 23, 2022
Move to populated area that has good security ask questions
Densely populated areas with bushes has low surveillance and is highly exposes for burgers expecially during working ours or late nights when no one is around quote author=MrDevice post=113057060]My rented apartment was burgled last week and this happens to be the first ever since the house was built.

My concern now is that, i don't know the security situation of where I'm going because agents lies too much. Could it be it's going be from frying pan to fire for me. Should I stay back to put our street security in order, or I should move out?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by happney65: 4:01am On May 23, 2022
It rains everywhere. If you go collect another apartment and the same thing happens nko? Even areas that have water tight security still experiences robbery. No area is water proof when it comes to that. Even them rob Aso rock sef..

Except if such happens every now and then in that area,you might decide to leave. But if it's a one off thing,just increase your own personal security

Na make we dey hope something of such no happen to us.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Rondigee: 4:50am On May 23, 2022
Where do you live and where are you planning to go to, so that you can be properly adviced
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by ikorodureporta: 4:51am On May 23, 2022
Any house can be burgled..as long as you are not around.. how are you sure it wasn't your neighbours, because na who know yr movement fit burgled you like that,
Make sure someone is always around if you can..

For here na by faith we dey live, always expecting something...atimes just to go 2hrs church, burglers don strike.
I'm just thinking of making a video of everything in my house so that I will have enough evidence to report
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Gominami(f): 5:00am On May 23, 2022
For your USA, German and Canada work visa with 100% assurance, call 09164595441 for your visa processing and permit details. Talk to us at Zeemah travels and tours.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by azpekuliar: 5:05am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

Sorry for your ordeal. However, you did not mention the part of Nigeria and neighborhood that this happened.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Nobody: 5:07am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

Why do you want to lie to someone just because of money? If you can afford a new apartment, forfeit the money or don't involve yourself with the agent and his lies.

This happened to me in 2015, my expensive laptop and ring was stolen, it was a bungalow house. We packed out two weeks after the incident even tho we recently paid the rent.

We refused to put someone there cus we knew the armed robbers would come again and they did. For your safety, go to a storey building house, live in the first or second floor, thieves are no more smiling.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Nobody: 5:12am On May 23, 2022
successmatters:

Yea, the aboki (Muslim) that was a gate man in the next compound jumped into ours, stole car battery and entered a flat downstairs to steal a school bag he thought laptop was inside. Well the compound he lived asked for a Christian gate man after two months and the stealing stopped.

Most times they do that for you to employ their brothers and you know being a cobbler no dey pay again.

4 Likes

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Nobody: 5:14am On May 23, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

Yes na

Here in Abuja, all petty theft and stabbings are carried out by people called babanbola. They re all northerners. They stab people at will and steal at will these days

What you said is the truth
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Nobody: 5:15am On May 23, 2022
Coldie:
Hi area is safe. If they robbed u, chances are they won’t come back anytime soon as they know they have taken what u have. Make a deal with the landlord to upgrade the locks of the place, maybe put protectors

Hmmm, who told you they won't come back? They don't come back when they couldn't get any value thing. They will definitely come back and maybe with a vehicle to pack your load. I have experienced that.
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Nobody: 5:18am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

that's how my apartment was burgled 20 December 2021...I'm still living there till now
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Hassanmaye(m): 5:36am On May 23, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Dear op,

Nowhere is safe right now......plus once you have been burgled the probability of being burgled again is meant to be less theoretically and statistically?

I've experienced the same and trust me when I say 'it no fit happen again' - come see my equipment's, gadgets, holy books, devices, charms, poisons, and weapons acquired since then!

But anyway, ....although theoretically Nigeria is unpredictable so the above may not apply I recommend you sit tight for now - or lass last relocate to another flat within the building and invest in a 'better' loud dog to begin with then some other useful 'stuff'
ml haha
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by opribo(m): 5:46am On May 23, 2022
Where is safe in Nigeria? Unless you are thinking of going abroad, my advice is go to a populataed neighborhood where everyone looks out for another. That does not shield you from terror on the road.

In short just take it anyhow its either or the other. It is terrible my brother.

