Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? (1887 Views)

Tinubu Sin Against Igbo People / What Is Tinubu's Sin / What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? By Kay Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by seguntijan(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2022
By Kay Lord.

I want to seriously address an issue today.

This write up I am directing mostly to Yorubas and Nigerian citizens from the southern part of Nigeria.

I have never had any problem with people making a choice of who they want to support for an elective position. I believe as human beings, it is our inalienable right as a homo sapiens to have a freewill to make informed choices over anything in life, including political choices. Even God gave us, His creation a free will to make choices. God as almighty as He is, would never force His will on any human being, how much more another human being to force another to take a position he does not like or want.

In fact, life would lose his colour if we all follow the same route over everything that pertains to life. The English folks says variety is the spice of life. Our forefathers in Yorubaland in their own wisdom too says; “gbogbo wa a le sun ka kori si ibi kanna.” Therefore, I don’t ever have any problem with friends/people who share a different opinion from mine. In fact, I respect people who are confident to have an alternate view over issues, own it and can brilliantly articulate those views, even if I don’t agree with them. Some closest persons to me on Facebook don’t usually agree with me on political choices. It is very okay. That is how life should be.

Having given this background, I need to really ask what sin Tinubu has committed that warranted the level of hatred unleashed on him by people, especially of the same ethnic group with him and folks from the southern part of Nigeria. It is okay not to want a man to be president. My closest friends on this platform are supporting Osinbajo, and this has not changed anything between us. It is their political choice and preference. Your choice does not change who you are as a person. What I find distasteful are the people that have vowed not only to stop Tinubu, but to malign his character. Cook up different stories to make him look like the devil. Whereas it is very hard for you to see other ethnic groups do these to their own leaders.

Since Atiku emerged as PDP candidate and even before the primary, hardly would you find a Northerner disparage him, assassinate his character, and say unprintable stuff about him. Don’t get it twisted, a lot of northerners are not supporting his candidacy, but they would never disrespect him blatantly. Of course, there would always be an exception to the rule, but this is a general observation that is valid. I sat down and ask myself, why are we like this down south?

Tinubu’s detractors are quick to echo about how corrupt he is, yet they have no single evidence to corroborate their claim. Am I saying Tinubu is a saint? Never! Then, the question is, which politician is a saint in Nigeria? Okay, if you say Tinubu is corrupt, what of Atiku? Guess what, how many northerners are daily shouting how corrupt Atiku is? The kind of scathing testament about Atiku written by a man who knows him best, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in his book, My Watch is enough to disqualify someone from ever holding a public office. But did you hear northerners shout themselves hoarse about it?

The next thing is to say Tinubu is too old. At 70 too old? Some wrote a PhD dissertation on Tinubu’s likely age to be 90. I got so angry one day, I told one of those folks I know a 90-year-old man when I see one because my Dad is 89 years old and would be 90 by October. For you to say Tinubu is 90 only shows you don’t have elders and old people in your family. That is the only reason you can say a 70-year-old man is 90 and too old. To them, at 70 Tinubu is too old to run for President, but nobody is saying a word about Atiku who is 75 and just won PDP primary election. Have you heard a northerner talk about Atiku’s age? Yet, my own people go about with the chorus of Tinubu is too old. Se afise ni?
They don't know Biden is 79 years old, Trump, 75; Nancy Pelosi, 82. Paul Biya, 89; Cornelius Smith, 85. Chile's president is 36; Finland, 36. Age is an argument for the ignoramuses.

When Tinubu said it is his lifetime ambition to run for President, guess who the people are who started saying…” ohhh so it is about himself and not Nigeria…” Sometimes, you feel like oh my gosh when you read what they write. Bill Clinton visited the White House at age 16 as part of a school trip on July 24, 1963, and met former and late US President, John F. Kennedy. Clinton said that chance meeting and a few seconds handshake fired his imagination and made it a lifetime ambition for him to be the President of the USA in the future.

