Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,211 members, 7,811,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos (43986 Views)

Which Should I Go For, Ayobo Or Kola Alagbado / FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE / Warehouse Plot of Land for sale Along Zuba - Gwagwalada, Abuja Highway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Buharifan: 10:39pm On May 22, 2022
yusluvad:
Both. But choosing either of the two depends on what you really intend using it for...
I want to use it for groundnut oil mill
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Tyche(m): 10:41pm On May 22, 2022
Beam type is the ideal warehouse and should be chosen if money isn't the problem. They are far more costly than the cement type
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by clothingonline(m): 10:46pm On May 22, 2022
Tell us what u keep in it
For me its concrete because i store clothing
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Etranshub(m): 10:47pm On May 22, 2022
Buharifan:
Expert in the house, please advise on whether to go for steel based warehouse or concrete one in terms of cost and durability?

Thanks
steel anytime anyday... Durable and long lasting and stands the test of any weather

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by sp2002(m): 10:50pm On May 22, 2022
11 acres plus uncompleted warehouse sitting on a 11cres of land is available for sale on the lagos/ibadan exp. Way is available for sale. Price - N300m + C.of.O
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by marlboro007(m): 10:52pm On May 22, 2022
Steel is so durable and can be easily moved in bits if the need arises to relocate or in the event of expanding the warehouse in size with minimal or zero damage while dismantling, kindly reach us on 08039535833 (whatsapp) for scheduling on site inspection, @ bright steel engineering company we deliver without hassles.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Acidbath: 10:53pm On May 22, 2022
Buharifan:
Expert in the house, please advise on whether to go for steel based warehouse or concrete one in terms of cost and durability?

Thanks

Though more expensive, steel is better especially if you want to store edibles.

Concrete has a way of absorbing moisture that damages your goods with mold.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by SarkinYarki: 10:59pm On May 22, 2022
setobaba:
What’s your budget and what you keeping in there ?

Great question
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by colestephan86: 11:01pm On May 22, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks
Steel is more reliable, and safe.
I am a steel construction engineer , you are very limited in terms of size with block warehouse
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Bawme(m): 11:02pm On May 22, 2022
As a Materials And Metallurgical Engineer, in terms of Cost, I will advice you go for Steel Based Warehouse while in terms of Durability, I will advice you go for Concrete.

Know That Strength is synonymous to durability.

Concrete is a combination of steel, sand, stone/gravel, cement and water which makes it a COMPOSITE MATERIAL which in engineering is the strongest material.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Grandkay21(m): 11:08pm On May 22, 2022
concrete warehouse is better ,
1: It is cheaper compare to steel , the cost of steel is higher.
2. Steel warehouse requires high technician to plan the structure against wind ,to avoid collapsing under heavy rain storm .I have seen millions lost in this kind of project

But if you have the resources available , Steel warehouse when planed well and build strong with solid structural design is the best
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:11pm On May 22, 2022
Even if you go with the concrete, the roof trusses would still be steel so you're going to use both.

And if you decide to use the steel, how about the walls too?
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by moneyissweet(m): 11:20pm On May 22, 2022
You are a mumu man

I build a house of N23 million in 2013 without having an Android phone.

In case you don't know, everyone has their priorities.

josiah27:
Person wey dey use itel phone dey build store grin?

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Aroninuola: 11:31pm On May 22, 2022
I am a steel fabricator and erector and civil expert. Steel preferably.

These are the steps;

Digging and casting of the base for stanchions,
Steel work erection,
Foundation follows,
Block work,
Hard-core and flooring
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Bahamas95(m): 11:33pm On May 22, 2022
josiah27:
So you think everybody is a phone freak?

The phone you use has nothing to do with your account balance. Besides nor be every wealthy person fit operate smart phone.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Aroninuola: 11:39pm On May 22, 2022
Reach me on 07066396178
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Ajilenu: 11:49pm On May 22, 2022
I think you should speak with civil engineers about this. Most if the comment here are just from personal opinion.

