Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? (51245 Views)

Degi: Bayelsa State APC Group Asks For Senator's Resignation From Senate / Dapo Abiodun Meets Gbenga Daniel, After His Resignation From Politics / Dino Melaye, Reno Omokri Mock Shehu Sani Over Resignation From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Ventura1: 7:19pm On May 25, 2022
Obi will fail if he becomes the President with PDP, he knew, part of the reason he dump them probably to see other parties that can accommodate his manifesto and input.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by specialmati(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin grin and some people that obi left pdp we must ground this country since our best cant be seen in position only thieves
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Afamed: 7:19pm On May 25, 2022
kponkedenge:
He didn't miscalulate. He can't win under PDP. If he runs alongside Kwankwaso under NNPP, they will win.

Where are the structures of NNPP in Nigeria to have thought of winning Presidential election?
You joke a lot

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by maestroferddi: 7:19pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:

I am talking about general election.

How do you convince people in the remote part of Oyo to vote NNPP? What structure does NNPP have in those areas to inform voters and what incentive is there to push them to thumb-print?

Most of those voters that vote usually do that for parties. Because they have people right there in that locality holding sway since God knows when. So beside the notoriety of candidate in the city/social media, they need that party to be recognized in rural areas. NNPP don't have that.

That is exactly why error votes from party with name identical with PDP/APC are more than the combined vote of the third force parties in the last election.

Bro, twitter is different from real election.
Oga name recognition is a key factor in popularity....

The so-called two biggest political parties are in a state of flux.

A third force can supplant them...

It is going to be tough but it is not impossible.

The seismic fallout of APC primaries is yet to hit the political landscape.

It is certainly going to be interesting but PDP will only have themselves to blame...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by pharmaking: 7:20pm On May 25, 2022
Please who is peter obi and where is he from?

Was peter ever in the race?

Alaye no wan spend small money we remain, u dey here dey talk miscalculate.

Shior!!!

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Afamed: 7:20pm On May 25, 2022
Ventura1:
Obi will fail if he becomes the President with PDP, he knew, part of the reason he dump them probably to see other parties that can accommodate his manifesto and input.
Obi has no electoral value beyond Agulu.

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by oyeb15: 7:20pm On May 25, 2022
Atiku vice is coming from South South or South West.

It's either Wike Or Senator Olujimi
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by VIKTO83(m): 7:21pm On May 25, 2022
My fellow Igbos who out of Myopic and bad politicking caused lots of hatred all in d name of supporting Obi will now have nowhere to fall back to.
The Ignos5njst like Obi have no single stroke to Nigeria politics and it calls for crying.
I weep for us.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 25, 2022
Penguin2:
Having seen the resignation letter of Peter Obi from PDP which confirmed his exit from the party and withdrawal from the party’s presidential race, I’m tempted to question the rationale behind that decision.

I’m an ardent supporter of Peter Obi but I think that if he has truly resigned from the PDP, then he has goofed; it’s a complete faux pax for him.

Because I do not see any other platform that can possibly grant him victory in the general election.

Remaining in PDP would have guaranteed either the presidential ticket or vice presidential ticket which would have brought him closer to the presidency.

As we wait to confirm if this is fake or true, and to know Obi’s next move, I make bold to say that this decision, if confirmed, was a miscalculation.
I am having a good laugh at you guys who have attacked me because of this fraud. Obi Pandora is a fraud. I have been saying it all along. What happened is that they had something on him. That's it.

Obi Pandora is a fraud. Know it and know peace. You are a careless man to have fallen for that fraud. The whole handwriting is on the wall, but you were busy hailing how saved 3 sisters. Lol. He was a governor for 8 years and he could thousands of sister, but he chose not to. Its when he wants to be the president he suddenly turned to Mr. SAVER. lol. grin and then many other funny things he did.

Obi Pandora is a fraud. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by NaijaCars4sale: 7:21pm On May 25, 2022
I find this news shocking
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by nku5: 7:22pm On May 25, 2022
Peter Obi is a very shrewd person. His own party was against him,from godfathers to foot soldiers so instead of wasting time he stepped aside to settle into his new party and build momentum towards 2023.

I can bet he's already gotten assurances of the ticket from another platform....I like his guts
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by LegendHero(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2022
maestroferddi:
Oga name recognition is a key factor in popularity....

The so-called two biggest political parties are in a state of flux.

A third force can supplant them...

It is going to be tough but it is not impossible.

The seismic fallout of APC primaries is yet to hit the political landscape.

It is certainly going to be interesting but PDP will only have themselves to blame...

You guys no dey learn.

Nigeria political history should tell you what I am saying is factual.

So you think since 1979, no third force candidate is as popular as Peter Obi to win outside their region?

No third force can upset election except the big parties collapse to form another one. Then all their structures are inherited by the new party.

2 Likes

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Ebubu3: 7:22pm On May 25, 2022
Ngorbungor:

Embarrassed as in what? I don't understand,

If you listen to his interview with suliaman, he indirectly said he will leave PDP, when the guy asked him about gang-up in PDP.

The funny thing is that many Nairalanders don't listen before they talk, small children every where.

What do you know ? He is leaving PDP without assurance of president or Vice President. Rest
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by OmoOshodi(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2022
K
Afamed:
The Pandora thief has no ball
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by pharmaking: 7:22pm On May 25, 2022
PDP can never win Presidential elections in this Nigeria again.

We have told u before.

APC is here to stay. We go nowhere

4 Likes

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by LegendHero(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2022
hopexter:

Something must have pushed him off his beloved party, Whatever it is, I know Obi is hurting but still have to move on and be strong.

