Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out (34287 Views)

FG Loses Out, NASS Affirms States’ Power To Collect VAT / Umahi: South East Loses ₦10 Billion Every Sit-At-Home Day / OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Mandate2023: 9:19pm On May 22, 2022
Ndibuna:

Why are you happy over the pains of others, no wonder Africans are considered monkeys, Whites can never behave this way. Tufiakwa

Am so happy u ipigs r in pains grin na tinubu kuku be una trophy
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Ndibuna: 9:39pm On May 22, 2022
Mandate2023:

Am so happy u ipigs r in pains grin na tinubu kuku be una trophy
Lol when it is the opposite. You're in pain that's why u wrote that way
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Fezchima: 9:49pm On May 22, 2022
Is it different in APC? Secondly, if SE is 95 what is the number for other zones? You sound as if you are happy with the state of this nation.
aminulive:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Fezchima: 9:52pm On May 22, 2022
Assuming the calculations by OP is correct, 95 is more than 10% of 811
Nigerialabalaba:
5% of 5% don become 0.25% be dat grin.

While dem dey chase Tinubu upandan with pestilence like rabid dogs and planning evil for APC, PDP troway those hateful Ibo under moving bus.shiorr
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by warlordd(m): 9:52pm On May 22, 2022
Trillodillo:
Too bad for obi
Trillodillo:
Too bad for obi
Trillodillo:
Too bad for obi

Obi is a pretender. He's playing a game with Atiku. He's knows he stands zero chance of winning the presidency hence he is only interested in being picked as a Vp candidate by Atiku.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by jaggabban: 10:10pm On May 22, 2022
Ndibuna:

Even Yorubas know that Tinubu is frail and old. It has nothing to do with tribalism. Are there no Yorubas opposing him?
This one voice don dey go down, hahaha, pls keep abusing our dear President Tinubu, do not campaign for ur failed Obi Pandora. Ediots hating everybody
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by LordOfTheGame: 10:15pm On May 22, 2022
All things works for good... The whole drama will only help in facilitating the restoration of Biafra. Nigeria is dead and so are all the areas of it.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Ekpeitit(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2022
Losers grin grin grin
The people are always losing because they have no sense.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by zigzagluv: 11:20pm On May 22, 2022
Sometimes , You people always beat above yourself , Go check IGR from each zone , SE produce the lowest , You na too de make mouth , U tink Nigeria will collapse
Galaxyowerri:
Nigeria will really be a dull place without Igbos in it. Every news must mention Igbos or SE otherwise it won't sell. So Mazi Ohuabunwa who is obviously trying to spice up his CV is now considered a major contender just to pass a jaundiced narrative?

Anyways Wike is only decieving himself, he has zero chance of winning the presidency. The worst thing pdp will do is to allow such person to be its flag bearer because he won't even be able to win any zone.

Only Atiku or Obi has any significant chance of giving APC a run for their money, the rest i.e. Saraki, Tambuwal, Wike and Anyim will be easily defeated on election day.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nigerianfactor: 11:22pm On May 22, 2022
wpadmin:
Igbos offence was that they organised the first coup in Nigeria and it was mostly Northern leaders/top ranking army chiefs that got killed.

Since then, the North went back to restrategise.

They divided the states in the East and formed new states. They took parts of the Igbo speaking states and merged it with other states e.g Delta and Port-harcourt.

The North organised and made themselves have the highest number of legislators in the country. If there's need to vote for anything in the National assembly, the North has the highest numbers and they vote in tandem.

Like I always say, Northern leaders have plans for the next 100-200 years while southern leaders only have eyes on the next 4-8 years.

It is well.

The only sensible comment I have read here. Through successful coup d'etats and military rulers, Hausa-Fulani have been able to balkanize Nigeria in their favor, creating new zones, new states and many more local government areas that give them advantage in any electoral process. As it is now, there is little any South Easterner can do as far as national elections are concerned. I am surprised that many do not see how the anomaly in our polity came about.

To create a level playing ground, Nigeria has to revert to the regions as a basis for sharing resources and political power. In the alternative, the country has to be restructured in a way that balance zones in the North with those in the South or by using the old TRIPOD upon which the nation hitherto stood.

If we don't make this ammendment in time, we have to brace up for more ethnic fights and breakaway struggles.

In the 1960s Nigeria worked better for all, produced more, regions positively competed better to achieve overall results and there was less struggle at the center. If we continue like this, with this skewed federation that gives advantage to the Hausa-Fulani there will be no peace. Ask yourself, how many local government areas did Kano, Lagos and Rivers have in 1970? Now how many states and local governments have been carved out of the three states for instance by the last military state creator. Crosscheck with the remaining states and local governments and will see where the cheating started. Here lies the problem with Nigeria. Here lies the foundation of the Nigerian factor!