The question is, those that have not had ambition to become president in Nigeria and found themselves in office by accident, tell me, what has been their achievement. I hate criminal modesty and humility! How can having an ambition, which is a good thing suddenly become a burden to be used to disqualify a man from becoming President. Is ambition not supposed to be a propelling force to prepare a man for a task ahead in the future? Give me a man who has ambition and is ready anytime, and I would give him my vote. You all can go and beg people to be president.
Question is, Atiku who has been contesting for president for 30 years, what does he have? I guess it is not a lifelong ambition then.

Some went as far as writing to Chicago State University to ask if indeed Tinubu went to school. I like Oyinbo people, they don’t suffer fools gladly. They told them, Tinubu did not only attend our university, but he also graduated cuman cum laude, that is, he graduated first class and top of his class. A friend’s uncle who attended same university with Tinubu regaled us with stories when we visited him in Ibadan few years ago when Tinubu was Governor. He said Tinubu was so brilliant the University hired him to teach his classmates and was paying him salary. He even told us his nickname which was coined from Tinubu’s favourite meal at school at that time. Guess what, who is asking about Atiku’s academic credentials? Who is writing to ABU to find out if indeed Atiku has a Diploma in Law?
But my southern Nigerian people would not let us rest about Tinubu’s academic credentials, as if an Oyinbo man would employ anyone without prerequisite qualification to work with a foremost accounting/Management firm in the world, or one of the world major oil firms where he rose to become a Treasurer at Mobil. Atiku is not even as educated as Tinubu, yet you would never hear a northerner raise issues with Atiku about his education. Our too know go kill us one day!

How many men has Atiku raised as a leader? I know for sure he has raised men, but can you compare him to Tinubu in that regard? If you doubt me, scrutinise and list those who have gone through Tinubu’s political and leadership 'academy' and tell me raising leaders is not the hallmark of a great leader. Both PDP in the past and APC up till now are enjoying the services of those Tinubu raised politically.

It is the same people that would talk down on the economic achievement of Tinubu as Lagos Governor and in making sure that his successors stick to the development plan for Lagos. If you think it is a child’s play to turn the economy of a state to the 5th largest in Africa, try and run a business and let’s see. Read me well, Atiku does not have a clarity of thought when it comes to the management of the economy of this country. Tinubu’s thoughts on the economy and his plan are out there to read. The books he has written or co-authored are there to read. Show me that of Atiku. Let’s make this an issue-based matter. Enough of emotional vituperations that adds no value to our collective development as a people and as a nation.

Anytime the issue of democracy is raised, a lot of people suddenly develop memory loss. Who are the champions of the democracy we now enjoy today? Who are the people that were locked up for standing to the military junta? Was Atiku one of them?
Thank God, during his visit to Kwara State, Tinubu thanked the Emir of Ilorin who as a sitting Judge released Tinubu from Abacha’s detention and was able to escape into exile through the popular Cotonou route, and from there went abroad and was heavily financing NADECO. Prof. Wole Soyinka corroborated all of these. That is why I find it funny when they come up with, where did he get his money? Why did you not ask him that in the 90s when he was dolling out his personal funds to help pro-democracy groups against the military junta. Hardly would you see a northerner ask those questions of Atiku. Meanwhile, Tinubu’s wealth even before he became a Governor is well documented. Okay, Atiku retired from Custom…what next? And he became a billionaire. End of story.

Apart from his guber election before Obasanjo picked him to be VP, has Atiku ever won any other election? But folks won’t let us hear word about how Tinubu is unelectable. For a man who has dealt a big electoral blow against PDP back-to-back since 1999 and a final blow to their 16-year reign in 2015, it is such an insult.

E je ke farabale now...

©️ Kay Lord, 300522.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by MadamVanessa(f): 10:48am On May 31, 2022
shocked

Tinubu is a thief that dealt mercilessly with Lagos state money. This is a known fact

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Jayjayz: 10:49am On May 31, 2022
Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by SlurUsername1: 10:50am On May 31, 2022
Igbos have a pull him down syndrome. It's either their way or the high way. This was how they hated on balewas government and Instead of changing him through the polls they plotted his execution and other influential Northerners. They do not have the Patience to engage people with dissenting opinions.
they feel their ideas are superior to others and if you don't agree with them they find a way to execute u if they have their way. You have your man in the poll like we have tinubu, instead of you to promote his candidacy, you are busy hating on tinubu like ur life depends on it. Is tinubu the reason why Peter obi was not unanimously accepted as the concensus candidate of PDP? You do not have a problem with ATIKU,WIKE Southeast and southsouth governors for not stepping down for and working with Peter obi but you want to die ontop Tinubu that is not a deciding factor whatsoever in PDP. Learn to know your enemies and fight them squarely and stop looking for whom to transfer your generational frustration on.
Never will an ipob member be allowed near the corridors of power

