Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? (30865 Views)

Is It Still Cheaper To Cook At Home Against Eating Out? / Nigerians Spent ₦4.6 Trillion Eating Out In 2019 / Are You Tired Of Market Hustling Before Cooking Or Having An Event? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Ewroghene1(m): 7:48am On May 26, 2022
Sageez:
For me wey no de like keep soup for long, eating out is the best.

Breakfast: tea and bread at home.
Launch: soup and eba (eat out) N400
Dinner: beans (eat out) N200
E for good if na so e be for real life...
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by PHINAS2016(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2022
I prefer cooking to eating out... And I hardly eat out since the day I discovered that the woman who sells garri adds limestone to it to make the garri rise , so many nonsense outside there served in the name of food.
I cook varieties and save them in my freezer and can eat anyone at anytime.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Sageez(m): 8:11am On May 26, 2022
Ewroghene1:

E for good if na so e be for real life...

Are you in ph? If you are, then it is possible. Just avoid those big class overrated restaurants and you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Streetmovement(m): 8:14am On May 26, 2022
skywalker240:

Wetin Man go do

Sometimes when I go to work at a site very far from my residence, I'll buy their food

God go see us through

Wotoporiously cool speaking

On God

No lies
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by UnknownGonemen: 8:59am On May 26, 2022
Buhari has changed the order of things
If you don't get it forget about it.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Moredays78(m): 10:08am On May 26, 2022
Not a bad idea at all if seen the right woman
ashewoboy:

Another angle here. You wan marry?
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Kayvee6(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2022
Eating outside would ease the stress of cooking, but who knows vendors that are not using juju? Meanwhile, if you are the type that doesn't only eat fresh food, cooking once daily is economical, all you need is microwave, maybe refrigerator.
Tallesty1:
Hard to tell now. The reason I still prefer cooking to eating out is because that's the only way I can be SURE of what I am eating.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by gevans(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2022
ashewoboy:

Why?
It's easier for me. I don't have time to cooka and I don't eat late food.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by genii96(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2022
skywalker240:

When you cook soup and Stew with 4k as a single man it will last you 4days,

When you spend 1k5 for four day's then you'll agree with me that cooking is better on the long run

Ok, soup and stew, for 4k for 4 days, I am going to assume all the meat is included too?

So, the rice/yam/eba you also buy and cook, you don't count that cost?

This is also assuming you only want to eat the exact same thing for 4 days, if not, you end up buying both rice and yam anr potato, etc

Now I am also assuming you have a freezer so you dont need to warm both the Stew and soup everyday too

1k is enough to feed you for a day at an eatery, no one is talking about fancy restaurants

Bread+beans+meat can't pass 350 tbh, and this will fill you up well

#300 rice, #100 plantain, ponmo/meat for #100 at the evening

Then ofcourse you can change your menu, fufu+soup, #300-#350

Then whatever you eat at night
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Dshocker(m): 6:23pm On May 26, 2022
Stallionhorse:
Try eating in mega chicken for one week 3 times a day.. Then come and tell us how your account looks like..

Who eats there everyday?
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by OvertheTop(m): 6:47pm On May 26, 2022
skywalker240:

When I was a still a single bachelor, i don't even buy up to that figure and it last me a month and some weeks

Bros,
We are Talking of Present day Cost where 1 Sachet of Tomato is now 200.
you cannot compare Today to Yester years.....

I hope you get what I mean...
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by GloriousGbola: 7:23pm On May 26, 2022
Acidosis:

Mega chicken sef is the cheapest place to eat in Lagos. grin With N700, you get a plate of rice (jollof or fried) with chicken (drumstick).

Usually, when people make this sort of comparison, na iya basira or mama fejiro level o.

Chicken Republic has entered the chat
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by ashewoboy(m): 8:22pm On May 26, 2022
genii96:

Ok, soup and stew, for 4k for 4 days, I am going to assume all the meat is included too?

So, the rice/yam/eba you also buy and cook, you don't count that cost?

