Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos (43999 Views)

Which Should I Go For, Ayobo Or Kola Alagbado / FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE / Warehouse Plot of Land for sale Along Zuba - Gwagwalada, Abuja Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Testimony1988(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2022
Go for the latter.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by maureensylvia(f): 6:45am On May 23, 2022
josiah27:
Person wey dey use itel phone dey build store grin?

Rest!!!
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Chinnems(m): 7:20am On May 23, 2022
Go for the steel-frame type

Besides being more cost-effective and structurally durable,

Steel frames allow you expand, reduce, entirely transform your warehouse whenever the need arises,

This flexibility will come in handy in the future,

As an architect with over 3 years of on-site experience, I'm willing to provide further clarification to enable you establish the perfect steel frame structure your business needs,
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by akaahs(m): 7:21am On May 23, 2022
The purpose of the warehouse?
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by alizma: 7:24am On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:
Expert in the house, please advise on whether to go for steel based warehouse or concrete one in terms of cost and durability?

Thanks
You should state what you intend to keep in the wearhouse and possibly your location
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Alolaf(m): 7:36am On May 23, 2022
If the land is Yours, go for concrete and block wall. But if the land is on rent, Steel Stanchions and portal frame is suitable because you can dismantle and relocate when needed.
On cost aspect, the concrete and block maybe cheaper than the stanchions. But if you are choosing for Block and concrete, consider the Height (Ensure you put Beams at appropriate heights) and columns (at appropriate intervals). Please go for a good design and don't compromise during construction.
Best of luck.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by VirileNelly2420: 7:56am On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:
Expert in the house, please advise on whether to go for steel based warehouse or concrete one in terms of cost and durability?

Thanks
Some capital projects do make use of steel based structures..., But I think it has to do with durability. It's likely more costly.(am not too sure).
Also, I think steel base is more of makeshift project. I mean, u can dismantle it wen need be and still get some values, cos d steel will still be intact.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by VirileNelly2420: 8:06am On May 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Go for concrete I see it protecting your goods this rainy season.

This I have seen.
How please?

Or, do u think the steel based will be left open? It will still lay blocks around it naa, also d roofing.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by doncollino: 8:15am On May 23, 2022
Use 2, who builds warehouse with concrete anyway. Go for steel, when u no longer need it you dismantle and sell the steel. Steel is easier to erect, can be modified easily and has less weight incase you are building in area with poor soil. For your steel design and drawing you can hola on 09043790149 or mail unanka11@gmail.com
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by McBaron2(m): 8:50am On May 23, 2022
It all depends on what you intend doing and your capacity.

Steel is always better in terms of durability and and pulling down for expansion or change of plan but have high cost implications during construction.

Concrete on the other hand has its own aesthetics with less cost implications compare to steel. Meanwhile, concrete construction involved alot of waste of capital on change of plan.

In summary, if you have sufficient funds, I'll advise you go for steel.

Contact info.
Engr. Godwin.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Oesophagus99(m): 8:53am On May 23, 2022
�Tek a few puffs of d marwana hemp plant 'en think
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by peculiar2021(m): 9:22am On May 23, 2022
Aforxzy:
Steel warehouse is a better option.

In terms of weight it's lighter than concrete of the same height.

It can be dismantled and reused.

It's easier to construct unlike the reinforced concrete option that involves formwork, reinforcements and casting.

Surely, you must be an engineering

It can span a longer distance without the need for internal support or columns.

However, it is more expensive than the concrete warehouse.

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by NoToPile: 9:38am On May 23, 2022
maureensylvia:

Rest!!!

Leave him let him be doing Chochocho there, so it's the type of phone that determines networth abi, just because he's using one 200k phone now the only thing he can contribute on a thread where someone asking advice on a project that will run to millions of naira is noticing the brand of phone he is using.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by folake4u(f): 9:40am On May 23, 2022
josiah27:
Person wey dey use itel phone dey build store grin?

Are you judging someone by the type of phone they use?
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Tywright: 9:40am On May 23, 2022
Steel is d best materials for warehousing , reasons are cost and time of construction is lesser, durability , longitivity, steel structures have high tensile strength than RCC, it move effective and withstand any weather conditions. DM MZC let's give u the best steel construction work 08051922049
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Josipov: 10:19am On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks

Go for the steel Sir.
Although more expensive.
If you go for the concrete, in the future when you're considering expansion or renovation, you will have to destroy a lot of items in the concrete structure, because they are fixed and not movable.
But the steel structure, unlike the concrete structure will only be disassembled, because the members of the structure are joined together by bolts,nuts and welding, and can be erected again to a new position.

I can WhatsApp me for your steel construction project
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by dukeaugustus(m): 1:58pm On May 23, 2022
If you have the fund, go for steel warehouse. Though it might be expensive now, but it last longer than the former, and it requires less maintenance.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by doshiyad1: 2:08pm On May 23, 2022
Aforxzy:
Steel warehouse is a better option.

In terms of weight it's lighter than concrete of the same height.

It can be dismantled and reused.

It's easier to construct unlike the reinforced concrete option that involves formwork, reinforcements and casting.

It can span a longer distance without the need for internal support or columns.

However, it is more expensive than the concrete warehouse.

Correct analysis. You said it all

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Yusufisraelj(m): 5:56pm On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks

As someone who does a lot of steel designs.

I'll suggest the following provided:

1. Your area stuffers high wind velocity seasonally.

2. You want durability for a very long time - it may cost a bit more though, but it's always worth it on the long run.

3. Are there existing structures on the land? And are they sensitive? E.g Generating substation.

4. You can do a combination of both, which is the normal practice globally by standards. You would have steel columns at minimum 5.5meter to 6.5meter spacing then concrete is built to fill in that space, just as the diagram below indicates, those spaces are filled with concrete blocks. The leverage this brings is sound durability overtime.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Shimran(m): 9:25pm On May 24, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks

I have opted for steel earlier. I have to go further to see that I'm on track. I have to because I'm a civil engineering graduate grin

You can hear from expert below:
https://www.quora.com/For-building-a-warehouse-which-structure-is-cheaper-steel-structure-or-concrete-structure
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by princeakino(m): 8:03am On May 26, 2022
Buharifan:
I want to use it for groundnut oil mill

Then go for steel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja / Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) / THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.