Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage (1830 Views)

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Lonelyhrt1(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2022
Advise is needed as regards to traveling to Eastern part of Nigeria for a marriage ceremony. I will try to make this as short as possible. My brother is getting married to an Ibo girl from Imo state but due to the insecurity in the eastern part of the country, a lot of our friends are saying they’re not coming due to the insecurity.
My question is, is it safe to travel to Imo state for marriage especially for people who don’t speak or understand the Ibo language.
Note: The girl have a family in the state where our brother lives and friends are suggesting the marriage should be done in the state but my brother and the girl are saying she’s a first daughter and the marriage can’t be done at her aunts house outside Imo state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Malory: 1:24pm On May 22, 2022
Imo state is peaceful. Forget all these scary news you read on nairaland and other media outlets.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Golan007: 1:25pm On May 22, 2022
Wear a metal neck brace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Lonelyhrt1(m): 1:34pm On May 22, 2022
More comments pls
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Preciousppearl(f): 1:58pm On May 22, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:
Advise is needed as regards to traveling to Eastern part of Nigeria for a marriage ceremony. I will try to make this as short as possible. My brother is getting married to an Ibo girl from Imo state but due to the insecurity in the eastern part of the country, a lot of our friends are saying they’re not coming due to the insecurity.
My question is, is it safe to travel to Imo state for marriage especially for people who don’t speak or understand the Ibo language.
Note: The girl have a family in the state where our brother lives and friends are suggesting the marriage should be done in the state but my brother and the girl are saying she’s a first daughter and the marriage can’t be done at her aunts house outside Imo state.

Below is a screenshot from someone that went there for burial and he’s from the state.
I am a first daughter from imo too,my nuclear family was able to dialogue with those in the village .they had to send representatives from the village to my base for the wedding. Everything was provided for them and the thing they had to return with for those in the village.. it all depends on the girl and her family.

6 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Creamypie(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2022
East is a no go area pls.except the major towns on d express, like Onitsha, or owerri city itself, but those off towns in IMO state, I mean towns off the main Onitsha/owerri road, off owerri /p.h road, abeg u, send greetings and gift to the celebrants to avoid wahalla. Once there any celebration about to come, people around, both good and bad, are always aware and they know within days to the celebration, foreigners will be coming in. Thank you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Golan007: 3:57pm On May 22, 2022
Have you considered investing in life insurance?

Try NICON, God's chosen or juju.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Lonelyhrt1(m): 4:04pm On May 22, 2022
Creamypie:
East is a no go area pls.except the major towns on d express, like Onitsha, or owerri city itself, but those off towns in IMO state, I mean towns off the main Onitsha/owerri road, off owerri /p.h road, abeg u, send greetings and gift to the celebrants to avoid wahalla. Once there any celebration about to come, people around, both good and bad, are always aware and they know within days to the celebration, foreigners will be coming in. Thank you
Thanks so much, I appreciate this

1 Like

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Jamesbally: 4:22pm On May 22, 2022
If you are going to the EAST, just write down your Will. The probability of coming back in one peace is slim. I saw things live, with my Korokoro eyes. I was working in Aba, but I had to work my transfer out of that Region.

IPOB major targets are those coming to East for burial and marriages. They also kill their fellow Igbo. One thing you must know is that, the killings in the East are under reported. You only get to hear about a killing, if the victim is a big man. Normal people are killed daily and you will never know.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Jamesbally: 4:33pm On May 22, 2022
Malory:
Imo state is peaceful. Forget all these scary news you read on nairaland and other media outlets.

This one na Lagos IGBO grin grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by ogbuefi677(m): 7:23pm On May 22, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:

Below is a screenshot from someone that went there for burial and he’s from the state.
Your brother no de go marry anything.
You are just a member of the Monsurudeen crew under d leadership of comrade omenka who has been commissioned to write nonsense about Igbos on social media

3 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Musty112: 7:32pm On May 22, 2022
No one is deceiving himself like someone who cultivates 50 heaps of yam and goes around claiming he has cultivated 5000. When he finishes eating the 50 heaps, he'll eat the remaining lies. Keep denying that anything is happening over there and keep goading those that are killing with reckless abandon. Body go tell una

3 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by ismhab(m): 7:33pm On May 22, 2022
Never go to AfganiEastern, but you just wanna die like fowl or want to be beheaded, i advice you to go.

AfgaEast, is a no go area for now, they are terrorist and ready to kill or commit suicide on innocent citizens.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Lonelyhrt1(m): 8:19pm On May 22, 2022
ogbuefi677:

Your brother no de go marry anything.
You are just a member of the Monsurudeen crew under d leadership of comrade omenka who has been commissioned to write nonsense about Igbos on social media

Who’s this digbat, please face front because I don’t deal with nitwit.
Just in case you don’t know, I’m from Ughelli North Local Government area of delta and I stay in Oredo Local Government area of Edo state. Now, get the F out of my tread.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Creamypie(m): 8:28pm On May 22, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:

