Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,440 members, 7,958,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? (2710 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep(m): 10:07am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
sorry dude, big freeze is not a fact, it's a hypothesis. You will know if you actually did real science in school. It's not fact, it hasn't been tested.
Stop crying brethren cheesy

Mr. Big freeze the evidence. Welcome to online science class.
Today we going to try to sink the difference between hypothesis and a scientific theory in the your fanatic thick skull.

We also going to tell your that your God is a myth cheesy
Clown, that the universe is dying is not an hypothesis nor a theory, there is evidence.

A universe that dies can't create itself. fact. All you are posting are just speculations otherwise called hypothesis no proof or evidence.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:14am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Clown, that the universe is dying is not an hypothesis nor a theory, there is evidence.

A universe that dies can't create itself. fact. All you are posting are just speculations otherwise called hypothesis no proof or evidence.
Show me the evidence for big freeze. Show me.

I need you stress your brain.
Lets talk science. Present the evidence for big freeze and how it syas that matter will be destroyed cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:15am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
you are disgracing yourself. Stop mentioning science you know nothing.
Show me evidence that big freeze will destroy matter.

Show me the evidence for testing big freeze cheesy

You think science is like the myths in the Bible? cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:17am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
see how dumb you comparing chemical reaction to universe losing energy. Matter can be destroyed in nuclear reaction.
according to our dear illiterate, if a freezer freezes then matter has been destroyed. If the universe freezers, matter has been destroyed according to oga big freeze cheesy
[/quote] Matter was created and it will be destroyed.
As a matter of fact matter can be converted to energy meaning matter can be destroyed.

[/quote]matter cannot never be created nor destroyed. It's a law that you will be forced to obey cheesy

Your God does not exist. The universe is eternal according to that law cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:20am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Illiterate, it's like saying Abiogenesis is a fact. Is not fact, it a working hypothesis. While most people believe it's plausible, no one can test it to be true yet in science. That's what big freeze is. No evidence yet.

And I don't even see how it mean matter will be destroyed. You are typical religious moose, you make claims and then you start to cherrypick fake evidence to back your claims cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Show me the evidence for big freeze. Show me.

I need you stress your brain.
Lets talk science. Present the evidence for big freeze and how it syas that matter will be destroyed cheesy

Ecclesiastes 7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2022

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:40am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Ecclesiastes 7:6 For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool: this also is vanity.
Evidence for big freeze is not in the Bible cheesy
I will disgrace you for ever having to insult me on this thread first. You lack home training and I will teach you home training here cheesy

You also lack school training and that's why you don't know science cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 10:41am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
Illiterate l, the 3rd theory.
Like we have 3 of it.
Even your article suggested that big freeze is based on an axiomatic thermodynamic equilibrium(I know you don't know what this means). You don't get it because you are illiterate cheesy

How is something based on axioms any evidence? Did you fail English as well?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Illiterate l, the 3rd theory.
Like we have 3 of it.
Even your article suggested that big freeze is based on an axiomatic thermodynamic equilibrium(I know you don't know what this means). You don't get it because you are illiterate cheesy

How is something based on axioms any evidence? Did you fail English as well?
Continue to wail.

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:04am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Continue to wail.

even it big freeze where true, how does that prove the destruction of mattern?

Are you running?
You don't want to discuss science or you are incapable of discussing it? cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep(m): 11:07am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
even it big freeze where true, how does that prove the destruction of mattern?

Are you running?
You don't want to discuss science or you are incapable of discussing it? cheesy
Who is running?

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:31am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Who is running?

So where the evidence for it?

Or you don't know what evidence is?

And how does it says that matter will be destroyed. Get on with the evidence ASAP and stop posting the same claim all over again.

I will humbly change my mind If you show me the evidence for the claim in the screenshot. I'm not dogmatic but you can't show me cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:34am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Who is running?

I have another claim for you. The big rip

I even have a screenshot of it but no evidence like your big freeze cheesy

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:37am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Who is running?

yet another one, the big bounce cheesy
I also have a screenshot of it but no evidence.

I think even a simpleton will agree with me that posting screenshot from a website is not how to demonstrate evidence.
What's the testable evidence for your big freeze?

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep(m): 11:38am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
So where the evidence for it?

