Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,386 members, 7,836,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise (30506 Views)

I Refused My Husband From Sleeping With Me. See Why? / Is It Wrong To Cook In My Married Brother's House? / Living With My Married Elder Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by finishmatter: 9:28am On May 30, 2022
Barrister026:
It's so annoying children of nowadays think because they got baby mamas up and down they got no respect for their elders, infact once they notice you haven't had a child yet no matter how old you are, they start looking at you like their age mates or even older than.

My kid bro who I single handedly passed down wears to back then has the audacity to talk to me anyhow just because he is a father of a 5 year old boy and another one is on the way. Well that's how he's been reason he toke a lot of beatings from me back in the days...

The recent happenings happened this morning after so many years, I came home for a very close relative's burial same with our eldest bro whose in his mid 30s. Discussion we were having, one thing led to another... this kid bro of mine flared up shouting at the top of his voice to my elder bro...mom telling him to shut up he's still talking...I immediately pounce on him in the presence of his wife and kid, I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro, not minding his wife watching.

Yes I'm angry with him, the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child. I say see this one, if I wanted to have kids I would have, how many ladies has tried to trap pregnancy on me all through this years. it's just man not yet ready yet, and been married don't Just freak me yet.

Mom been gingering me to apologise to him, but I refused? Why would I?

Yes I was wrong for beating him in the presence of his pregnant wife and kid, I didn't mean to embarrass him...I felt bad myself after the whole thing.. but before he was a husband he was first my kid bro.

Nice one bro. You didnt fight for ursef but defended the honour of ur eldest bro.
forget sentiments bro. You did the right ting beating him up in the presence of his wife. Be not ashamed or guilty about it. She is a human being.

Do not apologies to him. Never.

He must come down and apologies to u and ur bro. And if he bleeps up again, deal with him.

Nice one bro.

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Bignuell(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2022
nkemdi89:

We are talking about present day reality, if a man has a child out of wedlock no one frowns at him, instead to praise him for being responsible for accepting to father the child , remember he said the brother has done small introduction, if they are yorubas , na wife be that oh .
Like you rightly said "in present time". Truth is, lies are painted as truth and we praise mediocrity. Introduction is never marriage, it's not even dowry payment. In fact back then, after introduction, the girl still stays with her parents. It's because the society has degraded itself that is why standard are never recognized. Because everybody is seeing it as a norm, that is why it is nearly impossible to curb these excesses. Why would i praise a man because he took responsible of his own child, it's just like praising a governor because he facilitate easy movement of vehicles within his state. There are alot of things combined that makes a man responsible, but a man that would shame another man because he got it before him, is that being responsible?? Abeg make we dey talk truth sometime. He was wrong talking to his elder brother like that, and the OP was wrong for beating him partially (me i for break him nose sha grin). I'm not disputing what you said earlier but make we dey try dey look somethings from another angle grin

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by TempmailNigga: 9:57am On May 30, 2022
descarado:

Respect for this.

They don't know what they are supporting.
It's an abomination in some places. You dare not raise your hand on your siblings in front of their spouses. U don buy market.

Two of them are wrong. What caused the outburst isn't our business but the response.
If he had died, police wouldn't wanna hear he disrespected the elder bro..
Jail time for life. Even the elder bro will condemn him.

What happens to calling a family meeting and make him apologise?
Where is the family unity.

He will marry his own wife. Karma awaits.

descarado:

Respect for this.

They don't know what they are supporting.
It's an abomination in some places. You dare not raise your hand on your siblings in front of their spouses. U don buy market.

Two of them are wrong. What caused the outburst isn't our business but the response.
If he had died, police wouldn't wanna hear he disrespected the elder bro..
Jail time for life. Even the elder bro will condemn him.

What happens to calling a family meeting and make him apologise?
Where is the family unity.

He will marry his own wife. Karma awaits.

So You spread your filthy dark patched inner thighs revealing that wrinkled saggy sad aged looking Toto vomiting this useless comment
Abomination kill you throway there , You dey form useless I too know up and down for Nairaland like small pikin wey carry catarrh for nose.
Look You’re just a desperate frustrated nairaland monitoring low life sexx-starved dementedd sad lonely skanky bitter feminist, You Come Nairaland dey form dirty Alliance with low class hungry broke feminists like you and some shameless jobless guys wey over daft for here wey dey worship you dey lick your dirty fungal infested ass for here for cheap validation.
You’re sad, lonely, bitter & toxic, Get help!
Go stick syringe in your eyeballs though

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by nams77: 10:08am On May 30, 2022
Barrister026:
It's so annoying children of nowadays think because they got baby mamas up and down they got no respect for their elders, infact once they notice you haven't had a child yet no matter how old you are, they start looking at you like their age mates or even older than.

