Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. (27855 Views)

The Dilemma Of A Family man with mouth to Feed And Unpaid Bills / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2018 / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by tommykiwi(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2022
bigpicture001:

Why do u guyz like to talk trash about bank job... For crying out loud.. GTb is the. Best paying bank at 180k for gradaute..

Again.. no Saturday work, all fed holidays observed.. good working environment, better skin due to A. c..getting adequate leave.. just 10hrs daily job.very good and reliable loan granting system. And very well organised promotion system

Una. Wey no dey work for. Bank.. how far..?
Bank job occupies or take your full time, you are only chanced on Sunday. You work from 7am to late in the evening every week days.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by ednut1(m): 2:01pm On May 26, 2022
Only KMPG can make you get job offer in uk, usa or Australia in 3 years time. Abeg no dull am

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by airsaylongcome: 2:04pm On May 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Firstly please don’t force her to go for KPMG since she already made it clear she d doesn’t like Accounting. This is because sooner or later KPMG will still mandate her to write ICAN ( depending on the unit she finds her self tho ) KPMG even makes engineering graduate to write ICAN if they find themselves in units like audit, IARCS , etc .

As regards the other offers she’s waiting for , I will suggest she gets the offers and decide on what exactly she wants to do with her life . I know money will be a factor in her decisions but let her be sure she wants to be a banker or work in a dynamic firm like Meristem. At the end of the day , the decision is hers to make.

On another thought , since u said she studied statistics and did well, she can go for KPMG. If she gets into their actuarial valuation services it will be good one for her . She will be exposed to the best international working environment and it will do a lot of good to her CV. In fact Just 3 years experience in KPMG alone , she will take big career leap such that if she decides to work for GTB or Stanbic she would’ve left her colleagues that joined those companies originally far far behind

Only if she can get into Actuarial. With a degree in Stats I'd probably ask her to start looking at a career in Data Science if she really has a passion for Stats

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Ajilenu: 2:06pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:
My sister is 26 years and a graduate of Statistics from a federal university in the South East. There is an issue, more like a blessing. She had been writing aptitude tests since and failing but something remarkable is happening this year. She has been passing all the graduate trainee tests and interviews this year. She is at the final stage of Cerdar group, Stanbic, Meristem and Oilserv graduate trainee program. Just waiting for offer letters. She got an offer into Wema bank graduate trainee but rejected it because of 2 years bond. She is currently in Gt Bank graduate training school.

The issue is that KPMG just invited her for their test which is physical on Saturday. The Gt bank program runs from Monday-Saturday. I have been trying so hard to convince her to take take permission from the tutors at Gtb and go to write the KPMG test. She refused that she does not like Accounting as she read Statistics but she was open to it before this year and had been writing tests of different audit firms. I prefer KPMG to Stanbic and GT and want her to give it a shot.

She is 26 and this is her last chance at any graduate trainee program. Please what do you guys think? She is confused too.

KPMG ( yet to write the test)
GTB ( in training school already)
Meristem ( Waiting for offer letter)
Stanbic ( Waiting for offer letter)

Which among the above listed is the better choice for a graduate of statistics and is the KPMG test worth taking the risk. Please I need opinions from Nairalanders as I told her to allow me take my time to think about it.

Mods, please push to front page for more experienced professionals to help us. Thanks
I will speak cos I have worked with Gtbank before. Gtbank is a mad house but the money is good. If she gets transferred to where she'll have to interface with customer then it's gonna be quite stressful but she will definitely grow. For KPMG, I don't think the money is as good as Gtbank but except the name and the amount of knowledge she will gain. I will advice you to allow her make her decision but what you should tell her is at this stage, learning is paramount for her. Let her learn and not be money centric at this point else she wants to travel abroad.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by wallisdon: 2:08pm On May 26, 2022
Bank job is better than meristem.My candid advise for her is to embrace any work out side the banking industry.There is no guarantee in the bank at all.Bank can sack any staff at any time without prior notice. If she can not secure any other job , she take the banking job and start saving immediately . While looking fo other good jobs like lecturing and other well secured job.
evuna:
My sister is 26 years and a graduate of Statistics from a federal university in the South East. There is an issue, more like a blessing. She had been writing aptitude tests since and failing but something remarkable is happening this year. She has been passing all the graduate trainee tests and interviews this year. She is at the final stage of Cerdar group, Stanbic, Meristem and Oilserv graduate trainee program. Just waiting for offer letters. She got an offer into Wema bank graduate trainee but rejected it because of 2 years bond. She is currently in Gt Bank graduate training school.