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by seguntijan(m): 10:56am On May 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

Tinubu is a thief that dealt mercilessly with Lagos state money. This is a known fact

And with that Lagos state still report the highest IGR in the country. They still remain the model of development for other states in the country?

And most of people that came to Lagos with poly bag, Lagos turn them to man of honor in there home town.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by ZombieSlaughter: 10:58am On May 31, 2022
I am Igbo and I like tinubu as a person, even though his online urchins are the worst dregs who keep insulting the east at all times. They popularized the word 5%ers, 'Oh the east is irrelevant', they would say. Every negative thing that befalls the East, they cheer. They really destroyed tinubu's pedigree in the eyes of other southerners.

But more importantly, the SW have taken their turn and therefore must wait for other southerners to take theirs. Unfortunately tinubu is from SW. Too bad. No hard feelings.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by 9jatriot(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2022
This is really an interesting read.
Southern education is used more destructively.

9 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by lathrowinger: 11:01am On May 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

What could have lead to this hatered... Just like that

Imagine someone calling Peter Obi a terrorist? For no reason

Don't u think you are not normal...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Reality3080: 11:05am On May 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

he stole Lagos money but y are u igbos crying more than d bereaved?

Thank goodness he didn’t steal any Igbo state money then what is it?

Even orji uzor kalu that stole abia to d ground n even got convicted for it is not seeing this kind of hate from u igbos

It’s highly annoying when u leave someone that stole abia n it became a glorified village n start attacking someone who has never stolen a pin from u before

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by itaewon: 11:06am On May 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

lagos state money not alaigbo not money beside Peter Obi is more notorious than tinubu.
obi is a big thief

8 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 31, 2022
Most People don't hate for reasonable reasons, they hate because they are conditioned to hate. That's why I don't try to stop anyone from hating me

12 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Pakute: 11:08am On May 31, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

This was Jagaban before becoming a Governor.

7 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Brexxit(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2022
Tinubu is too greedy hence the hatred,he sold Buhari to us.

4 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by dplordx(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2022
See, you are too intelligent for this forum which has been hijacked by Igbos and their family.

For a people to so much hate, malice and anger towards another person, to the point of bringing death and destruction to their homeland, tells you Tinubu existence is a nightmare to this set of people. I’m sure if Buhari had thrown Yorubas under the bus just the same GEJ had done, the Ibos will worship him and call him a god. I remember how they were so happy when some Yoruba leaders went to demand the inclusion of Yoruba land in his projects. Some popular Ibo guys here were so happy they even called us names. Remember, it was a Yoruba man, prof Wole Soyinka who clamored for political support for GEJ back then when Yaradua’s wife and another SE man called Aandoaoka tried to cage him. Soyinka was later shredded apart by the same Ibos when he dared criticized Soyinka. Even Obj who fought tooth and nail wasn’t spared. Can you even ask yourself what bad has the Yoruba ever done the Ibos? They keep shouting Awolowo. Was he the one who declared war on them? They said Obasanjo is a baboon, the same Obj employed Soludo, Okonjo, Akunyili, Ezekwenzili and others. Even there are Ibos in Lagos state cabinet. Till eternity, no Yoruba man will be given that type of honor in Ibo land. Never

Tinubu is the leader the Ibos would never ever have. Who among them is close to Tinubu? None! That is why they are all flooding the same Lagos developed by the same man and his henchmen till today — more Ibos have prospered in Lagos than the entire SE yet they hate you the owners of the land with incredible passion.

