Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out (34284 Views)

FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT / Umahi: South East Loses ₦10 Billion Every Sit-At-Home Day / OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by MumuAFONJA: 5:39pm On May 22, 2022
dirty yaruba smelly skull mining news
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Galaxyowerri(m): 5:43pm On May 22, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Peter Obi? Joker, he would have been better of @ Apga.

You're too petty and tribalistic to reason rationally. Peter Obi will easily win block votes in SE, SS, Lagos and Abuja. The elite and business class who are influential will also count for him. Without a Yoruba man as APC flag bearer, Obi will also win SW. Then depending who he would be contesting against in APC, if it's not a Northerner, then who they use as vice president will count for Northern votes.

I have enlightened you!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Trumann: 5:45pm On May 22, 2022
Galaxyowerri:

You're too petty and tribalistic to reason rationally. Peter Obi will easily win block votes in SE, SS, Lagos and Abuja. The elite and business class who are influential will also count for him. Without a Yoruba man as APC flag bearer, Obi will also win SW. Then depending who he would be contesting against in APC, if it's not a Northerner, then who they use as vice president will count for Northern votes.

I have enlightened you!

You think politics is petty trading?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by objobj: 5:49pm On May 22, 2022
wpadmin:
Igbos only offence was that they organised the first coup in Nigeria and it was mostly Northern leaders/top ranking army chiefs that got killed.

Since then, the North went back to restrategise.

They divided the states in the East and formed new states. They took parts of the Igbo speaking states and merged it with other states e.g Delta and Port-harcourt.

The North organised and made themselves have the highest number of legislators in the country. If there's need to vote for anything in the National assembly, the North has the highest numbers and they vote in tandem.

Like I always say, Northern leaders have plans for the next 100-200 years while southern leaders only have eyes on the next 4-8 years.

It is well.

When you slaughtered and make mockery of leaders that are revered to their people for no serious reasons aside perceived corruption, you have entered a long generational fight. My brother if you interact with youth of Northern extraction, whether Christian or Muslim, their hatred for igbo as a result of the killing of Ahmadu Bello and Tafawa Balewa, is a generation retaliation.

Igbo leaders needs to do simwthing about this.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nigerialabalaba: 5:50pm On May 22, 2022
emmykk:

This you mockery will also see Tinubu not succeeding there are more delegate in the north than in south west
Omo Ibo, u still dey make same silly mistake. U no fit grow in life if u dey always plan evil and show bitterness to other people. Dat is why una dey always fall in disgrace. Una only strategy na hatred and nada. shioor.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by edungene7: 5:52pm On May 22, 2022
obviously the marginalization of southeast is even documented but the truth be said the agitation for breakup would be more after 2023 and would spell more doom for Nigeria if a southeastern those not become president we now leave in modern times e go shock Una
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Agugbadin: 5:58pm On May 22, 2022
I don't think that the Igbos are foolish, they are selfish and self centered. If a South western or Northerner want to destroy a southerner they will use an Igbo man. Here what Kalu Orji is saying that Norteast is the solution to the South East presidential aspiration.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by jaxxy(m): 6:03pm On May 22, 2022
obembet:
Don't worry, North wil consider Peter Obi

I think Tinubu News as make FP than another other News

because igbos made tinubu news popular. lol
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by okorogodwin4(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2022
See how afonja zombies journalist will be writing rubbish thinking that politics is football betting
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Obamaofusa: 6:08pm On May 22, 2022
MumuAFONJA:

Another dirty,stinking,smelling yeebow cannibal spotted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by wellmax(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2022
I this elaborate report Peter Huntun Lie Oni is just mentioned passively. I just laugh at those who think that lying dude stood any chance.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by israel90: 6:12pm On May 22, 2022
Reality3080:
Igbos who are suppose to focus on promoting their candidate n selling them outside their region are busy attacking tinubu

Now their online crowd puller him tu lie doesn’t have any known ally anywhere,even the governors in south east aren’t s

