Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent (87867 Views)

Why Buhari’s Preferred Candidate Has Not Been Unveiled / 2023: President Buhari ‘preferred Candidate’ For APC Revealed / APC Ticket: Osinbajo Is Buhari’s Preferred Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Codes151(m): 7:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

Who then is more efficient than Osinbajo? I don't see anyone in the APC and PDP more efficient than he is. If you know one, let me know.
there are others.

Osinbajo will not do anything differently oga.

We need new hands!
I'd choose wike or Bello or anyone over Osinbajo
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by GeneralDae: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2022
Codes151:
there are others.

Osinbajo will not do anything differently oga.

We need new hands!
I'd choose wike or Bello or anyone over Osinbajo
Bello? Wike? lmao. If you had even said Kingsley Moghalu, I would have taken you seriously.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by murmee: 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
Jman06:
Osinbajo is Nigeria's next president
GBAM GBAM GBAM!
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Abassmt: 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
hisexcellency34:

https://independent.ng/apc-ticket-osinbajo-is-buharis-preferred-candidate/
I said it last week that Buhari has decided and nobody can change his mind. Power must come to south.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Abassmt: 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2022
Xbobtage:
Realistically speaking, neither Tinubu nor Osibanjo can defeat atiku in the presidential election. The reason being that Peter Obi is still running the race in a third party. Peter Obi will siphon most of the votes in the SE/SS annnnnd, alot of progressive yorubas will also vote for him, when you consider that osibanjo has been part of this government that has decimated nigeria. If we are projecting that Atiku will win atleast 65 percent of the votes in the north, then the only southern candidate who can win him must be one who can drain igbo votes. Yes igbos usually vote less in election times, but the igbo vote is looking like what will be the swing vote this election if the apc picks a yoruba candidate.

All Atiku has to do now pick another igboic VP and its game over, which ever way you look at it.

An alternative for APC might be that they pick Amaechi, who then picks a very strong northerner like El rufai or Prof from Bornu. Amaechi might be able to drain igbo votes from Obi, with a huge support from the SS and maybe 15% support from SW.

Point here is, now that Atiku is the PDP flag bearer, and obi is still running, If APC wants to win the presidency they will be making a risky move picking a Yoruba candidate.

No candidate can defeat anybody that have the support of Tinubu and Buhari unless Mr Tinubu work against the party.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by murmee: 8:34pm On Jun 01, 2022
dochenaj:
Your last line was one of my thoughts.

I figured, there could only be 3 reasons why Osibanjo is contesting.

1. Tinubu asked him to contest so he can step down for Tinubu at the last minute thus increasing the relevance of Tinubu. (Do you know the reputation you build from having a VP step down for you?)

2. Buhari asked him to contest because he plans to hand over to him.

3. He has grown some balls and wants to challenge Tinubu's hold and power.

I feel number 1 is the most probable reason followed by number 2.

But in a few days time, we will know.
Every sensible person, home and abroad knows that the answer is No. 2.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by dochenaj: 9:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
murmee:
Every sensible person, home and abroad knows that the answer is No. 2.
We will see.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Abassmt: 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

I watched the debate obi fans were just overhyping. Osinbajo was realistic at the debate
Don't mind this people the same debate I watch.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Abassmt: 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
tollyboy5:

My candidate is pyo . The vote from Southwest will be massive for pyo because southwest has one of the highest collected voters card. Middle Belt state like kwara, kogi and Niger state will like vote inline with southwest.
Buhari endorsement will go a long way in the north most especially his home town Katsina and also Kaduna.
A nothern VP will be choosed and if it is El rufai case closed.
Kwakwanso and atiku can devide the rest vote while SE and SS vote obi and Atiku
What if I tell you that Osinbajo if presented by Apc win win in south south I'm in PH and I know what I'm saying this people are different from South East people that hate everybody.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Abassmt: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2022
Electrochemistry:
If Osibanjo emerges as APC flag bearer,
Peter Obi as LP flag bearer and
Atiku as PDP flag bearer.

Then the tussle assumes a WAZOBIA dimension where Atiku wins majority of the North as the North will like to retain power irrespective of party affiliation.

Peter Obi will win most of the South South and South East and the support of smart and sophisticated Nigerians from other regions.

Osibanjo will get most of his votes from the South West. His endorsement by Buhari will not earn him votes from the North since northerners will be rooting for Atiku.

Osibanjo endorsement by Buhari is a trick to weaken the South thereby retaining power in the North through Atiku.

If the SW, SS, or SE is fooled into being a running mate to Atiku, It's game over. Atiku wins
Most if you on this forum don't even know how to permutate anything election in Nigeria. I don't want to east my time until after the primary, but what I know is that if Osinbajo emerge is game over for PDP this Buhari to me is a wise man when it come to this game.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Vicdgreat556(m): 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2022
lereinter:

Osinbajo has turn to be a miyetti Allah lolzzzzz

Everyone knows buhari is looking for a mumu that will continue to protect and standby his fulanisation and islamisation agenda

Someone that will be granting pardon to killer Fulani herdsmen, bandits and bokoharam

Someone that will not destroy the tribal and religious nepotic system which favour a tribe he has arranged in the federal security and justice unit of nigeria

Who will that be?

Easily his anointed candidate should be pantami but except there's a coup

Pantami can not win an election in present day nigeria as president

buhari is in dilemma!

malu is in dilemma!

Just 3 likes, because sense nor dey
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by GeneralDae: 9:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
Abassmt:
Most if you on this forum don't even know how to permutate anything election in Nigeria. I don't want to east my time until after the primary, but what I know is that if Osinbajo emerge is game over for PDP this Buhari to me is a wise man when it come to this game.
Many people here don't even know anything about politics. Atiku cannot defeat Osinbajo.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Codes151(m): 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
GeneralDae:

Bello? Wike? lmao. If you had even said Kingsley Moghalu, I would have taken you seriously.
well, Kingsley them na just sweet talk
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by GeneralDae: 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2022
Codes151:
well, Kingsley them na just sweet talk
But the names you put forth (Bello, Wike) nor be am nah. State why you think Wike or Bello are better?
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by jimcaddy(m): 2:04am On Jun 02, 2022
This 2023 election is going to be very interesting.
Re: Osinbajo Is Buhari's Preferred Candidate Ahead Of APC Primary - Independent by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 02, 2022
Buhari has turned down his lobby group's request for Anointing. This is bullshit! They're trying to force it but baba will refer them to the delegates like he did try to Jonathan.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

After What I Saw Today, Peter Obi Should Not Border To Campaign In Edo - Obinyan / Kogi Governorship Election 2019 Results From Polling Units By Daily Post / Dino Melaye Now Doing Calculation Spending (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.