Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu (38080 Views)

Ize-Iyamu And Obaseki Hug At Oba Of Benin Palace (Video) / Oshiomhole And Obaseki’s Credentials By Femi Aribisala / Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Fearme344: 1:26am On May 30, 2022
okuta007:

fear don dey catch them - Obaseki is a child of destiny - the kain luck wey dey follow that man na helele grin
e be like u Don piss 4 bed u wake up come dey talk rubbish

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by okuta007: 1:27am On May 30, 2022
dochenaj:
[b]So they will leave Fayose and other people to pick someone who has not even joined the party. [/b]Someone who didn't have the balls to oppose Tinubu and contest for a second term. How can he win against Tinubu (if he gets the APC ticket)

Or are you just throwing around names?

And GEJ who is not yet a full member of APC is about to be the APC flag bearer - between Obaseki and GEJ who new pass to their new party ?

Guy shift, Even the Atiku that got the ticket, as of 2016 was he not in APC?

YOU DEY PREDICT NAIJA POLITICS? - you are a small pikin if u do
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by okuta007: 1:30am On May 30, 2022
Fearme344:
e be like u Don piss 4 bed u wake up come dey talk rubbish

na you dey think rubbish - you thinks say to defeat IZE IYAMU+oshimole+OBA OF BENIN+Captain Hosa all together na child's play?

Any man who could do that and win in supreme court over name falsification and degree validity as a member of PDP in this APC government is under a special annointing

If you think I am lying - go to Edo state and run against the OBA OF BENIN preferred candidate make u come tell me how far grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Fearme344: 1:42am On May 30, 2022
[/b][b]
okuta007:

na you dey think rubbish - you thinks say to defeat IZE IYAMU+oshimole+OBA OF BENIN+Captain Hosa all together na child's play?

Any man who could do that and win in supreme court over name falsification and degree validity as a member of PDP in this APC government is under a special annointing

If you think I am lying - go to Edo state and run against the OBA OF BENIN preferred candidate make u come tell me how far grin
I go Baffi soup go
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by GoldenGTV(m): 2:05am On May 30, 2022
Pierohandsome:
Atiku was a governor elect when he was chosen by Obj as running mate. So Obaseki 1year and 7 months into office is not a disqualifying factor that he can't vice Atiku

Absolutely. Many cases abound, same for Nnamadi Sambo of Kaduna state. Though his own case was circumstantial but is still the same thing. All these guys, except few like Zulum have a clear cut path.
They are all after their pockets. Permanent Interest...
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Bigchristo: 2:11am On May 30, 2022
Pierohandsome:
Atiku was a governor elect when he was chosen by Obj as running mate. So Obaseki 1year and 7 months into office is not a disqualifying factor that he can't vice Atiku
If Atiku pick Obaseki as a running mate then it’s a quick ticket for them to lose again nothing will even make PDP win

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Fearme344: 2:15am On May 30, 2022
Bigchristo:
If Atiku pick Obaseki as a running mate then it’s a quick ticket for them to lose again nothing will even make PDP win
minister of future affairs and life control

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Bigchristo: 2:17am On May 30, 2022
Fearme344:
minister of future affairs and life control
grin angry grin
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by okosunehis: 3:18am On May 30, 2022
oikirodah:

https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/game-of-thrones-atikus-victory-and-obasekis-vice-presidential-bid-a-case-for-philip-shaibu-matters-arising-by-osigwe-omo-ikirodah/

Osigwe omo ikirodah, I don't know whatever motivated these your hasty permutations but you obviously you did not do your home work. Last I checked Obaseki is fully in control of Edo PDP and as governor, he is already the leader of the party in the state. He does not need VP candidacy to become the leader. He has also outwitted Orbih, who is a Wike stooge BTW. I wonder why people keep repeating the mistake of undermining Obaseki, after he took Oshiomhole and Jagaban to the cleaners in 2020.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by sureEbh: 3:38am On May 30, 2022
Faber:
Even Namadi Sambo, was a governor when he was picked to Vice GEJ at the demise of Yar'Adua. I know is not a disqualifying factor.

These cases are different from the one at hand. Right now, Atiku's presidential bid is still a gamble, anything can happen and he will loose. By then Philip Shuabu will be sworn in as Governor of Edo State, will he vacate the seat for Obaseki.
GEJ have already been sworn in so Namadi Sambo knows that the position is sure for him. Obaseki go leave his hard earned second term go enter Presidential gamble with Atiku...
It's not happening even in a nolloywood movie , it won't happen.

