Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins (954 Views)

If Jesus Died For Our Sins,then Came Back To Life,wouldn't That Break The Deal? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Why Christians Still Battle With Fornication. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 6:33pm On May 29, 2022
compton11:
so they don't clean oil pressure gauge if they want to clean the oil?

Watch them closely, they use the clean parts of their clothes and not the oil caked dirty part..
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by AllenforGOD(m): 6:35pm On May 29, 2022
pdppower:

If I don't sin, which sin of mine has he now died for? What will be wasteful to me is for me not to sin. I have to sin to justify his dying for me. Don't you think so?
angry
pdppower:

If I don't sin, which sin of mine has he now died for? What will be wasteful to me is for me not to sin. I have to sin to justify his dying for me. Don't you think so?
This one sef,wetin u dey talk commot 4 mouth,how would jesus die 4 u and you are speaking of living in sin,and u said what was d essence of him dying,he died so you and i can be justified and cleanse
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by AllenforGOD(m): 6:49pm On May 29, 2022
If jesus didnt die 4 u ,do you think u would have been alive today
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 12:15am On May 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Watch them closely, they use the clean parts of their clothes and not the oil caked dirty part..
inshort Jesus never do for anybody.

He has already taught people what they must do to have enternal Life
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 12:20am On May 30, 2022
AllenforGOD:
If jesus didnt die 4 u ,do you think u would have been alive today
weren't people alive before him?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by AllenforGOD(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2022
compton11:
weren't people alive before him?
Sorry is ur name,jesus died to justify all
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 9:20am On May 30, 2022
AllenforGOD:
Sorry is ur name,jesus died to justify all
yinmu

That sounds like paganic.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On May 30, 2022
compton11:
inshort Jesus never do for anybody.

He has already taught people what they must do to have enternal Life

True. But the perfection of the completion of eternal life is the purging and the Removal of all past sins.

Sin-none-ness (Holiness) is the Qualification for eternal life.

And if a soul has learnt to stop sinning, which is what Christ taught, he would still be guilty for his past unremoved sins and that would make him qualified to be an inmate of Lake of Fire.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 3:16pm On May 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

True. But the perfection of the completion of eternal life is the purging and the Removal of all past sins.

Sin-none-ness (Holiness) is the Qualification for eternal life.

And if a soul has learnt to stop sinning, which is what Christ taught, he would still be guilty for his past unremoved sins and that would make him qualified to be an inmate of Lake of Fire.
ain't no past sin,how the fvck I'm I concern with Adam and Eve sin?

Their sins has nothing to do with me

New International Version

“In those days people will no longer say, ‘The parents have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge

Jeremiah 32:29

If u sin and u die in your sin,Jesus will never save u
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On May 30, 2022
compton11:
ain't no past sin,how the fvck I'm I concern with Adam and Eve sin?

Their sins has nothing to do with me

Did I say any thing about Adam and Eve sin?

I said "past sin". Specifically, your own wickedness and evil and sin which you did and are guilty of before you started listening to Christ and complying with what He Said.

Throughout the Bible, NO MAN WAS EVER CONDEMNED BY ADAM AND EVE'S SIN, THEY WERE ALL CONDEMNED BY THEIR OWN DOINGS AND THEIR OWN SINS.

So, your past sin is those you yourself did with your own hands and soul.

compton11:

If u sin and u die in your sin,Jesus will never save u

Yes! And every man has sinned and sins BUT THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO CHOOSE TO LIVE WITH THEIR SINS TO DEATH OR CHOOSE TO HAVE THEIR SINS WIPED OUT AND LIVE NONE-SIN, TO OBTAIN LIFE EVERLASTING.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by compton11(m): 6:18pm On May 30, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Did I say any thing about Adam and Eve sin?

I said "past sin". Specifically, your own wickedness and evil and sin which you did and are guilty of before you started listening to Christ and complying with what He Said.

