Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,047 members, 7,835,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today (31588 Views)

Tinubu Used Pat Utomi To Fund Peter Obi’s Campaign - Tawfiq Akinwale / Flavour, Phyno Attend Peter Obi & Pat Utomi Lecture In Howard University (Video) / Calistus Okafor Faction Of LP To Hold Presidential Primary Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by mrvitalis(m): 9:36am On May 30, 2022
gambia:
Labour party has no structure locally, its quite impossible to make a difference in the upcoming presidential election, thats just the simple truth.
Allow us waste our votes na

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by 27Pushing30: 9:55am On May 30, 2022
[quote author=Gamezi post=113300505][/quote]

Azzin it makes me laugh
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by loooozeem: 9:57am On May 30, 2022
Ifesinachi22:
Peter Obi ran arguably the best election campaign in Anambra (still) as far back as 2003.

"Are we cursed or are we the cause?"

I was a kid back then, but it was so good it reverberated everywhere...and everyone bought it.

The people bought it, and the people voted him in even though he ran under an almost unknown party, in a state that was firmly under PDP's grasp.

...and what is happening now, 20 years later, is almost what played out back then.

Reason he ran under APGA.

PDP didn't see him coming, and they've not been able to get back the state since then.

I see people talking about how Nigeria is a two-party state and no one can win if they're not in PDP or APC...and I don't know if it's just plain ignorance or selective dishonesty.

First, Nigeria doesn't run a party system in the true sense of the term.

Both APC and PDP are really from the same family, recycling the same set of politicians from the same pool. So there's nothing like party...there's just interests and structure.

Before 2014, APC as a party was not existing. It was mostly just PDP and a bunch of upcoming parties (yes, I'll call them upcoming. I don't know why we're acting like we have forgotten.

Three parties came together and formed APC to give them structure...and at the same time, they pulled some big names from PDP, weakening PDP's structure.

Then they ran one of the best opposition campaigns so far in our history...and they produced a President in less than two years of formation.

Like I said, I don't know if it's ignorance or selective dishonesty, or just sheer stupidity... that is making some of us believe "Peter Obi's political career is finished" and "he can't win outside the two parties" just because he left the PDP.

First of all, Peter Obi has always ran personality campaigns. To him, the party is just a vehicle...and he's always loyal, once you don't play any funny tricks.

He ran one in 2003 with APGA, and won. He was the one that gave APGA the current structure it has.

PDP was always supposed to be a vehicle to get him to where he needed to be, and he was willing to serve if that was what it takes. For him to leave now, he's a victim of politricks, and they played a card he didn't consider fair.

But his leaving has driven PDP back to 2015 when they lost the people's backing...cos they just lost it again.

He only needs to form a powerful alliance, and draw more big names from both APC and PDP...and boom, Nigeria becomes a three-party state. This would also give him the structure he needs.

But structure or no structure, if Nigerians come out to vote en masse, we can elect who we want to elect.

Nigeria's youths alone represent about 40m of our 200m population. The last two elections didn't even see a total of 40m voter turnout.

If we give Peter 40m votes, it can win him the election. And even if it's stolen from him...Peter is not exactly new to the courts. He has reclaimed his stolen mandate twice...from PDP. You really think he'll allow them steal it again?

...and if you think Peter Obi can't sponsor his own election campaign comfortably, then you obviously do not know this man well enough.

Anyways, my entire point is. If you do not want Peter Obi to win, that's okay. It's cool. Just chest your bias and say so already. Just stop spreading the false narratives as a faux Peter Obi supporter.

It's obvious Nigeria is not ready to fix itself. Some of us are ready to put up a good fight. It's either you're with us, or you're not. But don't claim to be with us and at the same time trying to demoralise us.

Respect your manhood.

I don't know what strong with all these campaign managers
In 2015 they said buhari is the Messiah, look at where we are. Now is Peter OBI.
Can someone tell me is achievements during his tenure. Na You and your SE member go vote for him
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by warlordd(m): 10:10am On May 30, 2022
[quote author=Ifesinachi22 post=113300586]Peter Obi ran arguably the best election campaign in Anambra (still) as far back as 2003.

"Are we cursed or are we the cause?"

I was a kid back then, but it was so good it reverberated everywhere...and everyone bought it.

The people bought it, and the people voted him in even though he ran under an almost unknown party, in a state that was firmly under PDP's grasp.

...and what is happening now, 20 years later, is almost what played out back then.

Rea
Obi became the governor of Anambra simply because Ojukwu supported him. His political career died the day he left APGA. Know this and know peace.
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by GoldenGTV(m): 10:11am On May 30, 2022
HiFive:
https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obi-pat-utomi-to-contest-labour-party-presidential-primary-on-monday/amp

So Mr. PO still have to contend with Dr. PU. P go outsmart each other. We are left with O & U. Do the analysis, yourself.

Give me food chop, check below...
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by BlackFlamefromP: 10:13am On May 30, 2022
Do you know what pains me? This Labour Party is a party with great potentials that has it takes to be a force to reckon with.

But our crooked, unstable politicians that keep jumping from one party to another after winning an election are the ones killing the party.

Just imagine what the party would have become by now if Gov. Mimiko and his followers didn't defect to another party?
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by warlordd(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2022
Pat Utomi is far more intelligent than Obi. I expect him to win unless he decides to step down. Meanwhile Obi is supporting Atiku who is PDP's presidential candidate.
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by TheOldGods: 10:19am On May 30, 2022
autodevice:
Goodluck to Peter Obi. But he miscalculated, he will come out third during the general election.Atiku-Obi ticket would have been a strong combo
that's the idea, to come out third, so all the south can see reason to support him amd see him as a strong candidate, and also a northern VP can now comfortably side with him. This way the parties will form alliance to create a stronger party and now pull a strong weight against the winner of 2023 election
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Yoighaman(m): 10:20am On May 30, 2022
Pat Utomi and every other contestant in that Labor Party should just step down and let Peter Obi emerge as the flagbearer. They all know they cannot win the Presidential election, not that Peter Obi stands a chance too, but at least, he can still pull a stunt.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by kponkedenge(m): 10:29am On May 30, 2022
gambia:
Labour party has no structure locally, its quite impossible to make a difference in the upcoming presidential election, thats just the simple truth.