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by WhizdomXX(m): 11:28pm On May 22, 2022
Galaxyowerri:
Nigeria will really be a dull place without Igbos in it. Every news must mention Igbos or SE otherwise it won't sell. So Mazi Ohuabunwa who is obviously trying to spice up his CV is now considered a major contender just to pass a jaundiced narrative?

Anyways Wike is only decieving himself, he has zero chance of winning the presidency. The worst thing pdp will do is to allow such person to be its flag bearer because he won't even be able to win any zone.

Only Atiku or Obi has any significant chance of giving APC a run for their money, the rest i.e. Saraki, Tambuwal, Wike and Anyim will be easily defeated on election day.
Wike will win far more states than Obi on election day.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Sheggy13(m): 11:35pm On May 22, 2022
poiZon:

Is the electoral quagmire only affecting PDP?

How many presidential candidates are presently being sponsored by south west region?
At the last count e pass 6..
South south has more local govt than south west... Amaechi should easily take that or i see the weak contenders ceding their states to the available Northern candidate.
So u should be thinking more about tinubu and not peter obi
Most of you talk nonsense with so much confidence. Imagine someone saying South South has more LGA than South West. Just too funny. Same internet you used to post this rubbish would have helped you get the facts with a simple Google search.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nigerianfactor: 11:39pm On May 22, 2022
zigzagluv:
Sometimes , You people always beat above yourself , Go check IGR from each zone , SE produce the lowest , You na too de make mouth , U tink Nigeria will collapse

The IGR you brag about results from the imbalance in allocating national resources and infrastructural development. Every government that comes will only remember projects in the South West and those in the North West. Is it power projects, is it railway projects, is it industries, is it ports or is it roads and bridges? After deliberately neglecting and excluding the "South South" and South East, you come back to talk about IGR. Those who have political power determine where resources will be allocated and investments and taxes follow these resources naturally. For a change make the ports in the "South South" work let us see where more shipments will pass through for instance
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nigerianfactor: 11:49pm On May 22, 2022
wiseoneking:

But is he not truly Lifeless? What have you or other Nigerians benefited from this government other than poverty, kidnapping, corruption, nepotism, strike, inflation, high increase in food stuff, high borrowing etc
Is every Nigeria not crying? Are the igbos worst off in Nigeria? Are they not to some extent better off economically even without federal government impact in her region despite the neglect? Are you not more frustrated now than in the last eight years? Do you love going round and round in life without progress? Are you happy with the situation of this country in the past 7 yrs? Increase in prices of rice, beans, gas, electricity, transportation etc without marginal increase in in your income. Will you ever be happy to vote for Tinubu if his presidency would be worst than Mr lifeless. How do you feel within you about all this question?

The only thing that the igbos should focus is growing her local economy: technology, business and relocating her ever large widely despersed wealth to ala Igbo. They have lost out in politics of Nigeria and her people are truly not interested in Nigeria as a nation.
Necessity THEY SAY IS THE MOTHER OF INVENTION. It is the time to look within and beyond Nigeria, after all those regions that has been ruling even have far more poorer population, less educated, less industrious than SE without having been president. I am afraid it won't be night for NIGERIA come 2023

Good point. The more they exclude the Igboman the more he finds space outside Nigeria, and the more Nigeria as a country goes down. We all are the ultimate losers

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by brownsoldier(m): 12:33am On May 23, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
See me I no dey decieve una, I hate those hateful ipob terrorists and cannibals who turned Iboland to a barren land and burn lasgidi in Oct 2020.
Every other Ibo man and woman wey no be ipob or dey support dem na my blood and I love dem!

Baba you can't hate people who have been genuinely upset at being excluded, because let's be honest Igbos have been discriminated against. IPOB are going about it the wrong way, but when people are upset, it's hard to tell them how to react.

Please just leave all this hatred, no tribe is better than another. We all have our good and evil side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by softwareman(m): 2:08am On May 23, 2022
Viraltrends123:
My only problem with them is they are always showing hatred, and pain. They won't accept their fate is someone else's becomes president, theye forgotten we have up to 300 tribes in this country.

When Buhari was campaigning and won, they were wailing oooo, wishing him dead, calling him names, jubril El sudan, lifeless, Fulani cow, deaf, zoo keeper.