Throughout the Bible, NO MAN WAS EVER CONDEMNED BY ADAM AND EVE'S SIN, THEY WERE ALL CONDEMNED BY THEIR OWN DOINGS AND THEIR OWN SINS.

So, your past sin is those you yourself did with your own hands and soul.

Yes! And every man has sinned and sins BUT THEY HAVE A CHOICE TO CHOOSE TO LIVE WITH THEIR SINS TO DEATH OR CHOOSE TO HAVE THEIR SINS WIPED OUT AND LIVE NONE-SIN, TO OBTAIN LIFE EVERLASTING.

Paul told us that it was because of Adam and Eve sin that we inherited that was the reason why Jesus died for us!

Or was Paul lying?

Romans 5:12-21
New International Version

Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ

12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man,and death through sin,and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned

13 To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not charged against anyone’s account where there is no law.
14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam,who is a pattern of the one to come.

15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man,how much more did God’s grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ,overflow to the many!

16 Nor can the gift of God be compared with the result of one man’s sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.

17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

18 Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.

19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man, the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more

21 so that, just as sin reigned in death,(S) so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkiee: 8:48pm On May 11, 2023
dontrulee:
Lol... The holy book says, for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God! grin grin
Stop misquoting Paul for Pete's sake! undecided

What Paul wrote in Romans 3 was not in reference to all humans but instead to the evil people, fools who reject God. This you can easily discover by researching the source of his many statements which are culled from various places in scripture.

■Beginning in Romans 3 vs 10 - 18, Paul quotes from various parts of scripture in his attempt to explain to his brethren that they were in fact the wicked and evil generation to the destroyed by God. Yes, at that point in time, God's plan was to destroy the rest of Israel — the Nation of Judah aka the Jews— and that plan was heralded by the coming of Jesus Christ. Below, we see that what Paul wrote in that passage was of the evil people who were against God.

Romans 3 vs 10 - 12 quotes Psalm 53 where David writes about the evil people who do terrible things.
1 Only fools think there is no God. People like that are evil and do terrible things. They never do what is right.
2 God looks down from heaven to see if there is anyone who is wise, anyone who looks to him for help.
3 But everyone has turned away from him. Everyone has become evil. No one does anything good. No, not one person!
4 Those who are evil treat my people like bread to be eaten. And they never ask for God’s help. Don’t they understand what they are doing? - Psalm 53 vs 1 - 3
The above passage clearly says that this prophecy was said of the evil people aka the fools who convinced themselves that God does not exist. You know this from reading verse 4 where God highlights the way evil people treat His people. undecided
Romans 3 vs 13 a Paul references David's prayer against his enemies found in Psalm 5
8 Lord, show me your right way of living and make it easy for me to follow. People are looking for my weaknesses, so show me how you want me to live.
9 My enemies never tell the truth. They only want to destroy people. Their words come from mouths that are like open graves. They use their lying tongues to deceive others.[a]
10 Punish them, God! Let them be caught in their own traps. They have turned against you, so punish them for their many crimes. - Psalm 5 vs 8 - 10
Romans 3 vs 13 b quotes from Psalm 140 where David prays to God regarding the evil people
1 Lord, save me from people who are evil. Protect me from those who are cruel,
2 from those who plan to do evil and always cause trouble.
3 Their words are as harmful as the fangs of a snake, as deadly as its venom. Selah
4 Lord, save me from the wicked! Protect me from these cruel people who plan to hurt me.
5 These proud people are trying to trap me. They spread nets to catch me; they set traps in my path. Selah - Psalm 140 vs 1 - 5
Romans 13 vs 15 quotes from Proverbs 1 which is a warning against evil people
10 My son, those who love to do wrong will try to trick you. Don’t listen to them.
11 They will say, “Come with us. Let’s hide and beat to death anyone who happens to walk by.
12 We will swallow them whole, as the grave swallows the dying.
13 We will take everything they have and fill our houses with stolen goods.
14 So join us, and you can share everything we get.”
15 My son, don’t follow them. Don’t even take the first step along that path.
16 They run to do something evil, and they cannot wait to kill someone. - Proverbs 1 vs 10 - 15
Romans 13 vs 16 - 17 references Isaiah's writing on the state of the evil people, whose sins separate them from God
1 Look, the Lord’s power is enough to save you. He can hear you when you ask him for help.
2 It is your sins that separate you from your God. He turns away from you when he sees them.
3 That’s because your hands are covered with blood from the people you murdered. You tell lies and say evil things.
4 You can’t be trusted, even in court. You lie about each other and depend on false arguments to win your cases. You create pain and produce wickedness.
5 You hatch evil, like eggs from a poisonous snake. Anyone who eats the eggs will die. And if you break one of them open, a poisonous snake will come out. Your lies are like spider webs.
6 They cannot be used for clothes, and you cannot cover yourself with them. Your hands are always busy sinning and hurting others.
7 Your feet run toward evil. You are always ready to kill innocent people. You think of nothing but evil. Everywhere you go you cause trouble and ruin.
8 You don’t know how to live in peace. You don’t do what is right and fair. You are crooked, and anyone who lives like that will never know true peace. - Isaiah 59 vs 1 - 8
Romans 13 vs 18 references Psalm 18 where David writes of the evil people and the workings of their minds.
1 Deep in the hearts of the wicked a voice tells them to do wrong. They have no respect for God.
2 They lie to themselves. They don’t see their own faults, so they are not sorry for what they do.
3 Their words are wicked lies. They have stopped doing anything wise or good.
4 They make wicked plans in bed at night. They choose a way of life that does no good. And they never say no to anything evil. - Psalm 36 vs 1 - 4

