Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,659 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling (58676 Views)

EFCC Operatives Surround Okorocha’s House / Pascal Okechukwu: How EFCC tracked down Cubana Chief Priest / Thugs Attack Ihedioha's Recovery Team At Okorocha's House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by sphinixs2: 6:34am On May 25, 2022
Afrogist247:
See FULL video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWOjdLbFdzw

See him shouting God come to my rescue here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnPXnPBa8vM

I don't know why but this video made me laugh. God come to your rescue, he prays, power belongs to God... Politics is a dirty game: he who decides to play it should prepare for whatever. The rich use money to oppress and still want to use social media to curry sympathy. It is a simple thing, you are invited by the police: honour the invitation. Isn't the former Governor of Anambra a human being? Did he allow himself to be humiliated this way? If only Efcc crowns its activities with convictions and not allow its cases to suffer technicalities.... If only!
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by AfroKnight: 6:35am On May 25, 2022
legionISproteus:
This drama was done for the show so you will think your money cannot make you untouchable. There are some power brokers in Nigeria that EFCC dares not try this nonsense with. They also want you to know that Rochas is a small boy in Nigeria

What I said has nothing to do with Rochas as a person, but the fact that if they were this lawless in arresting a member of the ruling party, then ordinary citizens should expect far much worse treatment.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by alizma: 6:36am On May 25, 2022
Sagefromtheeast:

Why are they there without a warrant? Must they break in?
You didn't answer my question, the question is why did he not honor the invitation all this while?
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by HarunaWest(m): 6:37am On May 25, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
This is bad. They should have gone to pick him up at the Presidential screening instead
Wouldn't that be more disgraceful? How we think in this country bothers me alot. This man was served an invite, he didnt honour it and yall are asking why EFCC broke into his house.. They were in his house since morning, but he refused to open his door cos he feels he is now bigger than Nigeria. That's the problem we have in our country. The very wealthy have attained god like status. They have become untouchables.

1 Like

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Chicastle: 6:39am On May 25, 2022
I go buy one lion and two dogs when I become like this
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Naija4love(m): 6:43am On May 25, 2022
Excelboi:
This is embarrassing for a former Governor and also a serving senator. If he believes it was an illegal entry, let him sue them before a court of law.
check that picture down.

Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Nobody: 6:51am On May 25, 2022
franchasofficia:
If truly Nigeria is fighting corruption nobody will complain.

But how is Efcc and Buhari fighting corruption when same Buhari freed Dariye, Tinubu is walking free despite the bullion van saga plus several petitions against his Alpha beta lying fallow at efcc offices, and plenty other rogues like Oshiomole, Babachir Lawal, etc, etc all walking free and a known criminal like Hope Uzodinma forcefully installed as Imo Governor against Imo people's will and yet you have the conviction that this is about fighting corruption.

Honestly you black people, especially Nigerians are the most foolish and gullible humans on earth.

Tell me how many ex Governors from the North or politicians who occupy most of Nigeria's federal positions and loot money with wreckless abandon have been embarrassed like this or like they embarrass Southern politicians ?

The EFcC has always been a weapon to suppress and stifle opposition in this country but if the opposition wasn't corrupt, Would EFCC Intimidate them?
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by abuwidad(m): 6:54am On May 25, 2022
We all know it's all a sham. I mean after all the brouhaha he is still gonna be set free. He looted Imo to the marrow so let the embarrassment serve as his punishment.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by SanctifiedSista(f): 7:06am On May 25, 2022
Unless you understand the reason behind this event, you'd likely be selling yourself as uninformed or tribalistic. Okorocha was invited by the EFCC in January but he continued to dodge them until when he needed to appear before his party's interview for the presidential primaries today. Meanwhile, the judge handling his case was so pissed off by the endless adjournments caused by Okorocha's non appearances in court that he gave an ultimatum to the EFCC: bring him to court or the case would be struck out. That's exactly what Okorocha was praying for. The man who wants to be our President in 2023 has no explanation for how over N2bn was able to disappear from the Imo state's coffers whilst gov. Unknown to him, EFCC officials had been monitoring his movements since January. He refused all entreaties and several invitations to appear in court and even jumped bail! He refused all attempts to be served warrant of arrest. Instead he chose to hide in the bathroom while waiting to give world press conference. Those blaming EFCC would need to explain why a former public officer looking to become President would behave in this manner. Okorocha chose to disgrace himself by behaving as if he's above the law of the land. People like him deserve to be permanently banned from holding public office coz they're untrustworthy and a disgrace to the public good. This is not about being Igbo; it's about being an upright man willing to do as he says. We all know that Nigerian politicians are hard of hearing and if Okorocha was allowed to go scot-free, then the whole point of bringing destiny destroyers to justice would be defeated. We need a strong system coz we all love to bend the rules to our favours. It's in our characters as Nigerians and that's why everything is a mess right now. Don't support Okorocha, he's part of the mess we are fighting against
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by autodevice(m): 7:27am On May 25, 2022
Ok
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by zikter(m): 7:29am On May 25, 2022
BigTableShaker:
All cos he's not Hausa/Fulani.

He should carry his cross tho.
una don start with tribal bigotry. Remind me of accountant general's tribe again. I guess he is not hausa/fulani. why did Rochas refused to honor the terms of his administrative bail? Instead he chose to hole up in his house instead of going to clear his name. People like you are giving this rogues opportunity to always misbehave.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by berrystunn(m): 7:34am On May 25, 2022
Benjaniblinks:
The kingdom of Rochas sufferet violence and violence taket it by force undecided. He should have opened the door for them to come in na

I thought so too, if I'm the one I will open the door.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by erniok(m): 7:35am On May 25, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Oga the EFCC did the right thing...
In any part of the world .. if u reject a formal invitation from security over a crime.. they have the right to come to ur door to look for you ...if you deny Dem right to arrest you...the security has 100% right to engage force even if it mean digging ur soakaway to get to u..