Simple stuff, Obaseki don't need to resign to campaign for VP(Yaradua vs Goodluck Jonathan before 2007). He can be governor at the same time. Philip becoming governor would only arise if Atiku then wins the general election with Obaseki as vp. You get it?
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Deadlytruth(m): 3:42am On May 30, 2022
okosunehis:

Osigwe omo ikirodah, I don't know whatever motivated these your hasty permutations but you obviously you did not do your home work. Last I checked Obaseki is fully in control of Edo PDP and as governor, he is already the leader of the party in the state. He does not need VP candidacy to become the leader. He has also outwitted Orbih, who is a Wike stooge BTW. I wonder why people keep repeating the mistake of undermining Obaseki, after he took Oshiomhole and Jagaban to the cleaners in 2020.

The slimness of Obaseki's margin of victory should have been instructive enough to you that he rode on the gullibility-engendered sympathy votes that came his way from those who placed emotions over reasons.
You can take a trip to any part of Edo State now to feel the public's pulse about his second term for you to judge by yourself. Most of those who fell for his anti-godfatherism campaign have passed through dissolutionment courtesy of his godfatherism bid within his new party amidst total collapse of governance.

1 Like

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by comrChris(m): 3:52am On May 30, 2022
Atiku that's going to choose his VP from South East that's what you people are still analyzing. Most likely Ekweremadu or Ayim Pius
PDP knows that's the only way they can stand a chance in the south east in this coming election. They will want to use it to appease the south east
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Jeffyblaq(m): 5:05am On May 30, 2022
Faber:
Nonesense , Obaseki who is only 1 yr and 7 months in his 2nd term will leave his seat as governor to be Atiku's vice. All these political analysts that just joined politics 3 days ago.
Please be informed, in the game of politics anything and everything is possible.

Feeling indifferent anyway...
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by sonature1: 5:15am On May 30, 2022
BIZNess123:
kiss
Wetin concern me atiku might pick someone from SW self let's watch how things unfolds...

All I know is that Tinubu is gonna floor atiku..

Atiku has no good records to stand on

And Tinubu does?

You people from South West will never have sense until Tinubu is defeated.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by RexTramadol1: 5:46am On May 30, 2022
BIZNess123:
kiss
Wetin concern me atiku might pick someone from SW self let's watch how things unfolds...

If Hausas understand records though

Don’t keep living in Utopia
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by DAwest7: 5:53am On May 30, 2022
BIZNess123:
kiss

so na ya great grandpa Tilumbu Manhood you standYEYE
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by rippa(m): 5:57am On May 30, 2022
Faber:
Nonesense , Obaseki who is only 1 yr and 7 months in his 2nd term will leave his seat as governor to be Atiku's vice. All these political analysts that just joined politics 3 days ago.
Most of una dey Nigeria but do not understand how things work and will be here yabbin people's opinion
Obaseki can only relinquish his position as gov if they win.
In the event of PDP loosing, he will continue as gov.
Yaradua was gov of katsina state until May 29 2007 despite contesting for presidency and winning it.
Most of the national assembly members that contested for gov and lost always return back to the house.
It is when u win that your seat will be declared vacant
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by rippa(m): 6:16am On May 30, 2022
Deadlytruth:

The slimness of Obaseki's margin of victory should have been instructive enough to you that he rode on the gullibility-engendered sympathy votes that came his way from those who placed emotions over reasons.
You can take a trip to any part of Edo State now to feel the public's pulse about his second term for you to judge by yourself. Most of those who fell for his anti-godfatherism campaign have passed through dissolutionment courtesy of his godfatherism bid within his new party amidst total collapse of governance.
Oga what are u even saying?
Reasons was what played a major part in that election and not even sympathy or emotion from the main electorates (the people that vote)
Oshiomole finished himself and APC by presenting ize iyamu. The same ize iyamu he castigated in our very own eyes just 4years back. Oshiomole called ize iyamu a thief, someone he cant entrust the state resources to, someone that was part of the team that almost destroyed Edo state (SSG 1991 to 2007).
It is the same person u said u can't trust and begged Edo people not to trust, u are now telling us to vote
If oshiomole had presented someone else, I bet u obaseki won't have gotten an easy ride.
The election was just too easy for obaseki. He won almost all d local govts council.
Obaseki first term election was far more difficult than the second.
Edo people are even more of PDP than APC.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by luizpippo(m): 6:25am On May 30, 2022
benratigan3:

You just wrote �% nonsense.let me school you just once
If obaseki is choosen as running mate to atiku,he won't relinquish his position as governor because he is elected and not appointed. Maybe atiku wins he still won't relinquish his position until he is sworn in as VP. The deputy governor is then sworn in as governor without any election till 2024.
If you still don't understand, why hasn't all the governors who won their senatorial bid relinquish power?

