Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? (5201 Views)

Price War: Ethiopian Airlines On Lagos -london Route Now Cheaper Than Air Peace / Norwegian Airline To Provide Crew, Aircraft For Air Peace’s Lagos-London Flights / Over 200 Bodies Lay Along The Route To The Top Of Mountain Everest(Pics & Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by seunny4lif(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2022
mamawa123:

Traveling from Nigeria to London via road is not a good thing to do. Don’t be deceived, I know it is very easy on paper.

Immigration agents and touts will take all your cash even if you have all the visas to pass through their countries
Immigration agents and touts in where? Maybe within Nigeria.
I have travelled by road from Nigeria all the way to SL then later Senegal.
You only pay 2K CFA at those borders apart from Guinea but if only if you want to go to SL
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Odunayokusa01: 10:04am On Jun 01, 2022
seunny4lif:

It’s not about knowing who know road
I have pass through that route more than 3 times, I know what I’m talking about.
My first experience, I was alone and not happened yet I have people that have pass the routes more than 2 times even have few passengers with them yet get into trouble.
Libya routes na GOD
leave them. Sometimes experience is the best teacher for people who don’t listen. When you enter the desert, then you will remember how you were warned�

1 Like

Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by seunny4lif(m): 10:28am On Jun 01, 2022
Odunayokusa01:
leave them. Sometimes experience is the best teacher for people who don’t listen. When you enter the desert, then you will remember how you were warned�
Desert journey is not child’s play but travelling within west Africa as a whole by land is fun and crazy journey.
The only bad experienced, I have ever experience happened within this Nigeria by those useless immigration officers because I don’t have my Nigeria passport cheesy.
I have travelled the length of west and North without passport cheesy
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Aaaaarghmed(m): 10:43am On Jun 01, 2022
Success77x:

Where you from in Edo state?
okpella
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Immanuelsnr: 11:59am On Jun 01, 2022
Aaaaarghmed:
how fa baba,I be Edo boy.pls lets connect make u link me up.tnks
My Edo people Una no dey carry last , Italy way
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Odunayokusa01: 12:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
seunny4lif:

Desert journey is not child’s play but travelling within west Africa as a whole by land is fun and crazy journey.
The only bad experienced, I have ever experience happened within this Nigeria by those useless immigration officers because I don’t have my Nigeria passport cheesy.
I have travelled the length of west and North without passport cheesy
yes you’re right. Traveling by land or train where you get access to food, water, no harsh conditions is very interesting. I have some experience in traveling. I lived in Ghana for 6 years, I have visited the UAE, Seychelles, Mauritius, Ethiopia, Ukraine, Germany, Poland and currently I live in Italy. I won’t advise even my enemy to travel to Europe through the desert. When you advise people they will think you are blocking them from trying to be great. The dangers and possibility of dying on this journey is not worth your life. They are not aware of what people face on this journey, they are not aware that this is nothing but human trafficking. They think it’s just to enter hilux and after enter boat and land in Italy. You will look for tears but not find it, they don’t know they will assist to bury people that they both left together that is if it’s not them that dies, they don’t know they will drink their urine and beg for people’s urine because it will be the only source of hydration, they don’t know the Arabu people will stick iron in their bodies and throw them in prison for months. I have heard enough stories from people who came through this route and didn’t succeed and IMO had to come to their rescue to take them back to Nigeria and I wonder what living condition one must be in Africa to embark on such death end journey.

1 Like

Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by penocrat1(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
If I have a power bike. Will 300k be enough.I am not going through the dessert. I will be following coastal West Africa
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Odunayokusa01: 7:19am On Jun 02, 2022
akli09:

Do you have a tent? A water bag?

The journey is absolutely doable. However, the desert is unavoidable! Mauritania, W sahara are deserts, but doable. I've seen some ppl do it...a couple rode a BICYCLE from finland to Gambia, so yeah...lots of ppl circumnavigate the continent on bicycles. Folks from europe regularly drive to Africa. its called overlanding.

it'll definitely be difficult/boring making the trip alone. Well, if that adeyanju guy can make it solo, i guess no p then.

Search for nomad's trails on youtube.
You’re still telling him to go and pass that same deadly Morocco/Spain route because that is the only route to take on that path. How can you even compare Europeans who have visa free or visa on arrival passport to most African countries that need visa? They will pass in the ship, load their cars into the ship and continue effortlessly without hassle but an African who hasn’t gotten a visa trying to pass the Morocco/Spain sea and wall by swimming or entering lapalapa(floatable boat), he will be attacked and suffer definitely. You are comparing Adeyanju, don’t you know he is a UK citizen or resident and even though he navigated on bike when he had to cross the sea, he got into a commercial boat? You are comparing green passport holder with European passport holders. Please stop misleading people because you are giving totally uninformed information. If people are desperate to migrate because Nigeria is hard, they can look for lesser countries in Europe who are still lenient with visa issuance and after cross to their desired destination. Anyone who tells you you can go to Europe by land is leading you into your death or permanent body mutilation. You are not an European or a holder of their document so don’t try to compare their adventures to yours because na suffer or death go end am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Odunayokusa01: 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
akli09:
I'm pretty sure the OP said someehere up there that he'll get a shenghen visa!