By the way get the best ever Bitcoin and USDT rate on Yellow card wallet
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by doctorgold(m): 11:50pm On May 22, 2022
What is the size of the warehouse you intend to build?
I.e the length and width.
That would inform the proper advice.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by gasparpisciotta: 12:17am On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks

Cost will influence your decision, however.....

Steel structures are usually used in warehouses that might require lifting equipment such as warehouse cranes and hydraulic lifts.
Common with warehouses meant for assembly plants, fabrication heavy duty maintenance works.

If your warehouse is just for storage and perhaps minor equipments like grinders, conveyors etc...will be used then a concrete warehouse is okay.

For a bonded terminal use steel structure
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Sleekfingers: 12:23am On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks

Depends on what you wanna store there
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Dest8sman: 12:29am On May 23, 2022
He wan open shosh

Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Sleekfingers: 12:34am On May 23, 2022
uptownemmygee:
Go for concrete because it's cheap

Durability Nko? Naso some people dey go buy ababa made footwear, because it is cheap, when they can afford to buy a good quality footwear. But it is a little bit on the high side.
The day he d rock the aba made shoe for raining season, looking fly, naso the sole of his shoes remove for road.
It is better to buy a quality product, if you can afford it. Instead of buying the cheap ones, because you will end up spending double.....
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by 4richminds(m): 12:56am On May 23, 2022
For security reasons, go for steel.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by money121(m): 1:17am On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks
Sir let handle the Roofing
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by EkoErrands: 1:36am On May 23, 2022
Buharifan:

Thanks

There is no such thing as a concrete warehouse, or the first picture you depicted there. No sound structural Engineer will design such a warehouse entirely of concrete and blocks because those concrete columns will have very low ultimate share stress at that height and will fail immediately the steel roof girders come on them.

Concrete columns are designed mainly to carry axial loads and not lateral loads, whereas steel columns can carry both axial loads and lateral load if it does exist in the setup because steel has a high ultimate share stress. The steel roof girders will exert enormous lateral load on the supporting columns because of their slope.

A warehouse is usually designed with steel columns and steel roof girders and block is used for the walls. You hardly see any warehouse built entirely of any one of these materials.

I hope I made some sence from this my 2008 mechanical engineering brain sha
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by iamfactor(m): 2:25am On May 23, 2022
josiah27:

LOL
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by juman(m): 3:59am On May 23, 2022
Learning.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by juman(m): 4:03am On May 23, 2022
Op with the name buharifan.
Hmmmmm
Maybe he is one of those looting the country dry.
Sharing from the stealing of billions of naira.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by ebenope(m): 4:39am On May 23, 2022
Hi bro. As an architect that I be, it all depends on what you want to store therein, and the availability of space, if the space is not that big, I will implore you to use concrete but if its large you can use steel. Or you can buzz me on zero eight zero 6 seven 1 five 22 44.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by Gominami(f): 5:01am On May 23, 2022
For your USA, German and Canada work visa with 100% assurance, call 09164595441 for your visa processing and permit details. Talk to us at Zeemah travels and tours.
Re: Which Of These Warehouse Types Should I Go For? Photos by safetyInspector(m): 6:12am On May 23, 2022
It depends on the size of the warehouse you want to build. If you intend to use equipment such as forklift, scissor lift, pickup truck etc insude the building steel will be the best option because of truss span but you may still have to use block for the wall unless you have a plan for sandwich panel. Single sheet for fall may not be easily broken and also raise the internal temperature.

Steel remains the best option for large warehouse because even if you go for concrete you may still need to use still for the columns and roofing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

THE NEW FACE OF FLOURISH RESIDENCE 2 BY SHOPRITE, BEAUTIFUL! JUST BUY AND BUILD! / Inside Abuja’s Newest ‘container’ Office Structure (photo) / Understanding The Meaning Of Plots, Acres & Hectares In Figures Check In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.