As you can see, every single passage of Scripture that was quoted by Paul in that context was written in reference to people who do evil — the unrighteous. And of course, there are none righteous among the evil people for they have all sinned. After establishing his focus in the earlier verses, the evil people i.e. the unrighteous, in verses 19-20 Paul reiterates that the curse on the unrighteous cannot be removed right by the Law(of Moses) — they cannot be made righteous by following the Old Law.

In verse 21, Paul then posits that God has provided for the unrighteous(evil people) a path to redemption by which they can be made righteous and that path is the New Law(The Good News). Paul insists that God makes the unrighteous people righteous through their faith in Jesus Christ and He does so for all those who believe in Jesus Christ, verse 22. Again, Paul insists in verse 23 that all(the evil people aka unrighteous) have sinned and come short of the glory of God and can only be made righteous by following, not the old Law, but the new Law which offers the free gift of grace(Eternal Life). Paul also insists that the unrighteous are able to become righteous in God by becoming free from their sins through Jesus Christ. In verses 25-26, Paul then recapped by saying that God gave Jesus Christ a way to forgive the sins of people — the unrighteous aka sinners whom He came to call to repentance — by way of what Paul refers to as the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

In all, the primary audience or focus of Paul's writing in Roman 3 were the unrighteous sinners in the land, ignoring the righteous people who equally existed at the time. As a matter of fact, at the time of Paul's writing of this epistle, the other disciples of Jesus Christ were probably righteous given they already obtained the Spirit of Truth for a companion long before this. Paul in no way meant this to say that there were absolutely no righteous individuals in the land. Rather, he focused his message on those who were listed as unrighteous and remained under God's curse from the Old Law, and yet to be set free from slavery to sin by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by dontrulee: 10:59am On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Stop misquoting Paul for Pete's sake! undecided

What Paul wrote in Romans 3 was not in reference to all humans but instead to the evil people, fools who reject God. This you can easily discover by researching the source of his many statements which are culled from various places in scripture.

■Beginning in Romans 3 vs 10 - 18, Paul quotes from various parts of scripture in his attempt to explain to his brethren that they were in fact the wicked and evil generation to the destroyed by God. Yes, at that point in time, God's plan was to destroy the rest of Israel — the Nation of Judah aka the Jews— and that plan was heralded by the coming of Jesus Christ. Below, we see that what Paul wrote in that passage was of the evil people who were against God.

