Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? (2420 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:34pm On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:

The whole thing is irrelevant to you because of your beliefs.
But your life is not irrelevant to you and you would do anything to stay alive for long isn't it
This is really interesting. No one actually wants to die young.

How do you feel knowing that you gonna leave everything you worked hard for behind and your memory will be forgot?

What's the difference between living long (your desire) and dying at a tender age?
Everything is purposeless! Vanity upon vanity.

According to your athiest beliefs here, nothing in this life is worth it. Nothing matters. That's the plain truth.

With the Bible, you would be able to find meaning to life.

Jehovah God, the source of all life will restore the earth and people will live in abundance of peace in it. The righteous that died will be raised and see their loved ones again forever.

The rest that died would remain dead forever. You don't wanna be part of them right?

Would your believing in a God change anything? Of course not!
I don't think it's wise thing to take chances.

You can start studying with the JWs. That's the best advice you may got your entire life.

May you have peace smiley
lol, you just want what you believe to be true
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 9:45am On May 27, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
lol, you just want what you believe to be true
One has to be the TRUTH smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:02am On May 27, 2022
cornelboy:

One has to be the TRUTH smiley
lol, you are funny.
You didn't even want to discuss what I posted. You just wanted what you believe to be true.

Would you like that I make fun of your belief or you discuss genuinely?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 10:28am On May 27, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
lol, you are funny.
You didn't even want to discuss what I posted. You just wanted what you believe to be true.
Would you like that I make fun of your belief or you discuss genuinely?

Your post was too long so I had to cut most of it. I responded to some part though.

What would you get by doing that?
You can do whatever you want bro.

The theory of bigbang and evolution from ape to human are ridiculous. Only a stupid person would believe that.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:21am On May 27, 2022
cornelboy:

Your post was too long so I had to cut most of it. I responded to some part though.

What would you get by doing that?
You can do whatever you want bro.

The theory of bigbang and evolution from ape to human are ridiculous. Only a stupid person would believe that.

really?
Tell me what you understand by evolution?

I want honest responses
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by frank317: 11:44am On May 27, 2022
Steep:

Evidence points to the fact that the universe had a definte beginning and also cannot create itself hence has a creator, you chosed to be ignorant.

Even if evidence points that the universe has a definite beginning, we still dont know that beginning or the cause of the beginning... the idea of God is just a guess work
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by wirinet(m): 12:16pm On May 27, 2022
frank317:

Even if evidence points that the universe has a definite beginning, we still dont know that beginning or the cause of the beginning... the idea of God is just a guess work

We dont even know the extent of the universe. Stephen Hawkins proposed a multi-universe universe. So the beginning we speculate about might just be our own universe.

The James Web Telescope is proposed to find evidence for other universes.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 7:51pm On May 27, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
really?
I want honest responses

Tell me what you understand by evolution?

The believe that living things developed from other earlier form. Specifically human are said to have evolved from apes.

I thought you guys believe only what you could provide testable evidence for.
Your bigbang and evolution theory will always remain an unprovable fact.

Simple question for you:
If humans evolved from animals-from apes, for example-why is there such a huge gap between the intellectual abilities of humans and those of apes?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by wirinet(m): 8:40pm On May 27, 2022
Appeal to ignorance.
cornelboy:

The believe that living things developed from other earlier form. Specifically human are said to have evolved from apes.
We believe living things developed (evolved) from simpler form because that's how everything works in nature. Simplest atom Hydrogen evolved to more complex atoms and the complex atoms evolved to more complex atoms all the way to uranium. Single cells evolved to multicellular organism which further evolved to tissues, organs and systems. Even man made objects like cars, telephones, computers, etc., evolved from simplest forms to the complex forms we have today.

Humans are not said to evolve from apes. Humans are categorised as ape along with gorilla, Bonobos, urangutan and chimpanzees. They all are said to evolve from a common ancestor.

If you have a more plausible explanation for the origin of species and the red shift of distant objects as well as the microwave background radiation, we will be glad to consider it.

Simple question for you:
If humans evolved from animals-from apes, for example-why is there such a huge gap between the intellectual abilities of humans and those of apes?

Survival. Different species evolve different organs and abilities to suit its survival according to environmental factors. Birds evolved wings and flight, elephants evolved size and strength, other apes evolved strength and powerful long limbs to aid its tree dwelling habitat. Humans evolved an enlarged brain, an opposing thumb for making tool and and an upright posture to be able to survive in the hostile savannah of Africa
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:41pm On May 27, 2022
cornelboy:

Simple question for you:
So how do you explain fossils, drug resistance, variations, extinction and the radiometric dating evidence?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 12:41am On May 28, 2022
wirinet:
Appeal to ignorance.
We believe living things developed (evolved) from simpler form because that's how everything works in nature. Simplest atom Hydrogen evolved to more complex atoms and the complex atoms evolved to more complex atoms all the way to uranium. Single cells evolved to multicellular organism which further evolved to tissues, organs and systems. Even man made objects like cars, telephones, computers, etc., evolved from simplest forms to the complex forms we have today.
Humans are not said to evolve from apes. Humans are categorised as ape along with gorilla, Bonobos, urangutan and chimpanzees.
Survival.

