Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Jesus and the Mosaic Law? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus and the Mosaic Law? (2174 Views)

Mosaic Floors From 1500-Yr-Old Lost Church Of The Apostles Found In Israel (Pics / Are Christains Under The Mosaic Law? / Why Wasn't David Or Solomon Put Death For Adultery According To The Mosaic Laws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Who is the LORD that was prised?
And why prise the one called "LORD"? smiley

Exodus 21:32 Under the law the price for a slave was thirty pieces of silver. Jesus was not a slave so Zechariah 11:12-13 was not referring to Jesus.
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Exodus 21:32 Under the law the price for a slave was thirty pieces of silver. Jesus was not a slave so Zechariah 11:12-13 was not referring to Jesus.

I'm now referring to your version of that quote which says:

the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them

I'm not saying it's Jesus but who is the LORD that was PRISED? smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 3:23pm On May 26, 2022
Did the LORD ask Judas to cast money to the potter?

MaxInDHouse:

I'm now referring to your version of that quote which says:

the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them

I'm not saying it's Jesus but who is the LORD that was PRISED? smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:30pm On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Did the LORD ask Judas to cast money to the potter?

This is why i can never admit that what i said is wrong!

Can you see how difficult it is for you to drive home your point against what the Christians believe?

Well until you're able to explain who is the LORD that was PRISED, let's leave the matter the way it is! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

This is why i can never admit that what i said is wrong!

Can you see how difficult it is for you to drive home your point against what the Christians believe?

Well until you're able to explain who is the LORD that was PRISED, let's leave the matter the way it is! smiley

If you read from Zechariah 11:10-13 you will see that it has nothing to do with Judas betraying Jesus in Matthew 26:15

Zechariah 11:10-13
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and cut it in two, showing that I had revoked the covenant I had made with all the nations.

11 That was the end of my covenant with them. The suffering flock was watching me, and they knew that the LORD was speaking through my actions.

12 And I said to them, “If you like, give me my wages, whatever I am worth; but only if you want to.” So they counted out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

13 And the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the pottera”—this magnificent sum at which they valued me! So I took the thirty coins and threw them to the potter in the Temple of the LORD.
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:07pm On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

If you read from Zechariah 11:10-13 you will see that it has nothing to do with Judas betraying Jesus in Matthew 26:15

Zechariah 11:10-13
10 Then I took my staff called Favor and cut it in two, showing that I had revoked the covenant I had made with all the nations.

11 That was the end of my covenant with them. The suffering flock was watching me, and they knew that the LORD was speaking through my actions.

12 And I said to them, “If you like, give me my wages, whatever I am worth; but only if you want to.” So they counted out for my wages thirty pieces of silver.

13 And the LORD said to me, “Throw it to the pottera”—this magnificent sum at which they valued me! So I took the thirty coins and threw them to the potter in the Temple of the LORD.

MaxInDHouse:

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:02pm On May 26, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Where is the potter here in Matthew?
Matthew 27:5-6
5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple".
6 "And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:10pm On May 26, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Where is the potter here in Matthew?
Matthew 27:5-6
5 "And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple".
6 "And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury

Definitely you don't understand the message and you won't accept it if i want to teach you because it involves Jesus Christ whom you hate with passion.
So keep the part you understand while i also keep what i know! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 1:03pm On May 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Definitely you don't understand the message and you won't accept it if i want to teach you because it involves Jesus Christ whom you hate with passion.
So keep the part you understand while i also keep what i know! smiley

I don't hate Jesus, all I have been saying is that the stories about Him were made up.

But you that love Jesus Christ with passion, yet any one that does not agree with your misinformation you have made your enemy.

MaxInDHouse:

Is this how you're promote your own truth?
"My enemy's enemy automatically becomes my friend" cheesy
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:30pm On May 27, 2022
MindHacker9009:

I don't hate Jesus, all I have been saying is that the stories about Him were made up.
But you that love Jesus Christ with passion, yet any one that does not agree with your misinformation you have made your enemy.

