Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork (20324 Views)

How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. / Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? / From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by frozen70(f): 3:58pm On May 26, 2022
Felimax:
@ 29, you are waiting for Nairaland decision? A graduate!

This country is finished! I won't even expect this from somebody who just did SSCE.

Are you encouraging him or questioning his decision

There is no need for this comment
What about you, have you found your bearing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Elsueno: 3:58pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano go ahead & do ur thing, as a fresh graduate I even packed chicken shyt at a nearby poultry farm just to learn d trade...Made lots of money using dat knowledge...... Good old days grin grin grin
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by frozen70(f): 3:58pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

You need to calm down bro

I’ll be taking the step anyway

I just want other people view of it

Ignore him, he is not a good adviser

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by dahmie2013: 3:58pm On May 26, 2022
OP this is good. My younger brother is into the business.
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by PENNYSWAP: 3:59pm On May 26, 2022
Ferrytech:
bro learn spamming thank me later. with the current economy of nigeria only thf rich get a good paying job except God _allh_ogun day your back

U Dey spam ?
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by HRMK: 3:59pm On May 26, 2022
GO FOR PHONES AND LAPTOPS REPAIRS!U HOWEVER NEED TO BE THE COOL HEADED CHAP OR U RUN INTO DEBTS FROM DAMAGING CUSTOMERS PROPERTIES!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by ajayiopy: 4:00pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:
Hello everyone, i need your advise about a step I’m about to take

I’m a university graduate from one of the top Federal Universities in the country, my field of study is related to agriculture and since I finished school about 6 years ago all the jobs I’ve been getting isn’t really paying enough, they are mostly farm jobs paying 30-35k at most, I’ve considered setting up myself but tbh I have no back bone and it isn’t easy.

I’m 28 and I’ll be 29 this year then I decided I’ll really need to learn a skill if I want to be relevant in the society because sooner or later I’ll start considering settling down and all.

I tried learning tech stuffs but I have to be honest to myself I’m not a tech person, I try forcing it but no be my way, it’s better to be honest with myself, I’m not the kind of person that likes sitting down staring at screens for long even my phone.

I’m a natural handy person, that’s one of the things made me go to that field of study in school(Agriculture), I learnt a bit aspect of the tech which I enjoy to an extent that is drone piloting but I don’t think that is something I should sit with.

So I’m thinking of learning an handy skill which is why I need your advise, I’m passionate about painting, infact I’m good with it and it’s all self thought but I’l don’t want to go into it full time because I’m scared of height, so I’m considering learning POP and house interior which I’ve taken a step to start learning. I

nfact I have the money to pay and I’ve gotten someone to start teaching me already, why I opt for POP is I like the job and it’s an handy work plus Real estate is booming so skill related to real estate should be a hot cake at the moment.

I’m going in full time to learn and im ready for the adventure, because to be honest with ourselves if I keep saying I will land a good paying job due to my certificate and All,.

I might just keep waiting and might not move forward and time waits for nobody.

So Nairalanders I need your advise or your opinion do you think I should take this step? , do you think I’m making the right decision?

Thank you

GOOD MOVE,GO AND LEARN COMMERCIAL GRAIN PLANTATION
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Westernequinox: 4:00pm On May 26, 2022
This one is a fraudster,if you do not desist from that path, eventually you would die the death of cruel men that are like you.
Ferrytech:
bro learn spamming thank me later. with the current economy of nigeria only thf rich get a good paying job except God _allh_ogun day your back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by BabaIbo: 4:01pm On May 26, 2022
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Skillsnigeria: 4:01pm On May 26, 2022
Hmmm, you can learn the handwork you like. Nigeria don turn to something else, yet the youths no gree get sense. The lord will deliver them
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by cletz991(m): 4:02pm On May 26, 2022
Interested
Ferrytech:
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by BabaIbo: 4:04pm On May 26, 2022
frozen70:

Are you encouraging him or questioning his decision

There is no need for this comment
What about you, have you found your bearing

That guy is right, stop supporting lack of focus.

There is difference between seeking for advice on which handwork to choose among the ones you are planning on choosing OR any new suggestions, and asking people what to do with your life at his age and level of education.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by bigcee(m): 4:05pm On May 26, 2022
Felimax:
@ 29, you are waiting for Nairaland decision? A graduate!

This country is finished! I won't even expect this from somebody who just did SSCE.
E shock me too. At 29?

1 Like

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Plugsk(m): 4:05pm On May 26, 2022
"Only the rich get a good paying job. " Very true
Ferrytech:
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Weezy463: 4:05pm On May 26, 2022
Practice farming and bath soap wt it..i mean prayer soap.
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Soho16(m): 4:05pm On May 26, 2022
Carpentry with specialty in Doors. You can’t go wrong if you are in the right town ie Abuja/Lagos.
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by RaptObserver: 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Learn how to fry akara
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by uthlaw: 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Aboguede:
The grammar for the topic really said that you are a Nigeria graduate grin
na grammar still be ur problem for this country... Nawa for you ooo!
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by obayendo1010(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2022
Please look for way to learn 3D billboard work.
Have someone in Asaba who can put you true.
That's the biggest untap wealth looming in the next decade.....for Informal skill worker.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:07pm On May 26, 2022
This is what I keep telling most young people of nowadays, the country is hard, things are changing, learn a skill, do something, don't stay idle looking for jobs up and down, create a job if you can, do something, follow your heart bro, forget about people advice, I have never taken anyone advice in my journey of success, I always know what I wanted

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by frozen70(f): 4:08pm On May 26, 2022
BabaIbo:

There is difference between seeking for advice on which handwork to choose among the ones you are planning on choosing OR any new suggestions, and asking people what to do with your life at his age and level of education.

