Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals (22870 Views)

Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / Mbaka Supporter Threatens To Kill Bishop, Peter Obi After Church Ban (Vid) / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by pieces: 5:51pm On May 29, 2022
fergie001:

SOURCE

If him like, make him go dey do drugs there because na ibo way be that.

Peter Obi

Oseloka Obaze

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Esulaalum: 5:52pm On May 29, 2022
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Dmacqh(m): 5:53pm On May 29, 2022
Part of the reasons I don’t like Mbaise people. They rejected the Bishop because he wasn’t from Mbaise. They insisted on their son been Bishop.
Funny the clergy started it using congregation to push the cause .
That’s why once I’m dealing with you and you say , you are a clergy ... I’ll have to be smart .
Same goes to Mbaise people , cunny and over brain people.

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by nerilove(m): 5:55pm On May 29, 2022
Congratulations His Eminence

The rejected stone is the cornerstone now

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Egypt209: 5:55pm On May 29, 2022
Peter Obi now congratulate everybody.
I believe Reno told him to do that, because it's Reno who tutored him on how the supporters are de-marketing him with venomous attack on others.
It was Wike who told him to at least have a character by taking the contest serious instead of telling stories of his family trading since the world creation.

He doesn't seems to be able to get one thing right without being told, except of course his staunch support for IPOB, which seemingly come from his heart.
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by yerima21: 5:59pm On May 29, 2022
Faber:
This guy was rejected by Mbaise people as their Bishop because he hailed from Anambra State. But those that brought the Gospel to Onitsha and entire Igbo land were from Ireland. As Mbaise diocese of Ahiara rejected him. He exclaimed: " my bones shall rest in Ahiara Diocese" that alone signalled his faith, courage and readiness to die for the sake of God, because it was God that called him to be a pastor and leader in Mbaise.

Peter Obi was governor of Anambra State then, he prevailed on him to forget about Mbaise diocese, that God knows the best. bishop Peter went back to his home diocese of Awka and remained without an Episcopal see. Some where calling him a Bishop in a parish, some called him Vagus Bishop. He kept his faith and keep on contributing to the work of God. In 2020 Pope Francis appointed him as Bishop of the new diocese of Ekwulobia in Anambra state that's Governor Soludo's home town. He packed his luggage to Ekwulobia without fear to lay foundation for the diocese.
Barely 3 years, he is now appointed Cardinal, the highest ranking cleric after the Pope. He will take part in the next elections ( conclave) to elect a new Pope if Pope Francis dies or resigns.

My people God writes on a crooked line. The rejected is now the chief corner stone.

I am Proudly Mormon, but I read this guy's story with Mbaise people and have been following his development since then...
Thank you so much for this summary of the travails of Bishop Okpaleke. It was was really pathetic the way he was treated by Mbaise people who locked him out of his episcopal seat. Today he is celebrated by Rome and his ministry will continue to grow from strength to strength. I am proudly Anglican but i followed his story closely. God bless the Pope, the church and all lovers of God. Big Congrats Cardinal Okpaleke !

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by descarado: 6:00pm On May 29, 2022
Egypt209:
I believe Reno told him to do that, because it's Reno who tutored him on how the supporters are de-marketing him with venomous attack on others.
It was Wike who told him to at least have a character by taking the contest serious instead of telling stories of his family trading since the world creation.

He doesn't seems to be able to get one thing right without being told, except of course his staunch support for IPOB, which seemingly come from his heart.
Carry you nonsense and scram from here.

9 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Manpasman: 6:03pm On May 29, 2022
blazingblender:
Pope Francis kwa
Oh na
But i want to ask
Why is it that the igbos are mostly Catholic
Abi Are they the foundation of Catholic church in Nigeria??
this man can flog those days back in school,but grace is too much on him
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by hardon1(m): 6:04pm On May 29, 2022
blazingblender:
Pope Francis kwa
Oh na
But i want to ask

Every church has areas of strong hold and it's sterns back to colonial times. Eastern Nigeria accepted the early catholic missionaries. The Early catholic missionaries too saw the the resistance put up by the southern kings ( the Nanas, obas,) and other riverine kings against the CMS who first came in.