The issue is that KPMG just invited her for their test which is physical on Saturday. The Gt bank program runs from Monday-Saturday. I have been trying so hard to convince her to take take permission from the tutors at Gtb and go to write the KPMG test. She refused that she does not like Accounting as she read Statistics but she was open to it before this year and had been writing tests of different audit firms. I prefer KPMG to Stanbic and GT and want her to give it a shot.

She is 26 and this is her last chance at any graduate trainee program. Please what do you guys think? She is confused too.

Which among the above listed is the better choice for a graduate of statistics and is the KPMG test worth taking the risk. Please I need opinions from Nairalanders as I told her to allow me take my time to think about it.

Mods, please push to front page for more experienced professionals to help us. Thanks
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by karmaleon: 2:08pm On May 26, 2022
Any job offer other than the bank is a better offer... Most of the bankers out there live on loans cheesy cheesy cheesy

Except she's willing to take some certified courses in other financial institutions to up her game and employability
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Meenabee(f): 2:11pm On May 26, 2022
Lol... I am an accounting graduate with 2:1
.left the banking and IT industry started my business in poultry farming making net profit of approximately 500k monthly, an online business for luxury goods on the pipeline etc. I told myself if I could put in effort to build an outstanding academic record at an age when my mates were already done with school then I could put in more efforts in building my businesses with God's grace. So if he earns 500k monthly he shouldn't brag about it some persons make that in a week, biweekly etc. Be yee humble my nigga.
Jalaw:
Another show off thread.
In the other thread, the OP boasted of earning 500k monthly and want to know if he is rich.

Wetin person no go see!
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by ojuu4u(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:

Carry ur sister matter to international market for discussion. I pray nothing happens to ur sister oo, it's u they will be seeing on her issue if thing goes negative o
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Calebzer: 2:12pm On May 26, 2022
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Mayflowa(m): 2:15pm On May 26, 2022
iyke648:
Where are the many job offers? From what you just typed, she only have one job offer which is GT bank. The rest are job prospect

she had wema bank too that she rejected!
I advise her not to miss her training to write a mere test. More so, she does not like accounting! Many people I have seen in KPMG complain of Job burnout, so it is not all fun there. If she got Meristem offer, she could take it. Meristem does investment, and the salary is good too. From Meristem, she can get into other experienced hire role she wants.

You should be glad her effort paid off! Many 2.1s are still looking for jobs for years!

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Zulinda: 2:16pm On May 26, 2022
Please do all u can to ensure she attends the KPMG test and take it from there, so she doesn’t have any regrets in the nearest future.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by edungene7: 2:17pm On May 26, 2022
please let her pray and follow her heart all that glitters is not gold distractions don't just happen they are sometimes manipulated
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Justice179: 2:19pm On May 26, 2022
Let her write the KPMG test , KMPG offers the best in career growth but might not be the best financially
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by mayo47(m): 2:26pm On May 26, 2022
Scenario 1: Continue with GTB since already in training school while continue pursuing KPMG.
Scenario 2: Continue with GTB since already in training school then wait for Merristem offer letter.
Scenaro 3: Continue with GTB since already in training school, move to Merristem when the offer is made whilst continue pursuing KPMG.

Scenario 3 would be tasking but the most rewarding in the long term

evuna:

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Berankis: 2:27pm On May 26, 2022
Jalaw:
Another show off thread.
In the other thread, the OP boasted of earning 500k monthly and want to know if he is rich.

Wetin person no go see!
Na wa 4u. Everything na show off? Abeg live and let live.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Ayilara1(m): 2:27pm On May 26, 2022
How can we secure job in KPMG
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Berankis: 2:29pm On May 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Firstly please don’t force her to go for KPMG since she already made it clear she d doesn’t like Accounting. This is because sooner or later KPMG will still mandate her to write ICAN ( depending on the unit she finds her self tho ) KPMG even makes engineering graduate to write ICAN if they find themselves in units like audit, IARCS , etc .

As regards the other offers she’s waiting for , I will suggest she gets the offers and decide on what exactly she wants to do with her life . I know money will be a factor in her decisions but let her be sure she wants to be a banker or work in a dynamic firm like Meristem. At the end of the day , the decision is hers to make.

On another thought , since u said she studied statistics and did well, she can go for KPMG. If she gets into their actuarial valuation services it will be good one for her . She will be exposed to the best international working environment and it will do a lot of good to her CV. In fact Just 3 years experience in KPMG alone , she will take big career leap such that if she decides to work for GTB or Stanbic she would’ve left her colleagues that joined those companies originally far far behind
Lovely analysis
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Ayinke93(f): 2:32pm On May 26, 2022
IamAsiri:

He can do the same nonsense for about a year or a year and a half while looking out for and working towards better opportunities instead of just sitting at home looking for those opportunities.