My kid bro who I single handedly passed down wears to back then has the audacity to talk to me anyhow just because he is a father of a 5 year old boy and another one is on the way. Well that's how he's been reason he toke a lot of beatings from me back in the days...

The recent happenings happened this morning after so many years, I came home for a very close relative's burial same with our eldest bro whose in his mid 30s. Discussion we were having, one thing led to another... this kid bro of mine flared up shouting at the top of his voice to my elder bro...mom telling him to shut up he's still talking...I immediately pounce on him in the presence of his wife and kid, I gave him the beating of his life, squeezed that his lip he was using to insult our eldest bro, not minding his wife watching.

Yes I'm angry with him, the day his wife gave birth out of wedlock, he was jubilating that he the last born first us to give our parent's a grand child. I say see this one, if I wanted to have kids I would have, how many ladies has tried to trap pregnancy on me all through this years. it's just man not yet ready yet, and been married don't Just freak me yet.

Yes I was wrong for beating him in the presence of his pregnant wife and kid, I didn't mean to embarrass him...I felt bad myself after the whole thing.. but before he was a husband he was first my kid bro.
As a senior man, my advice will be, have your mum, dad or an elder initiate a meeting. In the meeting, he should apologize to your elder brother first , then you can now apologize for beating him.

Even me, I have uncles ( my mum's younger brother) who are yet to be married or have kids. I still respect them to high heaven and will never insult them.
That's how things ought to be.
Don't be pressured into having kids out of wedlock. It's not a walk in a park
Don't listen to all these Shi*t advice from little children here

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Capernum: 10:26am On May 30, 2022
Interestingly, nobody is talking about what the elder brother said or did that warranted a rude response from him. Yes the guy is not mature, not even to have a family... And I know you're not just getting to know his pattern of reasoning.

What did the elder brother say or do?
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Fantazy(m): 11:31am On May 30, 2022
Father caughts his son red-handed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qe7XepB3w0
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by grandstar(m): 12:12pm On May 30, 2022
Barrister026
If the truth be said, you're acting like a child.

You're beating a grown man-and worse-in front of his wife and kid? Is he a kid? Are you still both kids?

You need to command respect and not demand it. If he's stupid, why stoop down to his level? Everyone will simply see you as a bully and an oppressor.

Never again fight - whether physically or verbally with your brother. If he's misbehaving, talk to him in a very matured manner (Proverbs 15:1)

Also, buy gifts worth about 30k like cornflakes, fruits, wine, milk etc and gift him and his family. The motive for this is to melt his heart and that of his family(Read Romans 12:20). First, have someone to deliver the gifts to him. Don't go yourself as he might want to harm you. Learn from Esau and Jacob. (Read Genesis 32:3-31;33:1-7).
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Nenzeey479: 12:13pm On May 30, 2022
tongue
Prevent:
Get out! with your moronic sense of reasoning.
tongue
Prevent:
Get out! with your moronic sense of reasoning.
He don collect
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by spiceadole: 1:49pm On May 30, 2022
Barrister026:

Dont apologise to him.
Give him space, blank him.

Except, well.. he is feeding you now
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Mikester: 2:58pm On May 30, 2022
mayim:

I swear down. This is the same thing I told myself. You do that to me in front of my wife and kids? My revenge will be super, I will almost take your life. There are better ways to approach issues and for those urging him on, una try o

Glad you see what I see.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Richy4(m): 3:04pm On May 30, 2022
Skyview01:
You are wrong. What you did was assault no matter the reason.
I am training my boys never to resort to violence as a means of conflict resolution.
your eldest bro has more emotional intelligence than you and you still have a lot of growing up to do.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Beautiful...I swear u are a good example of what most Nigerian parents should emulate..
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by achimendy(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2022
Barrister026:

At times you need to be violent to change some certain things. You did the right thing bro, if what you said is true. But like I always tell my brothers, we should not allow anything come between us no matter what. So I suggest you settle things with your brother for the good of the family. I know some brothers can be stubborn, but there's nothing like peace and unity in a family.

