Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off (32146 Views)

2023: Ohanaeze Sets Up Action Committee To Achieve Presidency For South-East / Twitter Ban Takes Effect 12 Midnight / "I’ll Step Up Action Against Drug Traffickers" – President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Viraltrends123: 8:19am On Jun 02, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Keep quiet uncle, out of 100 Hausa and Fulani rate 45 to 50 percent so what do u mean by u were talking about majority of them. Our people don't make troubles those Fulanis and Hausa are the one turning into terrorists all in the name of okada business. They were the one who killed and burned that young engineer that was even the main reason for the ban. And am happy they banned it. If they want to form terrorists they should go back to their poor godforsaken state and do that, Lagos no be their mate.
So, hausas and fulanis are now the hooligans and agberos, you said 45-50% and you still claimed they are all Hausas,more than 80% are yorubas. See I don't have time for argument.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Viraltrends123: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2022
miketayo:

What are u talking about? More than 90% of okada riders are Fulanis or Hausas. i doubt u stay in Lagos
LOL, you are right,infact they are 100%
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Caleycashh: 8:21am On Jun 02, 2022
streetsoldier1:

You are the one that need to wise up. The damage and security threat posed by these riders outweigh the benefits. Its not a must everybody stay im Lagos. If you know whatsup u will be aware that close to 60% of these riders are not even nigerians. They just bump in from nowhere. Moreso if you've been following trends, govt has put many alternatives on place
My point is that it should be done in a proper way!... there are still law abiding citizens managing there lives with biking for a daily bread, some with family... a country where things works just don't displace people off a job without offering a solution, it will make the matter worst in due time, give it a few months and see crime rate increase in lagos, BTW aliens riding bike is still the pointing to the failed country!, what's the job of the immigration and customs, this country is useless and needs total overhaul!!!
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by tamdun: 8:27am On Jun 02, 2022
Viraltrends123:
How many Fulani or Hausa rides okada in Lagos. The government don't want to have problems with indigenes that's why they said they are interested in foreigners, we all know fulanis and hausas don't do agbero or okada business.
It's obvious, u don't know Lagos, 90% of okada riders are northerners, come to Lagos and see
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:27am On Jun 02, 2022
Fasindo:
shocked

Good ridane

By the way by next week they are going to flood Abuja and it's environ.
Abuja is not safe, the insecurity will increase when the okada men in Lagos come over to Abuja to continue their business since it has been banned in Lagos.

If you are in Kubwa (especially pipeline), Mpape, Nyanya, Ado, New Nyanya, Masaka, Mararaba, Jigwoyi, Karimo etc please blaze up. We have not finish dealing with the menace of the okadas and iron condemn people and now their brothers are coming over from Lagos to join them.
Abuja too will soon clamp down on them,that I'm sure of.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:30am On Jun 02, 2022
tamdun:

It's obvious, u don't know Lagos, 90% of okada riders are northerners, come to Lagos and see
I don't know why you people waste your time with the likes of that guy. It's very evident from his first comment that he's probably ignorant or just plain stupid.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by tamdun: 8:33am On Jun 02, 2022
baretalk:
Everywhere is so sane and quiet...the ban is good.
I swear, the calmness just dey make me happy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by tamdun: 8:38am On Jun 02, 2022
Caleycashh:
More ferries, taxes and buses owned by who!?, the displaced Okada riders!?, miserable and pathetic country!!!
Did u condemn their state govt that couldn't give them a job? Or u want Lagos to give job to everyone that come to Lagos, what ur state govt could not provide for u, go and hold ur state gov responsible
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Caleycashh: 8:40am On Jun 02, 2022
tamdun:

Did u condemn their state govt that couldn't give them a job? Or u want Lagos to give job to everyone that come to Lagos, what ur state govt could not provide for u, go and hold ur state gov responsible
So now the country is no longer one Nigeria and United!?... I see I really see!!!
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Caleycashh: 8:45am On Jun 02, 2022
YoungBlackRico:
I don't know why you people waste your time with the likes of that guy. It's very evident from his first comment that he's probably ignorant or just plain stupid.
You are one of the problems in this shithole of a country, put yourself in the Okada riders shoes and its not only northerners that ride bike for a living, you are just living in denial if you think so... let's just imagine you're 7 years old and your Father is an Okada rider, I keep wondering everyday why we behave the way we behave in this country no consideration or concerns over others predicament so long it doesn't affect us... How can we grow as a nation with such mentality?
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by miketayo(m): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2022
Viraltrends123:
LOL, you are right,infact they are 100%

