Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (49321 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Elon Musk’s STARLINK Approved By Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by BabalawoPikin(m): 5:49am On May 29, 2022
Ajibade123:

what's the main plan?
time will tell
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by do4luv14(m): 5:54am On May 29, 2022
heryyy:

They have no other option except the dish which can be move around anywhere in the country

I mean the complete package, including decoder

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by jacoik(m): 6:16am On May 29, 2022
Whizzy080:
If not our thieves political officers, why should our data expire? So I have to finish my data in a hurry before it expires
. isn't it my property? I should decide how to use it even if I want manage 100mb for a year it's my problem
may our ancestors bless you more for this truth. It hurt when you subscribe for this useless data and in a month, if e no finish dem go just wipe it off

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by meobizy(f): 6:23am On May 29, 2022
Bossman:
Having unlimited data is one thing. However, having the uninterrupted electricity to really allow one to enjoy the unlimited streaming/data is another. Without solving the electricity issue, one can't really derive full benefits of unlimited internet.
Buy six batteries for one laptop. Let me see how NEPA will kill my enjoyment after that.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nerdnextdoor: 6:32am On May 29, 2022
Google search indicates that Starlink increased pricing from $99/mo. to $110/mo. in March 2022, citing inflation. How do they expect people in the remotest areas, whom they claim it's basically meant for, to be able to afford such??
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by AdamsDee(m): 6:35am On May 29, 2022
When I can get the same unlimited service with fiber at N11,500

Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

But in that one month it is unlimited download and usage.

You can download 1 terabyte film sef

Very fast too
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by heryyy(m): 7:03am On May 29, 2022
Silentgroper:
Do i just need to just switch on my wifi or it comes in form of those mifi stuff

It comes with an outdoor receiver dish and a router…
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by heryyy(m): 7:09am On May 29, 2022
sniperr007:

Have you used it to know if it's fast.

� starlink is the fastest internet in the world �
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Dvino1: 7:10am On May 29, 2022
Glo thieves, mtn thieves, Airtel thieves, 9mobile incompetent and thieves, I hate all the mobile companies in Nigeria cos despite Nigeria population and hardship, milking pple dry with useless scam promo everyday on tv. I run a sport bet shop( without virtual) and commission is about #100k in a month, only data is eating #30k, we have not talked about fuel, workers salary(many useless this days who will shot you before month end), rent. It pains ,how can only data eat #30k. I buy glo 10k..50gb and it finishes in 10 days, that's evil. During the days of Visa phone before the evil MTN purchased it and killed it, we buy 13gb for about 7k, and it will take u through the month and attimes it will still remain to rollover, ... business in this country sef
Ebubu3:
$99 for a month

Every month $99

But in that one month it is unlimited download and usage.

You can download 1 terabyte film sef

Very fast too

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by heryyy(m): 7:12am On May 29, 2022
shogz89:
I have done my research bro, pls give me a link where starlink is portable, which you can carry around for every day use. Eg carry it to work or supermarket like a modem.

Oga yes starlink dish is big but it’s still moveable, people who go for camping and all that can go with it, i never told you it’s a pocket wifi/mifi, you can move it around and station it to a location where there is space to receive server from the satelite…
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 7:46am On May 29, 2022
foreshore:

Doing Yahoo+ abi. Guess you have nor travelled out before. Cos if you have, you will know that it's damn expensive

Lol! Some of you have really small poverty riddled minds! Damn. Emancipate your self and mind from this poverty thinking. $99 per month for the kinds of speed from Starlink is expensive for a lot of Americans. But Americans living in remote locations with super limited Internet will pay that real quick bec the alternatives are super slow and super expensive. Me paying ₦170k makes me a Yahoo+? You make me sick with your poverty thinking.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 7:47am On May 29, 2022
QuoteJustOnce:

They are ripping you off. I use "fibre" too and it comes with a static ip by default
40Mbps #21k.
Switch your provider.

