Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat (21938 Views)

Okorocha Threatens Edo Ambassadorial Nominee Over Primaries Under Oshiomhole / Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primaries End In Violence (Graphic Photos) / APC Governorship Primaries In 27 States (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 10:50pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Farah said, screen me virtually. Screen me and put my name on the Primary election list.

Simple.

You said it earlier that someone won election in prison.
The Party defines its rules. It can even decide to just clear you without screening. That one is at the discretion of the Party.

No Court in Nigeria can tamper with their decision on that.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:51pm On May 23, 2022
fergie001:

The Party defines its rules. It can even decide to just clear you without screening. That one is at the discretion of the Party.

In this case, the party gave him a primary form and clearned him to be screened. So the court wants to know, why are you not screening him.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:55pm On May 23, 2022
fergie001:

Court nullifies all APC primaries in Rivers, stops party from 2019 elections

A federal high court in Port Harcourt on Monday nullified both the direct and indirect primaries conducted by two factions of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Rivers State.

The court, presided by Kolawole Omotosho, also restrained the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from recognising any candidates of the APC for the 2019 general elections in the state.

Two factions of the party had conducted parallel primaries that produced two sets of candidates.

While one faction, loyal to former Governor Rotimi Ameachi produced Tonye Cole as its candidate, the other loyal to serving senator, Magnus Abe, produced him as its own candidate.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/304544-breaking-court-nullifies-all-apc-primaries-in-rivers-stops-party-from-2019-elections.html

Wike of all people knows the court can come down hard on a party.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 10:57pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

In this case, the party gave him a primary form and clearned him to be screened. So the court wants to know, why are you not screening him.
Obaseki was a sitting Gov and bought his form for APC then. He went for screening and was still screened out.

Screening is the exclusive preserve of the Party. They said everyone should come so and so place for screening. They can decide to change the game because of you or decide otherwise. The Supreme Court has ruled many times that it's not their business, it's the Party's to decide.

I sympathise with Dagogo...have never been a fan of Mr. Flyover.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:58pm On May 23, 2022
fergie001:

Obaseki was a sitting Gov and bought his form for APC then. He went for screening and was still screened out.

Screening is the exclusive preserve of the Party. They said everyone should come so and so place for screening. They can decide to change the game because of you or decide otherwise. The Supreme Court has ruled many times that it's not their business, it's the Party's to decide.

I sympathise with Dagogo...have never been a fan of Mr. Flyover.

What you are missing is that, Farah was not screened out. That is the point of contention. He was denied a legitimate screening process due to interference.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 11:03pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
Wike of all people knows the court can come down hard on a party.

This is a case I followed religiously. Mind you, the Court did not stop the Primaries, it nullified it. No Court can stop the Primaries, that's number one.

Number two, these cases are VERY different. The APC was told not to conduct their Congresses but alas, they went on. That's why I told you that the PDP will try to force adjournment till after May 26 within which everything becomes academic.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 11:06pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

What you are missing is that, Farah was not screened out. That is the point of contention. He was denied a legitimate screening process due to interference.
Then he should focus on the interference.

See, I am not from Rivers...he should just defect or ask his handlers to push for defection! That's it/
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08pm On May 23, 2022
fergie001:

This is a case I followed religiously. Mind you, the Court did not stop the Primaries, it nullified it. No Court can stop the Primaries, that's number one.

Number two, these cases are VERY different. The APC was told not to conduct their Congresses but alas, they went on. That's why I told you that the PDP will try to force adjournment till after May 26 within which everything becomes academic.

Farah wants an injunction halting the process until they follow due process. The court is not changing the rules of the party but making the party abide by its own rules.

If they try to force the primaries, then the nullification will take place.

Farah is playing Wike's cards against him.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09pm On May 23, 2022
fergie001:

See, I am not from Rivers...he should just defect or ask his handlers to push for defection! That's it/

Farah is not playing here. There is a reason Wike is scared of him. Wike knows something we do not and does not want Farah's name on the Primary election list.

That is why Wike is interfering and Farah is using it against him.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:10pm On May 23, 2022
fergie001:

Farah is not interested in defecting. He has already prepared his political aparatus for this primary in PDP.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 11:17pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

[color=#000099]
Farah wants an injunction halting the process until they follow due process. The court is not changing the rules of the party but making the party abide by its own rules.