Aboki go nd sit down joor tongue
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Viraltrends123: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2022
miketayo:

Aboki go nd sit down joor tongue
But, are you telling me those agberos and owomida touts that have being constituting nuisance in the south are Hausa and fulani, be deceiving yourself.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by tamdun: 9:02am On Jun 02, 2022
Caleycashh:
So now the country is no longer one Nigeria and United!?... I see I really see!!!
Of course it's one Nigeria, the question is, why didn't u guys tell Abuja, kaduna, kano, Anambra, Rivers government etc to provide job for okada riders when they banned them?
But if na Lagos, all of una go turn to activist over night
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by miketayo(m): 9:04am On Jun 02, 2022
Viraltrends123:
But, are you telling me those agberos and owomida touts that have being constituting nuisance in the south are Hausa and fulani, be deceiving yourself.

Where is this coming from.. we are talking about okada and its riders .. are the agberos riding okada?
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by mukthar2000(m): 9:50am On Jun 02, 2022
Oga sowo, hope u create alternative mix for them?

Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by baretalk: 10:07am On Jun 02, 2022
tamdun:

I swear, the calmness just dey make me happy
This is how to attract tourists and foreigners to come into your city. Nobody likes a rowdy, noisy city, filled with smoke, where a mad bike man can come hit you from behind. Sanity is good.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by ellizy(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2022
There's no law in the land. As at yesterday, there are still countless numbers of motorcycles OKADA at the ikotun axis of Lagos state. The riders feeling so relaxed like there's no embargo on them. What a shame to the constituted law of the state....
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Caleycashh: 10:55am On Jun 02, 2022
tamdun:

Of course it's one Nigeria, the question is, why didn't u guys tell Abuja, kaduna, kano, Anambra, Rivers government etc to provide job for okada riders when they banned them?
But if na Lagos, all of una go turn to activist over night
Bikes wasn't banned all over this places you mentioned, bikes still operate but not in the urban areas
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Bankowner: 11:29am On Jun 02, 2022
How motorable are most inner roads in Lagos? Think objectively as well. You get a bus from government for inner city commute and you're driving the bus on untarred, pothole infested, flooded roads. How long will that bus survive before you start visiting a mechanic workshop? Introducing more vehicles will only worsen the already deplorable condition of the roads.

baretalk:

They mean inner roads and hinterlands... hold up is mainly on main roads, not inner streets. Speak objectively.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by baretalk: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2022
Bankowner:
How motorable are most inner roads in Lagos? Think objectively as well. You get a bus from government for inner city commute and you're driving the bus on untarred, pothole infested, flooded roads. How long will that bus survive before you start visiting a mechanic workshop? Introducing more vehicles will only worsen the already deplorable condition of the roads.

You are just ranting, you don't live everywhere, where I live inner roads are motorable...they can introduce Marwa Keke and ride slowly to destinations. Okada kills via accidents, and criminals have infiltrated their ranks. No sane city use okada, we need better solutions. It's not by force to live in Lagos...the city wants people to leave, it's over crowded.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by baretalk: 11:40am On Jun 02, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Those are union members, 95% of Okada riders are not Lagosians, 80% are Northerners, Libyans, Malians,chadians, fulanis. Know who you are fighting for.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by akinsto4ever(m): 11:43am On Jun 02, 2022
illumined999333:
If anything, I make sure my doors are properly locked now. I advise you pay more attention to your security now. These guys surviving with their bikes, you think they won't start considering armed robbery. We should be careful with what we wish for.
People are constituting a nuisance and going against the law you're suggesting that they should go into armed robbery Abi? Enough is enough.. if they decide to do that, then what happened during lockdown will repeat itself, pikin wey talk say im mama no go sleep im sef no go sleep
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Hoodnigga123: 12:55pm On Jun 02, 2022
Caleycashh:
Tell that to your father and mother... useless thing!!!