Lol. This a joke or what?

Cars, phones and computers evolved randomly themselves Abi? Nobody put them together? cheesy

Humans evolved an enlarged brain, an opposing thumb for making tool and and an upright posture to be able to survive in the hostile savannah of Africa
ROTFLMAO cheesy cheesy

Hostile Savannah Africa?
What about other parts of Africa that are not hostile or Savannah, what did they evolve to adapt to their surroundings?
We have like 7 continents in the world today, each region with its unique environment factors, why are people living in these various regions not evolving different things?

They all are said to evolve from a common ancestor.
Where's the testable evidence?

Birds evolved wings and flight, elephants evolved size and strength, other apes evolved strength and powerful long limbs to aid its tree dwelling habitat.
Different species evolve different organs and abilities to suit its survival according to environmental factors.

Oh now I got your points.

When fish first enter water, it couldn't breathe. It had to survive, so it started growing and evolving gills. That's great. cheesy

Humans and some animals for example started evolving their teeth do that they could eat. Cool cool

Before, birds were just like rats with beak but because of environmental factors, they decided to start growing and evolving wings and gbera.

The list goes on and on cheesy cheesy cheesy

"It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in a creator".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 12:45am On May 28, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
So how do you explain fossils, drug resistance, variations, extinction and the radiometric dating evidence?
The funny thing is some scientists do believe in God.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 4:45pm On May 28, 2022
cornelboy:

The funny thing is some scientists do believe in God.

That's not the question I asked
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 12:19am On May 29, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
That's not the question I asked
I know
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:34am On May 29, 2022
cornelboy:

Lol. This a joke or what?
Cars, phones and computers evolved randomly themselves Abi? Nobody put them together? cheesy
ROTFLMAO cheesy cheesy
Hostile Savannah Africa?
What about other parts of Africa that are not hostile or Savannah, what did they evolve to adapt to their surroundings?
We have like 7 continents in the world today, each region with its unique environment factors, why are people living in these various regions not evolving different things?
Where's the testable evidence?
Oh now I got your points.
When fish first enter water, it couldn't breathe. It had to survive, so it started growing and evolving gills. That's great. cheesy
Humans and some animals for example started evolving their teeth do that they could eat. Cool cool
Before, birds were just like rats with beak but because of environmental factors, they decided to start growing and evolving wings and gbera.
The list goes on and on cheesy cheesy cheesy
"It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in a creator".

The highlighted is why i left atheism back then!
This people thought they're wiser than others who believes in an unseen Creator but then it takes more faith to believe their evolution than a Creator, in fact you must dismiss lots of questions in other to embrace evolution.
Another hilarious part is when some of them claims they have testable evidence! cheesy
The simple truth has been explained in the Bible when God said a spirit being introduced rebellion to the first human pair. So atheism stem from rebellion against the SUPREME BEING in order for lawless people to do away with conscience so they don't have to obey any rule conscientiously until they see how monstrous and fearful the one ordering them no matter how reasonable or benefitial such orders as long as they're not threatened they just want to believe they can choose the other side without feelings of guilt!

Most of them feels it's only religious people that should take beliefs seriously while they will be the ones ridiculing what religionists believes but when they meet me it's the other way around because i often make them see how daft their BELIEVE (TRUST) in evolution really sound! wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by orisa37: 4:56am On May 29, 2022
IN THE TIME BEING, GOD LOVES THEM THE WAY THEY'RE.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by orisa37: 5:00am On May 29, 2022
TO BE PERPETUAL DEMONS THAT'S WHY THEY'RE CREATED UNTIL CHRIST COME BACK.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 6:46am On May 29, 2022
cornelboy:

I know
So why are deviating from the question?

You don't want to discuss it?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 12:40am On May 30, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
So why are deviating from the question?
You don't want to discuss it?
It's pointless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10am On May 30, 2022
cornelboy:

It's pointless.
Instead of searching for God with all their heart the same way they does for money they feel God must come to their room in person because they're important than others so since God never come to ask them what they want they're determined to erase God from the minds of others, and when that seems impossible they'll begin ridiculing others and their faith in God even throwing tantrums out of frustration.
What costs him to speak politely with everyone he knows about God so that the questions in his minds could be answered?
Instead he thought by ridiculing God he can convince others so he is claiming God! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 7:36am On May 30, 2022
cornelboy:

It's pointless.
are you allergic to genuine discuss and the truth?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 4:35pm On May 30, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
are you allergic to genuine discuss and the truth?
Truth that your a family of ape?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 7:31pm On May 30, 2022
cornelboy:

Truth that your a family of ape?
Truth that humans are apes
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 9:16pm On May 30, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Truth that humans are apes
Truth that you evolved from ape to human
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by wirinet(m): 9:38pm On May 30, 2022
cornelboy:

Truth is that you are just too ignorant to start a discussion with. My 10 year old is far more knowledgeable that you. He can at least name all the six continents. He is even aware that fish and other marine creatures came before land animals and would never say "when fish first enter water."