This is also assuming you only want to eat the exact same thing for 4 days, if not, you end up buying both rice and yam anr potato, etc

Now I am also assuming you have a freezer so you dont need to warm both the Stew and soup everyday too

1k is enough to feed you for a day at an eatery, no one is talking about fancy restaurants

Bread+beans+meat can't pass 350 tbh, and this will fill you up well

#300 rice, #100 plantain, ponmo/meat for #100 at the evening

Then ofcourse you can change your menu, fufu+soup, #300-#350

Then whatever you eat at night

You eat out?
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by hotplate: 11:01am On May 27, 2022
Nanorest:

Shut up I am in Benin and meat is 100 Naira. I don't spend more than 400 Naira to eat well in a local restaurant

where in a benin city? even 2super pack indomie and egg is more than #400
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by weedfada(m): 2:30pm On May 27, 2022
Allisgud:
for a single guy,na food u come chop for Lagos,this is supposed to be for a family of 4 husband and wife 2 children

This shii cracked me up tho cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by aalangel(f): 5:04pm On May 27, 2022
ashewoboy:

You sound like a wife material. Come and cook for me. I like youcheesy.

Lolzzz....married with 3 lovelies...
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by ashewoboy(m): 6:00am On May 28, 2022
aalangel:

Lolzzz....married with 3 lovelies...

Be my friend nacheesy. Let me check you out whether you are in the market abi you are no more appealing. I'm in your mailcheesy.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by aalangel(f): 6:53pm On May 28, 2022
ashewoboy:

Be my friend nacheesy. Let me check you out whether you are in the market abi you are no more appealing. I'm in your mailcheesy.

Nope. I'm a media personality. I won't reveal my identity.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by genii96(m): 7:30am On May 30, 2022
ashewoboy:

You eat out?

I did during nysc 2 years ago when I stayed alone

Now I stay with a family member
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by ashewoboy(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2022
genii96:

I did during nysc 2 years ago when I stayed alone

Now I stay with a family member

How did you cope? Through out, you did not cook? Where did you serve? Which state? Was your allowance enough to cater for your feeding?
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by genii96(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2022
ashewoboy:

How did you cope? Through out, you did not cook? Where did you serve? Which state? Was your allowance enough to cater for your feeding?

Served in Ibadan, Oyo
I didn't cook no

Yea it was enough for my feeding. Food os cheap on Ibadan, #500 a day allowed me get 2 square meals a day
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Hausa(m): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2022
ashewoboy:

You no see sey she don marry.
Can a married woman still be in the market?
Or am I missing something?
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by ashewoboy(m): 6:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
Hausa:
You no see sey she don marry.
Can a married woman still be in the market?
Or am I missing something?

It means she looks good. I want to be eating her work, regardless.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by AmuRubber(m): 12:02am On Dec 23, 2022
Bluezy13:
Eating out is more cost effective.

Additionally, you get to eat varieties.

For example,
You can use N3,000 to cook a restaurant standard soup minus Eba. Then you keep eating the same soup over and over.
But with that N3,000, you can eat rice, okro soup, eat melon, eat bitterleaf soup at different times plus garri in a restaurant or mamaput depending on your location...if we are to assume a plate of food to be N500. You can add extra if you want.

Notwithstanding the gas, water, stress and time used to cook that food. And imagine warming a pot of soup over and over for someone without a refrigerator or electricity let alone the cost of fuel and maintenance of generator if inclusive.

But if two or more persons are involved, cooking is preferable.

It is worthy of note that the criterion for judgement here is relating eating out to cooking considering a particular amount of money.
Re: Cooking Or Eating Out As A Single Person? Which Is More Cost Effective? by Oberhiri141(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2022
Eating out is better for me o because, if the food were to be in the house i go just dey chop, dey chop anyhow without any guidelines.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Dodo (fried Plantains) Gallery. / Ogbono Soup With Step By Step Pics / See The Water Yams We Bought For 1,500 Naira In Yakurr LGA, Cross River State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.