Just in case you don’t know, I’m from Ughelli North Local Government area of delta and I stay in Oredo Local Government area of Edo state. Now, get the F out of my tread.
oniovo meh, wadoh . mewe orhomuru, Orogun..my sister welcome. Am from orhomuru in orogun
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Lonelyhrt1(m): 8:47pm On May 22, 2022
Creamypie:
oniovo meh, wadoh . mewe orhomuru, Orogun..my sister welcome. Am from orhomuru in orogun
Oniovo oyoyowvi, I’m also from Orogun. Ovara umursu and Imojie Orogun cheesy grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Trumann: 9:19pm On May 22, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:

Remember what UGM they did to that couple going to get married? Beheaded them and killed their relatives too.
If your lives are worthless and mean nothing to you, you can embark on that trip

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Lonelyhrt1(m): 10:26pm On May 22, 2022
Trumann:

Remember what UGM they did to that couple going to get married? Beheaded them and killed their relatives too.
If your lives are worthless and mean nothing to you, you can embark on that trip
Omo, thanks for this Chief

2 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Nobody: 4:40am On May 23, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:

Omo, thanks for this Chief

All marriage ceremony in the east suspended as of now until our
'Dilector" is released!

2 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Cj4charles(m): 7:08am On May 23, 2022
Oga forget all these nairaland, i reside and go about my business here in Imo state.. Imo state is peaceful for any occasions

3 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by jesmond3945: 7:33am On May 23, 2022
Frontpage seun lalasticlala
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Kojiek: 8:18am On May 23, 2022
Imo is peaceful. But you guys should not fix the date on a sit-at-home day that's all.
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Richy4(m): 8:49am On May 23, 2022
Jamesbally:
If you are going to the EAST, just write down your Will. The probability of coming back in one peace is slim. I saw things live, with my Korokoro eyes. I was working in Aba, but I had to work my transfer out of that Region.

IPOB major targets are those coming to East for burial and marriages. They also kill their fellow Igbo. One thing you must know is that, the killings in the East are under reported. You only get to hear about a killing, if the victim is a big man. Normal people are killed daily and you will never know.

Yea.. Everyone in the Eastern part of Nigeria are all dead...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by tayo60(f): 9:37am On May 23, 2022
U wan go do wedding for East that's presently bleeding.
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Lonelyhrt1(m): 10:42am On May 23, 2022
tayo60:
U wan go do wedding for East that's presently bleeding.
That’s why I made the post to learn one or two and also show comments to my bro.
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Nobody: 11:29am On May 23, 2022
Jamesbally:

grin

Don't you think this is shameful condescending this low for mere nairaland likes and shares?

I thought all the "tribal cruise" we do on nairaland ends here. But it seems some people like you take it to heart, sleep with eat, and allow it becloud your sense of reasoning and judgement shocked

You that have never left Ogbomosho in your life is talking about Aba. This your hatred from the Eastside is really deep and may be contagious. I don't really care about you but I'm scare you may pass it on to your children and other relatives that comes near you.

You need to wake up and sieve all hatred from your heart before it totally consumes you

embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by CrazyMan(m): 12:05pm On May 23, 2022
I won't lie to you, the South East isn't safe for now, even though I strongly believe that this insecurity is highly political and will fade away, that doesn't mean he should gamble his life.

By road, there's no public transportation company that would move from Lagos to imo state without passing through Anambra. And Anambra currently isn't safe. Oraifite which is a major route towards the boundary between Anambra and Imo has in the last 3 weeks experienced more than 3 murders by unknown gun men. So how else do you intend to get to owerri?

If he's buoyant enough to afford flight then that should be his best option. He can take Air Peace to PH, then from there, chatter RTC (Rivers Transportation Company) sienna to imo state, but it's going to cost him much especially if he wants a couple of friends to follow him cos he must book return ticket for them as well.

What I'll suggest he does is to convince his girl and her people that they should do it in Lagos. When security improves in the south east he can go there with his wife and meet her people, probably throw a small indoor party in her village.

4 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Munzy14(m): 2:10pm On May 23, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:

Very safe to...

Forget the lies on the media...

Just avoid travelling on Mondays...Or anyday set side for MNK court hearing..

Other days are purely safe...Imo is calm and no issues here.

Lastly, travel with registered transport company.

2 Likes

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Legendforte: 3:02pm On May 23, 2022
Cj4charles:
Oga forget all these nairaland, i reside and go about my business here in Imo state.. Imo state is peaceful for any occasions
Have you lived in Uturu before
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Cj4charles(m): 3:11pm On May 23, 2022
Legendforte:

Have you lived in Uturu before
no, but i am right here in Imo State.. and i'm very happy living here

1 Like

Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by Cj4charles(m): 3:14pm On May 23, 2022
Munzy14:

Very safe to...

Forget the lies on the media...

Just avoid travelling on Mondays...Or anyday set side for MNK court hearing..

Other days are purely safe...Imo is calm and no issues here.

Lastly, travel with registered transport company.
don't mind those spilling trash... they don't live in Imo but will tell you everything happening there
Re: What Is It like Traveling To The Eastern (imo State) Nigeria For Marriage by WhizdomXX(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2022
Lonelyhrt1:

Don't mind the mumu my guy.
Imo state generally boils on days associated with MNK. So be very careful.
Bringing you greetings and raworé from Otoro-Orogun, Delta State.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Possible For A First Class University Graduate To Become A Keke Rider? / Cleric Impregnates Clients Wife / Nairalanders Whats D Meaning Of 'kappish'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.