Tinubu’s biggest crime was never allowing the Ibos to overrun Lagos, he didnt allow them to push out you stupid Yorubas that hate one another, and claim it as their home. The reason you hear them jerkn off to the term No-Man’s-Land, just the same way God has turned their land to Unknown-Gunmen-Land. Indeed God is fighting for the Yoruba and he will fight for Tinubu because the Yoruba man takes no prisoner. We don’t hate anyone, which is why you will see different tribes and ethnicities thriving peacefully in our land.

So Stop stressing yourself, your enemy is the average Ibo man benefiting from your land. He doesn’t just hate Tinubu, he’s been programmed to despise, hate and loathe you unless you give him your right which some pathetic Yorubas are clamoring for — let’s make an ibo man President — let’s let them govern Lagos state — like the average Ibo man will ever give the Idiotic Yoruba mumu 1/1000000th of what the Yoruba has offered them.

Know this and have peace. The ibo will rather vote the same Fulani man killing and raping their families in the village and economically than ever vote Tinubu.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by sogodihno: 11:12am On May 31, 2022
Tinubu is majorly hated by 5% useless pigs, it s planted in them by their fore fathers, but they failed to ask their fore fathers what befell them for their hatred against yoruba.

They will be taught another bitter lesson in 2023

5 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Vulturereloaded: 11:13am On May 31, 2022
He refused to put southern interest above selfish interest.

Same with Wike.

He will learn the hard way.

2 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Carlosdd: 11:14am On May 31, 2022
Efcc chairlady icpc chairlady if you have any information regarding your allegations against him go to the appropriate agency to file it don’t come online to insult our intelligence because of your hatred , jealous and bitterness

2 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2022
Tinubu is a saint, his online urchins are the problem. There filled with hatred, tribal bigotry and severe mental wickedness. In fact, Tinubu urchins introduced tribal politics to Nairaland politics section that was once an enclave for cerebral discussions. It just portrays their master as also a diabolically wicked tribal bigot and he has done absolutely nothing to change that image

1 Like

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:17am On May 31, 2022
Brexxit:
Tinubu is too greedy hence the hatred,he sold Buhari to us.
But Atiku that also sold buhari, and equally as corrupt is not that hated.

3 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2022
seguntijan:

And with that Lagos state still report the highest IGR in the country. They still remain the model of development for other states in the country?

And most of people that came to Lagos with poly bag, Lagos turn them to man of honor in there home town.
Is Tinubu from Lagos, Lagos has been developed before he was born, why did he run away from osun his state? Lagos is for everybody

2 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Realist12: 11:18am On May 31, 2022
Let he who is without sin be the first to cast the stone , to be a leader there are sacrifices you take for the greater good of the followers . His biggest biggest sin is being the godfather in Lagos. Yet he only has influence not military power .
I believe Tinubu orientation of leadership is above the average Nigerian political class . And that's why he has so much influence.
Among all the aspirants only Tinubu is the one that can sacrifice the most for the country.

5 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by RepoMan007: 11:18am On May 31, 2022
He isn't up to leadership standard. Just an office person with great zeal for self.
Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:20am On May 31, 2022
RepoMan007:
He isn't up to leadership standard. Just an office person with great zeal for self.
Which politician is? Let's know the standard. This is actually one of the things that confuses me, not his fan, but i'm inquisitive about why some pple hate him soo much. See Atiku for example, equally as corrupt. He has done nothing to help Nigeria, and he also helped buhari to win. But he's not this hated.

4 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by opendo21(m): 11:24am On May 31, 2022
A king is not loved in his own home...The bigger the home the larger the hatred..Thankfully, the man is unperturbed by those who want to trade words with him...Most of those throwing insults do not even have the guts to stand before this man. Has he made mistakes? Yes, like every human being....We may not have liked the way he handled some issues, but we can't take away the fact that he is a Builder with a very expansive Network.

I would have preferred a Peter Obi, but when I look at the Labour Party, I am afraid of those he may want to build with...Who are their aspirants or Governorship, Senate, House of Rep candidates. What is their pedigree...