Jesus didn't say we won't have enemies but we should consider them as ignorant of what they are doing. So even though you're my enemy that doesn't mean i should hate you! Matthew 5:43-48 smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 4:01pm On May 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus didn't say we won't have enemies but we should consider them as ignorant of what they are doing. So even though you're my enemy that doesn't mean i should hate you! Matthew 5:43-48 smiley

Some of your enemies here are those who are not misinformed beleivers like yourself beleiving a FAKE story of a messiah written about 2000 years ago to control the minds of gullible people today and you are still helping them to do so. grin cheesy grin
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:46pm On May 27, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Some of your enemies here are those who are not misinformed beleivers like yourself beleiving a FAKE story of a messiah written about 2000 years ago to control the minds of gullible people today and you are still helping them to do so. grin cheesy grin

It's OK! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:16pm On May 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK! smiley

OK. This should educate you on the REAL MESSIAH:

“How can I prove that Jesus is not the messiah?”

The Jewish Messiah is supposed to do the following three things, in this order. After that Elijah returns.

Bring all Jews to Israel as it is said “and I shall gather my people unto me”.
During his lofetime there were very large Jewish comunities living in Babylon, Medina (Arabia), Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia.
The Jews were further dispersed after Jesus lifetime therefore this was made worse after he died.

Establish world peace as prophesized by the Lamb and Wolf lying together.
During his lifetime Judea was involved in a civil war between many different factions. Around the world there were many wars being fought by Rome, Persia etc.
The Jews were involved in a war with Rome after his lifetime. Therefore this situation was made worse in the years following his lifetime.

Build/Inaguarate the Eternal Temple as proohesized in Ezekiel.
The second Temple was still standing im his lifetime.
The Temple fell after his death.

Furthermore Malachi states that Elijah is supposed to return before the coming of The Messiah. This is called the great day of The Lord. The Messiah is not God, but he together with Elijah heralds the final judgement.
Did not happen.
Elijah did not return to bring parents close to their children.

Jesus did not do even the first thing. In fact the closest person who has come closest to doing what The Messiah needs to do in the history of the world is President Chaim Azriel Weitzman of Israel. He was most certainly not The Messiah, but he did more to fulfill the first requirement than anyone else. Even so he did not meet the first requirement fully. No one has yet.
There are Jews outside of Israel, and there have been Jews living outside of Israel since the First Kingdom of Shaul was founded.
There has been a perpetual state of war since Babylon and Egypt were founded. (All of recorded human history).
The Eternal Temple as prophesized in Ezekiel has not been built.
https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-prove-that-Jesus-is-not-the-messiah
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21pm On May 27, 2022
MindHacker9009:

OK. This should educate you on the REAL MESSIAH:

The Jewish Messiah is supposed to do the following three things, in this order. After that Elijah returns.

During his lofetime there were very large Jewish comunities living in Babylon, Medina (Arabia), Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia.
The Jews were further dispersed after Jesus lifetime therefore this was made worse after he died.

During his lifetime Judea was involved in a civil war between many different factions. Around the world there were many wars being fought by Rome, Persia etc.
The Jews were involved in a war with Rome after his lifetime. Therefore this situation was made worse in the years following his lifetime.

Furthermore Malachi states that Elijah is supposed to return before the coming of The Messiah. This is called the great day of The Lord. The Messiah is not God, but he together with Elijah heralds the final judgement.
Did not happen.

Jesus did not do even the first thing. In fact the closest person who has come closest to doing what The Messiah needs to do in the history of the world is President Chaim Azriel Weitzman of Israel. He was most certainly not The Messiah, but he did more to fulfill the first requirement than anyone else. Even so he did not meet the first requirement fully. No one has yet.
There are Jews outside of Israel, and there have been Jews living outside of Israel since the First Kingdom of Shaul was founded.
There has been a perpetual state of war since Babylon and Egypt were founded. (All of recorded human history).
It's OK! cheesy

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:55pm On May 27, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It's OK! cheesy

IT'S NOT OK UNTIL IT'S OK cheesy: For you to know the REAL MESSIAH:

Did not happen.

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Kobojunkie: 2:32am On May 28, 2022
MindHacker9009:
undecided

But Zechariah made no reference to the law which had to do with recompensing a slave's master in the case he is killed by another's bull when he spoke in Zechariah 11 though. undecided
28 “If a man’s bull kills a man or woman, then you should use stones and kill that bull. You should not eat the bull. The owner of the bull is not guilty. 
29 But if the bull had hurt people in the past, and if the owner was warned, then the owner is guilty. That is because he did not keep the bull tied or locked in its place. So if the bull is allowed to be free and kills someone, the owner is guilty. You should kill the bull with stones and also kill the owner. 
30 But the family of the dead man may accept money. If they accept money, the man who owned the bull should not be killed. But he must pay as much money as the judge decides.

