Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling (58698 Views)

EFCC Operatives Surround Okorocha’s House / Pascal Okechukwu: How EFCC tracked down Cubana Chief Priest / Thugs Attack Ihedioha's Recovery Team At Okorocha's House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Cognitivereason: 11:28am On May 25, 2022
franchasofficia:
Even if he looted public funds, the manner of arrest is foolish and shameful. It rather make people that were supposed to be supporting his arrest and prosecution to start pitying and supporting him.

We are not animals na. Why treat a serving senator as an animal just because you claim you want to arrest him, what now becomes the fate of ordinary citizens?

Things should be done the right way following international standard so Nigeria can move forward but unfortunately Hausa-Fulanis have been dragging Nigeria backwards with their barbaric, tribalistic and biased leadership style in Nigeria. Things need to change, Nigerians need to stand up against these useless acts of so called law enforcement agents, it bastardizes our law and its enforcement by making people to rather pity corrupt politicians instead of supporting their prosecution

You mentioning Hausa Fulani..are u better than them...you think if a Yoruba man heads the system it will change...you talk hypocritically like when Gej And OBJ ruled..this is not the same system during their time...

Ur talking about Hausa using tribalism...you referring to a whole tribe as the problem of Nigeria.. doesn't that make you tribalistic..so removing bawaa being from the north and puting an Igbo man means change in system....

The reason why Nigeria is like this is because folks like I can't reason beyond tribe and religion...show to me any agency of government ran by southerners and christians that is far better... hypocrite.. EFCC and NDLEA became hyperactive as soon as maruwa and bawaa got the opportunity to lead despite the fact that they are from the north..stop being cynical

When next you mention the statement
."Nigerians should rise up"... Note that It include every tribe including Hausa Fulani..

Now to the main issue...

What is the right way security operatives should engage in arresting a public criminal who has ignored formal invitation and locked all his bullet proof doors and windows leading to his hide out

Let start from here
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Cognitivereason: 11:33am On May 25, 2022
erniok:

Without warrant? No wonder your country is a shithole. Everywhere else in the civilized world, the process is get a warrant from a judge and then no one would have complained. What he jumped was administrative bail which has no beating in law.

Don't be daft..

How are you sure the operatives didn't carry a warrant...
You conclude that from watching a few minute clip

I am pretty sure the same EFCC that formally invited him to his office carried a former request from the court because the theif is also wanted by the court..

Even with a warrant and the okorocha guy still locked him sef indoors..u expect the operatives to wait outside and be looking like fools rather than burst in and arrest the culprit..

You are only sympathetic cuz is a politician

Let It be a case of a kidnapper or ritualist...I can bet your life that you won't remember the word warrant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by franchasofficia: 11:40am On May 25, 2022
Cognitivereason:

You mentioning Hausa Fulani..are u better than them...you think if a Yoruba man heads the system it will change...you talk hypocritically like when Gej And OBJ ruled..this is not the same system during their time...

Ur talking about Hausa using tribalism...you referring to a whole tribe as the problem of Nigeria.. doesn't that make you tribalistic..so removing bawaa being from the north and puting an Igbo man means change in system....

The reason why Nigeria is like this is because folks like I can't reason beyond tribe and religion...show to me any agency of government ran by southerners and christians that is far better... hypocrite.. EFCC and NDLEA became hyperactive as soon as maruwa and bawaa got the opportunity to lead despite the fact that they are from the north..stop being cynical

When next you mention the word
."Nigerians"... Note that It include every tribe including Hausa Fulani..
Nigeria's current leadership problems didn't start today, neither did it start with OBJ.

The Hausa-Fulanis that ruled Nigeria under military regimes shaped Nigeria negatively the way it is today. They are the architect of Nigeria's woes of today. Nigeria is still struggling to come out of the military paper they gave Nigeria as 1999 constitution that favored mostly Northern Nigeria in all things.

How did they create states in all Geopolitical zones and deemed it fair to create just 5 in Southeast, all over the world, states are not created based on land mass, but they used land mass as excuse to create more states in the North than south.