They found a way to drift into the hinterland, and you know igbos in past times don't have very powerful kings - hence the saying "Igbo ama-eze). they were somewhat govern by elders. The catholic missionaries were welcomed with out much restraint, given lands (so called evil forest) to build churches and it grew from there

Hence majority of igbos are catholic... A faith passed to their ancestors and then to them. If you see an Igbo person who is pentecostal, his/her parent or grandparents are probably Catholic or perhaps CMS

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by bonnyhope: 6:05pm On May 29, 2022
Faber:
This guy was rejected by Mbaise people as their Bishop because he hailed from Anambra State. But those that brought the Gospel to Onitsha and entire Igbo land were from Ireland. As Mbaise diocese of Ahiara rejected him. He exclaimed: " my bones shall rest in Ahiara Diocese" that alone signalled his faith, courage and readiness to die for the sake of God, because it was God that called him to be a pastor and leader in Mbaise.

Peter Obi was governor of Anambra State then, he prevailed on him to forget about Mbaise diocese, that God knows the best. bishop Peter went back to his home diocese of Awka and remained without an Episcopal see. Some where calling him a Bishop in a parish, some called him Vagus Bishop. He kept his faith and keep on contributing to the work of God. In 2020 Pope Francis appointed him as Bishop of the new diocese of Ekwulobia in Anambra state that's Governor Soludo's home town. He packed his luggage to Ekwulobia without fear to lay foundation for the diocese.
Barely 3 years, he is now appointed Cardinal, the highest ranking cleric after the Pope. He will take part in the next elections ( conclave) to elect a new Pope if Pope Francis dies or resigns.

My people God writes on a crooked line. The rejected is now the chief corner stone.

I am Proudly Mormon, but I read this guy's story with Mbaise people and have been following his development since then...

I read about it that time as well

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by oma19(f): 6:06pm On May 29, 2022
blazingblender:
Pope Francis kwa
Oh na
But i want to ask

YES, IGBO'S WERE THE FIRST CONVERT AND ALSO HAS THE FIRST PRIEST

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by chidonez: 6:09pm On May 29, 2022
I find it very strange that an ordinary bishop with a newly created diocese is made a cardinal...I use to think the Cardinalate is for important diocese around the world
How come ekulobia diocese is more important than
Lagos(metropolitan dioceses)
Onitsha(that has the highest percentage of catholics in Nigeria
Abuja(I thought he(bishop kaigama)will be the next Cardinal cos bishop of Abuja and Lagos are normally made Cardinals)
Maybe it may be the fact that both Cardinal onayeikan and okogie both emeritus of the above named diocese aren't dead yet cos you can't have 2 Cardinals in a diocese
But even if he is to pick a Cardinal from anambra state why didn't he choose bishop varlerian okeke the most senior bishop in the east

The story no clear at all

Maybe bishop okpaleke will be called to work in the Vatican cos I find it hard to believe that a whole Cardinal with pastor a sufforgan diocese and not a archdiocese

Please correct me if I'm wrong...I may have made some mistakes but due to my limited understanding of the catholic church that's the way I see it

Pachuwudi44 what do you think??

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by autodevice(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2022
Ok
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Dawn91(m): 6:14pm On May 29, 2022
Faber:

Yeah. This guy Peter Cardinal Okpaleke is one of the boys of Cardinal Arinze. Arinze have close to 10 of his boys who are Bishops the same with Late Bishop Patrick F. Shehan who have his boys scattered all over Northern Nigeria as Catholic Bishops.

Are you saying this cardinal thing is man know man?
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by ictplotter(m): 6:14pm On May 29, 2022
Black man can never be pope, catholic is full of racism and sectionalism. I urge gov. David Umahi to pull out majority of the igbo away from catholic because since igbos loyalty n commitment to Catholicism movement they have never been apportioned a pope in the Vatican city.

Peter Obi

Oseloka Obaze

[/quote]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Chinny024(f): 6:16pm On May 29, 2022
blazingblender:
Pope Francis kwa
Oh na
But i want to ask

Peter Odili,Amechi,Fayemi ,Ayade,Oshomole,are all Catholic.... Abi them be Igbo too..The list is endless..

