Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,842 members, 7,831,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? (1037 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / What Do Fornicators Mean By One Thing Led To Another? / What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
NNTR:
2 Timothy 1:7
'For God did not give us a spirit of timidity or cowardice or fear,
but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline
[abilities that result in a calm, well-balanced mind and self-control].
'

1. What sort of love do you understand is being talked off there, in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a?

The first qualifying factor is who is the "us" who gets this blessing? ( For that is where I am speaking from and the difference between God Lovers and others)

For as the passage says, the Word I also captured, is the Gift of "Given Us".

Without God's Gift, misery and failure is what awaits all, even if they genuinely love.

People really do not know that Psalm 127:1/ John 15:51 is A Law.

The Lover loveth in vain if The Lord doth not Love with him.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by paxonel(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. There is nothing like sex b4 marriage, unless u mean sex b4 wedding. Every act of sex establishes marriage, whether dowry is paid or not. Any one u have sex with is automatically ur wife because sex involves blood and it is only what makes Two to become One, not ur wedding. Heaven sees it that way and soul tie and covenant established. So, u may have many wives but one u do tradition or church wedding. 1Cor6:16 And don't u realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the scripture says, the two are united into one.
absolutely correct!

Only that saying that sex imvoles blood isn't correct
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by paxonel(m): 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2022
newsbeam:
Then what is fornication?
fornication is something that has to do with sex with a relation.
For instance, sex with a Father's wife

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

This is the only scripture in the bible that the word fornication was clearly defined

1 Like

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2022
paxonel:
absolutely correct!
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 6:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
paxonel:
absolutely correct!

It's a conatative word used to emphasize oneness.

1 Like

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by NNTR: 3:26am On Jun 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
The first qualifying factor is who is the "us" who gets this blessing? ( For that is where I am speaking from and the difference between God Lovers and others)

For as the passage says, the Word I also captured, is the Gift of "Given Us".

Without God's Gift, misery and failure is what awaits all, even if they genuinely love.

People really do not know that Psalm 127:1/ John 15:51 is A Law.

The Lover loveth in vain if The Lord doth not Love with him.
but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline
'

1. What sort of love, do you understand is being talked off, there, in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a?
2. Is 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a talking of agape love or it is talking of eros love, just to mention one sort of love, thats, at variance with agape love?
3. If people, according to 2 Timothy 1:7, really and truly had received the spirit of love given by God, is it possible then for such thereafter, to defile the marriage bed?

I am giving you another chance to actually answer the above easy, simple, direct and straightforward three questions

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:43am On Jun 02, 2022
NNTR:

1. What sort of love, do you understand [b]is being talked off, there...

I have explained that my opposition is not bases on "Love" but on the persons attempting to love.

Psalm 127:1/ John 15:51 is A Law.
"The Lover loveth in vain if The Lord doth not Love with him".
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by NNTR: 7:22am On Jun 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
I have explained that my opposition is not bases on "Love" but on the persons attempting to love.

Psalm 127:1/ John 15:51 is A Law.
"The Lover loveth in vain if The Lord doth not Love with him".
'

1. What sort of love, do you understand is being talked off, there, in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a?
2. Is 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a talking of agape love or it is talking of eros love, just to mention one sort of love, thats, at variance with agape love?
3. If people, according to 2 Timothy 1:7, really and truly had received the spirit of love given by God, is it possible then for such thereafter, to defile the marriage bed?

I have no qualms about whatever opposition you have about anything not being based on love but based on the persons attempting to love. I can see that clearly, which is why I asked the questions, you seem intimated by and so ducking and diving from answering

Now what I honestly, sincerely and humbly expect from you is just to actually answer the above easy, simple, direct and straightforward three questions. Are you going give your answers to them or you still are not going to?

I am sure you are aware of John 3:16. Juxtapose Psalm 127:1 with John 3:16.
Is there a new bible printed with John 15:51?

1 Like

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:44am On Jun 02, 2022
NNTR:
'

I have no qualms about whatever opposition you have about anything not being based on love but based on the persons attempting to love. I can see that clearly, which is why I asked the questions, you seem intimated by and so ducking and diving from answering

Now what I honestly, sincerely and humbly expect from you is just to actually answer the above easy, simple, direct and straightforward three questions. Are you?

I am sure you are aware of John 3:16. Juxtapose Psalm 127:1 with John 3:16.
Is there a new bible printed with John 15:51?..

In other words, these are your own interests and not mine.