They intentionally removed several Igbo speaking communities in Southeastern states and placed them in Southsouth and some in Benue, why? Just to ensure Southeast is shortchanged. This makes North to have more senators and reps at the national assembly chambers thereby holding a grip on Nigeria in every affair no matter the tribe of the President under democracy, North have greater say cos of the ill foundation they laid under decades of militaty rule.

Police, Army, Immigration, Prisons, Customs, FRSC, etc recruitments North produces more due to same bad foundation from military regime and making the North to dominate the law enforcement of Nigeria thereby indoctrinating Nigeria into their bastardized ways of law enforcement which combines the barbaric Sharia law mentality with civilized law enforcement and Policing.

The North laid the negative foundation Nigeria has been operating under today. Public fund looting without remorse was championed by Northern military heads of states and their chosen criminal allies from other tribes and gradually this became a norm in Nigeria.

So that was my reason for blaming Hausa-Fulanis for the mess Nigeria is today.

You asked for the right way to arrest an accused politician of public fund looting?

First you must admit that such a politician is innocent until proven guilty by a competent court of law operating under the Nigerian constitution.

But is that the case here? Even you have already concluded that he is a criminal without court conviction which is also same barbaric approach yout law enforcement agents operate making law enforcement in Nigetia a joke.

First if his so called arrest wasn't politically motivated, why haven't they arrested him all these while, why wait for few days to APC Presidential election primaries he is a candidate to?

Haven't they been seeing him move around Abuja and Imo State?

It is because of the barbaric, foolish ways Nigerian law enforcement agents carry out their arrests that make every Nigerian to be scared of handing themself in when they come cos they will manhandle you first even though you are still a suspect.

In saner climes, you don't do that. The suspect enjoys all respect as a citizen until proven guilty by court not treating the suspect like a condemned criminal. Even a condemned criminal still enjoy some respect until the execution day in saner countries.

You Nigerian youths should stop cheering and endorsing nonsense just because the person being victimized isn't you or your relative or ally.

Mind you, I dislike Rochas and support his prosecution but this anti corruption war should not be selective or tribalistic, let it be whole and we all will applaud them

2 Likes

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Bigfish121(m): 11:44am On May 25, 2022
He has been evading efcc for long.

egoldman:

He said they had no warrant, in the absence of warrant, they had no right to enter or brake into his house.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by GreyLaw(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2022
daewoorazer:

You have no iota of sense.

So because of his former title, he demands special treatment?

I’m not justifying what EFCC did, but next time, don’t rate him based on his titles!

Everywhere in this world whom you are matter a lot. You cannot just walk to Governor De Santis' or former governor Arnold Swarzenegger's or Sarah Palin's home by breaking in. They are not murderers and are not bearing arms.

Okorocha cannot escape if they want to deal with him. They will deal with him and nothing will happen. So why not go to his house use a siren and announcer to ask him to come out. If he refuses then for so long then they can break break the door.

Going through the roof is terrible. Those guys in the EFCC are thieves. They also make money from politicians and criminals.

Well, it's Nigeria. Anything goes.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Cognitivereason: 12:25pm On May 25, 2022
franchasofficia:
Nigeria's current leadership problems didn't start today, neither did it start with OBJ.

The Hausa-Fulanis that ruled Nigeria under military regimes shaped Nigeria negatively the way it is today. They are the architect of Nigeria's woes of today. Nigeria is still struggling to come out of the military paper they gave Nigeria as 1999 constitution that favored mostly Northern Nigeria in all things.

How did they create states in all Geopolitical zones and deemed it fair to create just 5 in Southeast, all over the world, states are not created based on land mass, but they used land mass as excuse to create more states in the North than south.

They intentionally removed several Igbo speaking communities in Southeastern states and placed them in Southsouth and some in Benue, why? Just to ensure Southeast is shortchanged. This makes North to have more senators and reps at the national assembly chambers thereby holding a grip on Nigeria in every affair no matter the tribe of the President under democracy, North have greater say cos of the ill foundation they laid under decades of militaty rule.

Police, Army, Immigration, Prisons, Customs, FRSC, etc recruitments North produces more due to same bad foundation from military regime and making the North to dominate the law enforcement of Nigeria thereby indoctrinating Nigeria into their bastardized ways of law enforcement which combines the barbaric Sharia law mentality with civilized law enforcement and Policing.