People are going through depression, get that part and understand that we have to be careful on what we tell people that will hurt them

Stop supporting nonsense

7 Likes

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by lagbaja(m): 4:08pm On May 26, 2022
Since you are a graduate, you have the capacity to learn more than 1 skill. Learn Pop, plumbing, electrical wiring, iron works, security systems, carpentry etc. You wont be the one doing the menial jobs when you are hired, you will acquire trainees. You can achieve all the learning under one year. Builders prefer workers that has multiple skills. Be ready to pay to learn if you want to achieve them in good time.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by KIDfurniture(m): 4:08pm On May 26, 2022
You’re still considering !! Lol
By the time you marry and start having kids . You can decide ok… just continue considering for now

I pity Nigerians… hardship that’s will hit Nigeria soon..

aysuprano:

I’m a university graduate from one of the top Federal Universities in the country, my field of study is related to agriculture and since I finished school about 6 years ago all the jobs I’ve been getting isn’t really paying enough, they are mostly farm jobs paying 30-35k at most, I’ve considered setting up myself but tbh I have no back bone and it isn’t easy.

I’m 28 and I’ll be 29 this year then I decided I’ll really need to learn a skill if I want to be relevant in the society because sooner or later I’ll start considering settling down and all.

I tried learning tech stuffs but I have to be honest to myself I’m not a tech person, I try forcing it but no be my way, it’s better to be honest with myself, I’m not the kind of person that likes sitting down staring at screens for long even my phone.

I’m a natural handy person, that’s one of the things made me go to that field of study in school(Agriculture), I learnt a bit aspect of the tech which I enjoy to an extent that is drone piloting but I don’t think that is something I should sit with.

So I’m thinking of learning an handy skill which is why I need your advise, I’m passionate about painting, infact I’m good with it and it’s all self thought but I’l don’t want to go into it full time because I’m scared of height, so I’m considering learning POP and house interior which I’ve taken a step to start learning. I

nfact I have the money to pay and I’ve gotten someone to start teaching me already, why I opt for POP is I like the job and it’s an handy work plus Real estate is booming so skill related to real estate should be a hot cake at the moment.

I’m going in full time to learn and im ready for the adventure, because to be honest with ourselves if I keep saying I will land a good paying job due to my certificate and All,.

So Nairalanders I need your advise or your opinion do you think I should take this step? , do you think I’m making the right decision?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Lexusgs430: 4:09pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

Thank you

No acquired knowledge is wasted.......

Also consider automobile engineering aka mechanic...... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Olayetan(m): 4:09pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

You need to calm down bro

I’ll be taking the step anyway

I just want other people view of it

Go ahead and learn the POP since you have passion for it, your passion for it will make you to be creative in it and be unique.

Time waits for no 1 so stop procrastinating and take the step now.

Painting isn't bad too cuz people around you can also give you job.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Paulplayy: 4:09pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

I really appreciate bro and I understand, if you can tell me more about the spamming I’ll look into it

Can we talk on WhatsApp

Don't allow anyone scam you.. No legit spammer will tell you he want to teach you for free
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by bigcee(m): 4:10pm On May 26, 2022
Felimax:

You want other people's view so that what will happen exactly?

Go and man up and take responsibility of your life. Some of the people you seek their view here cannot equate their lives with yours so why do you need their approval?

Guys like you will hardly live their lives, they will end up living people's opinion and when it's too late end up regretting.

Be in charge of your life and take the responsibility whatever be the consequence.

If you had asked between XYZ skills which one to learn I will understand not if you should go and learn a skill. Who does that?
What a comment. Bless you! grin
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 26, 2022
Go ahead bro, learning a skill na hin sure pass. At least no one is taking your degree from you.
You use the knowledge you gained from school to be a more successful handy person.
I have relatives who are graduates without a job and unwilling to learn a trade.
I love auto mechanic and barbing
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by dake40(m): 4:16pm On May 26, 2022
BabaIbo:

Mr Focus.

Have you been able to resolve your issue with your single mum babe? And have you been able to raise a business with your 200k to 300k budget?

If you're all knowing like you're claiming here. You wouldn't open such threads

Hypocrite

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by kedira59: 4:18pm On May 26, 2022
Re: Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork by Carcinogenic(m): 4:20pm On May 26, 2022
aysuprano:

Thank you

As someone who has been exactly through what you are facing at same age bracket and into the real estate. I will strongly advice you to go onto that POP your heart is telling you about. POP contract can make you comfortable. The two others are tilling, weldering of doors and gates(you learn borehole stand installation, hand and front rail installation etc).

Goodluck bro

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers / Tired Of Staying At Home Which Of These Skills Should I Go For? / Julius Berger Sacks 120 Staff Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.