Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! (1287 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / Baby Couldn't Differentiate Between His Mother & Her Twin Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Tonero5200: 6:56pm On May 30, 2022
hello all,
we lived in a society where every young man doing well for himself is labeled an internet fraudster. I'm tired of all the abuses I get from my friends and neighbors all the time gossiping about me all around because my generator is on 24/7 whenever am home.
few of them that came close, I try explaining to them am a crypto trader, monitoring signals and trade all the time but it always falls on deaf ears. They've crossed their mind that am a yahoo boy which am not. this has really got me depressed. it's so painful for an individual trying to live upright and yet some people will be telling lies just to paint me bad... just because they assume every young man is in to it.
this has really got a tone on my self esteem
I always look sad, when I hear comments about me

because of this

*I stopped wearing new clothes.
*I stopped taking keke drop or taxi
*I stopped looking clean, like leaving my bears all over my face
the worst of it all I stopped staying home to on my generator, instead I go to beer parlour buy meat then charge my phone and power bank... money that I could have used to economise buy fuel and stay comfortably in my house.

I know many of you will tell me not to care about what people say, but this is very painful...I would really loved to know how can I differentiate myself from this yahoo boys out there spoiling our name and be looked as a responsible adult that I am.

Seun
lalasticlala
mynd44

2 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Jay5mie: 7:04pm On May 30, 2022
Trader bawo…

Abeg shift

5 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by brightest5050: 7:04pm On May 30, 2022
Why did you have to explain yourself as a crypto trader to justify your lifestyle. You have given too much laxity to your co-tenant to label you a yahoo boy in your presence all in the name of justifying yourself.

Likewise your low self esteem have driven you out of the comfort of your house of which your neighbours do not pay the rent.

If truly you not into Internet fraud then you have no reason to look hagard to justify your lifestyle.

You can't please humans, your looking poor will only translate to your co tenant that your "maga" has not paid.

I would say you should ignore your co tenant. If your hands are really clean then you shouldn't worry.

If you so worried about your co tenant labelling you as Internet fraudster why not sue them for defamation ?

8 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by InsideLove(f): 7:06pm On May 30, 2022
Live your life and forget about what people say.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Tonero5200: 7:07pm On May 30, 2022
Jay5mie:
Trader bawo…

Abeg shift
this year you will be accused of something worse than this and you will remember this my post.
and someone will you tell you outrightly that they don't believe your innocence
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Tonero5200: 7:09pm On May 30, 2022
InsideLove:
Live your life and forget about what people say.
I can't forget about people calling me a thief, it's fustrating..I'm getting depressed already
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by GboyegaD(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2022
Just continue in your path provided it is legit. If you want to avoid the talk, rent an office place with maybe 3 other colleagues to share the rent and keep you occupied from morning till evening.

3 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by DontBullshitMe: 7:11pm On May 30, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6849606/parents-sponsored-wedding-should-worried

Here. You complained about your in-laws sponsoring your wedding.

Today, you said people are accusing you of being an internet fraudster. Stupid Liar.

How much is Seun paying you?

3 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Tonero5200: 7:12pm On May 30, 2022
GboyegaD:
Just continue in your path provided it is legit. If you want to avoid the talk, rent an office place with maybe 3 other colleagues to share the rent and keep you occupied from morning till evening.
Thanks very much for this, but why rent an office when I can trade comfortably at my home, church, school or even outside my compound.
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Tonero5200: 7:19pm On May 30, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
https://www.nairaland.com/6849606/parents-sponsored-wedding-should-worried

Here. You complained about your in-laws sponsoring your wedding.

Today, you said people are accusing you of being an internet fraudster. Stupid Liar.

How much is Seun paying you?

how am I a liar?
please tell me how does my in-law sponsoring my marriage last year says am lieing here?
are you sure your psychologically okay

2 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Acidosis(m): 7:20pm On May 30, 2022
Who is a crypto trader? What are you trading and why do you have to keep your generator on 24/7?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Prayfortheworld: 7:20pm On May 30, 2022
Tonero5200:

how am I a liar?
please tell me how does my in-law sponsoring my marriage says am lieing here?
My brother abeg help me reach me how to trade i don loose everything to crypto i was not informed abeg
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Abcruz(m): 7:22pm On May 30, 2022
No matter what you do in this life people will have something to say about you.

If they can't read you, they will write their own story about you.

As long as you're doing legitimate business, you have to let them be. Explaining to them what you do for a living in order to look good before them is a total waste of time.

People will only believe what they choose to believe... Don't try to convince them.

Why do you care about the opinions of those who don't feed nor clothe you?