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Dawn91(m): 6:17pm On May 29, 2022
Egypt209:

Seun mynd44 oam4j Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2

Derailing thread off topic post

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:19pm On May 29, 2022
Faber:

God bless you, brother. I'm very sure Mbaise people will be ashamed now.

The guy was ready to be killed by Mbaise people just for the sake of the gospel. At a point, all Catholic members were asked to wear black in Mbaise to signify his death/rejection... What was his offence? He is from Anambra State. Funny thing was, he NEVER fought back, NEVER said things against them. The opposition was being propelled by the priests in the churches in Mbaise. You'll go to church and the priest will be spitting venom against the appointed bishop.

That was the lowest of the lows of Mbaise people... Now, God has vindicated him

11 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Donbunchis: 6:23pm On May 29, 2022
blazingblender:
Pope Francis kwa
Oh na
But i want to ask

The Holy Mother Church is very universal, even in Nigeria. Below is a list of our Eminences

1. Dominic Cardinal Ekandem

2. Francis Cardinal Arinze

3. Anthony Cardinal Okogie

4. John Cardinal Onaiyekan

5. Peter Cardinal Okpaleke

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Dawn91(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2022
[s]
ictplotter:
Black man can never be pope, catholic is full of racism and sectionalism. I urge gov. David Umahi to pull out majority of the igbo away from catholic because since igbos loyalty n commitment to Catholicism movement they have never been apportioned a pope in the Vatican city.

Peter Obi

Oseloka Obaze

[/s]

When they say go to school alot of you refuse.... Are u guys more Catholic than Irish or Americans ? Scotland or Wales ? Yet they haven't gotten a pope . Go to school sir

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Dawn91(m): 6:24pm On May 29, 2022
Yampotatocarrot:

God bless you, brother. I'm very sure Mbaise people will be ashamed now.

The guy was ready to be killed by Mbaise people just for the sake of the gospel. At a point, all Catholic churches word black in Mbaise to signify his death/rejection... What was his offence? He is from Anambra State.

That was the lowest of the lows of Mbaise people... Now, God has vindicated him

Men this is serious..

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by jennybright(f): 6:24pm On May 29, 2022
You so funny

We Igbos hardly do business on Sundays except on emergency.�����

Rivguydee:

It’s because Catholic Church closes early and have different masses (services). Dem no fit leave their businesses for long

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by wingmanIII: 6:24pm On May 29, 2022
Chinny024:

Peter Odili,Amechi,Fayemi ,Ayade,Oshomole,are all Catholic.... Abi them be Igbo too..The list is endless..
Odili is Igbo. Take it or leave it.
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by smile11s(m): 6:26pm On May 29, 2022
blazingblender:
Pope Francis kwa
Oh na
But i want to ask

Na Igbo people the missionaries find come. You never hear say the foreign missionaries were speaking Igbo on arrival? Them plan the whole. Come study the whole thing. Well we know Ebony sounds like Eboes. After slavery end they needed to continue to enslaved us through religion.
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by ppogba: 6:27pm On May 29, 2022
Faber:

God bless you.
With people like you,. history will not be distorted in the future.

Kudos.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by gomman428: 6:28pm On May 29, 2022
The site is good for those who want Ghana girlfriend
BossKingRex73: Nice concept. forum is a good alternative to NL. The site is fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by penearth(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2022
Congratulations congratulations congratulations
May your daily Masses be a blessing to me and my generation, Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Arysexy(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2022
Mbaise rejected Bishop keep getting elevated while Mbaise is without a Bishop.

When you rise above hatred, you grow and excel.

Mbaise should learn

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by Faber(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2022
BritishNaija:

Point to Note; Soludo is not from Ekwulobia.

Soludo is from Isuofia. I wanted to write Soludo's home diocese. His home diocese as a Catholic is Ekwulobia. Of course both Ekwulobia and Isuofia, Achina, Uga, Umuchu are all in Aguata Local Government.

Nice observation

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Bishop Peter Okpaleke, 20 Others As Cardinals by adefitim(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2022
God blessing will continue to oil his anointing Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren Loven Rescues Another Child Abandoned In Akwa Ibom / Pastor Adeboye Celebrates Mike Bamiloye 61st Birthday, Lists Filmmaker's Movies / Artist Draws Apostle Suleman & His Wife, Gives Him As Gift In Umuahia (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.