If they try to force the primaries, then the nullification will take place.

Farah is playing Wike's cards against him.
Dagogo is in prison, how do we screen him?
You said virtually, curtsy of who, the Police?

I am looking at the PDP Constitution now, there is no rule or guideline compelling the PDP to virtually screen any candidate.

Let's just leave it at that. It's a lost cause already.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 11:18pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Farah is not interested in defecting. He has already prepared his political aparatus for this primary in PDP.
That's why Mr flyover had to take him out.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 11:19pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Farah is not playing here. There is a reason Wike is scared of him. Wike knows something we do not and does not want Farah's name on the Primary election list.

That is why Wike is interfering and Farah is using it against him.
I agree completely but he has the advantage because the Police is aiding him and the hands of the PDP are tied.

That's all.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Ah ah. You were arguing. Now proven wrong you are changing mouth. I did not say I want to sue him. I said he is a scammer.

Arguing what? You just lifted a screenshot that's not exhaustive.

Go and sue him since you know that my Governor is a scammer.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by Ferrous(m): 6:58am On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

Actually, it is S84(15)... The Primaries is not under threat.

Regrettably, nothing will come out from the case. The case is pre-primary and is non-justiceable. INEC has no business with it because the Commission is non-partisan and not responsible for how Political Parties conduct their Screening exercises.

The Court has no Jurisdiction because it is the internal affairs of a political party, Dagogo will be there for a very long time.

Some people have started jubilating, thinking that what happened to Rivers APC in 2019 will happen to PDP.

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by maxzzo1(m): 8:02am On May 24, 2022
AnonPoet:

https://thenetwork.ng/breaking-rivers-2023-pdp-governorship-primaries-under-threat/
"They should arrange virtual or come to CIID office to carry out clearance abi screening" Na wao for this lawyer ooo dem 4 go every other aspirant house Na....nonsense
He missed d screening whatever nothing concern INEC...

1 Like

Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by RoxyBrownAutos: 9:00am On May 24, 2022
The court order is for PDP and INEC to show why the primary election should hold without DAGOGO, the plaintiff.The order is not to stop the primary election.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 10:19am On May 24, 2022
Ikonne is going to be Gov ~

@garfield1
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 10:24am On May 24, 2022
fergie001:
Ikonne is going to be Gov ~

@garfield1

He night not.the ohuhu will have the last laugh.fhc rivers has restrained pdp from conducting primary
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 10:30am On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
He night not.the ohuhu will have the last laugh.fhc rivers has restrained pdp from conducting primary
That's not true. No Court can restrain any Party from holding Primaries.

The Court said they should show cause why he shouldn't be screened.

Ohuhu won't say anything.......It's done.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 10:56am On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

That's not true. No Court can restrain any Party from holding Primaries.

The Court said they should show cause why he shouldn't be screened.

Ohuhu won't say anything.......It's done.

A restraining order has been procured.was aoc not restrained in 2019!?

Ohuhu will massively support the apc flagbearer

Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 11:11am On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
A restraining order has been procured. Was APC not restrained in 2019!?
This was the application he filed nah, Check the date stamp.

The Court didn't restrain APC in 2019, it invalidated the Congresses that produced those who participated in the Primaries. So everything was null and void ab initio.

No Court can stop the Primaries or restrain a Party from conducting Primaries. The worse that will happen is take a decision that will make the Party move the Primaries.

Ohuhu will massively support the Apc flagbearer
No way....

APC is going Abia North, then maybe pick an Abia South Deputy. Abia Central gets nothing, what's the vote of Ohuhu?
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 11:24am On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

This was the application he filed nah, Check the date stamp.

The Court didn't restrain APC in 2019, it invalidated the Congresses that produced those who participated in the Primaries. So everything was null and void ab initio.

No Court can stop the Primaries or restrain a Party from conducting Primaries. The worse that will happen is take a decision that will make the Party move the Primaries.

No way....

APC is going Abia North, then maybe pick an Abia South Deputy. Abia Central gets nothing, what's the vote of Ohuhu?

Yes,it was not a restraining order but they can later get an order now that wike has told them who he wants..