31 “This same law must be followed if the bull kills someone’s son or daughter. 
32 But if the bull kills a slave, the owner of the animal must pay the master 30 pieces of silver. And the bull must also be killed with stones. This law will be the same for men and women slaves. - Exodus 21 vs 28 - 32
The law above is pretty clear as far as how it ought to be applied and Zechariah made no reference to a bull being involved in what he proclaimed. undecided
12 Then I said, “If you want to pay me, pay me. If not, don’t!” So they paid me 30 pieces of silver. 
13 Then the Lord told me, “So that’s how much they think I’m worth. Throw that large amount of money into the Temple treasury.” So I took the 30 pieces of silver and threw them into the treasury at the Lord’s Temple. 
14 Then I cut the stick named Union into two pieces. I did this to show that the union between Judah and Israel had been broken.
15 Then the Lord said to me, “Now, get the things a foolish shepherd might use. 
16 This will show that I will get a new shepherd for this country. But this young man will not be able to take care of the sheep that are being destroyed. He will not be able to heal the hurt sheep or feed those that are left alive. And the healthy ones will be eaten completely—only their hoofs will be left.”
17 Too bad for you, you worthless shepherd!
    You abandoned my sheep. Punish him! Strike his arm and right eye with a sword. His arm will be useless. His right eye will be blind. - Zechariah 11 vs 12 - 17
Also, I fail to see how what is written in Zechariah 11 vs 12 - 13 directly referenced the Messiah or Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On May 28, 2022
MindHacker9009:
1. Jesus’ declaration was that He came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets, not to abolish them (Matthew 5:17).
Jesus said: “Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:19)

2. This clearly shows that the Old Testament Laws are a requirement for the kingdom of heaven.
1. Jesus Christ lived His life under the Law fulfilling His obligation as a Jewish man - He lived and died a righteous man by the standard that is the Old Law - hence the reason why He proclaimed that He came to fulfill the Law, not do away with it. undecided

Only God has power to make changes to the Law as stated in Deuteronomy 4 vs 2 and since Jesus Christ came as a man under the Old Law, He had no authority to do away with it nor change it since that wasn't His mission anyways. undecided

2. That claim is baseless where Deuteronomy 4 vs 2 and Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 are reasons enough for why. undecided
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On May 28, 2022
MindHacker9009:

1. The Jewish Messiah is supposed to do the following three things, in this order. After that Elijah returns.

■Bring all Jews to Israel as it is said “and I shall gather my people unto me”.
■Establish world peace as prophesized by the Lamb and Wolf lying together.
■Build/Inaguarate the Eternal Temple as proohesized in Ezekiel.

2. Furthermore Malachi states that Elijah is supposed to return before the coming of The Messiah. This is called the great day of The Lord. The Messiah is not God, but he together with Elijah heralds the final judgement.. Did not happen.

3. Elijah did not return to bring parents close to their children.

4. Jesus did not do even the first thing. In fact the closest person who has come closest to doing what ...

1. But all you pointed out here are meant to take place at the time or the resurrection, before the great and final judgment. The resurrection has yet to take place .I.e. God has yet to gather His people. undecided

2. Elijah's arrival happened before the great and terrible time of judgement explained in Malachi 4 vs 1 - 3. He arrived before the Law to set up that Judgment to come was ratified. undecided
4 “Remember and obey the law of my servant Moses. I gave those laws and rules to him at Mount Horeb. They are for all the people of Israel.
5Look, I will send Elijah the prophet to you. He will come before that great and terrible time of judgment from the Lord.