We may not like where we are today, but we should be careful about the future we wish to chart

3 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by RepoMan007: 11:26am On May 31, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
Which politician is? Let's know the standard. This is actually one of the things that confuses me, not his fan, but i'm inquisitive about why some pple hate him soo much. See Atiku for example, equally as corrupt. He has done nothing to help Nigeria, and he also helped buhari to win. But he's not this hated.
Buba Marwa. I understand Atiku is a big threat to Tinubu given APC's woeful performance that made PDP suddenly look competent.
Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by 9jatriot(m): 11:30am On May 31, 2022
If this report was about Tinubu, I wonder if it would not have been very popoluar
A DAMNING WRITE-UP ON ATIKU

�� A County Ruled By Semi-illiterates Over The Years. As Permutations For 2023 Continues_

Still on Atiku Abubakar !!!

Prof Akin Omoz-Oarhe writes:

A fair comment

1. He is far more educated than PMB. I do not mean possession of college certificate but having a broader outlook of life. So he would certainly have been less nepotistic and would not have inflicted this level of disunity on us.

2. But he was NOT a nice guy OBJ made us to know that. He was a crook from his mothers womb:

�Just imagine in those days when forgery was alien to us into the 1960s, he 'wangled' his way into Police College without the requisite WAEC qualifications. Certificate checks found him out. He failed Mathematics and was sacked.

�He went for training as a Sanitary Inspector. He became one but stole a litre of 'Izal' and got sacked.

�"Somehow he became a Tax Collector. It was found that with appropriate gratification, he halved the taxes due some people. He got kicked out.

�No record that he ever repeated his WAEC but he got a place in ABU to study for a Diploma in Sharia Law.

�Recruitment Agents wanted some people in the Custom. They found that he was once a Tax Collector and was a student in Police College. Good combination. He got the Custom job. He rose fast.

�One day, while on duty heading a Unit, a beautiful Yoruba girl, Atinuke, had crossed Seme Border to Republic of Benin (then Dahomey) and smuggled in some 'ankara' materials. On her return she was caught by the Customs and dragged to their boss Atiku. WAO! Atiku loved what he saw. He decided to give the law a human face. He asked his boys what the Customs charges would have been if not smuggled. They computered it and gave him the figure. He paid on her behalf and 3 months later married her as his first wife. Two of a type.

�Atiku continued to rise in the Customs. He moved to a Unit where it was their duty to open all containers that were imported into Nigeria as to ascertain what were inside and charged appropriately. It was lucrative. He made friends and money. How? He would open a container and find a car inside that could attract some millions of naira. He would declare that the container contained panadol, that attracted no duty. The owner would share the gain with Atiku. One of the beneficiary was an Italian. They became good friends via partnership in crime.

�Atiku soon recommended that the job in the Unit was beyond the staffing and that there was need for conducting firm to be engaged to carry out that duty on behalf of the government. The government accepted the recommendation. Very quickly, Atiku and his Italian friend set up Intel. Yes the famous Intel.

�Soon Atiku thievery became too much and the Government of IBB decided to sack him. Someone pleaded on his behalf. IBB gave him the option to retire. That's why Atiku got out of Custom as an Assistant Contoller of Custom.

�He got into politics. We know the rest of how he became the Vice President to OBJ.

�His problem with OBJ was because he had already engaged a marabout who tells him what political moves to make. In spite of having won the governorship of Adamawa, the marabout told him he would not rule as a governor. Something bigger was coming which he must take because that would lead him to be President of Nigeria. Soon OBJ offered him the position of Presidential running mate in the 1999 Presidential election. The marabout had already told him to accept the position. So he jettisoned the governorship position and ran with OBJ and won.

�His trouble with OBJ started because the marabout told him that he would from that position become a President. He did not care to ask when. So immediately he became the Vice President, he guessed that OBJ would do one term. So he immediately started working on replacing OBJ in 2003. OBJ got to know all about the marabout and then swore that Atiku would never get there.

�Lest we forget, once Atiku became the VP, in 2001, changed Intel contract to 20 years.

�Atiku was a devout muslim. The Muslim has a right to have up to 4 wives if the means is there. It was for Atiku. In those years as he struggled to be a state governor of Adamawa State, it became expedient to expand his connection. So he married the daughter of the Emir of Adamawa as his third wife. Then later a 4th.

�As a Vice President, Atiku met an Igbo lady in NTA who came to interview him. He liked the girl because she was sharp.