In 2018 in rivers,the magnus case wasn't about the congress.the fhc stopped the primaries and amechi moved it forward and the court still stopped and nullified it...assuming congress was nullified,it shows that pre primary matters are not completely an internal matter of the parties,there is a limit as far as parties obey their own laws.that line has been crossed in dagogo's case and his fundamental rights has been breached and luckily,he has gone to court early...

When I mean ohuhu,I am referring to all non ngwas in abia whether umuahia or abia north and even ukwa
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 11:59am On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
Yes,it was not a restraining order but they can later get an order now that wike has told them who he wants..
Who will give them?

An order that Wike has selected a candidate hence the Court should restrain them or what? The Courts don't work on hearsays.

You seem not to understand it. Dagogo was waiting for his screening when the Police came to pick him up. They purposely placed him last in the list so that they will perfect what they intended. Immediately, it was remaining him, they swooped in.

The case is between Rivers COMPOL v Dagogo. He was denied bail by the Magistrate Court so how will PDP screen him? Will the High Court mandate PDP or INEC to screen him? Is Screening not the domestic affairs of a Party? His case is even more difficult because even the Rivers COMPOL is not even a Party to the suit.

In 2018 in rivers,the magnus case wasn't about the congress.the fhc stopped the primaries and Amaechi moved it forward and the court still stopped and nullified it...assuming congress was nullified,it shows that pre primary matters are not completely an internal matter of the parties,there is a limit as far as parties obey their own laws.that line has been crossed in dagogo's case and his fundamental rights has been breached and luckily,he has gone to court early...
Any Court order no matter how perverse stands until upturned. Again, I tell you 100% the FHC never stopped it. The Primaries was even completed before the matter went to the FHC.

Again, Dagogo is not filing for his fundamental rights suit, is he? The Police is who he will be sueing if he intends to. Neither INEC nor PDP arrested him.

This is the Wike you want to see on the ballot. I don't want to just describe him.

When I mean ohuhu,I am referring to all non ngwas in abia whether umuahia or abia north and even ukwa

The Stakeholders yesterday backed Ikonne. The Gov has given them all what they want. The Speaker has won his Reps ticket.

The Deputy Speaker as well.. Everybody is collecting and the Gov is telling them that OUK has fully colonised Abia-N so it will be risky there since no politician in that Zone can outmuscle him.

I don't support the decision but na one vote I get moreover I am transferring to Lagos.
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 12:03pm On May 24, 2022
Like I said, I cannot support Wike in this rascality but I am just laying bare what the Supreme Court has said in cases like this. The Court has no rights to mandate PDP to take Dagogo....No way.

The case I also understand is before the PDP Appeals Committee and I don't know their answer. That also means, he has not exhausted the internal mechanisms of the Party if indeed they haven't given a verdict.

I have explained this before: Maihaja was blocked from submitting his EoI form. The State Party Chairman, locked the gates of the Secretariat and directed the Police not to let him in. He went to Court;

Hear the SC: Maihaja v Geidam (2017), per Sidi Bage, JSC as he then was:

By his own admission, the Appellant did well in stating correctly what transpired before the primary election conducted by the 2nd Respondent on 4th December, 2014 while I sympathise with the Appellant, I am unable to close my eyes to the resonating facts of non-participation in the primaries. Assuming he was wrongly or unlawfully excluded, his remedies would be elsewhere in other forms of civil claims in damages for the refund of political expenses and sundry remedies. Section 87(9) of Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended) appears to me to fall within the category of ‘closed rights’. It is not open-ended. I am of the considered view that it does not capture (wrongful) exclusion, prevention or obstruction orchestrated by or through the instrumentality of third parties or agencies.

The simple questions is:
Has Dagogo been cleared? NO.

Hear The Supreme Court in Daniel v INEC (2005), per Rhodes-Vivour, JSC as he then was;

....before a candidate for the primaries can have a locus standi to sue on the conduct of the primaries, he must be screened, cleared by his political party and participate at the said primaries. Anything short of that, the candidate who did not participate in the primaries could be conveniently classified as a meddlesome interloper with no real interest in the primaries.

I quoted someone yesternight...

garfield1
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:09pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

I quoted someone yesternight...

garfield1

I already saw that but maihaja acted belatedly while Farah acted timeously.no primary is being stopped,the court is saying tarry a while
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by Sonoyom(m): 12:15pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:

His faction isn't recognized plus he hasn't gone to court.time for that has elapsed
Una no dey ever learn
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:15pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

Who will give them?