Big wigs like kalu n co aren’t supporting him so what else

Gidgiddy
Princeoflagos
Kriss216

How will the Peter obi that d governors n big wigs aren’t supporting get votes from delegates even in south east not to even talk about outside south east
those ones castigating tinubu are the ones that still believe in one Nigeria,an average real Igbo man don’t believe in Nigeria again and can’t support even a candidate from his side.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Balogunodua(m): 6:19pm On May 22, 2022
Inconsequential 5%centers in the mud... grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Ndibuna: 6:21pm On May 22, 2022
Echoban:

Who?? Fayemi that is stepping down or the one that BAT will beat blue black in Ekiti or PYO who isn't sure if his Ogun.. rest bro.

BAT is old but the brain is still intact. Go and listen to his speech with state past and present speakers not those 1minute Jokes/mistake u feed urself with and confirm his talkings abt Succes stories, possibilities, capacity, resorced Men and co.
You cant be old and your brain will be intact, the brain is part of the body. The joke is one you.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Concience55: 6:24pm On May 22, 2022
adioolayi:
The delegates will be handpicked by State Governors...

They will be minimal and very easy to influence by money bags...

For PDP and APC....this electoral act eliminating statutory delegates have given enormous power on State Governors...

The Governors will determine who wins the primary...both in APC and PDP.

Also, with this development....Wike has a chance, if he gets the block votes from SouthWest going by the speeches of Gov Seyi Makinde and Fayose

Wike has a chance no doubt, but you would be gifting the President to the APC on a platter of gold if Wike manages to acquire the PDP ticket.

In all fairness, can he face Tinubu or Lawan for instance?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by sonnie10: 6:27pm On May 22, 2022
Hardly would an Igbo man become President in Nigeria. History would be rewritten someday, it might not be in this generation.

Thanks to the Op for this eye opener. Most people from the SE never saw things from this perspective.

It has already been decided even before the election.
The best an Igbo man should do is to go home and adopt other strategies for their self preservation.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by VIKTO83(m): 6:31pm On May 22, 2022
Makinde will disappoint Wike at d last minute I swear.
It will boil down between Atiku and Tambuwal but Atiku will win and pick Obi as running mate which will make Wike lose out and then turn agaibst the party and d party will scatter.
Again considering the recent development, APC will be more intriguing. Tinubu is well prepared for any method the party will adopt and like I said earlier, any arrangement that will make Tinubu to pipe down will worth over 15Trillion Naira.
He is a business man and his investments in his recent nationwide consultation will place anyone on his toes.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by klas(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2022
Okarakwu:
Why can't the national assembly veto it, that's how stupid this Lawan is .

Why blame Lawan and National assembly?

Are you not aware that the Nass called an emergency meeting and amended section 84(12) that barred the statutory delegates?

The bill is on the President's table but he hasn't signed it yet, so only elected delegates can vote for now. Even the president himself cannot vote at the primaries.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by einsteine(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2022
wpadmin:
Igbos only offence was that they organised the first coup in Nigeria and it was mostly Northern leaders/top ranking army chiefs that got killed.

They divided the states in the East and formed new states. They took parts of the Igbo speaking states and merged it with other states e.g Delta and Port-harcourt.

The North organised and made themselves have the highest number of legislators in the country. If there's need to vote for anything in the National assembly, the North has the highest numbers and they vote in tandem.

Like I always say, Northern leaders have plans for the next 100-200 years while southern leaders only have eyes on the next 4-8 years.

It is well.

Delta was never part of the east. So who told you they took part of the Igbo speaking region and added elsewhere? This is the lie IPOB has been spreading. At no point in the history of Nigeria was any village, land or hamlet in Delta state part of Eastern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 22, 2022
Viraltrends123:
My only problem with them is they are always showing hatred, and pain. They won't accept their fate is someone else's becomes president, theye forgotten we have up to 300 tribes in this country.

When Buhari was campaigning and won, they were wailing oooo, wishing him dead, calling him names, jubril El sudan, lifeless, Fulani cow, deaf, zoo keeper.