Name of your provider please. And hopefully they provide service in my neighborhood
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 7:53am On May 29, 2022
TheManOfTheYear:
How you know a software engineer, when they use the word "use case" cheesy

And project manager! You have to qualify the situation make dem no go hook you for neck say you tok wetin you no talk
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 7:55am On May 29, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Its good, with unlimited internet one does not even need DSTV, so it will also cover the cost for DSTV.

Until you realise that you need DTSv for Premier League or other DSTV content. I've been using unlimited Internet for months, DTSv sub although a bit more intermittent is still being paid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by OlamOlam: 8:00am On May 29, 2022
Cool
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:02am On May 29, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

so how many people make money online in nigeria(shit hole) to make a company break even

you people will just sit at home in your basement and be typing nonsense online

Do you know there are people earning $30k monthly in Nigeria working US remote? There are hundreds, maybe thousands earning guaranteed $2k monthly working one job (let's not add those working two jobs, one in each timezone).

Tesla took a long time to break even (that's if they are currently even o). Jumia as a business has not made a profit for years since inception. It's a numbers game bro. Not everyone starts business with the Nigerian mindset of breaking even in day 2 of starting business
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:05am On May 29, 2022
cl0r0x:
Bad news for law enforcement. Now getting IP address ownership will require MLAT unless starlink stores data in Nigeria which I doubt. Chasing yahoo boys via ip addresses will now require musk's company to cooperate.

And you think they won't cooperate? Or you think the Nigerian government cannot force them to store Nigerian data in Nigeria? And I'm even more shocked that your worry is "chasing Yahoo boys"
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Allisgud: 8:10am On May 29, 2022
Elon musk should come up with a cheap pay as u go cable tv ,make we pursue multichoice commot for this country,in short make him come buy nigeria
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:12am On May 29, 2022
Bossman:
Having unlimited data is one thing. However, having the uninterrupted electricity to really allow one to enjoy the unlimited streaming/data is another. Without solving the electricity issue, one can't really derive full benefits of unlimited internet.

You are completely correct that power will be a major issue. Even the Starlinks dish needs to be powered as well. But, with use of renewables especially solar and wind you can have some semblance of stable power. NEPA cut me off the grid end of October last year because I refuse to pay inflated estimated bill. I haven't had power supply from the grid since then and I have been on solar. It hasn't been very easy doing that (you immediately switch off bulbs you aren't using, plan your TV watching time to coincidence with daytime when there's a lot of sun, can only use Inverter ACs and fridges) but it is doable. If I can, I will invest more in renewable setup and get rid of reliance on NEPA.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by swagifted(m): 8:16am On May 29, 2022
StarFist:
$99 ??
I dey mad?

it can service like four families in a 4 flat scenerio, each flat just need to pay 25 dollars each.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:33am On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Do you know there are people earning $30k monthly in Nigeria working US remote? There are hundreds, maybe thousands earning guaranteed $2k monthly working one job (let's not add those working two jobs, one in each timezone).

Tesla took a long time to break even (that's if they are currently even o). Jumia as a business has not made a profit for years since inception. It's a numbers game bro. Not everyone starts business with the Nigerian mindset of breaking even in day 2 of starting business

You have just written lot of trash here.

So how many people in nigeria earn 30k dollars monthly working US remote?

So who gave the statistics of the hundred and thousands of people earning 2k dollars per month in Nigeria.

So how will hundreds of buyers make a company breakeven.

You claim tesla and jumia took long to make a profit and wrote that not everyone start business with the Nigerian mindset.

So you mean these jumai and tesla that raised lot of money from investors is what you are comparing to Nigerian businesses that have no support but some of them end up being successful.

You write like someone drunk on motivational book and speeches.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 8:44am On May 29, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

You have just written lot of trash here.

So how many people in nigeria earn 30k dollars monthly working US remote?

So who gave the statistics of the hundred and thousands of people earning 2k dollars per month in Nigeria.

So how will hundreds of buyers make a company breakeven.

You claim tesla and jumia took long to make a profit and wrote that not everyone start business with the Nigerian mindset.