An order that Wike has selected a candidate hence the Court should restrain them or what? The Courts don't work on hearsays.

You seem not to understand it. Dagogo was waiting for his screening when the Police came to pick him up. They purposely placed him last in the list so that they will perfect what they intended. Immediately, it was remaining him, they swooped in.

The case is between Rivers COMPOL v Dagogo. He was denied bail by the Magistrate Court so how will PDP screen him? Will the High Court mandate PDP or INEC to screen him? Is Screening not the domestic affairs of a Party? His case is even more difficult because even the Rivers COMPOL is not even a Party to the suit.

Any Court order no matter how perverse stands until upturned. Again, I tell you 100% the FHC never stopped it. The Primaries was even completed before the matter went to the FHC.

Again, Dagogo is not filing for his fundamental rights suit, is he? The Police is who he will be sueing if he intends to. Neither INEC nor PDP arrested him.

This is the Wike you want to see on the ballot. I don't want to just describe him.

The Stakeholders yesterday backed Ikonne. The Gov has given them all what they want. The Speaker has won his Reps ticket.

The Deputy Speaker as well.. Everybody is collecting and the Gov is telling them that OUK has fully colonised Abia-N so it will be risky there since no politician in that Zone can outmuscle him.

I don't support the decision but na one vote I get moreover I am transferring to Lagos.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/304544-breaking-court-nullifies-all-apc-primaries-in-rivers-stops-party-from-2019-elections.html&ved=2ahUKEwiDq9usgPj3AhULi_0HHcKwBC4QFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0hbWMUh6DG1VdcHXAmQdIS

The rivers high court restrained apc from conducting primaries.they disobeyed and went ahead to conduct.justice omotosho of fhc scattered everything.the court is not stopping any primaries,it is simply saying hold on to we clear Farah's matter just like in 2019.this is a trap.if they go ahead,they will collect
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:17pm On May 24, 2022
Sonoyom:

Una no dey ever learn

My brother,na you pdp guys no dey learn.thunder will not strike twice na.magnus will contest and lose out,simple
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 12:24pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
I already saw that but maihaja acted belatedly while Farah acted timeously.no primary is being stopped,the court is saying tarry a while
No way. The Court cannot tell a Party when to conduct Primaries. See, even if the Court today says Dagogo should be included, it is PDP 's choice to move or not to move.

See, Dagogo should defect and contest.... It's a dead end. You are beginning to make me look like a Wike lawyer
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by garfield1: 12:29pm On May 24, 2022
fergie001:

No way. The Court cannot tell a Party when to conduct Primaries. See, even if the Court today says Dagogo should be included, it is PDP 's choice to move or not to move.

See, Dagogo should defect and contest.... It's a dead end. You are beginning to make me look like a Wike lawyer

The court is not deciding.it is saying wait first.if inec can determine party affairs,court too can.the plan is to render pdp primaries in rivers invalid.it is a gangup against wike
Re: Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat by fergie001: 12:32pm On May 24, 2022
garfield1:
://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/304544-breaking-court-nullifies-all-apc-primaries-in-rivers-stops-party-from-2019-elections.html&ved=2ahUKEwiDq9usgPj3AhULi_0HHcKwBC4QFnoECAcQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0hbWMUh6DG1VdcHXAmQdIS

The rivers high court restrained apc from conducting primaries.they disobeyed and went ahead to conduct.justice omotosho of fhc scattered everything.the court is not stopping any primaries,it is simply saying hold on to we clear Farah's matter just like in 2019.this is a trap.if they go ahead,they will collect

The bolded is wrong as I have said many times and your link proves that.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/270463-court-nullifies-apc-congresses-in-rivers.html
(This is the judgement nullifying the Congresses). No Court restrained them from Primaries Garfield oooo.

Leave this thing!

The Court has not even ruled. They will go on and once the Primary is done, the case becomes academic. A motion ex-parte cannot be granted for an activity that has already taken place.

The Primary is next tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies / Orji Kalu Lectures Senate, FG On Agriculture, Makes Reference To Ogbomosho Mango / Saraki Is Famous In UK For The Wrong Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.