Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (49320 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Denko2721987(m): 11:51am On May 29, 2022
ImoleNaija:
I would like to work with them as a transmission engineer. I don go follow the company on LinkedIn already. cheesy

You're welcome, STARLINK.

How does one become a transmission engineer? Cos I know it isn't studied in school. So is it by certification or courses
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by ImoleNaija: 12:04pm On May 29, 2022
Denko2721987:

How does one become a transmission engineer? Cos I know it isn't studied in school. So is it by certification or courses

You may google for more answer. But in my own case, I interned at a Telco company (Fiber transmission). The truth is that the position requires years (5 at least) of experience & I have just 2-years post-NYSC experience. I'm still in the field though.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Funflipper: 12:34pm On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

[b]Do you know there are people earning $30k monthly in Nigeria working US remote? [/b]There are hundreds, maybe thousands earning guaranteed $2k monthly working one job (let's not add those working two jobs, one in each timezone).

Tesla took a long time to break even (that's if they are currently even o). Jumia as a business has not made a profit for years since inception. It's a numbers game bro. Not everyone starts business with the Nigerian mindset of breaking even in day ,2 of starting business

Lol, working remotely as what for $30k a month?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by ObosiLandlord(m): 12:37pm On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Do you know there are people earning $30k monthly in Nigeria working US remote?
Are you for real shocked
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by 1880tamun: 12:55pm On May 29, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

You have just written lot of trash here.

So how many people in nigeria earn 30k dollars monthly working US remote?

So who gave the statistics of the hundred and thousands of people earning 2k dollars per month in Nigeria.

So how will hundreds of buyers make a company breakeven.

You claim tesla and jumia took long to make a profit and wrote that not everyone start business with the Nigerian mindset.

So you mean these jumai and tesla that raised lot of money from investors is what you are comparing to Nigerian businesses that have no support but some of them end up being successful.

You write like someone drunk on motivational book and speeches.
[/s]
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by 1880tamun: 12:55pm On May 29, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

One thing i love about people like you is the ability to brag online with nothing substantial to back it up

Ordinary Netflix,( 10dollars per month) dem no fit afford, 10 people sharing a single password, na starlinks of 99 dolls per month dem won buy.

Make una dey reason with una brain.
[/s]
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by 1880tamu: 12:55pm On May 29, 2022
[s]
thebosstrevor1:

na only you dey pay bills for Nigeria.

toxic you said...lol

you are not in touch with the reality of the shit hole you live in
[/s]
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 1:22pm On May 29, 2022
VirileNelly2420:

So, assuming u buy at rate of $100(let's call it N55k) for 100gb.

How many dude u go connect to recoup ur money, and how long d data fit carry una?
Cos I personally, 20gb no dey reach me 3weeks. So, if u com get my type for ur street...

The $99 is "ALL YOU CAN EAT" no data caps. E get were you go dey use free data reach to dey download no go dey sweet again. Your 20gb is small compared to some data drinkers. I did 80gb in the space of om hour last week

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 1:23pm On May 29, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Are you for real shocked
Funflipper:

Lol, working remotely as what for $30k a month?

Look up blockchain and crypto dev
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Leo4matic: 1:24pm On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

My guy forget. If you dey work remote work especially for US business you go know say $99/month na beans. It's not up to one day working minimum wage f or a US business

Pls How do I acquire this remote job, I here a whole lot of this everytime and I m really interested. Pls email me on how to go about it. matics4net@yahoo.com thanks
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by gadgethead: 1:37pm On May 29, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

But in that one month it is unlimited download and usage.

You can download 1 terabyte film sef

Very fast too

Before we jump into the water, let's watch out for the sharks and crocodiles...Here is the review of a current UK subscriber to starlink

[b]
Appalling non existent service that’s not fit for purpose
I am utterly disgusted with Starlink, who seem to have such disdain for the customers that after two years, there still isn’t any customer service. This, despite dozens of desperate claims on the Internet. Take my word for it, Starlink doesn’t care about you it just wants your money.

I myself have been waiting nearly a week already for any response whatsoever after my system completely died. We have had no internet at all for a week (imagine that). I have threatened legal action and they still haven’t got through to me, so I will be following through on that.