Tinubu now campaigning and doing his thing, you see them calling names, they don't know all this things strengthens the candidates, funny names make candidates popular. They are not even supporting their candidates, just hating others 24/7.
I wish they see how much damage this has done to the way people now perceive them.
This stupid and idiotic attitude of making enemies right, left and center is classic SELF DESTRUCTION.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by wasuka14(m): 3:20am On May 23, 2022
Mpurumiri they disturb their Flat headed's

Viraltrends123:
My only problem with them is they are always showing hatred, and pain. They won't accept their fate is someone else's becomes president, theye forgotten we have up to 300 tribes in this country.

When Buhari was campaigning and won, they were wailing oooo, wishing him dead, calling him names, jubril El sudan, lifeless, Fulani cow, deaf, zoo keeper.

Tinubu now campaigning and doing his thing, you see them calling names, they don't know all this things strengthens the candidates, funny names make candidates popular. They are not even supporting their candidates, just hating others 24/7.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Nigerialabalaba: 5:30am On May 23, 2022
brownsoldier:

Baba you can't hate people who have been genuinely upset at being excluded, because let's be honest Igbos have been discriminated against. IPOB are going about it the wrong way, but when people are upset, it's hard to tell them how to react.

Please just leave all this hatred, no tribe is better than another. We all have our good and evil side
I feel you Baba. Only be say na hating on d Yoruba and even fellow Ibo wey hold different view so tey dey kill and behead dem no dey excusable. As recent as 2015, na even Ibo people run and dominate GEJ govt and Yoruba no beef dem or d Ibos dem dey kill today no beef dem. MNK wey dey openly call for destruction of Lagos and killing of Yoruba pastors just no dey excusable. D ones wey dem own don cast patapata na those ones wey dey digrace ibo here on nairaland, twitter and facebook na d worst dregs of Ibo. Everything in dem way must burn shah like say dem take burning and killing of innocent people take swear for them. I be one of those Nigerians wey believe say na lie say Ibo dey maginalize. Ibo still be one of d leading 3 tribes for Njgeria, if dem dey lose politically na becos of d wrong strategy and abandoning dia politics to nonenties and brawns. Dat one no be Yoruba faults o

Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Daggash98: 5:31am On May 23, 2022
Without ATIKU, PDP should forget it.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Obamaofusa: 6:19am On May 23, 2022
MumuAFONJA:

Yorubas are d most smelly creatures in the world,de hardly took their bath year to year,the smells like de pigs grin grin grin,their mouth odour can pollute de universe grin cheesy grin

Igbos are not known as pigs for nothing.
Even Kanu says Igbos are pigs.The only known certificated pigs in Nigeria.
Internationally,they are chased off planes if they dont wear perfumes.They are not only dirty pigs but they carry an Igbo natural,dirty,stinking,smelly,very thick pungent smell.Ask Obioma.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by brownsoldier(m): 6:58am On May 23, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

I feel you Baba. Only be say na hating on d Yoruba and even fellow Ibo wey hold different view so tey dey kill and behead dem no dey excusable. As recent as 2015, na even Ibo people run and dominate GEJ govt and Yoruba no beef dem or d Ibos dem dey kill today no beef dem. MNK wey dey openly call for destruction of Lagos and killing of Yoruba pastors just no dey excusable. D ones wey dem own don cast patapata na those ones wey dey digrace ibo here on nairaland, twitter and facebook na d worst dregs of Ibo. Everything in dem way must burn shah like say dem take burning and killing of innocent people take swear for them. I be one of those Nigerians wey believe say na lie say Ibo dey maginalize. Ibo still be one of d leading 3 tribes for Njgeria, if dem dey lose politically na becos of d wrong strategy and abandoning dia politics to nonenties and brawns. Dat one no be Yoruba faults o

I understand you. But even look at this presidency issue you'll see Ibo dey marginalized. If Peter Obi was Hausa or Yoruba we for no dey even tok. Him for don go far, the election would have been a done deal. Guy come east, you no go see one road. Trust me baba no let politicians make us dey hate each other. Na suffer we all dey so. Our hatred for each other, na only politicians e dey favor? because we no go unite back better candidate unto say no be our tribe.
Omo fashi all this bashing, e no pure. Even as Boko Haram wey na Fulani full am don kill people tire, you never insult them reach.

Leave hatred my guy, make we join arrange this country
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by emmykk(m): 7:23am On May 23, 2022
Echoban:

Oga, APC BAT has the numbers rooted in all SW states , NC, NE and few others. Rest. BAT now has few delegates to bargain with.

SE has no enough LG APC/PDP registered member aside Enugu and Abia where d Govs are Wike allies that's why the topic says SE loosing out..