So try and settle things out.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by gassbee: 9:46pm On May 30, 2022
Dailyparrot:

The reason he was able to beat his younger brother, an adult, is because he's stronger and probably bigger than him.

And secondly, maybe because the younger brother isn't that financially capable.

I am sure if it were his younger sister (an adult) that he beat before her husband and kid, the comments here would be different.

I am the last born and stubborn. They have not born that elder brother well that will think of raising his filthy hands against me no matter what.

Like I said, Op's younger brother doesn't have money thus the reason for the disrespect.

You beat up an adult before his wife and child and you feel you've done well? Pray he isn't cooking something to serve you by surprise. I guess you have seen him finish.

Try such rascality with me and watch me fight you tooth and nail from every angle.

Nonsense.
from the way u sound is obvious u dont have a good relationship with your siblings, no,love at all
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kafeii123: 11:34am On May 31, 2022
osazsky:
Those of u supporting this idiot actually think beating an adult will make the adult change..op wan just scatter him family..i am much more worried abt the physchological impact this will have on his nephew..foolishman

The nephew will learn how to handle such situations in future....that not having money/ child early does not in any way reduce his humanity or self value and respect and he should not condone anyone who attempts to disrespect him on the basis of his conscious decision to either not yet marry or buy car...build house or anything.
It's a worthy lesson to learn if you ask me
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kafeii123: 11:36am On May 31, 2022
mayim:

Ok, so I do not know the kind of relationship you have with your own dad. For this context, I’m hoping it’s a good one and I hope you see him as your hero… imagine having to watch alongside your mum , hun getting a beat down from his older brother… it’s a messed up situation. If he needed to beat the guy up that much, he could have done with while his family isn’t watching. His ego and manhood has been shattered and that family might never know unity again. Is that your definition of ‘problem solved’? There’s always a better approach to issues

His family will know unity... because it will no longer be condoned for anyone to think that being able to amass this world's goods is a basis to upturn the order of things.....
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kafeii123: 11:40am On May 31, 2022
urose93:
Both of you are the same. It's just that your kid brother displayed his insolence not minding who is involved, and you displayed your inherent animalistic behavior claiming it was a deserved revenge. Reasonable adult siblings don't engage in physical combact. They talk matters out. They reason together. Even when there could be a cause for quarrel, they sheath their sword. They understand that as they growing, they need to set good example. Just go and apologize to that your little nephew, reasonable uncles set good example

There's an old American country song ...it ends with something like this...

"I promised you my dad not to do the things you've done...I stayed away from trouble when I could....it wasn't too easy to turn the order cheek...I hope you're not too old to understand....that sometimes you have to fight if you're a man...."

Fighting isn't always right...but there are times when a single action achieves what a million words couldn't
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kafeii123: 11:41am On May 31, 2022
skuribeebo:
Thank God you got strength to beat him. If na me be ur kid brother, I go kill u right there.
U can't beat me in the front of my wife and kids.

Same way you shouldn't act stupid, insolent and obnoxious in front of your wife and kids...

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kafeii123: 11:48am On May 31, 2022
kkins25:
Hopefully he isn't the bread winner of the family too. Since na pikin him born then i don't see why he should be feeling on top of the world.

but if he somehow becomes the richest among you, oh boy, no be small wahala for you oh. He can organize family meetings and cut you out.

Richest or not
.....his money should be to help make his elderly siblings better...but with this attitude
..he's someone whose money won't have been of any real benefit to his elderly siblings... except for insulting giveaways to them every now and then... hardly will he move to get them settled and living better... he'd prefer taking the.on as staffers rather than helping them to begin making their own monies

1 Like

Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kafeii123: 11:51am On May 31, 2022
Dailyparrot:

The reason he was able to beat his younger brother, an adult, is because he's stronger and probably bigger than him.

And secondly, maybe because the younger brother isn't that financially capable.

I am sure if it were his younger sister (an adult) that he beat before her husband and kid, the comments here would be different.

I am the last born and stubborn. They have not born that elder brother well that will think of raising his filthy hands against me no matter what.

Like I said, Op's younger brother doesn't have money thus the reason for the disrespect.

You beat up an adult before his wife and child and you feel you've done well? Pray he isn't cooking something to serve you by surprise. I guess you have seen him finish.