6 Elijah will help the parents become close to their children, and he will help the children become close to their parents. This must happen, or I will come and completely destroy your country.” - Malachi 4 vs 4 - 6

3. Elijah did in fact return and He did bring parents closer to children and children closer to parents. Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 tells us that Life(Eternal) was only available to the righteous in the land. However, in Ezekiel 18 vs 1 - 36 God, by His decree stating, " the one who sins must die ..." created an even greater division in Israel between parents and their children, so also the children from their parents. Elijah returned, heralding God's New Covenant and Judgement to come, a path to Eternal life (formerly only available to the righteous of God's Old Law) this in addition to the promises of the Old Law. undecided

4. See response #1. Those things you listed are meant to take place at the time of the resurrection when Jesus Christ returns for only His Jewish flock. The Eternal Temple is meant to be built then too. undecided
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:53am On May 28, 2022
MindHacker9009:

IT'S NOT OK UNTIL IT'S OK cheesy: For you to know the REAL MESSIAH:

The only way you can prove that Jesus of Nazareth is not the real Messiah to me is just by presenting the nation of complete twelve tribes known as "Israel"
Because according to Jesus of Nazareth Israel has been condemned {Matthew 21:43; 23:37-38} meaning they will be scattered never to come back again as a nation. Luke 11:23
So until you're able to find the twelve tribes nation of Israel Jesus Christ of Nazareth remains the one and only authentic Messiah! Matthew 16:13-16 smiley

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 4:48pm On May 28, 2022
The twelve tribes are scattered all over the world and when the REAL MESSIAH comes He will gather all of them back together. And even your Messiah has also stated about coming back and sitting upon twelve thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. James 1:1

"ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matthew 19:28

MaxInDHouse:

The only way you can prove that Jesus of Nazareth is not the real Messiah to me is just by presenting the nation of complete twelve tribes known as "Israel"
Because according to Jesus of Nazareth Israel has been condemned {Matthew 21:43; 23:37-38} meaning they will be scattered never to come back again as a nation. Luke 11:23
So until you're able to find the twelve tribes nation of Israel Jesus Christ of Nazareth remains the one and only authentic Messiah!
Matthew 16:13-16 smiley

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:41pm On May 28, 2022
MindHacker9009:
The twelve tribes are scattered all over the world and when the REAL MESSIAH comes He will gather all of them back together.

So you can wait until then but we are busy now gathering faithful people throughout the earth under the control of Jesus Christ of Nazareth! wink
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 11:45am On May 31, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
So you can wait until then but we are busy now gathering faithful people throughout the earth under the control of Jesus Christ of Nazareth! wink

You said the 12 tribes of Israel "will be scattered never to come back again as a nation". But there are still some of them today and Jesus Christ stated that "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things" they "shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matthew 19:28.

But you believe the tribes of Israel have been scattered never to come back again as a nation. Don't you see you are wrong and not following what Jesus Christ has promised.

What kind of faithful people are you gathering? Until you show a gathering of people that is like the one Jesus Christ expects, if not not the people you are gathering is not for Jesus Christ.

MaxInDHouse:

So until you're able to find the twelve tribes nation of Israel Jesus Christ of Nazareth remains the one and only authentic Messiah!
Matthew 16:13-16 smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50pm On May 31, 2022
MindHacker9009:

You said the 12 tribes of Israel "will be scattered never to come back again as a nation". But there are still some of them today and Jesus Christ stated that "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things" they "shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matthew 19:28.
But you believe the tribes of Israel have been scattered never to come back again as a nation. Don't you see you are wrong and not following what Jesus Christ has promised.
What kind of faithful people are you gathering? Until you show a gathering of people that is like the one Jesus Christ expects, if not not the people you are gathering is not for Jesus Christ.

Before Jesus' arrival the nation of Israel has turn into two regions the northern ten tribes known as "Samaritans" and the southern two tribes with the priestly tribe known as Jews.
According to what was written in the laws God gave them through Moses the Israelites will be scattered never to return if they abandon the covenant God made with them:

"And I will scatter you among the nations, and I will unsheathe a sword after you; and your land will be made desolate, and your cities will be devastated". Leviticus 26:33

So when Jesus talked to his disciples judging the twelve tribes of Israel {Matthew 19:28} he wasn't talking about the faithless nation anymore rather he was referring to faithful people from different races throughout the world who will become descendants of Abraham through faith not birth! Matthew 3:9 compare to Matthew 8:11

What was expected of ISRAELITES when the Messiah (Christ) comes?
They're to go preaching zealously and teaching people throughout the earth about God's Kingdom which the Christ will establish, that's what could have drawn people throughout the world to them {Zechariah 8:23} but they rejected the Christ so they were cursed! Matthew 21:43; 23:37-38

So never again will a nation call "Israel" come together again with all the twelve tribes as God promised them. Remember God's promise to Abraham was transferred to Isaac and from Isaac to Jacob but as for the promise of God's Kingdom it was to be for the nation as a whole not in part, therefore since they've been scattered among the nations nothing is going to bring them back.