Tinubu now campaigning and doing his thing, you see them calling names, they don't know all this things strengthens the candidates, funny names make candidates popular. They are not even supporting their candidates, just hating others 24/7.

It's fortunate that everything in Nigeria is about the Igbos now. How many people from Igbo are contesting for the presidential post that they show be singled out?

For your mind now you have made a sensible come? However, you have shown you are no different from those you accuse of wrong.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Geneh411: 6:47pm On May 22, 2022
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

It's the delegates time yet a delicate time, interesting times ahead

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by professore(m): 6:48pm On May 22, 2022
Let's see how it goes.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by poiZon: 6:49pm On May 22, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
5% of 5% don become 0.25% be dat grin.

While dem dey chase Tinubu upandan with pestilence like rabid dogs and planning evil for APC, PDP troway those hateful Ibo under moving bus.shiorr
Is the electoral quagmire only affecting PDP?

How many presidential candidates are presently being sponsored by south west region?
At the last count e pass 6..
South south has more local govt than south west... Amaechi should easily take that or i see the weak contenders ceding their states to the available Northern candidate.
So u should be thinking more about tinubu and not peter obi
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by onuman: 6:52pm On May 22, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
5% of 5% don become 0.25% be dat grin.

While dem dey chase Tinubu upandan with pestilence like rabid dogs and planning evil for APC, PDP troway those hateful Ibo under moving bus.shiorr

Must you continue to share one country with people of the SE region? Parasite !!!

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 22, 2022
sogodihno:
The pathetic 5% will not come and cry here, the monkeys are fixated on Tinubu.

Useless 5% people, I will be ready to give you fools sniper when Tinubu clinch the ticket.
O boy, don't strangle yourself coz of hatred oh
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nigerialabalaba: 6:54pm On May 22, 2022
poiZon:

Is the electoral quagmire only affecting PDP?

How many presidential candidates are presently being sponsored by south west region?
At the last count e pass 6..
South south has more local govt than south west... Amaechi should easily take that or i see the weak contenders ceding their states to the available Northern candidate.
So u should be thinking more about tinubu and not peter obi
And dem tell u say Yoruboid groups no dey SS, shebi? You still tink say Edo go shi for Tinubu? undecidedWen I dey talk PDP, I no even get Obi for mind because I know say na VP e dey look for.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by erubati: 6:55pm On May 22, 2022
MumuAFONJA:
It's allowed to wail.wail,wail,ur tears are delicious

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by AFONJAPIG(m): 6:59pm On May 22, 2022
And after all these tell me why the Easterners will not embrace secession... go and mark it somewhere, election will not hold in East we are ready to die for restoration of Biafra
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by pricklewane: 6:59pm On May 22, 2022
Your wailing is just starting abi Tinubu no de pee for pant again.

wpadmin:

It is well.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by erubati: 7:01pm On May 22, 2022
Buhari has an anointed candidate.i laugh.so even buhari can't vote grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by VictorUSA(m): 7:05pm On May 22, 2022
Can you imagine?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by ikpumbe(m): 7:06pm On May 22, 2022
Viraltrends123:
My only problem with them is they are always showing hatred, and pain. They won't accept their fate is someone else's becomes president, theye forgotten we have up to 300 tribes in this country.

When Buhari was campaigning and won, they were wailing oooo, wishing him dead, calling him names, jubril El sudan, lifeless, Fulani cow, deaf, zoo keeper.

Tinubu now campaigning and doing his thing, you see them calling names, they don't know all this things strengthens the candidates, funny names make candidates popular. They are not even supporting their candidates, just hating others 24/7.

You are dumb. Your useless and divisive media outlets started the blackmail.

Then we matched your media with same energy, you are crying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I And Others Brought Buhari To Salvage Nigeria- Obasanjo / Full Ogun Governorship Election Results / 2023: Dokpesi Meets Lagos4Lagos APC Group In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.