� Atiku expanded his business to the US. He was now collecting money from businessmen promising to open business opportunities for them in Nigeria. He needed someone to handle the US front. He remembered her Igbo TV friend. He pulled her out of the NTA and sent her to handle his US business.

�The two did so much together and were later both banned from entering the US.

�Atiku continued his struggle to be President. He already had one Yoruba wife and 3 Northern wives. He needed Igbo votes too so as to tell Nigerians that he is total Nigerian. He needed an Igbo wife for this. But he already had 4 wives. So he sacked the second wife to create a space for the Onitsha girl!!!

�1971, he secretly married Titilayo Albert, in Lagos, because her family was initially opposed to the union. His children from her include: Fatima, Adamu, Halima and Aminu.

�In 1979, he married Ladi Yakubu as his second wife. He has six children with Ladi: Abba, Atiku, Zainab, Ummi-Hauwa, Maryam and Rukaiyatu.

�In 1983, he married his third wife, Princess Rukaiyatu, daughter of the Lamido of Adamawa, Aliyu Mustafa.

�Abubakar later divorced Ladi, allowing him to marry a fourth wife Jennifer Iwenjiora Douglas.

However it was Ladi the second wife he divorced not Rukayatu

Atiku has 5 wives and 26 children!!!

My Take: Nigeria is being ruled by bunch of criminals! I have always said it that none of the people that have ruled Nigeria democratically, should have been the Head of State/President if education and knowledge of the job, (like the case of civilized countries) was a prerequisite. Just imagine the CV of Atiku. A con man par excellence!!! This country has gone to the dogs for too long, and she needs a surgical operation.

Thinking Nigeria, But...
God Does Not Author Confusion.

A 14 year-old cannot be admitted into university to study, but a 13 year-old can be married.

A school certificate holder cannot become a director in the civil service, but a school certificate holder can become President and commander-in-chief of the entire country.

The country is among the major oil producing countries in the world, but it imports the fuel it consume.

The country has the highest number of foreign doctors in the UK and America, but its leaders travel abroad for their medical needs.

The country shoots armless protesters, but hold peace parleys *with bandits, kidnappers, and terrorists *.

The country rehabilitates terrorists, but their victims languish in refugee camps.

God did not create any country. He located human beings in different territories and gave them all empowerments to survive.

Whatever they turn out to be is entirely their choices and decisions.

UAE and Qatar are deserts converted to paradise.

Nigeria is paradise converted to hell.

Nigeria is epitome of confusion, and God is not the author of confusion.

Yet, we can right the wrong. It's our difficult but surmountable task. Yes, We Can...
Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by 00FFT00(m): 11:36am On May 31, 2022
seguntijan:
By Kay Lord.

I want to seriously address an issue today.

This write up I am directing mostly to Yorubas and Nigerian citizens from the southern part of Nigeria.

I have never had any problem with people making a choice of who they want to support for an elective position. I believe as human beings, it is our inalienable right as a homo sapiens to have a freewill to make informed choices over anything in life, including political choices. Even God gave us, His creation a free will to make choices. God as almighty as He is, would never force His will on any human being, how much more another human being to force another to take a position he does not like or want.

In fact, life would lose his colour if we all follow the same route over everything that pertains to life. The English folks says variety is the spice of life. Our forefathers in Yorubaland in their own wisdom too says; “gbogbo wa a le sun ka kori si ibi kanna.” Therefore, I don’t ever have any problem with friends/people who share a different opinion from mine. In fact, I respect people who are confident to have an alternate view over issues, own it and can brilliantly articulate those views, even if I don’t agree with them. Some closest persons to me on Facebook don’t usually agree with me on political choices. It is very okay. That is how life should be.

Having given this background, I need to really ask what sin Tinubu has committed that warranted the level of hatred unleashed on him by people, especially of the same ethnic group with him and folks from the southern part of Nigeria. It is okay not to want a man to be president. My closest friends on this platform are supporting Osinbajo, and this has not changed anything between us. It is their political choice and preference. Your choice does not change who you are as a person. What I find distasteful are the people that have vowed not only to stop Tinubu, but to malign his character. Cook up different stories to make him look like the devil. Whereas it is very hard for you to see other ethnic groups do these to their own leaders.