And I am sorry I would not be answering them as you would expect for my answers are based on the what we see in this world.

No.3. If people, according to 2 Timothy 1:7, really and truly had received the spirit of love given by God, is it possible then for such thereafter, to defile the marriage bed?[/quote]

We see that when people have the Spirit of love, they do not cheat nor defile the marriage nor do any wicked thing AT THAT TIME.

But after Spirit departed, their usual evil returned. We all saw this.

And as you can see, there is no need to answer nos 1 and 2. because the real living which is the issue of this thread is in no 3.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by LordReed(m): 8:57am On Jun 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
because sex involves blood

LoLz. Go and ask for your school fees back from wherever you learnt this fake biology from.

1 Like

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by NNTR: 9:21am On Jun 02, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
In other words, these are your own interests and not mine.
Everything you've written and would write are of interest to me, in addition to you giving your response to the three unterrifying questions

Dtruthspeaker:
And I am sorry I would not be answering them as you would expect for my answers are based on the what we see in this world.
What we use see in the bible and how we see in the bible is the expectation, not what we, you or anyone else for the matter see in this world

Dtruthspeaker:
No.3. If people, according to 2 Timothy 1:7, really and truly had received the spirit of love given by God, is it possible then for such thereafter, to defile the marriage bed?
So you warming up to the point that having a spirit of power and of love and of sound judgment and personal discipline including having the abilities that results in a calm, well-balanced mind, self restraint and self-control mind and character, means the chance of defiling the marriage bed is extremely slim

Dtruthspeaker:
We see that when people have the Spirit of love, they do not cheat nor defile the marriage nor do any wicked thing AT THAT TIME.

Dtruthspeaker:
But after Spirit departed, their usual evil returned.
No but please. The Spirit has been known to leave or depart from people in the Old Covenant dispensation, but the Holy Spirit, in the New Covenant dispensation, came here to stay, not leave.

The thing about the Holy Spirit is, you either have it or you don't, and if you have the Holy Spirit, you have it all the time.

Dtruthspeaker:
We all saw this.
We all see and know that, you don't just stop loving someone, enough to hurt them, cheat on them, give them grief, betray them et cetera. Its a matter of, you either always will love them enough such not to hurt them, cheat on them, give them grief, betray them et cetera, or you really never did in the first place love the person.

Dtruthspeaker:
And as you can see, there is no need to answer nos 1 and 2. because the real living which is the issue of this thread is in no 3.
There's absolute good reasons to know what type or sort of love was the author of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a talking of because knowing what sort of love it is, blows wide open the comprehension why some married men philander, some rape, fornicate, commit adultery or even indulge in bestiality

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 9:27am On Jun 02, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. Go and ask for your school fees back from wherever you learnt this fake biology from.
This has nothing to do with biology. This is a Spiritual thing.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by LordReed(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
This has nothing to do with biology. This is a Spiritual thing.

Sexual reproduction does not involve blood so whoever told you blood is involved is either ignorant or making a fool of you.

1 Like

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 9:46am On Jun 02, 2022
LordReed:

Sexual reproduction does not involve blood so whoever told you blood is involved is either ignorant or making a fool of you.
Did u read where i mentioned "Connotative word"? Stop analyzing Spiritual things Carnally.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by LordReed(m): 10:46am On Jun 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Did u read where i mentioned "Connotative word"? Stop analyzing Spiritual things Carnally.

LoLz. You use blood a physical substance as a connotation for your so called spiritual things and yet are accusing me of misinterpretation. Can you not see how it is all your doing?

1 Like

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 11:06am On Jun 02, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz. You use blood a physical substance as a connotation for your so called spiritual things and yet are accusing me of misinterpretation. Can you not see how it is all your doing?
Alright, u win.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by chidifrank(m): 3:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. There is nothing like sex b4 marriage, unless u mean sex b4 wedding. Every act of sex establishes marriage, whether dowry is paid or not. Any one u have sex with is automatically ur wife because sex involves blood and it is only what makes Two to become One, not ur wedding. Heaven sees it that way and soul tie and covenant established. So, u may have many wives but one u do tradition or church wedding. 1Cor6:16 And don't u realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her? For the scripture says, the two are united into one.
1Cor6:16 says it all.. spirit dont marry. sex has nothing to do with ones spirit. sex is of the flesh(body) and thats it.. stop all those stupid and deceitful ideas.. when two flesh have sex, thats just for the body pleasures just like eating. Jesus Christ said Matthew 22:30 that marriage is for this earth not in spirit.. Spirit dont marry. all those spiritual husband and wife and bullshits... when you fornicate you disobey God and thats what devil does too disobeying God. if you want sex, marry.. sex was created for marriage in this earth with our bodies alone... stop attaching spiritual meanings to it.1Cor6:18 flee fornication. every sin that a man does is without the body(every other sin is not physical meaning its spiritual) but only fornication is sin against the body which is physical...