Listen to what they told Pontius Pilate (Roman governor) who was totally CONFUSED when they were determined to kill Jesus:

At that all the people said in answer: “Let his blood come upon us and upon our children" Matthew 27:25

So my friend, that nation has lost it that's why you're seeing Jehovah's Witnesses organization gathering people throughout the earth, teaching them what God promised in the Bible, settling all their racial disparities, diverting their resources into production of food and information materials, erasing racism, politics and military services from their hearts and convincing them in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth to vow never to raise weapons against their fellowman again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

This is what was expected of the Israelites had it been they accepted the teachings of Jesus Christ! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
Jesus Christ told his 12 disciples not to go into the way of the Gentiles. So the twelve thrones Jesus Christ was referring to will be in the nation of Israel and not for the people you are gathering.
Jesus Christ stated that "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things" they "shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matthew 19:28.

Matthew 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

MaxInDHouse:

Before Jesus' arrival the nation of Israel has turn into two regions the northern ten tribes known as "Samaritans" and the southern two tribes with the priestly tribe known as Jews.
According to what was written in the laws God gave them through Moses the Israelites will be scattered never to return if they abandon the covenant God made with them:

"And I will scatter you among the nations, and I will unsheathe a sword after you; and your land will be made desolate, and your cities will be devastated". Leviticus 26:33

So when Jesus talked to his disciples judging the twelve tribes of Israel {Matthew 19:28} he wasn't talking about the faithless nation anymore rather he was referring to faithful people from different races throughout the world who will become descendants of Abraham through faith not birth! Matthew 3:9 compare to Matthew 8:11

What was expected of ISRAELITES when the Messiah (Christ) comes?
They're to go preaching zealously and teaching people throughout the earth about God's Kingdom which the Christ will establish, that's what could have drawn people throughout the world to them {Zechariah 8:23} but they rejected the Christ so they were cursed! Matthew 21:43; 23:37-38

So never again will a nation call "Israel" come together again with all the twelve tribes as God promised them. Remember God's promise to Abraham was transferred to Isaac and from Isaac to Jacob but as for the promise of God's Kingdom it was to be for the nation as a whole not in part, therefore since they've been scattered among the nations nothing is going to bring them back.

Listen to what they told Pontius Pilate (Roman governor) who was totally CONFUSED when they were determined to kill Jesus:

At that all the people said in answer: “Let his blood come upon us and upon our children" Matthew 27:25

So my friend, that nation has lost it that's why you're seeing Jehovah's Witnesses organization gathering people throughout the earth, teaching them what God promised in the Bible, settling all their racial disparities, diverting their resources into production of food and information materials, erasing racism, politics and military services from their hearts and convincing them in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth to vow never to raise weapons against their fellowman again! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

This is what was expected of the Israelites had it been they accepted the teachings of Jesus Christ! smiley

1 Like

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus Christ told his 12 disciples not to go into the way of the Gentiles. So the twelve thrones Jesus Christ was referring to will be in the nation of Israel and not for the people you are gathering.
Jesus Christ stated that "Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things" they "shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Matthew 19:28.

Matthew 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

YES! Because the Messiah (Christ) had no direct business with people of other nations, rather it's the descendants of Israel (Jacob) that were supposed to take the good news of God's Kingdom to other nations after the Messiah has taught them.
Note that even among the Israelites Jesus still separated the Jews as special because they're the ones still keeping the scrolls of all the prophets while the Samaritans only knew and acknowledged few books, that's why he first excluded Samaritans from his ministry! John 4:22
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:46am On Jun 03, 2022
God has commanded: Not to add to the Torah commandments or their oral explanations. (Deuteronomy 13:1)
Not to diminish any commandments from the Torah, in whole or in part. (Deuteronomy 13:1)

So to show you are wrong, God won't punish the Israelites like you quoted from the Old Testament for not keeping the Mosaic Law and then send a Pharisee from Tarsus to teach the Jews and Gentiles that righteousness no longer comes through the Mosaic Law but through Jesus Christ who is not the Messiah mentioned in the Old Testament that is to come and do the following three things, in this order. After that Elijah returns.