Or you don't know what evidence is?

And how does it says that matter will be destroyed. Get on with the evidence ASAP and stop posting the same claim all over again.

I will humbly change my mind If you show me the evidence for the claim in the screenshot. I'm not dogmatic but you can't show me cheesy
Who says you should change your mind?

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Steep(m): 11:39am On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
yet another one, the big bounce cheesy
I also have a screenshot of it but no evidence.

I think even a simpleton will agree with me that posting screenshot from a website is not how to demonstrate evidence.
What's the testable evidence for your big freeze?

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:40am On May 25, 2022
Steep:
Who says you should change your mind?
See evidence for big rip below then cheesy

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 11:40am On May 25, 2022
Steep:

Evidence for big bounce below cheesy

Since screenshot is your evidence.

There are many of this kind of model

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 25, 2022
Steep:
see how dumb you comparing chemical reaction to universe losing energy. Matter can be destroyed in nuclear reaction.
Matter was created and it will be destroyed.
As a matter of fact matter can be converted to energy meaning matter can be destroyed.

Lol, matter can't be created or destroyed but it can only be converted... You don't destroy matter to convert it nau

Note: I'm not here for y'all religious war talks though.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 7:48pm On May 25, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

I'm glad that you want to have genuine discussion.
I'm on an athiests Vs thiests group on Facebook. I have discussed with lot of them.

I am of the opinion that the universe as a whole doesn't care whether it Harbour life or not.
What did you mean that the universe doesn't care? Does it have feelings?

To me it's like saying "a house doesn't care whether people live in it or not". Of course it doesn't care because it's lifeless.

Are were here today because a lifeless and an unthinking universe made it so?

It does it things
How exactly?
If you studied the way our body work, starting from the simplest cells to various organs, you should see that it didn't happen randomly.
It was planned. A mastermind was behind it.

.. Whether life exist or not doesnt change anything
Doesn't change what exactly?
So how did life start?

However since life exist on earth as far as we know, we have a role to play in the ecosystem. Whatever we do with this life affects the planet and the eixstence of other forms of life.
Would our roles change anything? Does it matter at all?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 5:22am On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:

I'm on an athiests Vs thiests group on Facebook. I have discussed with lot of them.

What did you mean that the universe doesn't care? Does it have feelings?
The universe is not conscious, whether or not life exists, it doesn't care because matter and energy is always conserved and that means it will always be conserved with or without life in it.

To me it's like saying "a house doesn't care whether people live in it or not". Of course it doesn't care because it's lifeless.

Are were here today because a lifeless and an unthinking universe made it so?
We are here today because there are trillions of trillions of trillions of chemical reactions happening at the same time every nanoseconds in the universe and that's mean the probability of one of those chemical reaction starting something we call life is very high.

How exactly?
If you studied the way our body work, starting from the simplest cells to various organs, you should see that it didn't happen randomly.
It was planned. A mastermind was behind it.
In reality, no one except humans care about how your body works. Whether you have life, you are a blackhole, asteroid or star, it doesn't matter. Nothing changes as long as energy and matter is conserved.

Doesn't change what exactly?
So how did life start?
We don't know how life started yet, it doesn't mean that a god did it. We have some clues in Abiogenesis, which is obviously the most logical way to go. We have evidence of precursors of life like nucleotides and amino acids in asteroid. This is a pointer to the fact that Abiogenesis could have happened here on earth or any other place in the universe and then transported here.
The evidence that we have today is that precursors of life can be formed in certain environmental conditions on earth (Muller-Uriel experiment) and we also have evidence that precursors of life have been transported from space to earth which proves that panspermia or pseudo-panspermia is also plausible but in all, we are not certain yet and we cannot say that we know for sure until we have repeatable evidence for it.
We also know that it's possible to make life artificially, since we can make life artificially then it's very possible that life started naturally.
Scientists at JCVI constructed the first cell with a synthetic genome in 2010. They didn't build that cell completely from scratch. Instead, they started with cells from a very simple type of bacteria called a mycoplasma. This means that they synthesized Artificial DNA and then gave it to DNA-less bacteria to started replacing all its features with the instructions encoded in the artificial DNA. They are very close to making a cell from scratch right now. It's a pointer that life started naturally if we can mimic nature to achieve this.
Overall, like I said. In science, we do not reach hasty conclusions, we are always going to be very sure before we make any comment. So get your finger crossed.