1 Like

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2022
chidifrank:

1Cor6:16 says it all.. spirit dont marry. sex has nothing to do with ones spirit. sex is of the flesh(body) and thats it.. stop all those stupid and deceitful ideas.. when two flesh have sex, thats just for the body pleasures just like eating. Jesus Christ said Matthew 22:30 that marriage is for this earth not in spirit.. Spirit dont marry. all those spiritual husband and wife and bullshits... when you fornicate you disobey God and thats what devil does too disobeying God. if you want sex, marry.. sex was created for marriage in this earth with our bodies alone... stop attaching spiritual meanings to it.1Cor6:18 flee fornication. every sin that a man does is without the body(every other sin is not physical meaning its spiritual) but only fornication is sin against the body which is physical...
U are mixing up things. I do not mean that spirits do marry. Now, explain what the Bible Passage 1cor6:16 means.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by NNTR: 10:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Truvelisback:
Genesis 2:24
'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
(i.e. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.)
'

There isnt anything called soul tying or soul ties in the bible, what you'll find, the bible says about when two opposite sexes unite or come together, is that, they become one flesh, period (i.e. nothing about souls tying or uniting)

chidifrank:
Spot on. The spirit, as just as the soul is, is genderless. In the same way, celestial beings too are genderless and so unable to have sex

Truvelisback:
U are mixing up things. I do not mean that spirits do marry. Now, explain what the Bible Passage 1cor6:16 means.
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
'12You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you.
And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.
13You say, “Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.”
(This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.)
But you can’t say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality.
They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies.
14And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead.
15Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ?
Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never!
16And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her?
For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.”

17But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
18Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does.
For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
19Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God?
You do not belong to yourself,
20for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
'

When it comes to bible hermeneutic, couple of few rules of thumb to have knowledge or awareness of are:
1. Do not read bible verses in isolation, as if you dont read the verses, in context, then you're reading with pretext (i.e. smokescreen)
2. Get to try and understand the historical background of specific word(s) mentioned in the passage (e.g. in this case, that word prostitute, why particularly, is it used within 1 Corinthians 6:12-20)

Now to grant your request to explain what the bible verse 1 Corinthians 6:16 means, well, as seen from Genesis 2:24 above, when joining/joined with another, one is, forming an unholy alliance, which in this case, its with temple prostitute(s), and so getting united with the god(s) whom the temple prostitute(s) represents, serves and worships.

2 Corinthians 6:14, captures how deadly serious this is, when it asks: 'what fellowship has light with darkness?'

Your state of being united (i.e. mentioned in 1 Corinthians 6:17) ought to be with everything that has to do and be with God, and not be united with a person (e.g. a temple prostitute) that is affiliated or connected with idolatry, paganism, occultism et cetera

Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
So when you early suggested there was a soultie associated with sex, you weren't insisting some sort of spiritual angle to two bodies bumping? undecided
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:01am On Jun 03, 2022
NNTR:

No but please. The Spirit has been known to leave or depart from people in the Old Covenant dispensation, but the Holy Spirit, in the New Covenant dispensation, came here to stay, not leave.

And yet we see it depart and marriages are even easily broken these days, and people are greatly struggling to hold on to theirs, yet you claim "New Covenant"!

Well, am thank ful that I am not among their numbers.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 7:25am On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So when you early suggested there was a soultie associated with sex, you weren't insisting some sort of spiritual angle to two bodies bumping? undecided
Sex can bring soul tie. That's why some ladies or some guys find it difficult to leave or forget their exes.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 7:28am On Jun 03, 2022
NNTR:
Genesis 2:24
'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
(i.e. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.)
'

There isnt anything called soul tying or soul ties in the bible, what you'll find, the bible says about when two opposite sexes unite or come together, is that, they become one flesh, period (i.e. nothing about souls tying or uniting)

Spot on. The spirit, as just as the soul is, is genderless. In the same way, celestial beings too are genderless and so unable to have sex

1 Corinthians 6:12-20
'12You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you.
And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.
13You say, “Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.”
(This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.)
But you can’t say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality.
They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies.
14And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead.
15Don’t you realize that your bodies are actually parts of Christ?
Should a man take his body, which is part of Christ, and join it to a prostitute? Never!
16And don’t you realize that if a man joins himself to a prostitute, he becomes one body with her?
For the Scriptures say, “The two are united into one.”