Bring all Jews to Israel as it is said “and I shall gather my people unto me.

Did not happen.

MaxInDHouse:

MaxInDHouse:

YES! Because the Messiah (Christ) had no direct business with people of other nations, rather it's the descendants of Israel (Jacob) that were supposed to take the good news of God's Kingdom to other nations after the Messiah has taught them.
Note that even among the Israelites Jesus still separated the Jews as special because they're the ones still keeping the scrolls of all the prophets while the Samaritans only knew and acknowledged few books, that's why he first excluded Samaritans from his ministry! John 4:22
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:35am On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:
God has commanded: Not to add to the Torah commandments or their oral explanations. (Deuteronomy 13:1)
Not to diminish any commandments from the Torah, in whole or in part. (Deuteronomy 13:1)

The law you quoted only applies to the Israelites and whoever wants to join them in worshiping their God but when the Messiah comes that law does not bound on him because he will be sent to TEACH them something totally different from the Torah {Deut 18:18-19} so the Torah is valid until the arrival of the Messiah afterwards it's the Messiah's teachings they're to embrace over the Torah. Note that the Torah came after the death of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph. So it's purpose wasn't for global use rather it was meant to guide the Israelites until Messiah arrives, that's why Samaritans never agreed with Jews because the believe that when the Messiah (Christ) comes he will explain what the Torah is all about to them! John 4:25

So to show you are wrong, God won't punish the Israelites like you quoted from the Old Testament for not keeping the Mosaic Law and then send a Pharisee from Tarsus to teach the Jews and Gentiles that righteousness no longer comes through the Mosaic Law but through Jesus Christ who is not the Messiah mentioned in the Old Testament that is to come and do the following three things, in this order. After that Elijah returns.
Elijah's assignment is just to prepare the people's minds towards the arrival of the Messiah {Mala 3:1; 4:5} of course Israelites including Jesus' disciples questioned him over Elijah's presence {Matt 17:10} Jesus opened their minds that John the baptist has played that part! Matt 17:11-13

Bring all Jews to Israel as it is said “and I shall gather my people unto me.
Now this is where WISDOM comes in: Jews were just two tribes with the Levites so what happens to the rest of the ten tribes of Israel?
Well my friend according to further research "Jews" were later adopted as the only faithful nation serving the true God so when the scriptures mentioned Jews it simply means faithful people throughout the world that will be assembled to worship God shoulder to shoulder with one accord {Zephaniah 3:9} not natural JEWS {Romans 2:29} that's why you can't find Jews coming together to agree on how they should apply the Torah!

How do you think he could establish peace without the cooperation of those who will benefit from the provision? smiley
So the Messiah must first establish a campaign which will help gather peace loving people under one umbrella {Isaiah 2:2-4} before destroying those who refuses to embrace his peace campaign! Daniel 2:44 compare to Luke 19:27

Did not happen.
The Messiah is God's representative so according to Malachi 3:1 when the Messiah comes it will be like God Himself passing through Israel. Matt 3:11
So Elijah is supposed to prepare the arrival not to work with him! Mala 4:5

There you go my friend, no elected politician elected can rule with iron rod {Psalms 2:9; 110:2} meaning his government can't be democratic which is man's choice but divine which has nothing to do with imperfect man's wishes!

Jews simply connotes faithful people throughout the earth and the eternal temple means pure worship which was intended to fulfill what was written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated at Micah 4:1-3

Which reads:

In the last days the mountain of the LORD’s temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

This will not be achieved by a military force but God will send His Holy Spirit {Joel 2:28} to establish it {Zecha 4:6} right in the middle of global confusion when faithless people are starving for spiritual guidance {Amos 8:11} so that honest hearted individuals can see that the true God is WORKING with His people JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matt 5:14-16 smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:11am On Jun 03, 2022
Western civilisation and their laws are based on some of the Mosaic Law. Even the state of Israel today is not based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and only 2% of the population are christians.

If you have data to watch Jewish Rabbis on youtube you will know the Jews have a proper understanding of their Torah and that the New Testament is just based on Greek and Roman philosophy. Drinking the blood and eating the flesh of Jesus Christ are pagan practice of Greek, Roman and other kingdoms outside of Judasiam.

