Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years (24455 Views)

Highest Goalscorers In The Champions League After The Group Stage / Man Utd Fans Fuming That Liverpool Have 'won The Premier League' After Man City / Mikel Obi To Return To To Premier League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by baranzy(m): 1:59am On May 30, 2022
Dem wan come share 3 points finish go back relegation.Wetin Dem wan dey do for EPL?
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by gicita8865: 3:23am On May 30, 2022
Gshd

Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by DeAlphaMale(m): 4:58am On May 30, 2022
Would you believe Nottingham has a champions league

1 Like

Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by Elidrisy20: 5:31am On May 30, 2022
23years for Forest,e no easy at all grin

1 Like

Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by Koolcat01(m): 5:41am On May 30, 2022
[quote author=SommyGudman post=113290189]Nottingham Forest ended their 23-year wait for Premier League football with a narrow win over Huddersfield Town in the Championship play-off final - a victory worth around £170m.

Promotion back to the top flight caps off a brilliant turnaround to their season, which had started with six defeats in seven.

Levi Colwill's own goal from James Garner's cross was the decisive moment.

Town improved after the break but struggled to create a big chance.

Their best opportunity saw Harry Toffolo booked for diving in the area by referee Jon Moss, officiating for the final time before retiring, and, although replays suggested Jack Colback had made some contact, it was not overturned by VAR.

Forest held out in the face of mounting pressure to spark scenes of jubilation and end their two-decade exile from the Premier League.[it is well]

1 Like

Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by dinocy(m): 6:57am On May 30, 2022
paulolee:

Wetin make cr7 immune?? u are talking rebuilding and still keeping a 37yr old man..
assuming a mou or pep is coming to dis united to rebuild, na dt cr7 go first leave..

That 37yr old has more goals in this season than the young players.
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by Olutozn54(m): 7:01am On May 30, 2022
saintkeppy:
Welcome back Nottingham Forest, another gaint killers, they had a memorable season.

I usually watch them via local station @ late night weekend European Leagues highlights in the 90's sponsored by Rothmans a brand of Cigarette.

Still waiting for Coventry city, Wimbledon known as M.K Don today. In fact so many clubs that are now in lower English Leagues.

Moroccan player Mustapha Hadji played for Coventry city I think in the late '90s
*Rothmans of palmall present European football*
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by yomi531(m): 7:10am On May 30, 2022
Two times Champions of Europe are back. Nice one
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by paulolee(m): 7:49am On May 30, 2022
dinocy:

That 37yr old has more goals in this season than the young players.
simply because he was the point man...the rest works for him to play, uniter scored 121 goals the season before he joined...the leading scorers were rashford, cavani, greenwood, Fernandez n even martial....all had 15 n above goals dt session before cr7 joined because fernnadez was the leader bt dey played more like a group
cr7 joined n none scored up to 10 goals because of cr7 dependency, dey all av to work n lay for him to do all d scoring....its 2 different philosophy n i think the previous one was more effective
same happened in Juve n dts why dey agreed to let him go..
some teams are perfect working together than playing for s point man, for example city n Chelsea...chelsea had 21 different scorers, none in top10 bt still had a wonderful season
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by PhantomPAIN(m): 7:51am On May 30, 2022
SommyGudman:
Nottingham Forest ended their 23-year wait for Premier League football with a narrow win over Huddersfield Town in the Championship play-off final - a victory worth around £170m.

Promotion back to the top flight caps off a brilliant turnaround to their season, which had started with six defeats in seven.

Levi Colwill's own goal from James Garner's cross was the decisive moment.

Town improved after the break but struggled to create a big chance.

Their best opportunity saw Harry Toffolo booked for diving in the area by referee Jon Moss, officiating for the final time before retiring, and, although replays suggested Jack Colback had made some contact, it was not overturned by VAR.

