Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns (69320 Views)

Americans Have Fundamental Right To Carry Firearms In Public - US Supreme Court / US Election: Police Find Vehicle With Guns As Men Plan To Attack Election Centre / Over 30 Millions Americans Have Voted As Early Voting Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by Hassanmaye(m): 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2022
musicwriter:
Because western culture was created through wars!! There's no other reason white people rule the world today other than they're wholly warrior culture. It's a pity that most of you think they rule because they're smarter.

These people fought for 1,000 years straight non-stop!! And that's how they learned to conquer more civilized innocent people around the world.

If anybody needs more information, see why Europeans Were Able to Conquer Africa And the Rest of the World

If you want to learn how they used those guns against our African ancestors right here in Africa, see European crimes caught on camera during colonization of Africa
Wow where do you get that knowledge? I will read it
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by musicwriter(m): 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hassanmaye:

Wow where do you get that knowledge? I will read it

You'll find the sources in the article itself.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by sunboy(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
juman:
America is a country with very stupid politicians.

This is actually coming from my fellow Nigerian… funniest thing I read today.
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by sunboy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
SarkinYarki:
The ultimate homeland security

This is the main reason.

The gun itself is never the problem it is the gun laws and gun education that’s the problem.

Switzerland have a crazy gun culture too, their kids start handling big riffles at age 5-6, yet there’s no crazy shooting out there. So it’s the gun education that’s the problem, and the laws around process of who gets it, or pass it around.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by fm4real2k6(m): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2022
This is scary mehn!

Please, Biko, for relocation purposes, which countries are safer, Australia or Canada or New Zealand.

I planned buying a small house, set up a small shop (for my wife) and also continue my Affiliate marketing job.

I will need advice now.

This America no be am at al...
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by FoolishBoy419: 3:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
Bonesbreaker:
an americans will not be brutal the funny thing is America will never allow the war to fought in there country no rather the take it to your own country

No one will enter another country in a war between US and Russia. It's only about exchanging missiles until one country is totally annihilated.
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by FoolishBoy419: 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
Etinosa1234:

Lmaoo... So after all this talks, won't they still put troops on ground??

Its like u don't fully understand guerilla war

Not necessarily. By the time the war is over and assuming Russia wins, they won't even have the resources to enter USA.
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by FoolishBoy419: 3:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

Mumu, Russia is still fighting ordinary Ukraine,
De war don even tire dem already, but hardly will de leav,
Russia hav already opened der Nyash 2 de world,
I bet u, small countries go de challenge dem anyhow

This is one problem I have with Nairaland. Someone made a civil comment and I replied in a civil manner, but a bastard from a family of monkeys still had to bring insults into it.

You dumb useless son of a prostitute, the war between Russia and Ukraine cannot be used as a yardstick because both countries are pulling punches. In a total war, Ukraine wouldn't even last a month. There's a reason even the USA that you worship was not able to beat Vietnam and North Korea in wars. They had the capacity to completely destroy these countries but they had to keep things toned down.

You should go and get yourself educated if your meth-impaired brain can handle it before you come to nairaland to show how your useless parents failed to train you properly.

1 Like

Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by nams77: 4:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
Dalil8:

Russia has just as many guns as the U.S. Can you count the numbers of AK's worldwide? I bet not.

Think about the armies, militia groups, terrorist groups and criminals worldwide in possession of the AK. Then you might begin to wonder about the ones already in Russia's possession .

More than 100 countries have AK's as their standard issued army rifle.
Not held by every tom, dick and Harry. In Russia the gun is held by the state mostly, in America, the citizens have dozens of assault rifles.

Anyone planning on invading the U.S should always remember that
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by sleeksamurai(f): 7:53pm On Jun 02, 2022
You think say if I get chance I no go get as much?
Nigeria that does not have fascination with guns, aren’t we still worse?

