Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State (9839 Views)

Niger State Governor, Mohammed Umar Bago Kneels To Greet President Tinubu / APC’s Bago Wins Niger Governorship Election / Umar Bago Supports Buhari's Re-Election With 100 Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Bobloco: 1:15pm On May 28, 2022
zicoraads:
Bago has never lost any election since he contested for the House of Reps about 12 years ago. He knows politics well.

Lolo has failed Niger. He failed Niger so much so that he even failed in his bid to anoint a successor, Malagi.

As for Bago, I like him. He has done fairly well for the people of Chanchaga, in which Minna is a part of. But, one thing I don't like is how he plays his politics. The thuggery we witness sometimes in Minna town is often attributed to him.

It would be a close battle between him and Kantigi of the PDP. From what I've gathered, Kantigi has a lot of following out of Minna. Their choices of Deputy Governor might also do their cause more good or damage it.

You know him so well

Remembered him in 2011 when he contested and won the election for the chanchaga house of representatives position under the defunct Congress for Progressive Change party CPC , It was really a movement then in the whole of Minna metropolis.
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Surgical22(f): 1:33pm On May 28, 2022
One of the states I love Niger state,extremely accommodating people, i remember my NYSC days

2 Likes

Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by galadima77(m): 1:35pm On May 28, 2022
Whoever God will use to pull Niger State out of Lolo's dungeon.

1 Like

Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by tankoagaie: 1:36pm On May 28, 2022
yyba:
apert from inside the state capital minna where else BAGO has followers ?
is like u are not in niger now

2 Likes

Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Easy6597: 1:51pm On May 28, 2022
yyba:

Is like you are only stock in one area of Niger State, am from Borgu LGA also close to agwara LGA, I just wish you will come over here and see the kind of crowd that man Bago is pulling around here and you will know how popular he his, PDP is not even existing here o. Am just getting to know that PDP is even having a governorship aspirant called kutigi now.

1 Like

Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by emmamajesty: 1:58pm On May 28, 2022
yyba:
Ogah Bago is from Bida and it was Bida Emirate that endorsed him, imagine him gaining influence from both bida his local government and also Minna where he represent in house of rep is a walkover for him oh
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by ABMC(m): 2:18pm On May 28, 2022
Borgu for real?? Bisan, Boko, or Kambari? Which please? I'm from Gufanti.

Easy6597:

Is like you are only stock in one area of Niger State, am from Borgu LGA also close to agwara LGA, I just wish you will come over here and see the kind of crowd that man Bago is pulling around here and you will know how popular he his, PDP is not even existing here o. Am just getting to know that PDP is even having a governorship aspirant called kutigi now.

1 Like

Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Arabiyyas: 2:23pm On May 28, 2022
suppose to b Nupe turn by now
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by okpas01: 2:27pm On May 28, 2022
2 million
iCauseTrouble:
How much did he pay per delegate?
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by okpas01: 2:28pm On May 28, 2022
Bago is Nupe. His father is from Bida and his mom from Lapai.
Arabiyyas:
suppose to b Nupe turn by now
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by yyba: 2:51pm On May 28, 2022
emmamajesty:
Ogah Bago is from Bida and it was Bida Emirate that endorsed him, imagine him gaining influence from both bida his local government and also Minna where he represent in house of rep is a walkover for him oh
walkover go and ask who is KANTIGI politically in zone A. Even BAGO himself with KANTIGI as pdp candidate can't claim walkover
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by yyba: 2:53pm On May 28, 2022
Easy6597:

the same way you people thought senate main constituent is only in new bussa
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by yyba: 2:54pm On May 28, 2022
tankoagaie:
is like u are not in niger now
is like you are in niger state now but, you don't know anything politically ?
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by yyba: 2:57pm On May 28, 2022
zicoraads:

You're arguing with someone who doesn't know Niger politics. cheesy
he is asking of lolo , forgetting BAGO himself came under buhari factor in 2011 under the platform of CPC . If not for buhari factor who is BAGO in politics before 2011 election

1 Like

Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by juman(m): 3:06pm On May 28, 2022
Our democracy is moving forward.
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Edzy: 3:30pm On May 28, 2022
iCauseTrouble:
How much did he pay per delegate?

500k+ deep freezer
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by id4sho(m): 4:19pm On May 28, 2022
zicoraads:
Bago has never lost any election since he contested for the House of Reps about 12 years ago. He knows politics well.

Lolo has failed Niger. He failed Niger so much so that he even failed in his bid to anoint a successor, Malagi.

As for Bago, I like him. He has done fairly well for the people of Chanchaga, in which Minna is a part of. But, one thing I don't like is how he plays his politics. The thuggery we witness sometimes in Minna town is often attributed to him.

It would be a close battle between him and Kantigi of the PDP. From what I've gathered, Kantigi has a lot of following out of Minna. Their choices of Deputy Governor might also do their cause more good or damage it.

He controls and share money to thugs himself. He's young and vibrant, I pray he delivers
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Easy6597: 4:33pm On May 28, 2022
ABMC:

Borgu for real?? Bisan, Boko, or Kambari? Which please? I'm from Gufanti.

Bisan Kainji precisely.
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Easy6597: 4:40pm On May 28, 2022
yyba:
the same way you people thought senate main constituent is only in new bussa
You seems to be a learner, no body is thinking the way you are thinking here, the only reason we are with the present Senate is because of his excellent performance which you your self too can attest to, if you like vote for him or not, but every sensible person knew that Lolo coming as a Senator in zone C cannot bring anything better than Barade.
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by Zandena(f): 5:18pm On May 28, 2022
garfield1:

How many followers did lolo get before he won
Lolo's case was different from Bago case.
Bago is from Lapai LG which has produced former governor Kure between 1999-2007 owing to a micro zoning of the position in zone A, now for fairness and justice, the next governor should come from Bida axis which has never tasted power in the state before. By this, i see Kantigi of PDP coasting to victory in the general election.
Both Bago and Malagi are Hausa/Fulani stooges and not really of Nupe extraction
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by garfield1: 5:20pm On May 28, 2022
Zandena:

Lolo's case was different from Bago case.
Bago is from Lapai LG which has produced former governor Kure between 1999-2007 owing to a micro zoning of the position in zone A, now for fairness and justice, the next governor should come from Bida axis which has never tasted power in the state before. By this, i see Kantigi of PDP coasting to victory in the general election.
Both Bago and Malagi are Hausa/Fulani stooges and not really of Nupe extraction

No wonder. Bago looks fulani...pdp is weak in Niger.but I thought it is the turn of nupe/zone A
Re: Umar Bago Wins APC Guber Primaries In Niger State by yyba: 8:30pm On May 28, 2022
Easy6597:

You seems to be a learner, no body is thinking the way you are thinking here, the only reason we are with the present Senate is because of his excellent performance which you your self too can attest to, if you like vote for him or not, but every sensible person knew that Lolo coming as a Senator in zone C cannot bring anything better than Barade.
the excellent performers is only in new bussa not even nearby wawa or dogon gari . If wawa and dogon gari can't feel his performance what will happen to place like lokogoma in wushishi lga or saho rami and babban rami, ibeto, mariga and other village and lga in his zone ? Well i remember BARADEN borgu is only senator for new bussa only.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ojukwu Funeral: A Vote Of Thanks; The Way Forward / FG Suspends DANA Airline's License. / 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock – Tonye Barcanista

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.