Try such rascality with me and watch me fight you tooth and nail from every angle.

Nonsense.

Lol..... insolent kids have the same streaks....you overtalk...dem beat u... instead make you take da wan get sense correct yourself so you don't go do worse outside and get your life snuffed out as a consequence... you're still busying your belligerent head to think up revenge strategies...lmao
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Lovelydaisies: 4:25pm On May 31, 2022
emmke:
You are an idiot for beating your brother in front of his wife and child. You are a big coward bully. The women on this forum are only approving your actions because the person at the receiving end of the violence is a man. I can assure you that their comments would have been different if you had beaten a woman (your sister), even if she did something worse.
Men like you are disgusting and if I were your brother, I would exert my vengeance on you when you least expect it.
Coward.

Rants and nonsense. Did the younger brother not insult him in front of his wife and child?
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by Lovelydaisies: 4:45pm On May 31, 2022
Mikester:

I don't know the family you came from, but if I were your younger brother, believe you me, I will make sure you reach the grave. You don't dishonor me in the presence of those who look up to me. There are other ways to handle such circumstances other than violence. A man your age should know better.

Pray tell, how should he have handled it, he insulting and disrespecting his elder brother in the presence of his fiancee and child?
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kkins25(m): 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
kafeii123:

Richest or not
.....his money should be to help make his elderly siblings better...but with this attitude
..he's someone whose money won't have been of any real benefit to his elderly siblings... except for insulting giveaways to them every now and then... hardly will he move to get them settled and living better... he'd prefer taking the.on as staffers rather than helping them to begin making their own monies

Money is a dangerous thing oh. For example, my family has had a litte setback. My kid bro(third born) who happens to be doing 9-5 two days ago was telling me that he wants to call for family meeting since i as the first born hasn't done it.

I was like, nigga, you ain't even taking care of nobody yet, but, Cus u get 9-5, u have suddenly become the boss? who died and made you boss? Meanwhile, i am taking care of two little ones(school fees, etc.) and feeding the home.

Make you just hustle o. because if he blow before you, everybody would turn him to "head of the house" if he is contributing more than the rest of y'all.
No be by birth right oh!

Since you guys are all men, there would be struggle for top of pecking order. especially between u nd him.

Please, as a first born myslef who has had to put up with disrespect from two siblings who i helped take care of even during their schooling days. Violence creates more problem than it solves. Resentment is a real thing.. its subtle but aleays there waiting for a crack in the wall.
Re: I Had A Fight With My Married Younger Brother, I refused to Apologise by kafeii123: 2:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
kkins25:

Money is a dangerous thing oh. For example, my family has had a litte setback. My kid bro(third born) who happens to be doing 9-5 two days ago was telling me that he wants to call for family meeting since i as the first born hasn't done it.

I was like, nigga, you ain't even taking care of nobody yet, but, Cus u get 9-5, u have suddenly become the boss? who died and made you boss? Meanwhile, i am taking care of two little ones(school fees, etc.) and feeding the home.

Make you just hustle o. because if he blow before you, everybody would turn him to "head of the house" if he is contributing more than the rest of y'all.
No be by birth right oh!

Since you guys are all men, there would be struggle for top of pecking order. especially between u nd him.

Please, as a first born myslef who has had to put up with disrespect from two siblings who i helped take care of even during their schooling days. Violence creates more problem than it solves. Resentment is a real thing.. its subtle but aleays there waiting for a crack in the wall.

I partly agree with you sha.... That's the problem with family members and these kind of stuff....the very ones you break your backs for turning around to act like they owe u nothing.. simply because God picked their calls...but it's all stupid sha.... reason is because although it takes a while to sink into people's heads ...at the end of the day....na small setback in fortune or health go return the person to level one... People wey suppo support am then nor go fit com fill in... A family is really just as rich as it's poorest member sha...in my own opinion...

As for calling family meeting.... anybody wey won call make e call o.... All the ones wey u d elderly one don bn call before..na your own moni you kuku have been spending...if the attendees now don't have enough sense to prevent the organizer from insulting you at the meeting....na person wey die naim I'm own don finish...when things turn around for you...you go Sabi who and who b better person...

Yorubas say that life doesn't go on endlessly like a gun's barrel...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / My Wife Had A Son For Another Man, What Should I Do? / I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.