Would our roles change anything? Does it matter at all?
considering the enormousness of the universe, we really do not matter.
With the aid of space telescopes and calculations of redshift of light wave, we have been able to figure that we have about trillions of trillions of galaxies in our universe. Our own galaxy is called the milky-way and it has about more than 200billion planetary systems. Our solar system which has the sun as the main source of energy is one of the smallest in the universe because the sun is a red dwarf star (smallest kind of living stars in the universe) . The closest planetary system to our solar system is Proxima centauri and its approximately 4.2light years away from earth( it means that it will take a photon of light 4.2 earth Years to travel from earth to that system) . The farthest object we have sent to space is the voyager 1, it was launched to space in 1977 and since then its yet to leave the solar system even at the speed of 61,500km/hr.
It will take voyager 1 according to my calculations about 16, 000 years to get to proxima centauri at that speed. Does this seem possible?
So how relevant are we if we cannot even send an object to our nearest planetary system today and to be frank with you, I do not see the possibility of Humans ever getting to proxima until we go extinct. It's thermodynamically almost impossible. How do you fuel the spaceship? How will we protect it from balstering radiation in space for that long?
How can we travel so close to the speed of light so we can get there in less than 5years? (this one is the most impossible because we will need an infinite amount of energy to move an infinite amount of mass. Because the faster an object moves, the heavier it becomes. At the speed of light, an object achieves infinite mass which means you need an infinite amount of energy to move it), where would you see infinite energy to get to proxima centuari in 4years? It's even crazier knowing that traveling at the speed of light makes you heavier than the universe. cheesy
If you consider all these, I don't think humans are special. With or without humans, universe will conserve energy and nothing changes.
Humans can only make a difference on earth and maybe in future on Mars. Seriously, that's the farthest we can go in my opinion.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by wirinet(m): 7:05am On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:
God doesn't exist, so how did the universe came to be?
Knowing how the universe came to be is unknowable. Even you have no idea.

cornelboy:

As an athiest, what's your view about life?

Life is. We just find ourselves in it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 1:41pm On May 26, 2022
wirinet:

Knowing how the universe came to be is unknowable. Even you have no idea.
Life is. We just find ourselves in it.
What's the purpose of life then? Do you think life just start and we humans could do anything we like?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by wirinet(m): 1:55pm On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:

What's the purpose of life then? Do you think life just start and we humans could do anything we like?
I believe everyone should determine the purpose of his own life. My own purpose is to survive and leave a legacy for my children.

I don't care how life started, the reality is that it started.
Yes we human can do anything we like, except the human is physically medically or mentally restricted. In fact humans have been doing anything they like since the beginning of time.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 2:56pm On May 26, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

The universe is not conscious, whether or not life exists, it doesn't care because matter and energy is always conserved and that means it will always be conserved with or without life in it.
You are right that energy would be conserved without life or not.

If there wasn't life, the conservative of energy and bla bla bla would be useless. We wouldn't even be here to discuss it.

The earth is the home for living things, life. What we need to survive and live like water, oxygen, food, sunlight, energy etc were already available in the universe. Life can't do without them.
My conclusion is; there is a mastermind behind the whole thing.
The earth was created to be the home for life and everything needed for survival was also provided in it.

We are here today because there are trillions of trillions of trillions of chemical reactions happening at the same time every nanoseconds in the universe and that's mean the probability of one of those chemical reaction starting something we call life is very high.

It seemed you have answered my question about how life started. It's doesn't make sense to me though.
Most athiest believe that the bigbang actually happened, but you seem to say that there was high chance that it could start life but it didn't.

It's easier for me to believe that man was created directly by an intelligent being than man evolved from one form to another.

Orderliness can't come from disorderliness.
Like intelligent life couldn't be started from an uncontrolled chemical reaction.

Everything was planned. wink
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 2:59pm On May 26, 2022
wirinet:

I believe everyone should determine the purpose of his own life. My own purpose is to survive and leave a legacy for my children.
I don't care how life started, the reality is that it started.
Yes we human can do anything we like, except the human is physically medically or mentally restricted. In fact humans have been doing anything they like since the beginning of time.