2 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Tonero5200: 7:23pm On May 30, 2022
Prayfortheworld:

My brother abeg help me reach me how to trade i don loose everything to crypto i was not informed abeg
we have a crypto thread for that here on nl. search for it
thanks
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by FatherBona: 7:35pm On May 30, 2022
Jay5mie:
Trader bawo…

Abeg shift

Poverty will not allow this one to believe that there are so many legitimate ways of making money on the internet without resorting to crime undecided

Keep living in the dark ages grin grin

1 Like

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by GboyegaD(m): 7:57pm On May 30, 2022
Tonero5200:

Thanks very much for this, but why rent an office when I can trade comfortably at my home, church, school or even outside my compound.

Sometimes, the synergy from like minds could be of greater benefits to all.
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by stacyadams: 8:02pm On May 30, 2022
Tonero5200:
hello all,
we lived in a society where every young man doing well for himself is labeled an internet fraudster. I'm tired of all the abuses I get from my friends and neighbors all the time gossiping about me all around because my generator is on 24/7 whenever am home.
few of them that came close, I try explaining to them am a crypto trader, monitoring signals and trade all the time but it always falls on deaf ears. They've crossed their mind that am a yahoo boy which am not. this has really got me depressed. it's so painful for an individual trying to live upright and yet some people will be telling lies just to paint me bad... just because they assume every young man is in to it.

because of this

the worst of it all I stopped staying home to on my generator, instead I go to beer parlour buy meat then charge my phone and power bank... money that I could have used to economise buy fuel and stay comfortably in my house.

I know many of you will tell me not to care about what people say, but this is very painful...I would really loved to know how can I differentiate myself from this yahoo boys out there spoiling our name and be looked as a responsible adult that I am.

Seun
lalasticlala
mynd44

Y do u care bout what they think bout u..give me location com take just one bottle..I don't take no more than one
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Jay5mie: 8:08pm On May 30, 2022
FatherBona:

Poverty will not allow this one to believe that there are so many legitimate ways of making money on the internet without resorting to crime undecided

Keep living in the dark ages grin grin

No allow motivational speakers deceive you for their own gain bro.

1 Like

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by JovialJune(f): 8:22pm On May 30, 2022
I understand Op's fear, because a time will come that his mumu neighbors, out of envy and jealousy, will call the police on him, or arrange boys to rob his house and beat him up, I just pray you don't meet your death in the process(God forbid)

You need to move out of that environment.as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Emma2Seconds: 8:30pm On May 30, 2022
Guy Nay Village U Dey
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by DeadorAlive(f): 6:50am On May 31, 2022
Tonero5200:
hello all,

because of this

Seun
lalasticlala
mynd44

Rent an office or look for shared office around. Make sure you go out and return at night.

Simple.

Another option is to get an inverter to reduce how you on generator.

I can be at home for a week, no one will know. Because I have inverter and enough food to last me for weeks.

I go out mostly weekends and evenings.

1 Like

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Nwaotu10(m): 11:49am On May 31, 2022
Same is obtainable here,bro.
I'm a video-editor, working for many media firms. I'm always indoors with gen on, editing videos for clients.
my neighbors are gossiping I'm a yahoo boy cos I consistently stay indoors.
I've learned to ignore them shaa!
I'm fighting a war to emancipate myself from poverty, I don't give a heck to gossip! grin grin
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Johnchrix(m): 12:08pm On May 31, 2022
Why not buy solar instead
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by CR777: 2:13pm On May 31, 2022
Tonero5200:
hello all,

because of this

Seun
lalasticlala
mynd44

Message me on whatsapp, I can install a very nice solar that can power your apartment comfortably.

1 Like

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Pootle: 3:48pm On May 31, 2022
buy a Tshirt and print am not a yahoo boy on it...always put it on grin
Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by suffering: 3:56pm On May 31, 2022
Lol. Disturbing yourself over meaningless things. Impregnate a woman so she’ll birth a child. By the time you buy Pampers ten times in a row you’ll realize people’s opinions won’t change your journey through life.

1 Like

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by anthonyuncle(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
why didn't you stop having sex because of what people will say?

keep on living your life for people

2 Likes

Re: As a young man, how do I differentiate myself from yahoo boys? Pls Help!! by Tohsynetita1: 4:52am On Jun 20, 2022
leave the environment to another one.
You could get Inverter since it's Gen you use.
Also, you could have a shop or farm where you run another business. Station someone there as sales manager if there's need for prove of your income source.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Women And Children: Condemned To Silence / What Wil U Do If U Husband Is Sleepn Wt Ur Mother Or Ur Father Sleepn Wt Ur Wife / What Does It Mean When You Dream Especially When It's Recurrent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.