You guys attempt to hide your absolute ignorance with religion and dogmas.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 10:01am On May 31, 2022
wirinet:

Truth is that you are just too ignorant to start a discussion with. My 10 year old is far more knowledgeable that you
How did you know that?

He can at least name all the six continents.
I think your both lacking knowledge. There are 7 continents in the world. I've known that since when I was about his age. cheesy

He is even aware that fish and other marine creatures came before land animals
That's what the Bible says.
and would never say "when fish first enter water."
No human is above mistake and besides English is not my mother's tongue. I never Yoruba finish sef grin
You guys attempt to hide your absolute ignorance with religion and dogmas.
Let's see who's ignorant.

I asked you this question;
"If humans evolved from animals-from apes, for example-why is there such a huge gap between the intellectual abilities of humans and those of apes?"
Your reply;

"Humans evolved an enlarged brain,

Sperm whale for example has the largest brain and yet their intellectual abilities is same as other small fishes.
That means that the size of brain doesn't matter.
Pls where'd got all these your assumptions from? cheesy

an opposing thumb for making tool and and an upright posture to be able to survive in the hostile savannah of Africa"
Ridiculous cheesy
So the people in hostile Savannah of Africa felt like they needed to make tools and they started growing the opposite thumb just like that ROTFLMAO.

Why haven't we been evolving new things since then?
It'd be great if we started evolving wings and fly na cheesy

Are you also saying that the human race started in Africa?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by wirinet(m): 7:51am On Jun 01, 2022
cornelboy:

Sperm whale for example has the largest brain and yet their intellectual abilities is same as other small fishes.
That means that the size of brain doesn't matter.
Pls where'd got all these your assumptions from? cheesy
Intelligence is determined by brain to weight ratio rather than absolute brain size.
https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/why-arent-animals-with-larger-brains-more-intelligent-than-us/amp/

Ridiculous cheesy
So the people in hostile Savannah of Africa felt like they needed to make tools and they started growing the opposite thumb just like that ROTFLMAO.
Not people, Hominids in Africa evolved bi-pedalism (upright stance), opposing thumb among other features for survival among the tall grass of the Savannah. His hands became free to do other tasks apart from walking.

Why haven't we been evolving new things since then?
It'd be great if we started evolving wings and fly na cheesy
Evolution is a very slow process and is driving by environmental factors. You can never notice evolution within one generation and even within 10 generations. As the environment change, a creature must be able to evolve to cope, else the creature will become extinct.
Evolving wings will not aid our survival. We would need to lose bone mass and start living on trees or mountain tops.

Are you also saying that the human race started in Africa?

Are you telling me you are not aware that all humans came from Africa?

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 3:29pm On Jun 01, 2022
cornelboy:

all of us did
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 6:56pm On Jun 01, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
all of us did
That's your believe.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 8:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
wirinet:

Intelligence is determined by brain to weight ratio rather than absolute brain size.
https://www.sciencefocus.com/nature/why-arent-animals-with-larger-brains-more-intelligent-than-us/amp/
I checked all the sites including sciencefocus.com , there are still a lot of inconsistencies.

If humans brain to body ratio is 1:50, what are the brain to body ratio of other apes. I didn't see it on the net.
I don't think the brain to body ratio of apes should exceed 1:60-1:80. It can't still explain the reason why there's huge gap between humans intellectual abilities and those of apes.

Not people, Hominids in Africa evolved bi-pedalism (upright stance), opposing thumb among other features for survival among the tall grass of the Savannah. His hands became free to do other tasks apart from walking.
Love your fairy tales. They are ridiculous tbh.

Evolution is a very slow process and is driving by environmental factors. You can never notice evolution within one generation and even within 10 generations. As the environment change, a creature must be able to evolve to cope, else the creature will become extinct.
Evolving wings will not aid our survival. We would need to lose bone mass and start living on trees or mountain tops.
How you guys were able to know what happened millions of years ago is what I'm still wondering about

Are you telling me you are not aware that all humans came from Africa?
It would remain a theory. It can't be proved as facts.

There are how many continents in the world today, 6 or 7?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
cornelboy:

That's your believe.
That's what evidence says. It doesn't matter if you like it or not.
Can you disprove the evidence?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
That's what evidence says. It doesn't matter if you like it or not.
Can you disprove the evidence?

Where's is the evidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Toneyb, Majaze And Tudor Produces An Alternative To Creationism And The Bible. / Joseph Zacchello: The Priest Who Found Christ / Naturalistic Pantheism And Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.