Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa (8448 Views)

Air Peace Flight To London Sparks Price War Among Foreign Airlines / ‘Di Asa’ Winner, PM, kicked off Emirates flight to Dubai for being too Fat / Passengers On Aero Praying After Thunderstorm During A Flight To Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2023
soyenuga:
How long is your transit in Brazil? If it is short enough, I think 7 or 9 hours then you do not need a transit visa. Traveled through Sao Paulo last year November to Colombia and then Jamaica with my girl and did not need a transit visa. But if your transit visa is over the hours then you will not be able to board the flight.
which airline did you fly with?
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 8:07pm On May 12, 2023
I flew qatar that time. Flew lagos to doha to sao paulo then bogota. Its a long one, but the layover in doha is just 2 hours. And the layover in sao paulo is about 4 hours. But To get to Jamaica direct from Nigeria I could not do it. I had to go to Colombia for a couple of days just to hang out and then go to Jamaica from Colombia via Copa Airlines, but they don't go every day. Colombia visa was not so hard to get for us.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 8:15pm On May 12, 2023
soyenuga:
I flew qatar that time. Flew lagos to doha to sao paulo then bogota. Its a long one, but the layover in doha is just 2 hours. And the layover in sao paulo is about 4 hours. But To get to Jamaica direct from Nigeria I could not do it. I had to go to Colombia for a couple of days just to hang out and then go to Jamaica from Colombia via Copa Airlines, but they don't go every day. Colombia visa was not so hard to get for us.
thank you so much for this info,did you apply for both Jamaica and Columbia Visa from Nigeria?.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 10:45pm On May 12, 2023
Yes I did. Colombia visa is done completely online. It will be handled by the embassy in Ghana and they will issue you an evisa sent to your email. Jamaican visa is done in Abuja, you can submit everything online and then mail in your passport and then you get a courier to bring it back to you from the embassy when it is complete.

1 Like

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 11:51pm On May 12, 2023
soyenuga:
Yes I did. Colombia visa is done completely online. It will be handled by the embassy in Ghana and they will issue you an evisa sent to your email. Jamaican visa is done in Abuja, you can submit everything online and then mail in your passport and then you get a courier to bring it back to you from the embassy when it is complete.
thank you so much for this info,I really appreciate you!this info would save me a lot of stress...... lastly pls, which Visa did you use to fly from Nigeria?is it Columbia E-visa Visa or Jamaica sticker visa?if I have only Jamaica visa,can I cross to Columbia or it's advisable to apply for both visas before fly?.....did you apply for OK TO BOARD and get it before Qatar airways fly you... sorry for inconvenient!
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 3:31pm On May 13, 2023
It’s fine with the questions. You have to do it right or it cost a lot of money to fix. So I bought a ticket from Nigeria to bogota with layovers in Doha and São Paulo on Qatar airways.. It required me to have a round trip ticket from nigeria to colombia and back to nigeria. The round trip did not have to be on the same pnr. It took A full 3 hours for me to check in at lagos. Qatar was doing so many checks because not many people fly to colombia from nigeria. You can only get to jamaica using only a Jamaican visa if you have ticket from nigeria with jamaica as your final destination and you follow the requirements of each transiting country. There is a flight through Panama that will get you to jamaica but the layover is over 12 hours in Panama and that would require a visa for Panama and they do not have an embassy in nigeria. My gf transited through Panama on the way back to nigeria and had no issues in Panama because the layover was under 12 hours. Hope this answers all your questions.

1 Like

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2023
soyenuga:
It’s fine with the questions. You have to do it right or it cost a lot of money to fix. So I bought a ticket from Nigeria to bogota with layovers in Doha and São Paulo on Qatar airways.. It required me to have a round trip ticket from nigeria to colombia and back to nigeria. The round trip did not have to be on the same pnr. It took A full 3 hours for me to check in at lagos. Qatar was doing so many checks because not many people fly to colombia from nigeria. You can only get to jamaica using only a Jamaican visa if you have ticket from nigeria with jamaica as your final destination and you follow the requirements of each transiting country. There is a flight through Panama that will get you to jamaica but the layover is over 12 hours in Panama and that would require a visa for Panama and they do not have an embassy in nigeria. My gf transited through Panama on the way back to nigeria and had no issues in Panama because the layover was under 12 hours. Hope this answers all your questions.
Thank you so much,I really appreciate you,if I can get Columbia Visa or Peru visa,I don't need Jamaica visa,my plan is to move to Mexico from Peru or Columbia.....I will keep you posted as process is going on,I don't mind having ur email...
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 7:26am On May 14, 2023
If thats the plan, why don't you just fly to Bolivia? Nigerians do not need Visa to enter.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 1:08pm On May 14, 2023
soyenuga:
If thats the plan, why don't you just fly to Bolivia? Nigerians do not need Visa to enter.
I will need to apply for a pre visa through Bolivia immigration website and get the approval, before I can buy ticket and fly... but people complain that no flight for such Visa....or Qatar airways will fly me with such Visa?ply help me verify....
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 2:57pm On May 14, 2023
Turkish Airways goes there. I am certain of that.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 4:16pm On May 14, 2023
soyenuga:
Turkish Airways goes there. I am certain of that.
Turkish airline is not fly people with such Visa, maybe with OK TO BOARD they will fly such people, but,I'm not sure.....this is d response my boss got when he mail them ...