I think he’s better off sitting at home and learning a tech skill. Trust me, this is the best thing anybody can do for themselves.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by ThothHermes: 2:33pm On May 26, 2022
LikeAking:
getat!

mr dreamz
It is what is on you that defines your possibilities. Everybody head no be the same.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 2:34pm On May 26, 2022
KPMG, GTB, Stanbic IBTC
I wish her all the best.

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Golan007: 2:36pm On May 26, 2022
Naiira:
The ear that refuses advice will go off with the head when it is cut off…

Tell her to give KPMG a try.
Hear hear.

The elders have spoken.

Ebubedike - the gods are wise.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Golan007: 2:37pm On May 26, 2022
Jalaw:
Another show off thread.

Wetin person no go see!

But 500k no be richness na.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by harley88(m): 2:43pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:

For banks, she should certainly go for Stanbic IBTC. It’s a good bank to work with.

KPMG is a very good choice though. The international name It carries is good on cvs.
The pay might not be as high as Stanbic though.

All in all, I don’t think she can make a mistake picking any of the four companies above. She must be a brilliant person to have gotten all four so she’d be Fine.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by daniel34840: 2:51pm On May 26, 2022
Bank job should be out of the list for me. So let her make her own decision.Wish her all the best.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by athorello(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:

Let her enjoy GTBank and go for Stanbic las las. It will be breeze for her.

Besides wema cancelled the bond.

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by hope4nigeria(m): 3:11pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:

What do you mean, she made 2.1 in statistics and she is 26. With that, you are qualified to write graduate trainee of multiple companies. I believe you are joking. Work on yourself and practice job tests, you will get multiple offers if you have 2.1 and 26 years or below. Thanks
why are you responding to a mad person? Back to the topic, let your sister try KPMG, bank is not a reliable job/ career.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Alpheus111: 3:13pm On May 26, 2022
Until we all understand how our phones can generate unlimited flow of cash, then we have known the power of phones these days. For anyone interested in learning more about affiliate marketing business, you can chat me up for free training on WhatsApp-09033818169. Only focused and serous ones, please!!!
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Sonoyom(m): 3:18pm On May 26, 2022
bolousadex:

banking job is amazing. Stop discouraging people. I have been a banker for about a Decade and I am doing very well. If you don't want to be marketer or an operator, the onus lies on you to study relevant courses or certifications so you can move to a more specialized department. There are more than 30 departments in a bank. I am in Finance, and been a banker for almost a decade now. Having worked in two banks, I am doing close to 1.6m/month with many perks. When you find yourself working in a bank, aspire to be a banker and not a bank worker....my two cents
Most of them condemning bank jobs are actually jobless and ignorant.

There are very few industries that would pay above the grades of top banks but you must work and earn it.

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by evuna: 3:18pm On May 26, 2022
Revolution2022:
She is connected.Dont let the op deceive you.

Please don't have this mindset. I know many young lads with multiple offers. Just have 2.1 and practice how to write their tests. If she had connection, she won't be applying to every job that she sees. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by bigpicture001: 3:26pm On May 26, 2022
tommykiwi:
Bank job occupies or take your full time, you are only chanced on Sunday. You work from 7am to late in the evening every week days.

Big fat lie... Bankers didn't work on Saturday... Now let's ask which time do u talk about.. which good firm doesn't require u to work in full time...

Can u work in KPMG and get home by 4pm..? Can u work as secretary to the governor and get home. By 4pm..?

Can u work as ordinary secondary skl teacher and get him by 4pm..?

Which yeye time does it take.. u get home. By 6:30 -to 7pm.. and. Ur complaining.... All this people doing far less paying jobs can be so mouthed.. I don't want this I don't want that .. oya which one u dey do..?

Mind u, self employed is even the most time and energy consuming....

5 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Donpenny(m): 3:27pm On May 26, 2022
Good for her. Same happen to me immediately after my service year. Got three offers at a time, state uni, GT bank and Fed agency. Later go for the Fed and currently saving up and building my self to become software engineer the goal is to japa as a skilled worker

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by omokudu(m): 3:30pm On May 26, 2022
If only she knows the opportunity with working with a Big 4. Some of the benefits are quick career growth, friendly/smart environment, easiest way to jakpa (cos of their reputation) and many more. Big 4 / consulting gives the opportunity to meet executives that a banker at your level won’t be privileged to meet and you happen to work on different clients and engagement. The demerits are you go work tire, you go attend meeting tire and you go write report tire

Bank growth is not fast, you can earn a particular amount for years before one promotion touch you. You don’t get to learn alot working in the bank (just routine stuffs).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NPA Or Efcc, Which Of These Jobs Is The Best With Good Pay, Please Help / This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills / How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.