Romans 3 vs 10 - 12 quotes Psalm 53 where David writes about the evil people who do terrible things.
The above passage clearly says that this prophecy was said of the evil people aka the fools who convinced themselves that God does not exist. You know this from reading verse 4 where God highlights the way evil people treat His people. undecided
Romans 3 vs 13 a Paul references David's prayer against his enemies found in Psalm 5

Romans 3 vs 13 b quotes from Psalm 140 where David prays to God regarding the evil people

Romans 13 vs 15 quotes from Proverbs 1 which is a warning against evil people

Romans 13 vs 16 - 17 references Isaiah's writing on the state of the evil people, whose sins separate them from God

Romans 13 vs 18 references Psalm 18 where David writes of the evil people and the workings of their minds.

As you can see, every single passage of Scripture that was quoted by Paul in that context was written in reference to people who do evil — the unrighteous. And of course, there are none righteous among the evil people for they have all sinned. After establishing his focus in the earlier verses, the evil people i.e. the unrighteous, in verses 19-20 Paul reiterates that the curse on the unrighteous cannot be removed right by the Law(of Moses) — they cannot be made righteous by following the Old Law.

In verse 21, Paul then posits that God has provided for the unrighteous(evil people) a path to redemption by which they can be made righteous and that path is the New Law(The Good News). Paul insists that God makes the unrighteous people righteous through their faith in Jesus Christ and He does so for all those who believe in Jesus Christ, verse 22. Again, Paul insists in verse 23 that all(the evil people aka unrighteous) have sinned and come short of the glory of God and can only be made righteous by following, not the old Law, but the new Law which offers the free gift of grace(Eternal Life). Paul also insists that the unrighteous are able to become righteous in God by becoming free from their sins through Jesus Christ. In verses 25-26, Paul then recapped by saying that God gave Jesus Christ a way to forgive the sins of people — the unrighteous aka sinners whom He came to call to repentance — by way of what Paul refers to as the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

In all, the primary audience or focus of Paul's writing in Roman 3 were the unrighteous sinners in the land, ignoring the righteous people who equally existed at the time. As a matter of fact, at the time of Paul's writing of this epistle, the other disciples of Jesus Christ were probably righteous given they already obtained the Spirit of Truth for a companion long before this. Paul in no way meant this to say that there were absolutely no righteous individuals in the land. Rather, he focused his message on those who were listed as unrighteous and remained under God's curse from the Old Law, and yet to be set free from slavery to sin by Jesus Christ. undecided

That's why people like you no dey perform well for exams. You want to tell you that since the beginning of your existence on planet earth, you've committed a single sin? Dey play. grin grin
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkiee: 3:47pm On May 12, 2023
dontrulee:
■ That's why people like you no dey perform well for exams. You want to tell you that since the beginning of your existence on planet earth, you've committed a single sin? Dey play. grin grin
God is not concerned about what you did yesterday as what matters is whether at this moment in time, you have been approved Righteous by Him or not. It is as simple as that. If you continue to allow your sins to stand in your way — aka you remain unrighteous — He will not deal directly with you. So, as long as you choose to wallow in sin for sin's sake, I am afraid you ae the one who will continue to fail the exam. undecided
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by dontrulee: 6:39pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
God is not concerned about what you did yesterday as what matters is whether at this moment in time, you have been approved Righteous by Him or not. It is as simple as that. If you continue to allow your sins to stand in your way — aka you remain unrighteous — He will not deal directly with you. So, as long as you choose to wallow in sin for sin's sake, I am afraid you ae the one who will continue to fail the exam. undecided

Simple question, have you sinned before or not?
grin grin
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by dontrulee: 6:44pm On May 12, 2023
Kobojunkiee:

