Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,678 members, 7,955,491 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:29 AM

Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? (1039 Views)

Don’t Forget Home, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living Abroad / 6 Reasons Why I Think it was wise for Atiku to Avoid a Debate without Buhari / BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by ekukeku(m): 12:18am On May 23, 2022
All I know is Naija sweet wen u have money dat is not too lousy but I can't imagine relocating after being outside o...

Relocating to Nigeria may be a sin to God o
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by pquaver(m): 12:40am On May 23, 2022
Never. I am no longer coming. I will stop in. Lagos and go back.. The place is a killing field.. I was planning July but men.. Till infinity and beyond
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by Reflect7: 1:11am On May 23, 2022
EerinLakatabu:
While I agree with you about the over-sensationalism of 9ja’s problem, you can’t argue the country has been a failure.

We genuinely can’t keep going like this.

What failure? Abeg shut up make we hear something.

YOU DO YOUR OWN PART.

Leave ''Nigeria'' out of your head.

Rubbish.

Every day 'Nigeria' this 'Nigeria' that.

Look, in America you have millions of people who are homeless and sleep rough on the streets every night. This is a country with a 10 trillion dollar annual budget compared to Nigeria's 30 billion. The whole world has issues. This demonisation of 'Nigeria' - a developing country just like 80% of countries on Earth, must stop.

CONTRIBUTE YOUR OWN PART TO IMPROVING THE COUNTRY and leave others alone, Mr PERFECT!

''Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.'' - Leo Tolstoy

1 Like

Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by id4sho(m): 3:09am On May 23, 2022
Ilekokonit:

Please explain why you said Yes, that it is safe and wise to return permanently to Nigeria in spite of the violence and death we read about DAILY [/b] ?

I personally still DAILY nurse the ambition of returning PERMANENTLY to Nigeria after Decades abroad and my last relocation stint in 2006 lasted for 2 years as I only made 60 Naira profit from the restaurant I came to set up and run in Naija due to my 9 staff all being thieves (including my brothers fiancee - now Ex wife who was the manager). And this stealing happened right under my nose and the most hardworking staff was the biggest thief helping himself daily to 7,000 from the daily takings.

But IN spite of this I still feel homesick REGULARLY and I hope to return home to Nigeria one day SOON but is this hunger and longing to relocate to Nigeria safe and wise or is it a DANGEROUS PIPE DREAM
Restaurant, 60 Naira ke lipsrsealed. Dammm,Businesses in naija need serious monitoring from opening time to market shopping, store inventory, spices stock , per serving,left over etc. That's the only way to make profit. Employees steal at any given opportunity.
I know a man who owns a warehouse, it was closed when he went to the village for burial for a month shocked. All distribution Van's parked, compulsory leave for staffs, losing customers that period.
BETTER FOR HIM

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by EerinLakatabu(m): 7:45am On May 23, 2022
Go and tell the elders in your house to shut up. T’an ba ko e nile, ama ko e nita.
Why can’t you have a reasonable discourse without throwing insults ? Listen, Nigerians are the country’s problem.. not just the politicians most love to blame.

Reflect7:

What failure? Abeg shut up make we hear something.

YOU DO YOUR OWN PART.

Leave ''Nigeria'' out of your head.

Rubbish.

Every day 'Nigeria' this 'Nigeria' that.

Look, in America you have millions of people who are homeless and sleep rough on the streets every night. This is a country with a 10 trillion dollar annual budget compared to Nigeria's 30 billion. The whole world has issues. This demonisation of 'Nigeria' - a developing country just like 80% of countries on Earth, must stop.

CONTRIBUTE YOUR OWN PART TO IMPROVING THE COUNTRY and leave others alone, Mr PERFECT!

''Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.'' - Leo Tolstoy

Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by adadike(f): 8:24am On May 23, 2022
pquaver:
Never. I am no longer coming. I will stop in. Lagos and go back.. The place is a killing field.. I was planning July but men.. Till infinity and beyond
pls don't come to South East at all o. My uncle came back and these unknown gunmen got wind of it, they came looking for him but he noticed it on time and he jakpa through the back door . He is currently in an hotel and will be traveling back from there
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by pquaver(m): 8:28am On May 23, 2022
adadike:
pls don't come to South East at all o. My uncle came back and these unknown gunmen got wind of it, they came looking for him but he noticed it on time and he jakpa through the back door . He is currently in an hotel and will be traveling back from there

The good part is their sponsor can't come home too. The idiots sponsoring and contributing funds can't come home..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by OkwuEziokwu(m): 8:35am On May 23, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
All that I know that moved back to Nigeria have returned to start all over again.
Nigeria frustrated them gaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Just an illusion.
Going from a system that works, to battle evil forces in a country WITHOUT any system.

To visit Nigeria is a supernatural task, not to talk of re-settling there.
Impossible!
EVERYONE I KNOW has since left Nigeria YET AGAIN, because NIGERIA IS A SYSTEMLESS FAILURE of an environment.
You have to be psychologically-challenged to live in a place like Nigeria-A PURE ZOO full of the most WICKED human beings ever walked the planet Earth.

Living in Nigeria reminds me of CRABS IN A BUCKET. No success for anyone. You will be pulled down by the most miserable beings around you.

Bruh.. I felt every single word.