Visa or not, Euro passport or not, it's a difficult trip! A trip! Even that Adeyanju guy with a brit passport was taken for 100,000+ by govt/non-govt agents! I've not suggested anything illegal here. It is not illegal to travel by road!

If OP has the balls for such an adventurre, let him plan well, expect the worst while being positive, and do it! Again, a brit passport was also harrassed and cheated of 100k+!

Let Cowards be cowards! Is it illegal to ply Abuja-kaduna road? but evill almost always overtakes those who do! Ordinary mountain wey dey adamawa and co, none of us dares venture to climb, let alone mount Cameroon or others! Point is, most of us arent adventurous and want everyone to be like them--covered in fear! Granted, Op might no be doing this for adventure, but it'll most assuredly be!

Know what might be on the trip, get your papers in order and make your own decision, OP! Those who die in the sea dont have papers!
what are you even saying? If you have a schengen visa, why will you risk it to go by land and not just go to the airport and board a plane You say I’m covered in fear, fear of what? When I’m already in Europe and trying to educate people on the death traps of trying to immigrate by land illegally. You are talking of Adeyanju, if he was an illegal immigrant without papers do you think he will document his journey? Do you think he will be able to ride his bike from Europe to Africa? Oh you think he rode his bike on sea also and didn’t pass land border controls? Now let me educate you because I see you know nothing, when you talk of illegal immigration, it means you have no right into a country and therefore you MUST not be seen or caught by authorities therefore you are smuggling yourself at your own risk into a country. You think immigration is only at the airport? There are also land and port immigration officers that normal people with documents or right passports will pass through and have no problem but you without a visa cannot pass and therefore you resort to hiring smugglers to take you to pass who can in the process harm you, kill you if refuse to pay them money they ask for. You really don’t know nothing. You are talking of Lagos-kaduna road not being legal, how is it not legal? Isn’t it within Nigeria, the problem is insecurity by bandits. Here we are talking of extreme extreme harsh conditions or you think they will be in the comfort of their cars or their bikes with food and water like Adeyanju? I laughhhhh at you. They will be loaded in hilux up to 40 people on top of each other by the smugglers with only garri and water and on the 5th day in the desert it’s finished and then they start to drink their urine and water from the well where they can visibly see dead bodies. You think traveling illegally is rosy? Adeyanju flexed well na, it’s adventure he did but you see you going without papers, you will knock at the gate of heaven or hell, anyone you want. When you embark on the journey, if the smugglers borrow you their phone to use to call your families to send pushing money, don’t be ashamed to quickly log into nairaland to share your experience. Ire ooo

1 Like

Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Odunayokusa01: 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2022
akli09:
I'm pretty sure the OP said someehere up there that he'll get a shenghen visa!

Visa or not, Euro passport or not, it's a difficult trip! A trip! Even that Adeyanju guy with a brit passport was taken for 100,000+ by govt/non-govt agents! I've not suggested anything illegal here. It is not illegal to travel by road!

If OP has the balls for such an adventurre, let him plan well, expect the worst while being positive, and do it! Again, a brit passport was also harrassed and cheated of 100k+!

Let Cowards be cowards! Is it illegal to ply Abuja-kaduna road? but evill almost always overtakes those who do! Ordinary mountain wey dey adamawa and co, none of us dares venture to climb, let alone mount Cameroon or others! Point is, most of us arent adventurous and want everyone to be like them--covered in fear! Granted, Op might no be doing this for adventure, but it'll most assuredly be!

Know what might be on the trip, get your papers in order and make your own decision, OP! Those who die in the sea dont have papers!
Honestly you don’t know what you are saying, why will a Nigerian have visa and pass through Sahara desert?? They don’t have visa or hopes to get one and this is why they opt for this illegal route. You better stop giving people useless hopes, this has nothing to do with fear but for the fact that this is a death trap route.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by penocrat1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nigerians don read to understand. I posted a picture of a map of Africa showing two routes. I am not going through Sahara desert. I am going to follow the coastal roads of West Africa. I have googled nomad routes of West Africa. Mind you. You must not pass see from Algeria to Spain. Bridges has been built already. I am traveling solo.
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Odunayokusa01: 7:30am On Jun 04, 2022
penocrat1:
Nigerians don read to understand. I posted a picture of a map of Africa showing two routes. I am not going through Sahara desert. I am going to follow the coastal roads of West Africa. I have googled nomad routes of West Africa. Mind you. You must not pass see from Algeria to Spain. Bridges has been built already. I am traveling solo.

