Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case (27982 Views)

Bayelsa Assembly Approves N2.9bn Car Loan For Diri / Breaking: Court Orders Dokpesi To Enter Defence In Alleged N2.1bn Fraud / Alleged N2.2bn Fraud: Fayose’s Trial Begins Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by HonNL: 11:36am On May 31, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkNBTLQUrqs
The Federal High Court in Abuja has granted bail to a presidential aspirant and former governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha.

He was granted bail on Tuesday by Justice Inyang Ekwo in the sum of N500 million and a surety in like sum.

Justice Inyang Ekwo gave the order while ruling on the bail application filed by Okorocha who currently represents Imo West senatorial district in the National Assembly.

The former governor is being tried on a 17-count charge to the tune of N2.9 billion filed against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

He was accused of conspiring with others, including a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and five companies to steal from public coffers, although he has since denied any wrongdoing.

Arrested Before Screening
Okorocha was arraigned alongside his co-defendants on Monday by the antigraft agency before Justice Ekwo in the nation’s capital.

During their arraignment, the former governor, the second defendant – Nyerere Anyim, and the companies indicted all pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Thereafter, counsel to Okorocha, Mr Okey Amaechi, prayed the court to release his client on bail, pending the determination of the case against him.

He drew the attention of the court to the fact that his client was roughly arrested last Tuesday before the screening of the presidential aspirants of the All Progressives Congress (APC), stressing that his ambition was at risk should he remain in detention.

On its part, the EFCC, through its lawyer, Mr Gbolahan Latona, informed the court that Okorocha raised some issues in his bail application that would require its response.

Justice Ekwo had, thereafter, adjourned the matter until Tuesday to hear Okorocha’s bail application and ordered that he should remain in EFCC custody.

Free But Restricted
When proceedings resumed today (Tuesday), Justice Ekwo ordered that the surety to be produced by Okorocha must be a responsible citizen who has landed property in the like sum of the bail granted to the presidential aspirant.

The judge also directed Okorocha to deposit his international passport with the registry of the court and should not travel outside the jurisdiction of the court without the court’s permission.

Similarly, he ordered the court registry to inform the Nigeria Immigration Service that Okorocha’s international passport was in its custody.

Justice Ekwo, however, ordered that the former governor should remain in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) until his bail conditions were met.

In his response, counsel to Okorocha, Okey Amaechi, informed the court that his client was ready to meet the bail conditions.

For Anyim, the court ruled that he should continue to enjoy the administrative bail earlier granted to him.

SOURCE

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Hamzaaaaaaaa(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2022
Ok
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by rayvelez(m): 11:39am On May 31, 2022
The statue okorocha shall jump bail again and later cry on God.

4 Likes

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by yinkus6750(m): 11:46am On May 31, 2022
Thats how they keep running in circles.
With all the nine hours of drama, what has been achieved?
So unfortunate

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by powerfulguy: 11:58am On May 31, 2022
Did I hear "My President!"
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Maxymilliano(m): 12:02pm On May 31, 2022
So all the EFCC drama that resulted in teargassing residents and breaking into his private room in gestapo style ends this way with 500m as bail and sureties in like sum

This country can never be taken serious.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Tunechi5(m): 12:10pm On May 31, 2022
Bail 500m omo
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by KickJune11: 12:10pm On May 31, 2022
Wahah
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Maxikenna: 12:10pm On May 31, 2022
My dad was a close ally of Okorocha. My dad was a serving member of State house of Parliament during Okorocha's regimen. My dad once served as Okorocha's commissioner. My dad is the immediate past chairman Imo State Local GA Civil Service commission and chairman board of pensioners. I am an educated seasoned medical doctor. Take it from me. Don't believe whatever you see on News. I don't need to talk so much so I don't implicate my dad. The truth remains that news is not truth.
So many think that Federal might is fighting Okorocha. It is not true. The people that reported him to EFCC are some of those people he worked with during his administration, who have his secret and evidence based documents. He scammed so many people that worked for him and gave them fake promises. My dad is not among though. Okorocha announces something in public and does the opposite in secret. This is not hate. It is the true fact. Most of these money he looted my dad helped in covering his back with some false documents. I am not happy to say this. But this is just the simple truth bro. Well forgive me if I initially insulted you. It was out of anger. And for the pensioners, he never paid them.
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Designia: 12:11pm On May 31, 2022
100M for APC form = Friends Donation
500M for bail money = ?