If I were you, unless you don’t need Internet on a daily basis, or any customer service, I definitely wouldn’t go near them with a barge pole. Their limited FAQs seem to have been written by an 8 year old in about 30 minutes. Hopeless. Maybe at sometime in the future if they stop their downright arrogance and actually employ some staff, things might be resolved, but as I have said they haven’t done it yet and it’s not like Elon is short of money is it. Personally i think they’re just sneering down their noses at us.

Additionally the company is registered in the UK and multiple European destinations with one single director, 39 year old LAUREN ASHLEY DREYER an engineer for Starlink who also ‘runs’ Lithuania and others. Must be a very busy person. And the one share of £1 is owned by an Amsterdam Shell company, STARLINK HOLDINGS NETHERLANDS B.V., so that they don’t pay UK tax, or any tax from any jurisdiction for that matter.

This is a highly expensive, supposedly premium, unreliable product, and there are better options. In any case, i barely get more speed than i can on 4G! Find someone else because they do not deserve our business [/b]
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by CypressHill2020: 1:37pm On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Until you realise that you need DTSv for Premier League or other DSTV content. I've been using unlimited Internet for months, DTSv sub although a bit more intermittent is still being paid

With the unlimited internet access, you still subscribe to DSTv? Interesting! It's been six (6) years of truly unlimited internet access for me and I've never looked back to consider DSTV.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Skseries: 1:37pm On May 29, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

Very fast too
lol u say it as if have used it before. Leme assume u have, Biko does it get affected by weather conditions?
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by gadgethead: 1:38pm On May 29, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

Very fast too

Before we jump into the water, let's watch out for the sharks and crocodiles...Here is the review of a current UK subscriber to starlink

[b] Appalling non existent service that’s not fit for purpose
I am utterly disgusted with Starlink, who seem to have such disdain for the customers that after two years, there still isn’t any customer service. This, despite dozens of desperate claims on the Internet. Take my word for it, Starlink doesn’t care about you it just wants your money.

I myself have been waiting nearly a week already for any response whatsoever after my system completely died. We have had no internet at all for a week (imagine that). I have threatened legal action and they still haven’t got through to me, so I will be following through on that.

If I were you, unless you don’t need Internet on a daily basis, or any customer service, I definitely wouldn’t go near them with a barge pole. Their limited FAQs seem to have been written by an 8 year old in about 30 minutes. Hopeless. Maybe at sometime in the future if they stop their downright arrogance and actually employ some staff, things might be resolved, but as I have said they haven’t done it yet and it’s not like Elon is short of money is it. Personally i think they’re just sneering down their noses at us.

Additionally the company is registered in the UK and multiple European destinations with one single director, 39 year old LAUREN ASHLEY DREYER an engineer for Starlink who also ‘runs’ Lithuania and others. Must be a very busy person. And the one share of £1 is owned by an Amsterdam Shell company, STARLINK HOLDINGS NETHERLANDS B.V., so that they don’t pay UK tax, or any tax from any jurisdiction for that matter.

This is a highly expensive, supposedly premium, unreliable product, and there are better options. In any case, i barely get more speed than i can on 4G! Find someone else because they do not deserve our business [/b]
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by gadgethead: 1:38pm On May 29, 2022
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

Very fast too

Appalling non existent service that’s not fit for purpose

This is a highly expensive, supposedly premium, unreliable product, and there are better options. In any case, i barely get more speed than i can on 4G! Find someone else because they do not deserve our business
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by foreshore(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Some of you have really small poverty riddled minds! Damn. Emancipate your self and mind from this poverty thinking. $99 per month for the kinds of speed from Starlink is expensive for a lot of Americans. But Americans living in remote locations with super limited Internet will pay that real quick bec the alternatives are super slow and super expensive. Me paying ₦170k makes me a Yahoo+? You make me sick with your poverty thinking.

You obviously living in fantasy far from reality.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by micxwell(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2022
LordofNaija:
Na to buy am open hotspot make my entire street connect for just 1k, per month. Sense no go kill me
5k per month is a steal not to talk of 1k.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:30pm On May 29, 2022
CypressHill2020:

With the unlimited internet access, you still subscribe to DSTv? Interesting! It's been six (6) years of truly unlimited internet access for me and I've never looked back to consider DSTV.

I'm a big brother fan. Partner is a Nigerian Idol fan
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 3:46pm On May 29, 2022
9gerian:
Paris, France 2019 (before the pandemic).

You are the one fishing for arguments without offering any counter argument.

Even my sisters that came back from Ukraine said the average data cost per month is about 2k in naira for unlimited for a month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 3:52pm On May 29, 2022
foreshore:

You obviously living in fantasy far from reality.