The North laid the negative foundation Nigeria has been operating under today. Public fund looting without remorse was championed by Northern military heads of states and their chosen criminal allies from other tribes and gradually this became a norm in Nigeria.

So that was my reason for blaming Hausa-Fulanis for the mess Nigeria is today.

You asked for the right way to arrest an accused politician of public fund looting?

First you must admit that such a politician is innocent until proven guilty by a competent court of law operating under the Nigerian constitution.

But is that the case here? Even you have already concluded that he is a criminal without court conviction which is also same barbaric approach yout law enforcement agents operate making law enforcement in Nigetia a joke.

First if his so called arrest wasn't politically motivated, why haven't they arrested him all these while, why wait for few days to APC Presidential election primaries he is a candidate to?

Haven't they been seeing him move around Abuja and Imo State?

It is because of the barbaric, foolish ways Nigerian law enforcement agents carry out their arrests that make every Nigerian to be scared of handing themself in when they come cos they will manhandle you first even though you are still a suspect.

In saner climes, you don't do that. The suspect enjoys all respect as a citizen until proven guilty by court not treating the suspect like a condemned criminal. Even a condemned criminal still enjoy some respect until the execution day in saner countries.

You Nigerian youths should stop cheering and endorsing nonsense just because the person being victimized isn't you or your relative or ally.

Mind you, I dislike Rochas and support his prosecution but this anti corruption war should not be selective or tribalistic, let it be whole and we all will applaud them
Date is why I said u are not better than those who u deem the cause of Nigeria woos...
Anticorruptiom war only becomes selective and tribalistic when it comes to arresting an Igbo politician.. when the arrest of the accountant general and Abba kyari was made... Folks like u never came out to shout tribalism...but when day dreaded looter called uzor kalu and now okorocha.
Igbo people will be boiling tribalism

It funny how you mention north and think of only Hausa Fulani

.go and educate urself on the diversity of the north.. the fact that u see almost all appearing the same in dressing and caps doesn't mean they belong to one ethinic tribe..senators ,reps ,governors from kogi ,nassarawa,niger even jos dress exclusively like average northerners but are not in anyway Hausa or Fulani by tribe...many are kanuri, igala,gwari etc and do not in any way relate them to Hausa...the common factor amongst them is that they are majorly Muslim and wear agbada and their Muslim cap...
Yoruba people who are Muslim dress the exact way but are not Hausa by tribe but remain yoruba..

Despite the diversity of the south we are majorly christians as well..the difference is date christians do not have a distinctive or strict way of appearing compared to Muslim...learn and understand this fact
I am Igbo by tribe ...and I completely agree with the unbalance in LGA allocation to state and state creation it self...
But it a big lie if you say such stone can't be unturn...
It you think so..let start with this fact which southern senator or house of rep member has seriously moved for bill to change dat..
Even when Igbo people where senate president for more than 16 years...did any of them say anything..
You can only accuse the northern senators if the a bill of such was moved to balance state creation and they collectively rejected it...

When discussion began about the creation of Adada state from enugu and ebonyi...did u see ohanaeze making noise like it does today to ensure the senate look into it..did u here anything from any of the 5 eastern gov... But today Ohanaeze is screeming Igbo president as if that is the vital problem in SE politics ..

When everybody was shouting that North will never allow any state have their own state police or an independent security operatives governed by state..

The entire SW gov came together and pushed it the FG and it was granted...Some problems are xclusively the fault of Igbo people..

I will not speak on public fund looting.. because every Sane person knows that no tribe is clean
The problem is that there is little checks and balances in the system..
Hope u are aware dat a southern speaker in rivers state looted over 400bn..

In western countries...
If the police visit you to arrest you with a warrant and you lock your doors..they will break it or destroy anything that will lead them to taking you by force..

EFCC breaking the ceiling isn't wrong as far as they have legal backing to arresting okorocha who is proofing resistance ..

Ignore any mistake ...I can't proofread...
Peace
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by BabaIbo: 1:04pm On May 25, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

What did he do?
If you don't mind. Share with us.