17But the person who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with him.
18Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does.
For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
19Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God?
You do not belong to yourself,
20for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.
'

When it comes to bible hermeneutic, couple of few rules of thumb to have knowledge or awareness of are:
1. Do not read bible verses in isolation, as if you dont read the verses, in context, then you're reading with pretext (i.e. smokescreen)
2. Get to try and understand the historical background of specific word(s) mentioned in the passage (e.g. in this case, that word prostitute, why particularly, is it used within 1 Corinthians 6:12-20)

Now to grant your request to explain what the bible verse 1 Corinthians 6:16 means, well, as seen from Genesis 2:24 above, when joining/joined with another, one is, forming an unholy alliance, which in this case, its with temple prostitute(s), and so getting united with the god(s) whom the temple prostitute(s) represents, serves and worships.

2 Corinthians 6:14, captures how deadly serious this is, when it asks: 'what fellowship has light with darkness?'

Your state of being united (i.e. mentioned in 1 Corinthians 6:17) ought to be with everything that has to do and be with God, and not be united with a person (e.g. a temple prostitute) that is affiliated or connected with idolatry, paganism, occultism et cetera

In sex, the spirit, soul and body are involved.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
Sex can bring soul tie. That's why some ladies or some guys find it difficult to leave or forget their exes.
Again, what you describe has to do with their mind and not their soul. Basically, if you were to put some of those same girls ladies and guys on medication to alter the level of brain chemicals in their physical, they would forget those same exes without even realizing what has happened. That kind of love has to do with chemicals in the brain. It is what causes infatuations, and depending on the mental health of the person involved can last as long as a lifetime or merely seconds.. undecided
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again, what you describe has to do with their mind and not their soul. Basically, if you were to put some of those same girls ladies and guys on medication to alter the level of brain chemicals in their physical, they would forget those same exes without even realizing what has happened. That kind of love has to do with chemicals in the brain. It is what causes infatuations, and depending on the mental health of the person involved can last as long as a lifetime or merely seconds.. undecided
What's the difference btw the mind and the soul?
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
What's the difference btw the mind and the soul?
TONS! For one, the mind is comprised of so many different settings which can be influenced by the senses, neurochemicals etc. Whereas your soul is the core of who you are, not easily changed by your environment and body temperature. undecided
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
TONS! For one, the mind is comprised of so many different settings which can be influenced by the senses, neurochemicals etc. Whereas your soul is the core of who you are, not easily changed by your environment and body temperature. undecided
Lol. U are just blowing unnecessary grammar. What do u mean by so many different settings? What do u mean by saying the soul is the core of who u are?
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 2:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
Lol. U are just blowing unnecessary grammar. What do u mean by so many different settings? What do u mean by saying the soul is the core of who u are?
Be specific! What grammar? undecided

Your mind is that part of you that is influenced by changes in brain chemical ratio, environment, temperature etc - different settings. Whereas your soul is that aspect of you, that core, that retains its constitution beyond all of those externals. undecided
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Be specific! What grammar? undecided

Your mind is that part of you that is influenced by changes in brain chemical ratio, environment, temperature etc - different settings. Whereas your soul is that aspect of you, that core, that retains its constitution beyond all of those externals. undecided
U are a Carnal man.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
U are a Carnal man.
So I am carnal because I am obviously wiser than you are in even this? undecided

Don't worry... I understand your kind.. undecided
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Truvelisback(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So I am carnal because I am obviously wiser than you are in even this? undecided

Don't worry... I understand your kind.. undecided
U always make spiritual things seems ordinary.
Re: What Do U Mean By Sex B4 Marriage? by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2022
Truvelisback:
U always make spiritual things seems ordinary.
Um....probably because all of that which you assume to be spiritual aren't to begin with? lipsrsealed

That which is psychological, what you lot regularly confuse with the spiritual, is in fact ordinary since it applies to every living being on the planet. So, ofcourse it should be appropriately labeled as such. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Low Christianity Has Fallen / Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US / Cluster Here Let's Discuss About Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.