Since Atiku emerged as PDP candidate and even before the primary, hardly would you find a Northerner disparage him, assassinate his character, and say unprintable stuff about him. Don’t get it twisted, a lot of northerners are not supporting his candidacy, but they would never disrespect him blatantly. Of course, there would always be an exception to the rule, but this is a general observation that is valid. I sat down and ask myself, why are we like this down south?

Tinubu’s detractors are quick to echo about how corrupt he is, yet they have no single evidence to corroborate their claim. Am I saying Tinubu is a saint? Never! Then, the question is, which politician is a saint in Nigeria? Okay, if you say Tinubu is corrupt, what of Atiku? Guess what, how many northerners are daily shouting how corrupt Atiku is? The kind of scathing testament about Atiku written by a man who knows him best, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in his book, My Watch is enough to disqualify someone from ever holding a public office. But did you hear northerners shout themselves hoarse about it?

The next thing is to say Tinubu is too old. At 70 too old? Some wrote a PhD dissertation on Tinubu’s likely age to be 90. I got so angry one day, I told one of those folks I know a 90-year-old man when I see one because my Dad is 89 years old and would be 90 by October. For you to say Tinubu is 90 only shows you don’t have elders and old people in your family. That is the only reason you can say a 70-year-old man is 90 and too old. To them, at 70 Tinubu is too old to run for President, but nobody is saying a word about Atiku who is 75 and just won PDP primary election. Have you heard a northerner talk about Atiku’s age? Yet, my own people go about with the chorus of Tinubu is too old. Se afise ni?
They don't know Biden is 79 years old, Trump, 75; Nancy Pelosi, 82. Paul Biya, 89; Cornelius Smith, 85. Chile's president is 36; Finland, 36. Age is an argument for the ignoramuses.

When Tinubu said it is his lifetime ambition to run for President, guess who the people are who started saying…” ohhh so it is about himself and not Nigeria…” Sometimes, you feel like oh my gosh when you read what they write. Bill Clinton visited the White House at age 16 as part of a school trip on July 24, 1963, and met former and late US President, John F. Kennedy. Clinton said that chance meeting and a few seconds handshake fired his imagination and made it a lifetime ambition for him to be the President of the USA in the future.

The question is, those that have not had ambition to become president in Nigeria and found themselves in office by accident, tell me, what has been their achievement. I hate criminal modesty and humility! How can having an ambition, which is a good thing suddenly become a burden to be used to disqualify a man from becoming President. Is ambition not supposed to be a propelling force to prepare a man for a task ahead in the future? Give me a man who has ambition and is ready anytime, and I would give him my vote. You all can go and beg people to be president.
Question is, Atiku who has been contesting for president for 30 years, what does he have? I guess it is not a lifelong ambition then.

Some went as far as writing to Chicago State University to ask if indeed Tinubu went to school. I like Oyinbo people, they don’t suffer fools gladly. They told them, Tinubu did not only attend our university, but he also graduated cuman cum laude, that is, he graduated first class and top of his class. A friend’s uncle who attended same university with Tinubu regaled us with stories when we visited him in Ibadan few years ago when Tinubu was Governor. He said Tinubu was so brilliant the University hired him to teach his classmates and was paying him salary. He even told us his nickname which was coined from Tinubu’s favourite meal at school at that time. Guess what, who is asking about Atiku’s academic credentials? Who is writing to ABU to find out if indeed Atiku has a Diploma in Law?
But my southern Nigerian people would not let us rest about Tinubu’s academic credentials, as if an Oyinbo man would employ anyone without prerequisite qualification to work with a foremost accounting/Management firm in the world, or one of the world major oil firms where he rose to become a Treasurer at Mobil. Atiku is not even as educated as Tinubu, yet you would never hear a northerner raise issues with Atiku about his education. Our too know go kill us one day!

How many men has Atiku raised as a leader? I know for sure he has raised men, but can you compare him to Tinubu in that regard? If you doubt me, scrutinise and list those who have gone through Tinubu’s political and leadership 'academy' and tell me raising leaders is not the hallmark of a great leader. Both PDP in the past and APC up till now are enjoying the services of those Tinubu raised politically.