I’ve never liked PDP and I still don’t know why the South east are so bent on supporting PDP.
I know for sure that if Peter Obi leaves, PDP is finished in Southern Nigeria undecided

PDP will still win the SE.

Either with Peter Obi or not. The only thing here might be voters apathy from his supporters.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 25, 2022
either they have opened Peter Obi File in the EFCC, or the PDP has been hijacked by Wike and goons and he doesn't see any light at the tunnel of ever passing through the primaries, so he has decided to port and at least get a fighting chance,

1 Like

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Golan007: 7:23pm On May 25, 2022
Aforxzy:
My thought exactly.

Nigerian politricks is not for the feeble minds. It's all about money and more money. .

The delegates are about the highest spender.

Obi can't and won't be able to beat the likes of Saraki, Atiku and others where money is involved.

I wish him all the best in his political career.

Is your name Afoke?
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by specialmati(m): 7:24pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:
He is probably going to NNPP.

What I now don't know is who will be the VP or Presidential candidate between him and Kwakwanso.

If Kwakwanso will be the Presidential candidate & Obi VP; Then Obi is a big fool because he would have had more chance with being VP to Atiku in PDP.

If Obi will be the presidential candidate and Kwakwanso the VP; Then I like that even tho they will still lose the election. But at least he made a statement.

Only that the Kwakwanso I know will not be VP to Obi Pandora.
grin grin grin grin grin you must be an old man to they wish atiku to nigeria.no old man is going to be the president of nigeria again get that no matter the party
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Chidex50(m): 7:25pm On May 25, 2022
Mr writer it's the best decision. Both APC AND PDP needs not smell that seat again. Suffer never do you? It's not about getting power,What do you do with it?
This Country needs urgent cleansing and it can't come from either PDP or APC. So,take down tour posts. It's never just about getting power but saving the soul of Nigeria.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by onuman: 7:26pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:
He is probably going to NNPP.

What I now don't know is who will be the VP or Presidential candidate between him and Kwakwanso.

If Kwakwanso will be the Presidential candidate & Obi VP; Then Obi is a big fool because he would have had more chance with being VP to Atiku in PDP.

If Obi will be the presidential candidate and Kwakwanso the VP; Then I like that even tho they will still lose the election. But at least he made a statement.

Only that the Kwakwanso I know will not be VP to Obi Pandora.

One certainty: once again,
Atiku's presidential
ambition has finally grounded PDP's quest to produce a successor to President Buhari, if Peter Obi's resignation from PDP is true.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by MartinsD12(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2022
Penguin2:
Having seen the resignation letter of Peter Obi from PDP which confirmed his exit from the party and withdrawal from the party’s presidential race, I’m tempted to question the rationale behind that decision.

I’m an ardent supporter of Peter Obi but I think that if he has truly resigned from the PDP, then he has goofed; it’s a complete faux pax for him.

Because I do not see any other platform that can possibly grant him victory in the general election.

Remaining in PDP would have guaranteed either the presidential ticket or vice presidential ticket which would have brought him closer to the presidency.

As we wait to confirm if this is fake or true, and to know Obi’s next move, I make bold to say that this decision, if confirmed, was a miscalculation.
It's not miscalculation anywhere obi popularity was giving PDP and Atiku nightmares they gang up against obi
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by totosucker(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2022
Yes. He miscalculated
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by hopexter(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:

PDP will still win the SE.

Either with Peter Obi or not. The only thing here might be voters apathy from his supporters.

Igbos will not vote for PDP if there’s no Igbo candidate to vote for. Some foolish ones will still vote for Atiku cos of mere admiration undecided
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by gulfer: 7:29pm On May 25, 2022
Whomever advised him to resign wanted him to fail cool cool cool cool
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by 12345baba(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2022
Peter obi is going NNPP to become kwakwansos vice
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Samakus(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2022
Is this what happened with Peter Obi's resignation from PDP?

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by 9iceprince(m): 7:30pm On May 25, 2022
Incase it was Tinubu, children of hate would have been saying he is a coward,…Now that your Lord and Saviour don leave PDP, its now you know NNPP is no more Hausa/Fulani party

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by Larryhoover(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2022
Sergio104:

I think he has withdrawn entirely from presidential race

I don't think so... Read the end of the third paragraph, he said "...if the route differs"

The most probable thing is that he is defecting to another party to seek his ambition.
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by 9iceprince(m): 7:31pm On May 25, 2022
hopexter:

Igbos will not vote for PDP if there’s no Igbo candidate to vote for. Some foolish ones will still vote for Atiku cos of mere admiration undecided

You are right, Obasanjo and Yar Adua had Igbo as running mate
Re: Resignation From PDP: Has Peter Obi Miscalculated? by maestroferddi: 7:31pm On May 25, 2022
LegendHero:

You guys no dey learn.

Nigeria political history should tell you what I am saying is factual.

So you think since 1979, no third force candidate is as popular as Peter Obi to win outside their region?

No third force can upset election except the big parties collapse to form another one. Then all their structures are inherited by the new party.

if Peter Obi, Kwakwanso and heavyweight defectors from both PDP and APC come together, they can win this election.

Prior to Buhari's emergence, was it conceivable to dislodge a ruling party in Nigeria?

You better start getting used to emerging realities...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Travelled With Entourage To US And Brussels - Sahara Reporters / Lance Corporal Jibrin Commits Suicide In Yobe / Kiki Osinbajo Shares Photo With A Man, Says She Is Not Single

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.