Only the 613 Mosaic Laws https://www.jmu.edu/dukehallgallery/exhibitions-past-2018-2019/the-613-mitzvot.shtml are practicable in the world and some of the this is what is practiced by most countries in the world today. The New Testament is just a corruption of the Hebrew Scriptures by Greek and Roman philosophers to control gullible people and it has nothing to do with the coming Messiah in the Torah.

MaxInDHouse:

The law you quoted only applies to the Israelites and whoever wants to join them in worshiping their God but when the Messiah comes that law does not bound on him because he will be sent to TEACH them something totally different from the Torah {Deut 18:18-19} so the Torah is valid until the arrival of the Messiah afterwards it's the Messiah's teachings they're to embrace over the Torah. Note that the Torah came after the death of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph. So it's purpose wasn't for global use rather it was meant to guide the Israelites until Messiah arrives, that's why Samaritans never agreed with Jews because the believe that when the Messiah (Christ) comes he will explain what the Torah is all about to them! John 4:25 
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:36am On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Western civilisation and their laws are based on some of the Mosaic Law. Even the state of Israel today is not based on the teachings of Jesus Christ and only 2% of the population are christians.
The world today is fast approaching the endtime. Before now even African traditions have laws related to the Torah because people generally know that hurting their fellowman is evil and that's what 90% of the Torah is built upon! Mark 12:31
So don't think they're all copying what the Torah says but they're just using human thinking to set standards on right and wrong!

If you have data to watch Jewish Rabbis on youtube you will know the Jews have a proper understanding of their Torah and that the New Testament is just based on Greek and Roman philosophy. Drinking the blood and eating the flesh of Jesus Christ are pagan practice of Greek, Roman and other kingdoms outside of Judasiam.
There are lots of rival groups among the Jews right from the first century until now, each is only interested in power so they're diplomatic about what they teach in order to gain the support of their fellow Jews, whereas Jesus' teachings gave no room for selfish cravings so majority even in his time disagreed with him!

The Messiah will teach in parables {Isaiah 6:10; Jeremiah 5:21; Ezekiel 12:2} so his usage of things the Jews aren't used to is a proof that they need to calm down in order to understand his teachings otherwise they will loose out and that's exactly what happened to that nation! Daniel 12:10

Only the 613 Mosaic Laws https://www.jmu.edu/dukehallgallery/exhibitions-past-2018-2019/the-613-mitzvot.shtml are practicable in the world and this is what is practiced by most countries in the world today. The New Testament is just a corruption of the Hebrew Scriptures by Greek and Roman philosophers to control gullible people and it has nothing to do with the coming Messiah in the Torah.

The Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament) is the only source of divine guide towards the fulfilment of God's Kingdom on planet earth. The Jews condemned Jesus of Nazareth as their Messiah and the true God has condemned that nation.
Watch and see if anything worthwhile can ever come out of that nation again as long as they rejected Jesus of Nazareth the one and only authentic Messiah sent by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Meanwhile Jehovah's Witnesses are doing well in preparing the minds of people globally in minions and everyone can see the fulfilment of what is recorded in the Bible book Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3

Let's see how Jews can achieve something close to that without Jesus of Nazareth! smiley
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:40am On Jun 03, 2022
You lack knowledge of the Jewish Torah as you are not opportuned to have unlimited fast internet connection 24/7 to watch hours of youtube documentaries on Judaism, Israel, Greek, Roman and western civilisation, so the truth is that you should humble yourself and learn from me. All you know is the New Testament religion forced down the throat of your forefathers after they were conquered by the Europeans to control their minds and it's also controlling your mind today that's why you cannot research with the latest technology to know the true God in the Old Testament and the expected Messiah and not the FAKE pagan messiah that wants you to drink his blood and eat his flesh.

MaxInDHouse:

Elijah's assignment is just to prepare the people's minds towards the arrival of the Messiah {Mala 3:1; 4:5} of course Israelites including Jesus' disciples questioned him over Elijah's presence {Matt 17:10} Jesus opened their minds that John the baptist has played that part! Matt 17:11-13

Now this is where WISDOM comes in: Jews were just two tribes with the Levites so what happens to the rest of the ten tribes of Israel?
Well my friend according to further research "Jews" were later adopted as the only faithful nation serving the true God so when the scriptures mentioned Jews it simply means faithful people throughout the world that will be assembled to worship God shoulder to shoulder with one accord {Zephaniah 3:9} not natural JEWS {Romans 2:29} that's why you can't find Jews coming together to agree on how they should apply the Torah!