Forest held out in the face of mounting pressure to spark scenes of jubilation and end their two-decade exile from the Premier League.
Good news…happy for my boy James Garner GGMU
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by saintkeppy(m): 7:56am On May 30, 2022
Olutozn54:

*Rothmans of palmall present European football*

I don't get you, you mean?
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by saintkeppy(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2022
paulolee:

simply because he was the point man...the rest works for him to play, uniter scored 121 goals the season before he joined...the leading scorers were rashford, cavani, greenwood, Fernandez n even martial....all had 15 n above goals dt session before cr7 joined because fernnadez was the leader bt dey played more like a group
cr7 joined n none scored up to 10 goals because of cr7 dependency, dey all av to work n lay for him to do all d scoring....its 2 different philosophy n i think the previous one was more effective
same happened in Juve n dts why dey agreed to let him go..
some teams are perfect working together than playing for s point man, for example city n Chelsea...chelsea had 21 different scorers, none in top10 bt still had a wonderful season

I don't know why you always judge a situation differently.

Has CR7 stopped them from scoring or assisting others to score? Hell no

CR7 has also provided assists for them to score, they scored some & still wasted some opportunities that should have result in goals,
Greenwood, Rashford, sancho etc were all playing individual football instead as a team except Fernandez, Cavani lacking playing time as well, Pogba &the rest performances was below average, in fact a complete shadow of themselves despite earning decent pays.

I don't want to talk about over hyped English boy Harry Maguire abysmal defending or you still want CR7 to score goals & defend as well?
Man utd can be 2goals up before you know it 2-2, or lost 3-2, 5-2, 4-3 conceding unbelievable number of goals against average teams from poor defending.

If not for the 37year old contributions & stoppage time goals, Man Utd would have long gone from UCL @group stage.

The 37year old's 18 premier League goals &David De Gea's 100+ Super saves from poor denfence has placed Man Utd on that Europa League spot.

Abeg free CR7 joor, he don't deserve to be in that team, made up of English mediocres players earning bogus salaries still ain't rise to the occasion.
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by JBoss25(m): 9:36am On May 30, 2022
ThankGodFriday:
At least they will take 6 point from Manchester United Arsenal
don't attract curses to yourself bro undecided
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by jaxxy(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2022
sprints1:
if he comes back he will be no different from them, the virus of failure keeps spreading amongst the team only De gea and Ronaldo are immune... The club needs overhauling and the structure must change. They have overpampered the players. Congratulations to forest though, Steve cooper has done a great job

Abit of overhauling bt most importantly a very good coach. I think they have one now.

1 Like

Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by Bnaira7(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2022
23 years how true is that skrrrr
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by sprints1: 4:43pm On May 30, 2022
jaxxy:

Abit of overhauling bt lost importantly a very good coach. I think they have one now.
I don't trust dutch managers...I have seen his game... Under sir Alex we were more like ancelotti' Madrid and a bit of conte counter attacking football, we posses when necessary and play on the counter... But ten hag' philosophy is high pressing... same thing van gaal introduced and failed...He will find it difficult at united... I wish him all the best...
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by Philipo2626(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2022
MITCHELL96:

I think Ten Hag will help do that, The players need some serious discipline, and they shouldn't buy any player that thinks he's bigger than the club and brings negativity into the team, e.g Paul Pogba, Dude literally killed a lot of his teammates spirit, from the way he plays, what he post on Social media and how he responds to critics and the press.
Ten Hag will be the next failer Manager of Man U.
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by Philipo2626(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Congratulations to them

They have more champions League trophies than Arsenal and Man City combined
And yet they don't havea single EPL trophy.
Re: Nottingham Forest Back To Premier League After 23years by Gubioma: 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Congratulations to them

They have more champions League trophies than Arsenal and Man City combined
Dan Boro.....
My guy u read history

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AFCON2021 Final: Salah Wept After Egypt Lost To Senegal On Penalties / Pictures From The Asisat Oshaoala Football 4 Girls Seminar Held Today. / OAU Vs UNILORIN: Hifl 2019 Finals - 0 - 0 (3 - 4 Penalties) Full Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.