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by mu2sa2: 5:47am On May 23, 2022
UncleKoboko:

Of course
Who else can compete when it comes to PROSTITUTION, DRUGS AND ROBBERY?
And beheading fellow kinsmen!

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Forgodsgrace: 5:49am On May 23, 2022
successmatters:

In the security field ,they call them Intel.That’s why it’s always good to be nice to those set of people(drivers,house help,cleaners),they always use them as spy when trying to get info of a particular target
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Igwe290: 5:53am On May 23, 2022
The best way to check out any area you are moving in to is by self survey.
Let the agent go and show you the new place, on your own go back to the area look for any close business premisses ( recharge card sellers, provision shop) buy something from them after a while engage them in a conversation and ask how is the place, when it comes to electricity, flood, then security.
Come back and thank me later.��
MrDevice:

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Zetty177x: 5:59am On May 23, 2022
Reality3080:
see useless reasoning

Someone is telling d op to ask from people who know the area very well due to their years of experience in d area n all u could come up with us that they might b responsible for d crime

Your brain is filled with omo

I know d next thing u will do now is to reply me with your alternate account bkayy
Some abokis always steal. They are into petty stealing. Where I ve stayed in for three years now, no stealing at all. U can even leave ur doors unlocked. Two days ago, two abokis came to work, same night, two heavy generators were stolen and lifted over the fence. But those guys be suffer head o. Imagine carrying 2 heavy generators over d fence

1 Like

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by pocohantas(f): 6:37am On May 23, 2022
greggng:

God bless you for this question ...sure they robbed only my house . I hired opc member to guard my house despite paying for security...the reason why I hired opc was that i was building a house next street from where I live. I just wanted to he safe untill my house is ready.

If you see what this thief did to the opc guy I hired, you will thank me for running away . When they were asking me to open my door ,I refused and start calling police and my opc security ..they police answered and promised to come but they didn't show up untill this guy left . It was the police that untied my opc security. When I realised that even opc can't save me , I ran for my life . However , when I.left ,I started hearing news about how they were going from house to house . I also heard they guys are from lagos state University part time school ..at okooba ..but this is uncomfirn ...cos I was wondering how a university student should now turn to armed robber on the night . It was terrible ....

They do actually. Especially those ones into cultism and all sorts of vices. As a working class person, it is not advisable to live close to any (public) university or their off-campus lodges. Just leave that area for them.

Your experience is scary though. Imagine hiring a special OPC member for yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by SeriouslySense(m): 6:52am On May 23, 2022
Its better you left, since they would keep coming, and they definitely had an informant, who must have told them about you, since they focused only on you. Also building your house, must have generated interest in your wealth.

Thank you.

greggng:

God bless you for this question ...sure they robbed only my house . I hired opc member to guard my house despite paying for security...the reason why I hired opc was that i was building a house next street from where I live. I just wanted to he safe untill my house is ready.

If you see what this thief did to the opc guy I hired, you will thank me for running away . When they were asking me to open my door ,I refused and start calling police and my opc security ..they police answered and promised to come but they didn't show up untill this guy left . It was the police that untied my opc security. When I realised that even opc can't save me , I ran for my life . However , when I.left ,I started hearing news about how they were going from house to house . I also heard they guys are from lagos state University part time school ..at okooba ..but this is uncomfirn ...cos I was wondering how a university student should now turn to armed robber on the night . It was terrible ....
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by nokspos: 6:53am On May 23, 2022
armed robbers also do due diligence, they believe if a particular house has been rubbed before, there will be less valuables around and the occupants will be wiser and more defensive, be rest assured that no rubbers will attack that house in 10 to 15 years from now, no where is save in nigeria we only live by the grace of God. Stay put , but be more defensive, keep your valuables in a hiding places or banks, you can also do burglary insurance , its cheap and gives you rest of mind... insurance companies pays we just don't take these things serious in this country.
[quote author=MrDevice post=113057060][/quote]
Re: Planning Relocation Because Of Armed Robbers by Oceanjagaban: 6:57am On May 23, 2022
MrDevice:

You are still a child,go to your parents house

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / What Is The Worst Experience You've Ever Had With A Bad Room-Mate? / 'Drop Refuse And Die' Signpost In Nekede (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.