Meanwhile have u insulted BAT today grin

The weekend is not far again.time shall tell
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Galaxyowerri(m): 7:31am On May 23, 2022
WhizdomXX:

Wike will win far more states than Obi on election day.

Peter Obi will definitely win 5 SE states, Delta and Abuja, he will also win Lagos if APC does not present a Yoruba man and others too.

Now tell me the states Wike will win? If he can find it difficult winning Rivers State, then which other state can you argue with certainty? He can't even win neighboring Bayelsa because the Ijaws already hate him.

Even if he uses Rivers State money to bribe his way in getting PDP ticket, he will end up disgracing both himself and the party on election day.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by 1879barisa: 7:57am On May 23, 2022
[s]
Buckeyemedia1:
Peter Obi? Joker, he would have been better of @ Apga.
[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by MumuAFONJA: 8:12am On May 23, 2022
Obamaofusa:

Igbos are not known as pigs for nothing.
Even Kanu says Igbos are pigs.The only known certificated pigs in Nigeria.
Internationally,they are chased off planes if they dont wear perfumes.They are not only dirty pigs but they carry an Igbo natural,dirty,stinking,smelly,very thick pungent smell.Ask Obioma.
Afonja i understand ur pains grin grin grin,you won safe face,dirty smelly tins grin grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Okarakwu: 8:15am On May 23, 2022
So the NASs has no power to veto that?
Why shouldn't I blame them? , let them do the needful and overide the presidency that's why they are there for such cases.
klas:

Why blame Lawan and National assembly?

Are you not aware that the Nass called an emergency meeting and amended section 84(12) that barred the statutory delegates?

The bill is on the President's table but he hasn't signed it yet, so only elected delegates can vote for now. Even the president himself cannot vote at the primaries.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Obamaofusa: 8:16am On May 23, 2022
MumuAFONJA:

Afonja i understand ur pains grin grin grin,you won safe face,dirty smelly tins grin grin grin
lol
OSU...you know that the only dirty,stinking,smelling pigs in Nigeria are the yeebows.Ask Kanu.

Kanu: Igbos are the only pigs in Ngeria.No contest.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by klas(m): 8:23am On May 23, 2022
Okarakwu:
So the NASs has no power to veto that?
Why shouldn't I blame them? , let them do the needful and overide the presidency that's why they are there for such cases.

Constitutionally, the President has 30 days to decide whether to sign or veto the bill.

During that 30 days, National Assembly can do nothing and the 30 days will elapse on June 13th 2022 which will be too late for them to do anything about the primaries.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by Ndibuna: 9:28am On May 23, 2022
jaggabban:

This one voice don dey go down, hahaha, pls keep abusing our dear President Tinubu, do not campaign for ur failed Obi Pandora. Ediots hating everybody
Your mumu mama be Ediot oo. Ole buruku grin cheesy
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by MumuAFONJA: 9:44am On May 23, 2022
Obamaofusa:

lol
OSU...you know that the only dirty,stinking,smelling pigs in Nigeria are the yeebows.Ask Kanu.

Kanu: Igbos are the only pigs in Ngeria.No contest.
Afonja tins don't bath year to year,80% of afonja don't brush their teeth the smells like a dead pig,afonja mouth odour can pollute the universe, Google de most dirtiest tribe in Nigeria and come back and tell me what u see grin grin grin
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by WhizdomXX(m): 10:08am On May 23, 2022
Galaxyowerri:

Peter Obi will definitely win 5 SE states, Delta and Abuja, he will also win Lagos if APC does not present a Yoruba man and others too.

Now tell me the states Wike will win? If he can find it difficult winning Rivers State, then which other state can you argue with certainty? He can't even win neighboring Bayelsa because the Ijaws already hate him.

Even if he uses Rivers State money to bribe his way in getting PDP ticket, he will end up disgracing both himself and the party on election day.
Peter Obi will win what
My dear no need for all this much talk. Primary is this week.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Electoral Act Cuts PDP Delegates To 811, South-East Loses Out by homody(m): 10:12am On May 23, 2022
Another wailer spotted. grin

AFONJAPIG:
And after all these tell me why the Easterners will not embrace secession... go and mark it somewhere, election will not hold in East we are ready to die for restoration of Biafra

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Dokpesi Meets Lagos4Lagos APC Group In Lagos / Zulum Meets Families Of Slain Officers, Visits The Injured In Hospital (pics) / Kenneth Okonkwo Tackles El-rufai Over Assassination Of Kaduna LP Woman Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.