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 9:19am On May 15, 2023
I didn't read that they would not accept the visa. But I will tell you that they are all very concerned to make any mistake because the staff have to pay to send you back to Nigeria if they are wrong. Thats why I say it took 3 hours for me to board the Qatar flight. They make every check possible to be certain that you can board. Its not that you just have the visa, they will check that you have a round-trip ticket and meet all the requirements to enter the country, because if you get sent back the staff at the departure country will pay. In addition, the routing of your ticket has to permittable. When I took qatar the flight was delayed 2 hours leaving Lagos to doha, while I was in the air I see they canceled my onward flight to Sao Paulo and wanted to reroute me and my girlfriend to madrid and the sao paulo. But she doesnt have a visa for madrid, so its not possible to fly that route. Its more than just having the visa to Boliva, if your itinerary has you in certain country's airports for too long then you may not be able to board. Use the site below after you have selected an itinerary and you can see if you need a transit visa or not. What I remember from my plans: Panama no longer than 12 hour layover without need for a visa, the original flight I found was 12 hours 35 minute layover, I couldn't take it. Brazil I think is 7 hours maximum without the need for a transit visa, so we were ok. But Turkish I assume like Qatar will check all your documents, they looked at my hotel I was staying in, asked how much cash I had before I departed, looked at my Covid vax card, wanted a return ticket. The airline will ask, check and reconfirm every document you have is sufficient to pass customs. So just sending an email to Turkish saying I have Evisa is not enough. You have to know the route and all the requirements along the way.

Once you have selected an itinerary to Bolivia or wherever you can check the requirements of all the countries you are transiting down below. Its what the airlines use to check the requirements as well.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 9:40am On May 15, 2023
soyenuga:
I didn't read that they would not accept the visa. But I will tell you that they are all very concerned to make any mistake because the staff have to pay to send you back to Nigeria if they are wrong. Thats why I say it took 3 hours for me to board the Qatar flight. They make every check possible to be certain that you can board. Its not that you just have the visa, they will check that you have a round-trip ticket and meet all the requirements to enter the country, because if you get sent back the staff at the departure country will pay. In addition, the routing of your ticket has to permittable. When I took qatar the flight was delayed 2 hours leaving Lagos to doha, while I was in the air I see they canceled my onward flight to Sao Paulo and wanted to reroute me and my girlfriend to madrid and the sao paulo. But she doesnt have a visa for madrid, so its not possible to fly that route. Its more than just having the visa to Boliva, if your itinerary has you in certain country's airports for too long then you may not be able to board. Use the site below after you have selected an itinerary and you can see if you need a transit visa or not. What I remember from my plans: Panama no longer than 12 hour layover without need for a visa, the original flight I found was 12 hours 35 minute layover, I couldn't take it. Brazil I think is 7 hours maximum without the need for a transit visa, so we were ok. But Turkish I assume like Qatar will check all your documents, they looked at my hotel I was staying in, asked how much cash I had before I departed, looked at my Covid vax card, wanted a return ticket. The airline will ask, check and reconfirm every document you have is sufficient to pass customs. So just sending an email to Turkish saying I have Evisa is not enough. You have to know the route and all the requirements along the way.