It is the same people that would talk down on the economic achievement of Tinubu as Lagos Governor and in making sure that his successors stick to the development plan for Lagos. If you think it is a child’s play to turn the economy of a state to the 5th largest in Africa, try and run a business and let’s see. Read me well, Atiku does not have a clarity of thought when it comes to the management of the economy of this country. Tinubu’s thoughts on the economy and his plan are out there to read. The books he has written or co-authored are there to read. Show me that of Atiku. Let’s make this an issue-based matter. Enough of emotional vituperations that adds no value to our collective development as a people and as a nation.

Anytime the issue of democracy is raised, a lot of people suddenly develop memory loss. Who are the champions of the democracy we now enjoy today? Who are the people that were locked up for standing to the military junta? Was Atiku one of them?
Thank God, during his visit to Kwara State, Tinubu thanked the Emir of Ilorin who as a sitting Judge released Tinubu from Abacha’s detention and was able to escape into exile through the popular Cotonou route, and from there went abroad and was heavily financing NADECO. Prof. Wole Soyinka corroborated all of these. That is why I find it funny when they come up with, where did he get his money? Why did you not ask him that in the 90s when he was dolling out his personal funds to help pro-democracy groups against the military junta. Hardly would you see a northerner ask those questions of Atiku. Meanwhile, Tinubu’s wealth even before he became a Governor is well documented. Okay, Atiku retired from Custom…what next? And he became a billionaire. End of story.

Apart from his guber election before Obasanjo picked him to be VP, has Atiku ever won any other election? But folks won’t let us hear word about how Tinubu is unelectable. For a man who has dealt a big electoral blow against PDP back-to-back since 1999 and a final blow to their 16-year reign in 2015, it is such an insult.

E je ke farabale now...

©️ Kay Lord, 300522.

Good job at your attempt to launder your Man's image. I did not bother to read all your deceptive paragraphs or the insults contained therein, but a little feedback on one or two questions you asked is necessary.

I personally do not know the man, but his records as a public servant are in the public domain. The said records do not lend Tinubu as a man fit to be trusted with our national cohesion, commonwealth, and nationhood.

Suffice it to say that I will not go into the finer details of your spin. I will say this much though, you are a Nigerian, and your interest ought to be Nigeria. As a young person, and today, neither Tinubu nor Atiku represents the Nigeria of our future.

This is as simple and civilized as I can bring it across. And regarding northerners remaining mute about Atiku's shenanigans in public service, that is their prerogative. They do not owe anyone us the duty to raise their voices but we must also not become like them.

But we must also remember that it is their conspiracy of silence that brought their region to the den of terrorism that it has become, and the victims, for the most part, are themselves.

3 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by teadrake(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2022
The rate of smearing of that Tinubu is unimaginable. Some people will even blame him for their inability to provide for their family.

Of course, if you're headed for greatness, people must talk about you.

3 Likes

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by teadrake(m): 11:42am On May 31, 2022
RepoMan007:
Really You must have know so much about him.

1 Like

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Chimaraymond455: 11:51am On May 31, 2022
What better leason are going to teach Igbos in 2023??

And you living better than an average Igbo man??

You Yoruba started this hate and tribalism in Nigeria,

What the igbos and rest of Nigerias are doing now is to return the hate to you.

during the civil war, and after the civil war you Yoruba planted a seed of hate across eastern region with your media propaganda against the igbos,

you Collab with the north to massacre the children,

but thank God for social media, which the igbos are now using to canter their lies against the igbos.

In 2015 buhari contested and won and sideline the igbos what did the Yorubas did??
they were all jubilating and mocking the igbo.

They all supported buhari injustice against the igbos,

1 Like

Re: What Really Is Tinubu’s Sin? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 31, 2022
If tinubu wins the primary then we will support Peter obi nothing for Atiku in PDP,APC should go beep themselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AHMED BOLA TINIBU CLEARED / Osinbajo Storms Kuje Prisons After Attack / IPOB And ESN Kills 20 People Line Up Their Dead Bodies VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.