So you mean these jumai and tesla that raised lot of money from investors is what you are comparing to Nigerian businesses that have no support but some of them end up being successful.

You write like someone drunk on motivational book and speeches.

Lol! I will pass on your madness and trash you call "unpopular opinion . Be there and keep watching. If (and when) Starlinks comes watch the thousands of us buy it and watch Starlinks breakeven

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03am On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I will pass on your madness and trash you call "unpopular opinion . Be there and keep watching. If (and when) Starlinks comes watch the thousands of us buy it and watch Starlinks breakeven

One thing i love about people like you is the ability to brag online with nothing substantial to back it up

Ordinary Netflix,( 10dollars per month) dem no fit afford, 10 people sharing a single password, na starlinks of 99 dolls per month dem won buy.

Make una dey reason with una brain.
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:07am On May 29, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

One thing i love about people like you is the ability to brag online with nothing substantial to back it up

Ordinary Netflix,( 10dollars per month) dem no fit afford, 10 people sharing a single password, na starlinks of 99 dolls per month dem won buy.

Make una dey reason with una brain.

Lol! I don't need to prove myself to you bro. I'm a VOIP engineer. I can pay my bills. Absolutely no need to prove nothing to you and your toxic self. Yes 10 of us are sharing one Netflix password. It's even the mobile subscription one of ₦1,200 a month so it's not the HD one. 360p actually. Like I said, I don't have time for toxic looneys

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! I don't need to prove myself to you bro. I'm a VOIP engineer. I can pay my bills. Absolutely no need to prove nothing to you and your toxic self. Yes 10 of us are sharing one Netflix password. It's even the mobile subscription one of ₦1,200 a month so it's not the HD one. 360p actually. Like I said, I don't have time for toxic looneys

na only you dey pay bills for Nigeria.

toxic you said...lol

you are not in touch with the reality of the shit hole you live in
Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 9:29am On May 29, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

na only you dey pay bills for Nigeria.

toxic you said...lol

you are not in touch with the reality of the shit hole you live in

K

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Chuukwudi(m): 10:43am On May 29, 2022
9gerian:
A very welcome development.

Data cost about 2 euros (less than N1,500) for 100gb in the EU and environs the last time I checked.

We are being ripped off, although lack of adequate electricity supply is the major excuse for that, especially now that diesel costs have blown the roof.

Let us be guided please.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by motionarena: 10:54am On May 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

$99 monthly is dirt cheap. I presently pay ₦170k monthly for Internet
thats for you dummy.

$99 is more that 55k.
How many folks can afford that for monthly data.

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by revilomichaels(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2022
For now, Starlink costs $110 monthly and this excludes the satellite dish which you will mount in your house.
The dish costs $599(one time purchase)

They are not gonna use any mast like mtn so, you will own their satelite dish first..

Even if they come to Nigeria. It will serve companies and big offices well. As for the normal mobile phone users....

Call down, Mtn is still on our butt. No escape. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 11:09am On May 29, 2022
motionarena:
thats for you dummy.

$99 is more that 55k.
How many folks can afford that for monthly data.

Why are you calling me a dummy? Cos I said something is cheap for me is what warrants the insult?

Are you aware that loads of people already pay this same ₦55k for internet in Nigeria today? You guys really need to think a bit before degenerating to insults

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by VirileNelly2420: 11:31am On May 29, 2022
LordofNaija:
Na to buy am open hotspot make my entire street connect for just 1k, per month. Sense no go kill me
So, assuming u buy at rate of $100(let's call it N55k) for 100gb.

How many dude u go connect to recoup ur money, and how long d data fit carry una?
Cos I personally, 20gb no dey reach me 3weeks. So, if u com get my type for ur street...

1 Like

Re: How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria by Teenwolf(m): 11:39am On May 29, 2022
I cannot 60k for data when am not mad, elon musk should rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Man On Facebook Who Won't Stop Stalking Her Over Her Dressing / Nokia Phone Saves Owner's Life By Stopping A Bullet (photos) / Please My Phone Was Stolen And I Got A Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.