Failing an exam is not the end of life, I didn't even say that you would fail any exam. What I said is that your lack of understanding simple questions will not make you perform well in an exam. And that's evident from the unrelated answers you're giving to a very simple question.
Once again, have you ever sinned ?
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkiee: 7:17pm On May 12, 2023
dontrulee:
■Failing an exam is not the end of life, I didn't even say that you would fail any exam. What I said is that your lack of understanding simple questions will not make you perform well in an exam. And that's evident from the unrelated answers you're giving to a very simple question. Once again, have you ever sinned ?
1. Paul made clear — even by the writings of the prophets which he quoted from — that it is the wicked and evil people that he refers to as having sinned and fallen short of God's Standard. You reject Paul's assertions in his own epistle claiming instead that that which the prophets — all of them righteous men— wrote regarding the evil people, (situations quoted by Paul) are all false. And you think I am the one who lacks understanding of this? undecided

At the time Paul wrote those epistles, do you know that he, previously, an unrighteous, had probably already been approved righteous by God Himself? So, it is that you think God's approval of Paul matters nothing because Paul used to be a sinner? undecided
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by dontrulee: 2:02am On May 13, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
1. Paul made clear — even by the writings of the prophets which he quoted from — that it is the wicked and evil people that he refers to as having sinned and fallen short of God's Standard. You reject Paul's assertions in his own epistle claiming instead that that which the prophets — all of them righteous men— wrote regarding the evil people, (situations quoted by Paul) are all false. And you think I am the one who lacks understanding of this? undecided

At the time Paul wrote those epistles, do you know that he, previously, an unrighteous, had probably already been approved righteous by God Himself? So, it is that you think God's approval of Paul matters nothing because Paul used to be a sinner? undecided

For all have sinned and come Short of the glory of God. All means (everyone, whether evil or righteous or good or bad) for all have sinned, you may want to exclude Jesus Christ from the list but in the end, he also became Sin himself in order to defeat sin. Abi you don't know the meaning of all again? grin
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On May 13, 2023
dontrulee:
■ For all have sinned and come Short of the glory of God. All means (everyone, whether evil or righteous or good or bad) for all have sinned, you may want to exclude Jesus Christ from the list but in the end, he also became Sin himself in order to defeat sin. Abi you don't know the meaning of all again? grin
Your ego won't even let you admit that what God says matters more, will it? undecided

Again, Paul'z address was directed at those who are ---- present tense--- living under the curse of the Old Law, the same ones whose wickedness are highlighted in all the scriptures referenced. undecided
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by dontrulee: 2:20am On May 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Your egos never let you admit your mistake, does it? undecided

Again, Paul address was directed at those who are ---- present tense--- living under the curse of the Old Law, the same ones whose wickedness are highlighted in all the scriptures referenced. undecided

If Paul was addressing evil people as you claimed, he would have said it plainly.
If it's only evil people that sinned, then why the Jesus come to die for everyone both the righteous and the unrighteous, both the good and the bad?
It's you who don't understand simple English and want to confuse yourself with your bogus references that makes no sense or relevance to the simple question I asked you. Just admit your wrong and that like everyone, you've also sinned before. Abi you never sin from birth?
The first step to salvation is to acknowledge that you're a sinner and that you cannot help yourself, indeed man cannot help himself no matter how hard he tried and that's why God sent his son according to the Bible. But you my friend here, maybe because of so much knowledge of the letter that killeth doesn't want to admit that you're once a sinner like everyone before getting saved. I'm even begining to wonder if indeed you're genuinely saved. God bless your soul. grin
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkie: 2:22am On May 13, 2023
dontrulee:
If Paul was addressing evil people as you claimed, he would have said it plainly. grin
Paul did exactly that when he quoted ONLY Scriptures that specifically point to the wicked and unrighteous people...He made that message clear enough by indicating that they are those targeted by Jesus Christ, the sinners whom He came to call.. undecided

