Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,678 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths (253 Views)

2023: Christian Votes Not Enough To Win Presidential Election – Cleric / Tinubu Needs Rivers Votes, Not Logistics Support, Umahi Woos Wike / 2023 Votes: What Atiku, Obi, Tinubu, Kwankwaso Would Get In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by Tissaia(f): 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
2023: Votes, not social media determine winners — INEC cautions southern Nigeria youths
June 1, 2022
. INEC Mega Party to be unveiled in Abuja April 4 —Third Force
…laments 20 million unclaimed PVCs in vault

By Luminous Jannamike, Abuja

As Nigerians prepare for the upcoming 2023 elections, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has expressed worry over the 20 million permanent voters’ cards still lying unclaimed in its vault.

It also decried the poor participation of citizens in the ongoing continuous voters’ registration exercise.

INEC’s Deputy Director, Voter Education, Mrs Mary Nkem, stated this at the launch of the PVC Bus Drive project, organised by a non-governmental organisation, the Advocacy for Civic Engagement, in Abuja on Wednesday.

She, therefore, urged Nigerians, especially the youth demography to be actively involved in the process of electing new leaders that will effect true change and move the country forward.

According to INEC, votes not social media will determine the winners of the 2023 general elections.

The Commission said, “This CVR exercise began on the 30th of June, 2021, but we have discovered that between that time and a few weeks ago, the turnout has been relatively low.

“If the youths in this country would come out en masse to cast their votes, we will no longer be recording 15 or 20 percent voter turnout in our elections, because we know that the population of the youths alone can make a difference.

“The youths no longer visit the social media, they basically live there today. Therefore, when you want to reach out to them, you must go to where you will meet them – social media.

“However, I will like to say that INEC does not conduct an election on social media neither do we count ballots on Twitter or Instagram.

“Our ballots are counted in the ballot box. It is only the ballot paper that enters into the ballot box that the Commission counts.

“So, what does that mean? It means that on election day people must go out to cast their votes. For you to be able to do so, you must be a registered voter and in possession of a PVC.”

In his remarks, the Executive Director, Advocacy for Civic Engagement, Barr. Obinna Osisiogu, said that PVC Bus Drive Project will support at least 60 percent of eligible young voters to register, collect their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) and vote in the 2023 elections.

According to him, the project was initiated to eliminate the logistical barriers hindering some Nigerians, particularly those residing in rural areas from participating in the ongoing continuous voters’ registration exercise and collecting their PVCs thereafter.

He explained that ACE working in collaboration with Yiaga Africa and the UNDP will provide free bus service in two area councils in the FCT, as well as across the LGAs in Ondo and Ogun states to enable the people to aaccessingthe INEC office nearest to them as part of the traditional and non-traditional means of political mobilisation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/06/2023-votes-not-social-media-determine-winners-inec-cautions-youths/
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by God1000(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2022
We know that, I have my PVC
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by Malory: 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2022
INEC is hell bent on rigging the election in favor of APC
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by WibusJaga: 5:42pm On Jun 01, 2022
Noted.
I filled out my details in INEC website & scheduled appointment in their office to capture my biometrics. Disappointed to still spend over 2hrs completing the registration in INEC office.
I have previously captured my biometrics on various platforms; Driving Licence, NIN, BVN...
Wonder why they can not harmonise these biometrics & make the registration to be fully completed online.
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by Sergio101(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
Wahalleux
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by StrongandMighty: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nice one..

Southern youths go get your pvc very important!
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by olasaad(f): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2022
Leave them now cool shebi their phone is their polling units cool.

And I am very sure Peter Obi of Labour Party will win in that polling unit

Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 01, 2022
The youths are aware, that is why the drive for PVC is most pronounced for 2023.. and you know what, that drive is majorly for a candidate...

Vote right, vote Labour, vote Peter Obi....
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by Kingspin(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2022
Rigging does better
Popularity does not guaranteed victory.

Only real vote does.
INEC announce results from polling units.
Re: 2023: Votes, Not Social Media Determine Winners — INEC Cautions Southern Youths by 360degreess(m): 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Accountant General Walking With Sticks And Later Walking Normally. / Thread For Tinubu Urchins And Team Southern Presidency / What Will Atiku Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.