Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner (37778 Views)

Abia PDP Declares Support For Atiku Despite G5 Governors’ Position / Ekweremadu Withdraws From Enugu Guber Race, Congratulates PDP Primary Winner / Man Who Rode Bicycle From Owerri To Congratulate Atiku Arrives PDP Office, Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by dre11(m): 10:12am On May 29, 2022
Atiku contested the election with Wike, Bukola Saraki, Tambuwal and 10 other aspirants.

Despite his promise to support whoever wins the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential primaries, Governor Nyesom Wike has yet to congratulate Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, who won the primary election.

Atiku who was the PDP’s presidential candidate in the 2019 presidential election clinched the party’s ticket again on Saturday, May 28, 2022, following the party’s convention held at Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja.

Atiku contested the election with Wike, former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto State and 10 other aspirants.

But just before delegates could begin to cast their votes, Tambuwal withdrew from the primary election and endorsed Atiku.

However, while Saraki had congratulated Atiku on Twitter shortly after the former VP emerged as the winner of the election, Wike, who promised to support any aspirant that wins the election has yet to send a congratulatory message to the winner hours after the convention.

While addressing the delegates, Wike had vowed to support any aspirant that emerge as the winner of the election because he is a committed PDP member who loves the party.

“Let me vow, today, anybody who emerges here, I will support the person to the fullest because I am a committed party person, because I love this party, because, since 1998, I have been in this party and worked for this party, I am not going anywhere, This is my party.” the governor had said.

But several hours after the end of the convention, Wike kept mum and has yet to congratulate Atiku, whom he believes is not committed to the party.

During his consultations and meetings with party members across the country, Wike frequently took a swipe at Atiku over his defection from the PDP to the APC in 2014.

Wike predicated his consultation and campaign on the belief that he is loyal to the party, unlike Saraki and Atiku who left the party and later return to use the party platform to vie for president.

He believes Atiku and Saraki do not deserve to represent the PDP as presidential candidates in the 2023 election.

Meanwhile, the National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who is one of the frontline presidential aspirants for the APC has congratulated Atiku on his victory.

Tinubu in a statement on Saturday commended Atiku for his unwavering patriotism and commitment to Nigeria’s progress.

The former governor of Lagos State noted that the former Vice President will be a worthy opponent to him in the coming 2023 presidential election, if by the grace of God and the support of APC delegates, he gets his party’s ticket.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/pdp-primaries-wike-yet-to-congratulate-atiku-despite-his-vow-to-support-winner/dkmx6yx

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Urheadmaster(m): 10:13am On May 29, 2022
It doesn't matter.

Even Atiku himself already know he's a loser tongue

115 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by lathrowinger: 10:13am On May 29, 2022
U think it's easy, Na your congratulation?

167 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Amos1423(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2022
Has Saraki and the rest congratulated Atiku? Una just dey pressure this man, una want make e kill himself? I heard he shared buses around, he could actually use them for town drop till he realises the money for the presidential form

BTW
Please my people I Need a job o preferably an ICT tutor.. I am a graduate of computer science and I am based in Rivers State. I can teach your students how to be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Graphics Design, Microsoft Word and Photoshop. My laptop got spoilt so I want to offer this service to be able to get a new laptop. Thanks!

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by TriCee: 10:14am On May 29, 2022
Lol, he is still in shock na. Thinking about dollars shared and Tambuwal's betrayal can make him enter 'coma'.

202 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by fasho01(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2022
He's a sore loser

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by helinues: 10:15am On May 29, 2022
Me singing Lucky Dube.. Heh licking wound. grin cheesy

Wike was too confidence of winning the yesterday primary cos of the Rivers state money in his possession. More like Wike participated in MMM program yesterday.

Reality must have dawned on him. His focus should be on how his anointing candidate is going to win Rivers governorship at least to save him small time from big prosecution cos there is consequences for spending money that do not belong to you personally recklessly

127 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Esulaalum: 10:15am On May 29, 2022
Oga p
Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by kambili999(f): 10:15am On May 29, 2022
So how is that an issue??

2 Likes

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Tunechi5(m): 10:15am On May 29, 2022
Wike buy delegates Atiku buy aspirant

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by NinjaXmetahuman: 10:15am On May 29, 2022
Northerners fuccked him up

What did you expect?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by tutudesz: 10:15am On May 29, 2022
Praying APC should zone their ticket to South undecided
Will be joining LP tomorrow morning

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by adelekeolu(m): 10:15am On May 29, 2022
STUPID TALK

2 Likes

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Blitzerz: 10:15am On May 29, 2022
He should not.
Enough of the southern slavery.

19 Likes

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by obembet(f): 10:15am On May 29, 2022
Na by Force?

6 Likes

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by BigDawsNet: 10:15am On May 29, 2022
His coming, be waiting!..

Atiku should leave greeting matter and focus on how to handle APC...

They are currently in power.. it will be difficult to just unsit them...

If Jonathan will be representing... ApC may likely get another four years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by abobote: 10:16am On May 29, 2022
Allow him to go through the pain in peace.
And for River State, no More flyover, Wike has to recover his money with the remaining one year

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Ejiphill09(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2022
grin

Me to Wike in dokubo voice.
Photo dey never leave you behind? You are a mumu man... Hahahah.

That sokoto governor dealth with that arrogant man.

Never you ever trust northerner when it comes to power sharing.. Tinubu is the next to wail... The tears go sweet me die so all the south will learn.

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by AyakaDunukofia: 10:16am On May 29, 2022
We've had enough of his ramblings. He should congratulate Atiku and quickly, then forever keep shut.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Lepon02: 10:16am On May 29, 2022
Defeat nah your mate?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by obembet(f): 10:16am On May 29, 2022
Amos1423:
Has Saraki and the rest congratulated Atiku? Una just dey pressure this man, una want make e kill himself?

Yes

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Taich(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2022
grin
He will in due time, he is still in severe pains.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by FoolaniHellman: 10:16am On May 29, 2022
PDP is dead N buried!

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by mazizitonene(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2022
If na you be wike u go congratulate am cheesy after burning rivers money angry

12 Likes

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by MUAnaZephyr: 10:16am On May 29, 2022
Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Kiliwuwu: 10:16am On May 29, 2022
baba still dey shocked no worry he go congratulate him if he don balance

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Yet To Congratulate Atiku Despite Pledging To Support PDP Primary Winner by Emmanueldavis(m): 10:16am On May 29, 2022

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Subsidy Back As FG Pays ₦169.4 Billion In August' - Daily Trust / Pictures From The Lagos Reconstruction Of 10-lane Oshodi-int’l Airport / APC Youths In Rivers Burn A Coffin With APC Logo As They Decamp To PDP (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.