These judges are also crooks.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by AsomArchitectNG(m): 12:11pm On May 31, 2022
As expected, this is Nigeria.

Meanwhile do you need a professional for your building project? contact us today at Asom Architects.. We're an expert design & construction team with solid experience in the built industry. We've been actively engaged in the construction of various projects ranging from residential and commercial building(s) such as private houses for clients , hospitals, schools, shopping malls etc.. Our services are topnotch as we adhere strictly to professional ethics..
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Babyfreshh(m): 12:11pm On May 31, 2022
see how the guy dey shine teeth..500mili bail??. Where all these money dey come from sef

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Nikkganc08(m): 12:11pm On May 31, 2022

Someone stole 2.9 billion naira.
The court grants him bail of 500million.

2.9billion - 500million = 2.4 BILLION NAIRA PROFIT.

The Fraudster went home with d 2.4billion naira profit.

The court simply got their own share of d loot (500million).

Let me explain something to u....

Assuming man earns 1million naira monthly, it will take such person 42 years to get that 500million.

How then do u expect him to pay d bail fee?

Anyways, little drops of water can someday, make an ocean.

Lemme keep on gathering small money through graphics design, video editing, sales of premium softwares like: grammarly, Quillbot , Canva pro, Turnitin, VPN , premium courses , etc.

God bless Nigeria

God bless our president

God help me

20 Likes

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by dynicks(m): 12:11pm On May 31, 2022
grin
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Asianjollof007: 12:12pm On May 31, 2022
Omo iyami, try get money for this life e get why.
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Armanipounds: 12:12pm On May 31, 2022
Useless thief!
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by gaby(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2022
Clowns
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by SpecialEdition: 12:12pm On May 31, 2022
I am shocked that northerners are not more than southerners: It's about 10 percent in difference.
But again there are lots of Igbos and Hausas in every state.
So it's hard to tell
The Northerners have more wards and more local governments. This means that if votes are counted by delegates they will always win but by masses,  not necessarily

I don't belive Northerners want to keep suffering simply for sentiments

NIGERIANS COME TOGETHER.
ZonesPopulation
North-West48,942,307 top - Kano 13M
North-East26,263,866 top- Bauchi 7M
North-Central29,252408 top- Benue 5M
Total 105Million

South-West38,257,260 top- Lagos 13M
South-South28,829,288 top- Rivers 7M
South-East21,955,414 top-Anambra 6M
Total 90Million

Grand Total 195Million

Most people think
Great God will come from the sky
Take away everything
And make everybody feel high
Stand up for your right.
Vote wise.
Vote Peter Obi or any credible candidate.

11 Likes

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Obyangel: 12:12pm On May 31, 2022
Owelle ndi Igbo, we know you are a smart thief but APC internal caucus wants to humiliate you to step down from the presidential primary election.

2 Likes

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by chatinent: 12:13pm On May 31, 2022
They only wanted a share of the stolen funds.
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by WhizdomXX(m): 12:13pm On May 31, 2022
Zazzoo bail, 500million naira. Hope he'll be able to participate in the apc presidential primaries. Thank God I've been unbanned.
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Kiliwuwu: 12:13pm On May 31, 2022
x
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by shigishege: 12:13pm On May 31, 2022
He is disqualified already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by EagleSquare1(m): 12:13pm On May 31, 2022
Let Rochas continue to exercise his fundamental rights. All we want is justice. Justice for all

HonNL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkNBTLQUrqs

SOURCE
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Mumusaphire: 12:14pm On May 31, 2022
Another long extention. Na natural death d case go die last last
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by IPIGMODS: 12:14pm On May 31, 2022
grin
Re: Court Grants Okorocha Bail In Alleged N2.9bn Fraud Case by Tb222(m): 12:14pm On May 31, 2022
That smile from okorocha alone is a guarantee from burahi that"even though your loot surpasses that of the AGF , just call on me and you shall be abundantly pardoned .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Name One Thing Nigeria Can Be Proud Of / Igbo Member In Lagos Assembly Protests Against Use Of Yoruba During Sitting. / PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.