Geez, what are we going to do about this mess? Secession I say! Brand new start!
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by KanwuliaExtra: 10:40am On May 23, 2022
OkwuEziokwu:

Bruh.. I felt every single word.

Geez, what are we going to do about this mess? Secession I say! Brand new start!

The mess is real o.
Unfortunately, no solution in sight.
The future remains bleak.
It can only get from worse to worst.
It is really a tragedy.

Thanks to Nollywood and the Nigerian music industry for putting a smile on our faces.
You cannot be a Nigerian IN NIGERIA and make Nigeria proud.
The only Nigerians that put Nigeria in a positive light are the Nigerians that are out of Nigeria.
Even Dangote is tainted because he is covered by the blood of the North.
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by kelvine(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2022
Please tell me in simple words.
Is the grass greener abroad or in Nigeria

Ilekokonit:

Very Good observation.

The grass always looks greener of the other side.

What tempted me to relocate to Nigeria in 2006 was the fact that between 2003 and 2004 I visited Naija quite a few times and with the advent of democracy in Naija + mobile phones every where in Naija plus the general feel good factor reported by every news media both home and abroad about Naija (especially Nigerian owned TV stations in the UK - e.g Ben TV UK) , it always seemed that Nigeria was on the mend and a place to be and i even contemplated bringing my kids to school in Naija but the £10,000 cost per year of Lekki British International School at the time brought me back down to earth and although I tried living in Nigeria for 2 years - 2006 - 2008 and it did not work out, I still can not rule out doing the same soon - maybe I am just an eternal optimist about Nigeria .
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by Ilekokonit: 2:28pm On May 23, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Look at the level of insecurity in Nigeria-deliberately orchestrated to keep the common man in fear and uncertainty?
Why deliberate? So they cannot question or fight the status quo.

This is so true just like the corruption induced poverty, lack of electricity, no safety net a.k.a social security payments for the unemployed.

Poverty is a well orchestrated plan by our politicians to keep 200 million people in perpetual poverty so that they - the corrupt politicians and their cronies - will have a big pool of desperate impoverished people to pick their servants from.

If Nigeria had a safety net like social security payments for EVERY unemployed Nigerian (just like they have in civilized countries), then no one will be desperate enough to be a perpetual servant slave to the blood sucking Nigerian politician and if such a safety net exists, watch how crime will go down when people are not so desperate as they know that even if they are unemployed, they will not be homeless or hungry and their children's school fees and feeding will be taken care of by the Government like is done in civilized countries.

But will our wicked politicians introduce such a social security system ? I think the answer is no because if they do, then the floor is being leveled between them and the masses since the masses can afford to eat what the politicians eat and the masses are not desperate enough to be their perpetual servants.
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by Earthstorms(m): 4:01pm On May 23, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
All that I know that moved back to Nigeria have returned to start all over again.
Nigeria frustrated them gaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
Just an illusion.
Going from a system that works, to battle evil forces in a country WITHOUT any system.

To visit Nigeria is a supernatural task, not to talk of re-settling there.
Impossible!
EVERYONE I KNOW has since left Nigeria YET AGAIN, because NIGERIA IS A SYSTEMLESS FAILURE of an environment.
You have to be psychologically-challenged to live in a place like Nigeria-A PURE ZOO full of the most WICKED human beings ever walked the planet Earth.

Living in Nigeria reminds me of CRABS IN A BUCKET. No success for anyone. You will be pulled down by the most miserable beings around you.

I returned to Nigeria 4 years ago and still regret it till today.

I am trapped here for now, but hopefully I will overcome the evil in this place
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 28, 2022
How do you cope as it seems you live is in a IPOB hotspot. How can somebody come pay your bride price without fear of being kidnapped and beheaded?
I am serious oo!
adadike:
Re: Is It Really Safe Or Wise For Nigerians Living Abroad To Come Back To Nigeria ?? by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 28, 2022
I laughed when talked about your restaurant business and employing 9 thieves as staff. Employ a thieving manager and your business is already doomed. You have to be the manager and all staff must be considered easily disposable if they fail to meet targets that you must set for them. I can relate because I made the same mistakes and my business failed and I plan to implement these lessons in my next business when I return. But my friend, we must go back home as we are only guests in the foreign land and tomorrow they may decide to deport us all for no reason.
Ilekokonit:

Please explain why you said Yes, that it is safe and wise to return permanently to Nigeria in spite of the violence and death we read about DAILY [/b] ?

I personally still DAILY nurse the ambition of returning PERMANENTLY to Nigeria after Decades abroad and my last relocation stint in 2006 lasted for 2 years as I only made 60 Naira profit from the restaurant I came to set up and run in Naija due to my 9 staff all being thieves (including my brothers fiancee - now Ex wife who was the manager). And this stealing happened right under my nose and the most hardworking staff was the biggest thief helping himself daily to 7,000 from the daily takings.

But IN spite of this I still feel homesick REGULARLY and I hope to return home to Nigeria one day SOON but is this hunger and longing to relocate to Nigeria safe and wise or is it a DANGEROUS PIPE DREAM

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Congratulate Kanu And Sunday Igboho In Advance / Yorubas Youths Leading The Obi 2023 Movement / Ned Nwoko Needs Another Young Girl To Marry, Wike Fires Ned Nwoko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.