Sorry to disappoint you but the strait of gilbrator bridge is just an ‘hypothesis’. You said you want to follow western coast, can I ask you where is your destination outside the continent of Africa? Again if it is Europe sorry to disappoint you, there are only two routes which are Morocco-Spain and Libya- Italy. If you want to pass only through west African countries and not get to North Africa then you will cross the Atlantic Ocean with your ‘BIKE’ to either Brazil or Venezuela from Senegal, Gambia or Liberia. I think you should go back and study your map and route very well. Africa is bounded by the Atlantic Ocean to the west, Mediterranean sea to the north, Red Sea to the east and Indian Ocean to the south and there is no connecting bridge whatsoever as you stated. The supposed strait of Gibraltar is just a proposal that has not been put into implementation. Or maybe you can also consider Egypt to Iraq or Syria because this is only where you can ride your ‘bike’ and not face body waters and these countries are also out of Nigeria �
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Ashirioluwa: 11:18am On Jun 04, 2022
Odunayokusa01:
what are you even saying? If you have a schengen visa, why will you risk it to go by land and not just go to the airport and board a plane You say I’m covered in fear, fear of what? When I’m already in Europe and trying to educate people on the death traps of trying to immigrate by land illegally. You are talking of Adeyanju, if he was an illegal immigrant without papers do you think he will document his journey? Do you think he will be able to ride his bike from Europe to Africa? Oh you think he rode his bike on sea also and didn’t pass land border controls? Now let me educate you because I see you know nothing, when you talk of illegal immigration, it means you have no right into a country and therefore you MUST not be seen or caught by authorities therefore you are smuggling yourself at your own risk into a country. You think immigration is only at the airport? There are also land and port immigration officers that normal people with documents or right passports will pass through and have no problem but you without a visa cannot pass and therefore you resort to hiring smugglers to take you to pass who can in the process harm you, kill you if refuse to pay them money they ask for. You really don’t know nothing. You are talking of Lagos-kaduna road not being legal, how is it not legal? Isn’t it within Nigeria, the problem is insecurity by bandits. Here we are talking of extreme extreme harsh conditions or you think they will be in the comfort of their cars or their bikes with food and water like Adeyanju? I laughhhhh at you. They will be loaded in hilux up to 40 people on top of each other by the smugglers with only garri and water and on the 5th day in the desert it’s finished and then they start to drink their urine and water from the well where they can visibly see dead bodies. You think traveling illegally is rosy? Adeyanju flexed well na, it’s adventure he did but you see you going without papers, you will knock at the gate of heaven or hell, anyone you want. When you embark on the journey, if the smugglers borrow you their phone to use to call your families to send pushing money, don’t be ashamed to quickly log into nairaland to share your experience. Ire ooo

@odunayokusa01 what’s up? How is Poland
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Odunayokusa01: 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

@odunayokusa01 what’s up? How is Poland
i am in Italy now. What about you?
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:10pm On Jun 04, 2022
Success77x:

If you nor no route, tell men make dem show you way.

Two sure route dey for Nigerians to jakpa enter Europe then from there to U.K
1: Libya
2: Morocco

Libya: Kastina-Niger-Agadez-libya-Italy

Morocco: Kastina-Niger-Algeria-Morocco-Spain

He probably Drove his bike from London to France, from France to Spain, and from Spain to Gilbratar a Small island in Spain, and his bike was ferry across the Body water to Morocco.
The rest was history.

The reason i believe he opted for the Morocco route was because the water body separating Spain from Morocco is not to be compared to that of Libya separating Italy.

I'm from Edo state, if my brothers could use route from here to Libya, what makes you think it won't be possible using a motor bike.

Is all left for you to choose what to believe or not because you are entitled to what you should or shouldn't believe.

Correct... The only time you won't use road will be crossing to Spain/Italy.

The Italy route is actually more frequently used
Re: Lagos - London By Road. What Is The Best Route To Follow? by Olmd(m): 6:10pm On May 31, 2023
Pls did anyone know how to travel by road to Italy or Poland smoothly urgent reply pls
Or is there anyone already there that can guild in this route

(1) (2) (Reply)

Competent, Reliable And Compassionate Canadian Immigration Consultants Needed! / Visa Enlightenment / Her Uk Travel Woes; Any Recourse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.