How do you think he could establish peace without the cooperation of those who will benefit from the provision? smiley
So the Messiah must first establish a campaign which will help gather peace loving people under one umbrella {Isaiah 2:2-4} before destroying those who refuses to embrace his peace campaign! Daniel 2:44 compare to Luke 19:27

The Messiah is God's representative so according to Malachi 3:1 when the Messiah comes it will be like God Himself passing through Israel. Matt 3:11

There you go my friend, no elected politician elected can rule with iron rod {Psalms 2:9; 110:2} meaning his government can't be democratic which is man's choice but divine which has nothing to do with imperfect man's wishes!

Jews simply connotes faithful people throughout the earth and the eternal temple means pure worship which was intended to fulfill what was written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated at Micah 4:1-3

Which reads:

In the last days the mountain of the LORD’s temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it.
Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore.

This will not be achieved by a military force but God will send His Holy Spirit {Joel 2:28} to establish it {Zecha 4:6} right in the middle of global confusion when faithless people are starving for spiritual guidance {Amos 8:11} so that honest hearted individuals can see that the true God is WORKING with His people JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! Matt 5:14-16 smiley

MaxInDHouse:

The world today is fast approaching the endtime. Before now even African traditions have laws related to the Torah because people generally know that hurting their fellowman is evil and that's what 90% of the Torah is built upon! Mark 12:31
So don't think they're all copying what the Torah says but they're just using human thinking to set standards on right and wrong!

There are lots of rival groups among the Jews right from the first century until now, each is only interested in power so they're diplomatic about what they teach in order to gain the support of their fellow Jews, whereas Jesus' teachings gave no room for selfish cravings so majority even in his time disagreed with him!

The Messiah will teach in parables {Isaiah 6:10; Jeremiah 5:21; Ezekiel 12:2} so his usage of things the Jews aren't used to is a proof that they need to calm down in order to understand his teachings otherwise they will loose out and that's exactly what happened to that nation! Daniel 12:10

The Christian Greek Scriptures (New Testament) is the only source of divine guide towards the fulfilment of God's Kingdom on planet earth. The Jews condemned Jesus of Nazareth as their Messiah and the true God has condemned that nation.
Watch and see if anything worthwhile can ever come out of that nation again as long as they rejected Jesus of Nazareth the one and only authentic Messiah sent by the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Meanwhile Jehovah's Witnesses are doing well in preparing the minds of people globally in minions and everyone can see the fulfilment of what is recorded in the Bible book Isaiah 2:2-4 and Micah 4:1-3

Let's see how Jews can achieve something close to that without Jesus of Nazareth! smiley[/

[quote author=MaxInDHouse post=113426072]

Which reads:

Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:50am On Jun 03, 2022
MindHacker9009:
You lack knowledge of the Jewish Torah as you are not opportuned to have unlimited fast internet connection 24/7 to watch hours of youtube documentary on Judaism, Israel, Greek, Roman and western civilisation, so the truth is that you should humble yourself and learn from me. All you know is the New Testament religion forced down the throat of your forefathers after they were conquered by the Europeans to control their minds and it's also controlling your mind today that's why you cannot research with the latest technology to know the true God in the Old Testament and the expected Messiah and not the FAKE pagan messiah that wants you to drink his blood and eat his flesh.

Lol, so you're a true researcher in your own eyes shey? cheesy

No wahala, keep making your research but don't forget that it's the result that will justify who knows the truth not how much stories, sociology or psychology you study in books! James 2:26 cheesy
Re: Jesus and the Mosaic Law? by MindHacker9009(m): 10:54am On Jun 03, 2022
If you have data to watch a documentary into the origin of the organisation you are so passionate about you will be shocked at what is going on in it that you have no clue about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE3zp9FiyiQ

MaxInDHouse:

Lol, so you're a true researcher in your own eyes shey? cheesy

No wahala, keep making your research but don't forget that it's the result that will justify who knows the truth not how much stories, sociology or psychology you study in books! James 2:26 cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fornication In Church/ church romance, Share Your Experience / I Were Satan This What I Would Do / Fela As A Deity.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.