That you ignore that pivotal detail does not change the facts. undecided
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by dontrulee: 2:28am On May 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Paul did exactly that when he quoted ONLY Scriptures that specifically point to the wicked and unrighteous people...He made that message clear enough by indicating that they are those targeted by Jesus Christ, the sinners whom He came to call.. undecided

That you ignore that pivotal detail does not change the facts. undecided

Which facts? That you twist the scriptures to fit your understanding doesn't make it a fact.
So Jesus died for only the sinners??
And once again, that scripture "all have sinned" was not referring to evil people but everyone, including those yet unborn. That's a plain English for everyone to understand Sir. Stop twisting scriptures! grin
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkie: 2:45am On May 13, 2023
dontrulee:
■ Which facts? That you twist the scriptures to fit your understanding doesn't make it a fact.
■ So Jesus died for only the sinners??
And once again, that scripture "all have sinned" was not referring to evil people but everyone, including those yet unborn. That's a plain English for everyone to understand Sir. Stop twisting scriptures! grin
1. Post the scripture which was twisted explaining the twist. This is a direct challenge. undecided

2. Jesus Christ died for sinners does not mean all those who believed in Him continue in sin aka unrighteousness aka wickedness aka evil. Some had already attained God’s righteousness prior to the time of Paul's writing of his epistles. And Paul himself may have in fact already been approved righteous --- under the New Law --- even as he wrote that entry in his epistle. Making it nonsensical to assume that when he wrote the words, "there is none righteous, no not one", that Paul in fact meant that absolutely no human alive is approved righteous by God or can attain God's righteousness. undecided

"All have sinned.." --- present tense-- was said in reference to those who live, in the present, under the curse of the Law of Moses, the sinners. Paul didnt ssy those words in reference to those who had already adopted the New Law and were living in obedience of it nor those who had already attained righteousness by it. If Paul had meant to include even those who had already been found righteous by God at the the time of his writing, he would have said instead "All had sinned....", but he didn't. Paul wasn't an idiot. But I bet he didn't expect that a bunch of eejits --- from a religion that calls itself Christianity--- would surmise from his epistle --- though the quotes from the particular writings from the prophets should have serve as enough clarification otherwise--- that there were absolutely no righteous individuals on the planet. undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On May 13, 2023
pdppower:
His death is because you have in fact sinned(past tense), and not for sins you have yet to commit. undecided
Re: This Is Why Christians Believe That Jesus Died For Sins by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On May 20, 2023
SPTruth:
■ This is how it works. Sinning purposely attracts the wrath of God, it is a different thing if you fornicate with someone by falling into temptation then you repent before God and promise not to sin again, but when you have a steady partner, you go to church, you listen to sermons that tell you not to fornicate, you come back and sleep with your partner, and you repeat the pattern week in week out, at first your conscience will begin to judge, later it will be weakened and you will stop feeling guilty.
■ However, if you turn to the Lord and repent and promise not to continue, He will forgive you, but if His wrath falls on you because of your sin and it angers him, the protection He has over you might be removed completely or partially, then the devil will have an opening to harm you, it could be an accident, sickness etc, but if you die in that sin, you will ve seperated eternally fron God.
This is a lie since Jesus Christ never said or taught His followers that there would be any such wrath of God after them for their sins. Rather, those sinners who continue in sin after becoming born-again remain burdened by the weight of their old sins and the consequences therein denying themselves of redemption which Jesus Christ was given as a path to. They remain unrighteous without ever enjoying the blessings of God in the Kingdom of God which belong only to those who attain righteousness. undecided

2. Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness) and then God's righteousness in order that all these things — the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God— can be added to them. Only those sinners who go on to become righteous in the Kingdom of God get to enjoy God's forgiveness and blessings. All others who fall short of that goal — remaining in unrighteousness until the end — will be eternally damned by their choice. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Women Braid Their Hair? / Numerology, Spirituality And Decoding Words. / Look At This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.