Allow them to be chatting rubbish.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Allisgud: 6:35am On May 30, 2022
Atiku should just pick wike to face security issue
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by Coronavirus1: 7:01am On May 30, 2022
Wike is far more better than any of those names mentioned
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by tamdun: 9:14am On May 30, 2022
Faber:
Did you know how atiku became vice president?
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by oglalasioux(m): 10:05am On May 30, 2022
joyandfaith:

If you have reasonable thing to say, state position of electoral law. If a governor win presidential primary ticket, do you think he would resign and handover to deputy?
Did Ajimobi resign as governor when he contested for senate?

Go back to school and ask for refund of your school fees. They scammed you because you learned nothing.

Nigeria's constitution states that if anything happens to a governor or president; be it death, resignation or impeachment, the deputy or vice automatically becomes the governor or president. Bye elections are for members of parliament.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by joyandfaith: 10:51am On May 30, 2022
oglalasioux:

[s]Go back to school and ask for refund of your school fees. They scammed you because you learned nothing.

Nigeria's constitution states that if anything happens to a governor or president; be it death, resignation or impeachment, the deputy or vice automatically becomes the governor or president. Bye elections are for members of parliament[/s].

Did Ajimobi handover when he contested for senate?
You are a product of exam malpractice.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by oglalasioux(m): 11:06am On May 30, 2022
joyandfaith:

Did Ajimobi handover when he contested for senate?
You are a product of exam malpractice.

Have a nice day, kid.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by dochenaj: 11:13am On May 30, 2022
okuta007:
And GEJ who is not yet a full member of APC is about to be the APC flag bearer - between Obaseki and GEJ who new pass to their new party ?

Guy shift, Even the Atiku that got the ticket, as of 2016 was he not in APC?

YOU DEY PREDICT NAIJA POLITICS? - you are a small pikin if u do
This is exactly the problem you face when you just rush to comment on someone's post irrationally.

Maybe you should go back to my post and you will realize I was replying someone.

Try to understand before you open your mouth or in this case your fingers in order not to show how foolish you are.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by joyandfaith: 11:20am On May 30, 2022
oglalasioux:

Have a nice day, kid.
Product of exam malpractice. Your papa registered you for waec/neco in special centre.
Empty brain. You should be in your early 20s.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by okosunehis: 12:53pm On May 30, 2022
Deadlytruth:

307,955 votes and 13 LGAs for Obaseki and 223,619 and 5 LGAs for Osagie Ize-Iyamu is not a slim victory. People say Obaseki is a technocrat and not a politician but he has defeated many so-called politicians because he understands the game better. Edo people were not gullible in voting Obaseki for a second term, they voted him based on his performance.

I will agree with you that his popularity has waned since the election, but that is because Obaseki is not a very loud person by nature, he is still working in Edo but is doing less politicking. As we speak, the state just started paying N40,000 as minimum wage. Check the FAAC allocation and IGR for different states and you will realize this is a feat. It is obvious that your claim that governance has totally collapsed in Edo comes from a place of spiteful ignorance.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by okosunehis: 1:32pm On May 30, 2022
rippa:

Oga what are u even saying?
Reasons was what played a major part in that election and not even sympathy or emotion from the main electorates (the people that vote)
Oshiomole finished himself and APC by presenting ize iyamu. The same ize iyamu he castigated in our very own eyes just 4years back. Oshiomole called ize iyamu a thief, someone he cant entrust the state resources to, someone that was part of the team that almost destroyed Edo state (SSG 1991 to 2007).
It is the same person u said u can't trust and begged Edo people not to trust, u are now telling us to vote
If oshiomole had presented someone else, I bet u obaseki won't have gotten an easy ride.
The election was just too easy for obaseki. He won almost all d local govts council.
Obaseki first term election was far more difficult than the second.
Edo people are even more of PDP than APC.

No mind am... he's just speaking from hate, ignorance or both.
Re: Atiku's Victory And Obaseki's Vice Presidential Bid: A Case For Philip Shaibu by okuta007: 1:47pm On May 30, 2022
dochenaj:
This is exactly the problem you face when you just rush to comment on someone's post irrationally.

Maybe you should go back to my post and you will realize I was replying someone.

Try to understand before you open your mouth or in this case your fingers in order not to show how foolish you are.

here he comes, the man who can not reason, lacking capacity in defending his position, resorting to curse word to express his frustration grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Finally Speaks On Buhari's Health, Urges Nigerian To Pray / Amaechi Inspects Port-Harcourt International Airport - Photos / Rerun: Police Arrest Muktar Yakasai, Kano Commissioner For Special Duties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.