I wish I can but it is now past bro, I don't want to go back to it.

I suspected the architect of it all to be his Aide(PA) named Abdul, I think from Kogi state, but I have handed it over to God and moved on since then.

Thank God for life!

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by NaijaCars4sale: 1:19pm On May 25, 2022
This is weird
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by zomby(m): 1:52pm On May 25, 2022
All these bastards claim that they were very wealthy before they were elected to their various political positions….BUT THE TRUTH IS, A REAL NIGERIAN WEALTHY MAN DOESN’T HAVE TIME FOR POLITICS…HE WOULD RATHER FOCUS HIS 100% ATTENTION TO GROWING HIS BUSINESSES AND MAKING MORE MONEY.
Only a FAKE rich man (thief) goes into politics in Nigeria to steal money.

They all should burn in hell!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Rohzay(m): 2:17pm On May 25, 2022
When he was sitting on pensioners money for years, alot of them died because of lack of money to treat themselves
I can remember how many times those old people protested at government house owerri, I was there and witnessed 2 pensioners drop dead at iicc owerri,, still yet he did absolutely nothing to help them
More tribulations await you Rochas okoroawusa�
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by egoldman(m): 2:53pm On May 25, 2022
Bigfish121:
He has been evading efcc for long.

Which is wrong, but does that justify braking into someone's how without warrant.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by erniok(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Don't be daft..

How are you sure the operatives didn't carry a warrant...
You conclude that from watching a few minute clip

I am pretty sure the same EFCC that formally invited him to his office carried a former request from the court because the theif is also wanted by the court..

Even with a warrant and the okorocha guy still locked him sef indoors..u expect the operatives to wait outside and be looking like fools rather than burst in and arrest the culprit..

You are only sympathetic cuz is a politician

Let It be a case of a kidnapper or ritualist...I can bet your life that you won't remember the word warrant

Sympathetic because he is a politician? Now you are the daft one.
My stand is let due process be followed. On this same forum, we've read reports even from the incident involving a journalist that EFCC came to their residence without any warrant. They have obviously been acting as though they are above the law, invading people's privacy without any warrant.
I stated it and still stand by it, administrative bail has no legal weight.
Since Jan, Okorocha has not been locked in-doors and as such could have been picked up with a warrant.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Bigfish121(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2022
The beat thing he would have done is to open the door.The did not come to search his house,that is what requires a warrant.

egoldman:

Which is wrong, but does that justify braking into someone's how without warrant.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by egoldman(m): 5:01pm On May 25, 2022
Bigfish121:
The beat thing he would have done is to open the door.The did not come to search his house,that is what requires a warrant.

Don't support illegality as it may be your turn tommorow, what happened in Rochas house can not be justified in any court of law. This is why they call us zoo because no one and especially the government obeys the law.

Having said that, Rochas hands are likely not to be clean.

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by kelvine(m): 7:16am On May 26, 2022
Last paragraph as well as others so powerful.
I was once a "I believe in Nija"

AfroKnight:
Shameful actions by shameless agents.

They can treat a former governor like this, someone who is a card carrying member of the APC! Okay, imagine how they would treat you an ordinary citizen.

Now you know that no amount wealth can save you from indignity in Nigeria. No matter your affluence, police can still harm your reputation and your body and they will get away with it.

This country is governed by crime lords.

Some people say they will choose Nigeria always even when opportunity to leave comes their way. I laugh cos that money they think they will make by sharp practices here, it will not save them!

It won’t save them when Nigerian soldiers flog their wives or shoot their children. That money will not save them when EFCC breaks into their hotel room while naked in bed. That money will not save them from stray bullets or daylight traffic robbery while police officers look on, collecting egunje at a nearby bus stop as robbers go from car to car.

Your wealth is only useful when the systemic incompetence of the country hasn’t chosen you as the next victim. But don’t hold your breath.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Labour Party Names Doyin Okupe As VP Candidate / Buhari Hosts Heads Of States To Lunch At Aso Villa After Inauguration(pics) / Some Legislators Refusing Screening At Airport – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.