Tell same to your entire generation. Useless thing
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Caleycashh: 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2022
Hoodnigga123:

Tell same to your entire generation. Useless thing
Next time learn how to address issues with respect... you lack manners which you inherented from your useless parents, Stupid idiot!!!
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by ajl: 1:13pm On Jun 02, 2022
akinsto4ever:

You're an okada rider Abi? That's why you're talking jazz. The lawlessness and recklessness of these riders on our roads is alarming. Not to forget the security risks that they pose. Good riddance and great decision by Lagos state government

Too little, too late. This result of playing politics with people's lives. Rather ban them outright lying a long time ago, because Tinubu ambition and need to please the north, Lagos govt refused to do the right thing. Now that the entire state and other parts of SW has been taken over by fulani bandits, that are just waking up.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by cinche(m): 4:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
The ban must be sustained ,the rate at which they populate here is crazy and those guys are very daring .......maybe Lgoas state govt should take seriously the issue of identifying Nigerian citizens in Lagos ...
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by streetsoldier1(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
Caleycashh:
My point is that it should be done in a proper way!... there are still law abiding citizens managing there lives with biking for a daily bread, some with family... a country where things works just don't displace people off a job without offering a solution, it will make the matter worst in due time, give it a few months and see crime rate increase in lagos, BTW aliens riding bike is still the pointing to the failed country!, what's the job of the immigration and customs, this country is useless and needs total overhaul!!!

Now we are heading the same direction. Immigration is useless. No one is checking the influx of these abokis. The right way to do it is flush everyone out. The begin reabsorption with proper documentation.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Bankowner: 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2022
You should hear yourself talk! Where you live, inner roads are motorable. How many Lagosians live where you live? You have road infrastructure deficit yet you introduce more vehicles into the already saturated road network, does that make any economic sense? I live in a country where there are dedicated bus lanes, where roads are decongested except there's a major accident. Nigerian leaders come here and see these things but cannot replicate them in Nigeria.

Pictures are that of transit busses and dedicated lanes and stop.
baretalk:

You are just ranting, you don't live everywhere, where I live inner roads are motorable...they can introduce Marwa Keke and ride slowly to destinations. Okada kills via accidents, and criminals have infiltrated their ranks. No sane city use okada, we need better solutions. It's not by force to live in Lagos...the city wants people to leave, it's over crowded.

Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by baretalk: 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2022
uote author=Bankowner post=113411313]You should hear yourself talk! Where you live, inner roads are motorable. How many Lagosians live where you live? You have road infrastructure deficit yet you introduce more vehicles into the already saturated road network, does that make any economic sense?
[/quote]
You are just one person your opinion is inconsequential against millions of Lagosians.
Okada riders injure and kill thousands monthly via accidents
Okada riders are robbing and killing people
Okoda releases bad fumes into the air, bad for fight against global warming.
No major cities in the world use Okada
Okada makes a city noisy and rowdy, bad for tourism and foreign visitors
Bokoharam can infiltrate Lagos easily via okadas.

If you like trek or fly, some decisions are made based on necessity. Critical times call for critical decisions.

Go back to your village, no one welcome anyone to Lagos, it's overpopulated...we only need rich people here, investors etc.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Bankowner: 8:07pm On Jun 02, 2022
Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't need to go back to my village. I don't live in your Lagos where your part of inner roads are fantastic while others are a mess, I don't even live in your country.
baretalk:

uote author=Bankowner post=113411313]Go back to your village, no one welcome anyone to Lagos, it's overpopulated...we only need rich people here, investors etc.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by baretalk: 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Bankowner:
Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't need to go back to my village. I don't live in your Lagos where your part of inner roads are fantastic while others are a mess, I don't even live in your country.
Good, keep Lagos issues out your mouth...if you like stay in heaven, nobody give a shit, don't come online talking about issues that doesn't concern you.
Re: Lagos Steps Up Action On Alternatives As Okada Ban Takes Off by Bankowner: 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2022
I was born and bred in Lagos, can't speak the same of you so I can talk about what I feel is good for Lagos.
baretalk:

Good, keep Lagos issues out your mouth...if you like stay in heaven, nobody give a shit, don't come online talking about issues that doesn't concern you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Isaac Kamalu Resigns As Rivers State Commissioner For Finance / FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / If Buhari Negotiates With NDA We Will Have Another Civil War: Dr Junaid Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.