Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC (9151 Views)

Bode George Faults Presidential, NASS Elections, Knocks INEC Over Irregularities / Adeleke’s Camp Worries Over Litigation, Woos PDP Faction / CBN Worries Over Low Participation Of South East In Its Intervention Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Weneda(m): 12:14pm On May 28, 2022
The Transition Monitoring Group has berated the Independent National Electoral Commission for extending the deadline for the conduct of primary elections and submission of the list of nominated candidates for the 2023 general elections, from 4th to 9th of June 2022.

Chairman of the foremost election monitoring group, Comrade Auwal Musa Rafsanjani, in a statement on Friday, lamented the extension, noting that the group received the news with great worries and concerns.

He said that at a time when Nigerians are beginning to have confidence in the electoral umpire, some powerful forces are trying to undermine and pressurise it to do their biddings.

Rafsanjani stated,“A lot of political parties have made efforts in conducting their primaries and if the ruling party is still uncertain about the day to conduct its presidential primary elections that shouldn’t be the basis for the extension.”

The group also condemned the vote-buying incidents in the ongoing political party primaries across the country, stating that “any financial inducements on delegates were tantamount to the mortgaging of the country’s future.”

Mr Rafsanjani said, “We are appalled by the incidents of vote-buying and sundry financial inducements on the delegates in the ongoing political party primaries across the country.

“Delegates should note that they don’t have to go to the extent of mortgaging Nigeria’s future on the altar of ephemeral financial gratifications. They should think of Nigeria first before any other considerations.

“It should be noted that the influence of money in an election has far-reaching implications in Nigerian politics because any politician that spends to be voted for will surely work towards recouping the money at the end of the day, and it is still the voters that will be at the receiving end.”
The TMG boss, therefore, noted that the group will continue to monitor the electoral processes with a view to ascertaining the level of transparency and fairness in the process and report the same to Nigerians in the build-up to the 2023 general elections.

The group, however, commended the Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies for ensuring the smooth conduct of the party primaries across the country.
https://punchng.com/primaries-group-worries-over-extension-of-deadline-knocks-inec/

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
post=113238917:
Anything to move our darling nation forward is all we want at [/color].

God bless [color=#006600]Nigeria

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by McOluOmo: 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
Order from Buhari

More time to convince and confuse GEJ

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Tb222(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
This is the time for delegates let them enjoy their moment, votes goes ,to the highest bidder, your own time will come during the general elections, where 10k,20k,30k will be shared so make sure you get your pvc and don't forget to collect your money , Nigeria has since been sold,

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by ProfAmaben(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
Nothing works in this shithole, get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by tillaman(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
sad
These folks never get tired do they ??
Terrorist nation with a terrorist ruling party
What do you expect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by hisexcellency34: 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
INEC is an extension of APC

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by ProfAmaben(m): 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
[s]
post=113251739:
A better Nigeria is all we want
[/s]

Fixed: A Nigeria filled with criminals is what I want because I'm paid 30k monthly grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Runaway: 2:10pm On May 28, 2022
Nigeria is Nigeria....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by bhella10: 2:11pm On May 28, 2022
Doesn't stop Jagaban. A man of the people, a political juggernaut. PDP slayer. A man responsible for all the underdevelopment in the SE grin On Jagaban's mandate...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Pious101: 2:12pm On May 28, 2022
I just hope Nigeria's get it right this time around

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by iCauseTrouble: 2:12pm On May 28, 2022
No shaking. Let them postpone it till anytime. Peter Obi will still win the election anytime they are ready

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by tempest01(m): 2:13pm On May 28, 2022
post=113251739:

Go and find work and stop posting rubbish on every post.

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by McOluOmo: 2:14pm On May 28, 2022
[s]
post=113251739:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Realestatevixen: 2:14pm On May 28, 2022
Ok

Please I am looking out for remote job opportunities.

I have 11 years experience in banking , out of which 95% of it is in Service delivery and banking operations. I am currently in Nigeria, but I can work efficiently and efficiently remotely for any organisation in any part of the world. My resumè speaks volumes of my skill set, achievements and expertise.

You can reach me on +2348060291729.

Thank you and have a blessed weekend.
Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Henri244: 2:14pm On May 28, 2022
APC is not up to anything good!
APC would capitalize on the results of tonight's primaries to decide their fate.

PDP messed up big time, why not just postpone their presidential primaries till June 6th too?

2 Likes

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:14pm On May 28, 2022
tempest01:

Go and find work and stop posting rubbish on every post.
dem MANNA don show dis pikin shege for nairaland.com. see tears and wailing grin grin.
I am sure you had another nightmare about her last night wey she dey slap ur head as u dey snore grin
U never see anything .
Ur Madam na oga anyday anytime. U go wail tire grin
Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by oyinkel(m): 2:15pm On May 28, 2022
There's nothing independent in Nigeria oh, and APC will stop at nothing in their determined quest to retain power.

Many would be voters will start loosing interest in coming election, following INEC's DNEC's (Dependent National Electoral Commission) open show of bias, and that would be all in the interest of the political class. The lesser the number of Nigerians willing to decide who the next leader of the country should be, the better it is for the politicians.

Although I don't see any credible candidate winning the election, please still go out and vote influentially.

May GOD alone deliver us from these politicians in JESUS name.
Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Thisis2raw(m): 2:15pm On May 28, 2022
Why is Apc and inec working together in this democratic form if govt?

Apc will be the doom of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Mumusaphire: 2:15pm On May 28, 2022
post=113251739:
stop this ur silly imagination. U want better Nigeria, yet u rooting for bad leaders. U call urself patriot, yet u don't condemn bad governance. Sha...me on u
Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:16pm On May 28, 2022
Mumusaphire:
stop this ur silly imagination. U want better Nigeria, yet u rooting for bad leaders. U call urself patriot, yet u don't condemn bad governance. Sha...me on u
So anybody wey no support ur atiku na wahala. Supporter of thief and criminal. Shame on u and urs. Better start campaign for ur atiku the thief and leave dem MANNA with them Osinbajo. If d truth want to kill you, go on soun grin
Oh, ur moniker is mumusapphire.... no wonder grin grin grin
I say no more
Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by Mumusaphire: 2:18pm On May 28, 2022
[quote author=ILoveDemMANNA post=113251958][/quote]type ur trash as usual. Am waiting for u. U will collect wotowoto today.
Re: Primaries: TMG Worries Over Extension Of Deadline, Knocks INEC by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:21pm On May 28, 2022
Mumusaphire:
type ur trash as usual. Am waiting for u. U will collect wotowoto today.
Hot Afternoon wotowoto grin
Collect am grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Refinery Yet To Take Off As Deadline Elapses / The Rivers State Re-run Results So Far. (official) / Photo From Buhari's Son Accident Scene Emerges(see His Wrecked Bike)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.