SecretAgent7706:
More

1 Like

Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by Nnamaka1: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2022
The Disturbing fascination Nigerians have with getting rich quick quick
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by aidameoryou: 4:21am On Jun 03, 2022
okoroemeka:
but there are certain freedoms that have outlived it's usefulness,the 2nd amendment was in response to British attack on the colonies and the need for them to defend themselves with their own army and militia in the war of Independence,fast forward to present day realities,the unlimited ownership of guns by Americans is very dangerous and unnecessary,just the number of guns in these pictures above can start a rebel group that can overthrow a government in West africa

Was going through an old thread on how people lost money via investments and was very livid as to how you lost 1m USD to a bad deal.

I really hope you have bounced back nwanne.
Jisie ike, o wu some of the things anyi na ahu na uzo ije iwa.

Ya gaziere GI nwannem
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by rottennaija(m): 5:40am On Jun 03, 2022
God1000:
This is an aberration, US needs serious gun control, I will continue saying it.

I'm glad that president biden is leading the efforts

Which effort?
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2022
FoolishBoy419:

This is one problem I have with Nairaland. Someone made a civil comment and I replied in a civil manner, but a bastard from a family of monkeys still had to bring insults into it.

You dumb useless son of a prostitute, the war between Russia and Ukraine cannot be used as a yardstick because both countries are pulling punches. In a total war, Ukraine wouldn't even last a month. There's a reason even the USA that you worship was not able to beat Vietnam and North Korea in wars. They had the capacity to completely destroy these countries but they had to keep things toned down.

You should go and get yourself educated if your meth-impaired brain can handle it before you come to nairaland to show how your useless parents failed to train you properly.
Fool, Russia invasion into Ukraine is very open,
De just went 2 take over de whole country within weeks, which de Ukraine made impossible,
All dis countries US went into dat u said previously, US didn't annonce a full blown war, de ar just der 2 Organize somethings, US is nt after de whole country lik Russia did,
Many people where still living peaceful in dos countries dat US entered,
US didn't enter lik Russia did, or 2 Surrender de whole country nd kill der president lik Russia,
Russia own shows de want 2 turn de whole Ukraine 2 Ashes which will nt be tolerated
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by FoolishBoy419: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

Fool, Russia invasion into Ukraine is very open,
De just went 2 take over de whole country within weeks, which de Ukraine made impossible,
All dis countries US went into dat u said previously, US didn't annonce a full blown war, de ar just der 2 Organize somethings, US is nt after de whole country lik Russia did,
Many people where still living peaceful in dos countries dat US entered,
US didn't enter lik Russia did, or 2 Surrender de whole country nd kill der president lik Russia,
Russia own shows de want 2 turn de whole Ukraine 2 Ashes which will nt be tolerated

Your post just confirmed that you don't even know what's happening in Ukraine. Russia never announced a full blown war with Ukraine. Maybe you should go and read before coming online to post rubbish. Putin said they were coming after the Azov battalion responsible for the genocide in Eastern Ukraine and true to their words, most of the fighting has been in Eastern Ukraine. That's why they called it a "special military operation". There's absolutely no violence in Western Ukraine.

In addition to not knowing anything about Russia, you also know nothing about history. USA wanted to eliminate the communist leadership of Vietnam and in order to achieve that, they bombed over 1.5 MILLION noncombatants in Vietnam.

In Iraq, they killed almost 500,000 nonconbatants and captured their president, so what nonsense are you saying?

USA that can't even invade a country without dragging 20 allies along. I can't even imagine what would have happened if Iraq had gotten the kind of support that Ukraine is currently getting. Idiot.
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by omis1(m): 4:19pm On Jun 03, 2022
sotall:

grin grin grin

LWTMB!

Thats a fact from you.
Most of these owners have more ammunition than an average Nigerian police station
Have seen videoes of American citizens with armored tanks ,Rick rose has one armored personnel carrier
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by omis1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
shantti:

Nuclear weapon can do the trick. Just detonate 200 nukes let's see how they will survive
am sure american don’t have nukes or they would be sending flower to country that Nukes them?
Re: Pictures: The Disturbing Fascination Americans Have With Guns by emmyileri(m): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2022
No country can invade the US unless that country is ready to go to the extinction

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Esther Agbaje Wins Minnesota - US State Assembly Seat (Photo) / Hundreds Line Up In LasVegas To Buy Marijuana After Legalization(Photos) / Putin's Daughter Wanted To Japa But Her Father Refused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.