Once you have selected an itinerary to Bolivia or wherever you can check the requirements of all the countries you are transiting down below. Its what the airlines use to check the requirements as well.
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/
thank you so much boss,I really appreciate you,may God bless you abundantly....
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 10:19am On May 15, 2023
No wahala.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2023
soyenuga:
No wahala.
pls tell me about Columbia point of entry immigration officers, how strict are they,what are likely questions to be ask,what are the documents I will need to present! how much do you think is ok as pta?
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 12:42pm On May 15, 2023
There weren’t many questions. Just where I am staying. How long will I be here. They wanted to see my departure ticket though out of colombia. Which I had. I flew into bogota but then caught an immediate flight to Cartagena that same night. It was all pretty simple. You
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dealhunter(m): 4:10pm On May 15, 2023
soyenuga:
There weren’t many questions. Just where I am staying. How long will I be here. They wanted to see my departure ticket though out of colombia. Which I had. I flew into bogota but then caught an immediate flight to Cartagena that same night. It was all pretty simple. You
thank you so much boss,I will keep you updated!
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dabay: 2:09pm On May 21, 2023
soyenuga:
Its in Abuja, yeah they dont pick up calls much but try this email and they should respond. But confirm, I think if you have a uk or us visa then you may not need a jamaican visa.

info-jhcnig@mfaft.gov.jm
Nze Anastecia (Mrs)
Clerk
Jamaican High Commission
13 Hassan Musa Katsina Street Asokoro
Abuja, Nigeria

Please, what are the requirements for Jamaica tourist visa and how to go about it as there aren't official website I can find online.

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dabay: 2:23pm On May 21, 2023
Please, what are the requirements for Jamaica tourist visa and how to go about it as there aren't official website I can find online.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by Adezworld(m): 4:07am On May 22, 2023
Was it difficult getting colombia visa,
soyenuga:
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dabay: 1:54pm On May 22, 2023
Hello, how did you go about getting your Jamaica tourist visa, as I intend to apply. Kindly, provide necessary information on how to go about it. Thanks sir.

soyenuga:
Its in Abuja, yeah they dont pick up calls much but try this email and they should respond. But confirm, I think if you have a uk or us visa then you may not need a jamaican visa.

info-jhcnig@mfaft.gov.jm
Nze Anastecia (Mrs)
Clerk
Jamaican High Commission
13 Hassan Musa Katsina Street Asokoro
Abuja, Nigeria

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 6:32pm On May 22, 2023
I sent the email to contact they will answer everything that is needed.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by dabay: 4:29pm On May 27, 2023
I did send them an email but no response for over a week. Any other alternative?

soyenuga:
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by BeingIhuoma: 9:56am On May 31, 2023
dabay:
I did send them an email but no response for over a week. Any other alternative?

Hey Soyenuga. I'm trying to process a visa to Colombia for tourism and I have a few questions.
1. Did you have to translate your documents to Spanish?
2. On the last page of the application, what embassy should I select to process my application?
3. How were you able to make payment?
4. If you had made a flight reservation, how long did you reserve it for?

Let me know if I can contact you, please?
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by BeingIhuoma: 9:56am On May 31, 2023
soyenuga:
dealhunter:
thank you so much boss,I really appreciate you,may God bless you abundantly....
Hey Soyenuga. I'm trying to process a visa to Colombia for tourism and I have a few questions.

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by YAOE: 4:07pm On May 31, 2023
soyenuga:

Good day!Please for proof of funds how much do you advise one should have to apply for Colombia visa?
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 6:47am On Jun 01, 2023
No it was not. Just need the basic documents.
Adezworld:
Was it difficult getting colombia visa,
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by YAOE: 9:29am On Jun 01, 2023
soyenuga:
No it was not. Just need the basic documents.
Please sir how can I contact you.I have questions concerning the visa.
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by bebeto2014: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
soyenuga:
how will i get the Colombia visa or transit
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello,
1) No english is fine. It will get reviewed and approved in Ghana.
2) accra,Ghana
3)Hmm...if i remember you need a dollar card. It has a payment page and they will send you an email with an approved payment.
4) Not sure I understand this question

BeingIhuoma:
1. Did you have to translate your documents to Spanish?
2. On the last page of the application, what embassy should I select to process my application?

1 Like

Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by soyenuga: 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
Go to their website. Colombia visa is an evisa.

bebeto2014:
how will i get the Colombia visa or transit
Re: Flight To Jamaica Without Transit Visa by Adezworld(m): 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2023
How long is the processing time after completing online registration and paying for visa study, how long does it take for the ministry of foreign affairs to process it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are Some Nigerians Abroad Scared Of Going Back Home? / Two Dead, 6 Injured In Petrol Tanker Fire In Awka / 20 Things You Observe While Commuting In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.