It's doesn't make sense that life happened randomly

Do you think life could come from something lifeless (chemical reaction)?
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by wirinet(m): 3:07pm On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:

It's doesn't make sense that life happened randomly

Do you think life could come from something lifeless (chemical reaction)?

So it makes sense that a certain humanoid called God happened randomly and then created life systematically?

Something must have come from something lifeless to kick-start life or existence, whether it's God, the universe itself or some other phenomenon. Another theory worth considering is the universe has no beginning or ending.

Having said all these, the whole thing is irrelevant to me. Life exist and I am alive and I am trying to stay alive for as long as possible.
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:

It's doesn't make sense that life happened randomly Do you think life could come from something lifeless (chemical reaction)?
They know it doesn't make sense but they will prefer to look away as they just want to please themselves even though the consequences may be disastrous.

Note how this person responded:

My own purpose is to survive and leave a legacy for my children.

What legacy can you leave behind when you're the sole determinant of the choice you make in life?
How do you compel another person (child) to accept such a legacy when the child also believe he/she should be the sole determinant of his/her choice in life?

They are simply progressing towards their end because a time will come when the children they're breeding will not regard them anymore after all they're doing whatever they like, why should they set standards for the up coming generation? smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by FatherOfJesus: 4:22pm On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:

You are right that energy would be conserved without life or not.

If there wasn't life, the conservative of energy and bla bla bla would be useless. We wouldn't even be here to discuss it.

The earth is the home for living things, life. What we need to survive and live like water, oxygen, food, sunlight, energy etc were already available in the universe. Life can't do without them.
My conclusion is; there is a mastermind behind the whole thing.
The earth was created to be the home for life and everything needed for survival was also provided in it.

It seemed you have answered my question about how life started. It's doesn't make sense to me though.
Most athiest believe that the bigbang actually happened, but you seem to say that there was high chance that it could start life but it didn't.

It's easier for me to believe that man was created directly by an intelligent being than man evolved from one form to another.

Orderliness can't come from disorderliness.
Like intelligent life couldn't be started from an uncontrolled chemical reaction.

Everything was planned. wink
lol
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by cornelboy(f): 7:54pm On May 26, 2022
wirinet:

So it makes sense that a certain humanoid called God happened randomly and then created life systematically?
Something must have come from something lifeless to kick-start life or existence, whether it's God, the universe itself or some other phenomenon. Another theory worth considering is the universe has no beginning or ending.
Having said all these, the whole thing is irrelevant to me. Life exist and I am alive and I am trying to stay alive for as long as possible.
The whole thing is irrelevant to you because of your beliefs.
But your life is not irrelevant to you and you would do anything to stay alive for long isn't it
This is really interesting. No one actually wants to die young.

How do you feel knowing that you gonna leave everything you worked hard for behind and your memory will be forgot?

What's the difference between living long (your desire) and dying at a tender age?
Everything is purposeless! Vanity upon vanity.

According to your athiest beliefs here, nothing in this life is worth it. Nothing matters. That's the plain truth.

With the Bible, you would be able to find meaning to life.

Jehovah God, the source of all life will restore the earth and people will live in abundance of peace in it. The righteous that died will be raised and see their loved ones again forever.

The rest that died would remain dead forever. You don't wanna be part of them right?

Would your believing in a God change anything? Of course not!
I don't think it's wise thing to take chances.

You can start studying with the JWs. That's the best advice you may got your entire life.

May you have peace smiley
Re: Why Do Atheists Make Fun Of Religion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:26pm On May 26, 2022
cornelboy:

Would your believing in a God change anything?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, it will surely change one thing:
The FREEDOM to be whatever character they choose to be in order to conform to the way their cohorts are going! Matthew 7:13-14
So it's honest hearted and law abiding people who will be thinking about a standard that should guide us all, as for sons of this system of things they don't want such so they're wiser in their own eyes {Luke 16:8} because they're only interested in what they can see that's why they don't care about law and order unless they're forced to abide.
We are not like these workers of INIQUITY! Matthew 7:23 smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Secret £14million Bible Unearthed / Christianity Vs Worldly Songs / Who Is The God Of Chosen? – A Python!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.