Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break (338 Views)

Sex Romp: Is It Magun Or A Case Of Heart Attack? / The Silent Pain Of The Husband / Tired Of Heart Break, Should I Just Forget About Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by JustmeGod(f): 6:12pm On May 27, 2022
Well I've been doing a lot of thinking and wondering how people are able to move on from loosing someone they couldn't live without, at a point in their lives.

I'll share a short story...
I was young and naive, and happened to have found myself in a situationship with a guy. We were like lovers within an undefined relationship. He was overprotective and very jealous, making sure that I didn't have guys around me. After 4 years of uncertainty ( an maturity on my part) I asked for the relationship to be defined. He said I was like a sister to him.
Gosh I was head over heels for him. This shattered me to pieces. Mumu me still tried to maintain the friendship with the nigga cos I was afraid of loosing him completely. I deceived myself with the idea that I could move on even while in contact with him.
He kept playing with my feelings going on and off on me for a while until I completely ghosted him.

This heartbreak affected me a lot and somewhat changed my personality from a sweet accommodating girl to a strict realist.
Till date I can't seem to go back to my old self.
This brings me to the question,
Is it possible to recover fully from a heartbreak?
If so, how?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Adsexpert: 6:20pm On May 27, 2022
It's not.. no matter how hard you try to erase the reality that people are fake.. and don't wait where they don't see benefit the worse it gets..

This is not to tarnish love.
But girl or brow there is no real love or what is called unconditional love.. no one can love without getting a type of benefits or kind of pleasure they like in the other...

I HATE LOVE
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by donaldking10: 6:22pm On May 27, 2022
omor i never really got over the pain oo.
until she eventually travelled out.
immediately i stopped seeing her, i was finally able to heal & move-on.
up till date, i still think about her tho.
but irris what irriz.
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by donaldking10: 6:22pm On May 27, 2022
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by WatchYourSix: 6:22pm On May 27, 2022
Love is like drug....once you source or love/drug is not available anymore...withdraw symptoms hits you like a thousand knives..

..its hits you inyour heart,body and soul, like you cant pull it off..

But the human body is amazing as hell.. just as u fell in love you can recover...

Love is not magical...its a habit u got used to being around someone ...just pick another habit.. go out meet someone else, have fun,..madam....u go dey alright...
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by OloYeOfEgbE: 6:23pm On May 27, 2022
Get past wetin...? E hard die.

only time fit save you

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Highestpromoton(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2022
It is easier when you have money.
You can buy something that will make you feel better.
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by rickpat(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2022
it's very possible....

firstly you don't allow a heart break define or redefine your personality...cus it will make you a loser and have you live a caged life....don't get me wrong...learn the lessons, become wiser but never dwell on that past cus it's not worth it.

secondly...as they say if you have a hangover take more alcohol... LoL.....now not necessarily getting into another relationship or start having random sex ...NO...... what you need is Friendship, interactions with people... it helps you understand people more as well as distract you a little from your past..some people tend to use social media but whatever works for you...just interact and maintain an open mind

lastly the worst thing that can happen to anyone is loosing new good and very positive people coming into your life cus of heartbreak and someone that has already forgotten about you and moved on with his or her life happily
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Charlex23(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2022
No matter how difficult a heartbreak might prove to be, Personal research and mastery has proven that after 7 days, you'll be able to cope without them
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by cavreek: 6:34pm On May 27, 2022
When u're a person of value no one would want to let go of something that adds value to their life, although some people can be weird
Ur definition of what love is also matters as it will help you in knowing who is what loving and who is worth committing to
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Sweetvie: 6:35pm On May 27, 2022
Hmm
I av alws be a girl who doesn't believe in love
Yeah, i av been in love once but i never really got deep into the act so I don't know how u feel... Growing up with guys i know how they run things.
Heartbreak is just a matter of time wen you meet someone better u will forget about him
And becoz someone hurt u doesn't mean u should close ur heart for others. Don't let anything change who you are cheesy
Love is really an emotion i really don't want to get involve smiley
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by PerfectStranger(m): 6:41pm On May 27, 2022
Highestpromoton:
Korrect!!! That's why it's advisable not to do lovydovy as a broke guy.
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Dreadlock69(m): 7:02pm On May 27, 2022
Yes nah normals

But make she no come back ooo cause me go revenge oooo

I'm no God bby I don't forgive bby
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Alapojames: 7:13pm On May 27, 2022
First, you need to change your Playlist. Some music trigger emotions . Songs like Boyz ll men( doing just fine, refuse to be the reason etc) songs like this will help your in therapy, while some will bring old memories (nostalgia) grin

For you to move on, you need to engage in something doing, something that will make you busy during the day, cause idleness triggers problems(past event)
One thing I believe eh, if you have a replacement, you wouldn't feel it that much..
Pele

Boost your ig account at affordable prices
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Lima98(f): 7:46pm On May 27, 2022
Highestpromoton:
Re: How Were You Able To Get Past The Pain Of Heart Break by Uniquetani1(f): 8:13pm On May 27, 2022
Alapojames:
First, you need to change your Playlist. Some music trigger emotions . Songs like Boyz ll men( doing just fine, refuse to be the reason etc) songs like this will help your in therapy, while some will bring old memories (nostalgia) grin

For you to move on, you need to engage in something doing, something that will make you busy during the day, cause idleness triggers problems(past event)
One thing I believe eh, if you have a replacement, you wouldn't feel it that much..
Pele

Boost your ig account at affordable prices

I tell you
It's not easy
If I remembered those days, I will just smile.
I deleted all the love songs and started listening to gospel songs like Sola Allyson's songs, I even decided to learn a skill. I was so occupied, having a 9-9 schedule from Monday to Saturday. I eventually forgot it

Time is everything

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Can Only Choose One / Read This,i'm Not Lying / He No Easy Ooo!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.