But you guys keep saying you're tired of PDP and APC and that you want something different.... Now Labour Party has come, you guys are now complaining about structure.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Obainomilano: 10:29am On May 30, 2022
Mynd44:

3 party chairmen
and that is your problem.myiur problem should be is obi capable of doing what he said he will do ,is obi under control of any cabal or God father ,what are his previous records then you take your future in your own hands and remove the two autocratic parties destroying this nation since time immemorial
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by costandi(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2022
gambia:
Without that structure, I go still vote am.
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by MrUchenna1(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2022
Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.
P.O is a HERO
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by ChrisP92(m): 10:43am On May 30, 2022
���
smatt1711:
If Peter Obi loose to Utomi today, dey go admit people for hospital oh.

Which one is primary again for Labour Party?

And Pat don dey de party since

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Legendforte: 10:51am On May 30, 2022
Basic123:
Igbo youth
We don't know Peter obi here in the north
Ok u can know him now and tell ur fellow brothers.thanks
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by nebeolisa(m): 10:51am On May 30, 2022
Pat Utomi is a very well known personality who also wants Nigeria to work. I believe that he will be willing to concede to Peter Obi seeing that Peter has a movement behind him now. Still in the spirit of a better Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Nihao: 10:52am On May 30, 2022
Bring Donald Duke into this race, e go make sense too.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by bluefilm: 11:00am On May 30, 2022
loooozeem:
I don't know what strong with all these campaign managers
In 2015 they said buhari is the Messiah, look at where we are. Now is Peter OBI.
Can someone tell me is achievements during his tenure. Na You and your SE member go vote for him

Peter Obi is not Buhari.

Peter Obi is a manager.

Nigeria needs a manager now.

Nigeria needs to change from consumption to production so that our youths can have enough jobs.

Peter OBI is the man for the job right now.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by berrystunn(m): 11:01am On May 30, 2022
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by gambia(m): 11:03am On May 30, 2022
kponkedenge:

But you guys keep saying you're tired of PDP and APC and that you want something different.... Now Labour Party has come, you guys are now complaining about structure.

Labour party needs to be rooted well, Its actually not a day job, Its a gradual process. I'm just being realistic about the situation on ground, it will take labour party another 3-4yrs to gain full recognition around the country.
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Skymason20(m): 11:06am On May 30, 2022
PO for president, better days ahead
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by okotv(m): 11:09am On May 30, 2022
Mynd44:

3 party chairmen
Nigerians really need to learn how to collaborate.
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Nobody: 11:10am On May 30, 2022
israelp:
am not Igbo but must northern are digging gutters here in the south..... Something u will hardly find a southern youth doing... While enjoy ur backward mentality
they rather gamble than dig gutters right?
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Poleski: 11:27am On May 30, 2022
Pat Utomi should withdraw for Peter Obi. Unfortunately, southern leaders hardly do that for their fellow southerners.
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Poleski: 11:30am On May 30, 2022
Tonypens48:
Naija Youths, get your PVC now.
Your destiny is in your hands.
Take Charge of your future and that of your unborn kids.

The extension of voter registration would give more time for eligible Nigerians to exercise their right to participation during the 2023 and subsequent elections.

Nigeria will be great again in our lifetime,
God bless Nigeria.

Kindly check my signature below for your academic research writing assistance, Assignments, Projects, and content writing with Zero plagiarism.

Unfortunately, I applied for PVC since early 2021 and haven't received it yet. The rigging is real!
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Poleski: 11:40am On May 30, 2022
gambia:

What matters is popularity and good messaging that attracts votes, not how many local "structures" one has.
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by Duru009(m): 12:22pm On May 30, 2022
This people are just wasting there time and resources, this election is either APC or PDP...

Peter Obi ought to have withdrawn but stay back in the PDP to remain politically relevant incase of tomorrow...

Tomorrow again he will move back again to PDP, were is the integrity..,...

As,It is now, he has completely lost out
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by bigpastor(m): 12:47pm On May 30, 2022
Duru009:
This people are just wasting there time and resources, this election is either APC or PDP...

Peter Obi ought to have withdrawn but stay back in the PDP to remain politically relevant incase of tomorrow...

Tomorrow again he will move back again to PDP, were is the integrity..,...

As,It is now, he has completely lost out

In your mind!!!!

Just watch and see the political tsunami that is ensuing to FLUSH OUT the political misfits!!!

we're done with the cabals in APC/PDP

They are one and the same.

Anything other than these two allied parties (APC/PDP) will suffice!!!
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by bigpastor(m): 12:50pm On May 30, 2022
Where is our N80bn?

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/17/nigerias-treasury-chief-arrested-over-multi-million-dollar-fraud

Until they submit it , NOTHING FOR APC/PDP

O to ge!!!!
Re: Peter Obi, Pat Utomi To Contest Labour Party Presidential Primary Today by bigpastor(m): 12:51pm On May 30, 2022
Nihao:
Bring Donald Duke into this race, e go make sense too.
He will come in as a minister!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Review Of The A29 Super Tucano Fighter Jets - Photos And Videos / Bandits Expose SIM-NIN Linkage Failure, Police Can’t Track Gunmen / Yoruba Nation Protesters Converged At 3 In The Morning, Members Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.