The okoroawusa guy knew it was EFCC ..then why give them a hard time rather than surrender..
Without warrant? No wonder your country is a shithole. Everywhere else in the civilized world, the process is get a warrant from a judge and then no one would have complained. What he jumped was administrative bail which has no beating in law.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by afamaustin(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2022
So he can fear like this.that is nice let them suffer the way ordinary man HV been suffering.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Nobody: 8:09am On May 25, 2022
Harmskion:
Well he should have a taste of what the ordinary man dey see every day for efcc hand

Illegal breaking and entering of peoples home without remorse
Efcc needs to be tamed for real
The best comment so far. I pray those at the top keep suffering what the common man experiences on a norm.. When dey hold public office they will begin to use their position to fight good else we all continue to suffer the consequences
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by franchasofficia: 8:09am On May 25, 2022
Heathrow44:

The EFcC has always been a weapon to suppress and stifle opposition in this country but if the opposition wasn't corrupt, Would EFCC Intimidate them?
Even if he looted public funds, the manner of arrest is foolish and shameful. It rather make people that were supposed to be supporting his arrest and prosecution to start pitying and supporting him.

We are not animals na. Why treat a serving senator as an animal just because you claim you want to arrest him, what now becomes the fate of ordinary citizens?

Things should be done the right way following international standard so Nigeria can move forward but unfortunately Hausa-Fulanis have been dragging Nigeria backwards with their barbaric, tribalistic and biased leadership style in Nigeria. Things need to change, Nigerians need to stand up against these useless acts of so called law enforcement agents, it bastardizes our law and its enforcement by making people to rather pity corrupt politicians instead of supporting their prosecution
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Nobody: 8:11am On May 25, 2022
Cognitivereason:

Oga the EFCC did the right thing...
In any part of the world .. if u reject a formal invitation from security over a crime.. they have the right to come to ur door to look for you ...if you deny Dem right to arrest you...the security has 100% right to engage force even if it mean digging ur soakaway to get to u..

The okoroawusa guy knew it was EFCC ..then why give them a hard time rather than surrender..
Look at this peasant that hasn't left the shores of the cursed nation once. Keep displaying your foolishness
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by RussellRutherfo: 8:17am On May 25, 2022
GLeesMODEL:
ABUJAPRESS reports that a video of how EFCC Operative broke into the house of APC senator, Rochas Okorocha has emerged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHbndLRTJ_A

the video which was a live recording, the officers were seen breaking in through the ceiling to arrest the senator who was accused of jumping bail and failing to honour the invitation of the anti-graft agencies at different times.

How the attempt started through the bullet proof doors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74UcCKySW_w

I am not a fan of Rochas and most of these corrupt politicians but is this right vandalizing someone's property to arrest him?

They could easily mount 24/7 surveillance on him and arrest when he steps out for an occasion or something.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by remitarich(f): 8:41am On May 25, 2022
EFCC IS EVEN CREATING SOCIAL MEDIA CONTENT
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by RussellRutherfo: 8:47am On May 25, 2022
BabaIbo:
If I am to consider what Rocha's did to me after we had an agreement and he dissapointed me, I will pray he experience more of this, but I won't do that.

I hope he gain his freedom soon.

What did he do?
If you don't mind. Share with us.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Excelboi(m): 9:24am On May 25, 2022
daewoorazer:

You must have inherited senselessness from ur English teacher. The fact that you can’t express yourself concisely in English is terrifying.
Foool, get away if you can't express yourself in a mature manner. I have valuable things to do with my time. Last time I'm replying you!!! Senseless people everywhere. angry
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Sagefromtheeast: 9:41am On May 25, 2022
Reflect7:

If it was a northern or western governor being apprehended for corruption, would you care about warrant or no warrant?

Hypocrite.

Drop dead!
Did I talk to you?
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Agugbadin: 9:48am On May 25, 2022
He is paying for stealing public funds.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Dakimsa: 10:03am On May 25, 2022
This is bad
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by usah4(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2022
Redpill1:
Naso we dey area today dey roast one Pitbull one Muslim guy con talk sey the hooded jalamia wey I wear dey roast pitbull na blasphemy angry
That guy don japa commot before boys go nack am wotowoto
Hooded jalamia wey I buy with my money

Why you no catch the bushmeat roast am join??
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by akwaabanaija: 11:15am On May 25, 2022
Latheb:
Na wa

Okoroawusa deserves this, he robbered Imo people he should face it. No sympathy for him
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by MrSquint: 11:21am On May 25, 2022
This is uncivilized, this looks like what colonial masters would do to slaves and the rest of us would gather together to sing the usual "kumbaya my Lord"...

Nigerian Politics/Politicians

And we still no know the Main problem of Nigeria ?
Nigerian Youths ARISE and take back your country.
Re: How EFCC Broke Into Rochas Okorocha’s House Through The Ceiling by Cognitivereason: 11:21am On May 25, 2022
Elchapo212:

Look at this peasant that hasn't left the shores of the cursed nation once. Keep displaying your foolishness
LoL.. so I need to travel out to understand how these things works....pls rest..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soldier Professes Love For Wife With Bullets. Photo / Bola Tinubu And Nana Akufo-Addo, President-Elect Of Ghana Pictured Together / Kashim Shettima Shares Photo Of His Undergraduate Days In UNIMAID (1989)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.