₦170k per month for internet is "living in fantasy" for you?
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by LordofNaija: 3:56pm On May 29, 2022
[quote author=VirileNelly2420 post=113279439]
So, assuming u buy at rate of $100(let's call it N55k) for 100gb.

How many dude u go connect to recoup ur money, and how long d data fit carry una?
Cos I personally, 20gb no dey reach me 3weeks. So, if u com get my type for ur street...[/quote
Consumption is unlimited]
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Freelancerx: 4:10pm On May 29, 2022
THURAFTERNOON:
Any mortal who is able is provide Nigerians unlimited data usage at a very affordable price will blow immediately … just imagine this development makes people ditch the airtel, mtn etc rip off data plans… elon Issa badass Igbo comrade cheesy
it is not even affordable. It’s expensive
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Kfed4ril(m): 5:23pm On May 29, 2022
juniorstar:
Unlimited data..issa goal..no need to think twice before downloading and updating apps.
App go dey on auto update, plus now wey new iPhones dey get upto 1tb of storage.
Oboy e go mad gaan.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by CypressHill2020: 7:05pm On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

I'm a big brother fan. Partner is a Nigerian Idol fan

That's cool.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by shogz89: 7:59pm On May 29, 2022
heryyy:

Oga yes starlink dish is big but it’s still moveable, people who go for camping and all that can go with it, i never told you it’s a pocket wifi/mifi, you can move it around and station it to a location where there is space to receive server from the satelite…
Uncle its not portable for everyday use simple. My response to you was "its not a mobile network" I never said you can't carry dish to camp site.. How many times do you go to camp in a year..

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by foreshore(m): 8:22pm On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

₦170k per month for internet is "living in fantasy" for you?

This guy is very unreal. Even if you are earning millions, it's very wise to spend "N170k on data for just 30days making it over N55k/week on data. Something obviously is not ok with you

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:35pm On May 29, 2022
foreshore:

This guy is very unreal. Even if you are earning millions, it's very wise to spend "N170k on data for just 30days making it over N55k/week on data. Something obviously is not ok with you

Lol! Bruh. Unreal?!, Αre you kidding me?! Go and price internet subscription with Static IP Address & guaranteed 15mbps up and down even from Glo then come and talk this nonsense you are talking. Internet is a work tool for me not a luxury purchase. So geddifok

₦55k weekly expense is unreal for you? Have you had to be on a Voice and video call for 8 hours straight every week day? Connecting to a server sitting on the other side of the world and having to deal with minimal latency? Gedifok

Or you think Internet for me is about streaming YouTube, Netflix and other mundane stuff? Have you been required to pull down a 2gb iso file in 3 mins and then use it to deploy a server that should be up and functioning in 7mins? Swerve man

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by LogicBomb8: 9:43pm On May 29, 2022
TheOldGods:
which one is tech boys, how many tech boys do we have in this country that will pay the salary of workers, pay for tax, still be able to buy diesel and others. It's expensive.
Do You know what unlimited means some people use 1tb daily
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by OCTAVO: 10:41am On May 30, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

99 dollars per month is very expensive for the average internet user in Nigeria, literally that is many people salary per month.

How many people in Nigeria do you think can afford 1gb data of 500 naira talkless of 99 dollars per month
If you know the worth of unlimited and reliable data, then you won't say it's expensive.
99 dollars is cheap bro. A lot of people can afford it conveniently.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by OCTAVO: 11:03am On May 30, 2022
Bossman:
Having unlimited data is one thing. However, having the uninterrupted electricity to really allow one to enjoy the unlimited streaming/data is another. Without solving the electricity issue, one can't really derive full benefits of unlimited internet.
Electricity can not be an issue for anyone that can afford 99 usd per month for data, for example I have a router that has been switched on for over a year. Still up and running..

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by brainycaleb(m): 4:56pm On May 30, 2022
I hope it will perform better than the sorry offers from the present dealers
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by YESSConsulting(m): 8:33pm On May 30, 2022
9gerian:
Paris, France 2019 (before the pandemic).

You are the one fishing for arguments without offering any counter argument.

This is Telekom.

https://www.telekom.de/mobilfunk/tarife/daten-tarife

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Man On Facebook Who Won't Stop Stalking Her Over Her Dressing / Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message / Nokia Phone Saves Owner's Life By Stopping A Bullet (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.