Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary (49222 Views)

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Lands In Asaba, To Meet Delta State Delegates / Bashir Mohammed, Policeman Who Voted At Kano APC Congress Probed By Police / As At 6:12pm Ogun And Kogi State Delegates' Seats Are Still Empty (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by NatureMann: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
hmmm nawa oo.
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Vadese1: 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2022
From now till Feb next year , anything can happen. Politicians knows their games very well. Don't be surprised by next year jan, kwankwaso would have collapse his structure to fit in line with Atiku

quote author=Allee90 post=113400972]PDP have made a big mistake for allowing Kwankwaso to leave. They guy is really an asset in politics[/quote]
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by CoolAmbience(m): 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ndibunna:
If not for anything and knowing fully well Atiku is not going anywhere..

I am quite happy that the loud mouth from Rivers state didn't win my state because it will be an affront to our people's sensitivity.

He should learn how to talk. Courage is totally different from being a talkative.

Even Bayelsa state shunned him. Gov Diri played him a fast one including okowa.

Imagine if peter Obi hasn't left by now the long tongues will be telling us how Igbos are not united.

I Just observed the Niger Delta unity in angle 360 degrees.

I am so happy Wike didn't win my state, Anambra.

Shame for finish me....

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by zahrach: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
Wike talk too much
Is not everything man supose to the put mouth
Na the guy kill him self
Even those votes he got from the north is as results of paying dollars to them if not
Northern Muslim can never vote non Muslim against his brother
No matter how much u pay
North are not like South
The can die to protect their Muslim fate and brother of the same faith

Leme tell u guys even if buhari come out today
North will still vote him
North play religion politics
That's why must of the northern state
Christian hardly win as a governor
90% are Muslims

Wike bought vote with dollar
And they already Kno he will not win
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by VHILL: 1:33pm On Jun 02, 2022
Tiheanacho:

Wike is jx a fool, no one needs his help and meanwhile when he leaves office,his influence will slash by 80% because there will be less cash for him to throw around.

Why can't you make your statement without insult.
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by VHILL: 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2022
kayuseful:
Forget
wikes SS brothers betrayed him for dollars, nothing more
If it's just hate, why didn't they vote Udom then who is another SS contestant

I wonder ooo
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Judolisco(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
Penguin2:

Taaa!

Imagine Wike as president of Nigeria.

Even the imagination sef is making me sick already
wike will restructure d country...case study is d VAT issue

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by alfarouq(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
MangekyoAlt:
But seriously, wouod Wike have even stood a chance of he had won this ticket?

Even though we from the south south would've somewhat voted him, or shared our vote with him with Peter Obi, I'm not sure if yoruba people and Abokîs would've voted him at all.

If pdp had agreed on zoning to the south east, alright it would've been better. If it's Peter Obi, we would've voted en masse from for him, here in SS. SE too, with north being divided between him and whoever APC fields.

We have been shouting at Abokîs that they've ruled for 8 years, and for the sake of equity, power MUSR return to the south, even though zoning doesn't even exist in our democratic constitution.

Meanwhile, In the same South, we've ruled for a quite a while SW ruled before us. For the sake of this same equity that we've been demanding from Abokîs, make we give the south east wey never rule, nobody gree.
I even see skull miners saying presidency isnt given to any region, and that SE should work for it. Well if that is the case then no need to beg Abokîs to give us power na. They have the numbers to even win back to back to back 20 years. The sooner we stopped being hypocrites the better for us all.

Why are you making it sound like you supported a Northerner to emerge president.

We all know that if it were to be within the SEasts power, a Northerner will not emerge as president in 2015 and beyond.

The North hustled and strategized for it and got it even when you guys opossed it.

So spare us all this long epistle and get working if you really want the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by emmykk(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
Ndibunna:
If not for anything and knowing fully well Atiku is not going anywhere..

I am quite happy that the loud mouth from Rivers state didn't win my state because it will be an affront to our people's sensitivity.

He should learn how to talk. Courage is totally different from being a talkative.

Even Bayelsa state shunned him. Gov Diri played him a fast one including okowa.

Imagine if peter Obi hasn't left by now the long tongues will be telling us how Igbos are not united.

I Just observed the Niger Delta unity in angle 360 degrees.

You are even more talkative than Wike.
Wike could not defeat Atiku for just 1 reason which is Tambuwal stepping down for Atiku.

Even that was Wike first time he terrorized a living day hell of Atiku.
Wike have moved on and have been noticed by politicians of all walks of life for what he is made of but you are here ranting and crying.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Amalekki: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2022
I hope the political illiterates on Nairaland can now see that it was all politics, a game of interests, and not the widely circulated North vs South situation with the North lining up behind Atiku to deny the South.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Chimaraymond455:
A fellow SS governor made sure that Nyesom Wike doesn't clinch the PDP ticket. ... This gov is Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state who worked silently to stop Wike. And Okowa is justified for his action. I will explain why.

Wike has been a PDP man since 1998.
He knows Rotation is in his party's DNA.
He knows that if he and other Southern PDP leaders had insisted on Zoning to the SE, it would have happened. But Nyesom Wike diluted zoning for his own gain.

Nyesom Wike knew it was the turn of the SE, yet he betrayed the SE out of greed and selfishness. Twice, the SE had stood solidly with GEJ, SS & PDP. In fact South Easterners are hated so much by Buhari & APC because they gave support to GEJ, SS & PDP.

Now that the SE should be repaid by the SS, Nyesom Wike wouldn't allow it. And fellow SS Gov. Okowa, wasn't happy about it.

So Wike put his personal ambition ahead of the SE zone. Atiku offered to step down if PDP zoned to the South East. But personal ambition wouldn't allow Wike make that concession. So here we are, the whole South is at risk of political slavery.

Finally Wike talks about betrayal. Let it be known that it was Wike that betrayed the South. He is now acting as if he was in it for South. Which South?? His own part of the South produced the last PDP president; why didn’t he support a candidate from the South that hasn't produced a president before (SE).

Instead he was going round shouting ‘give me pawa’.
The South never adopted Wike as their presidential candidate. Instead, he used Rivers state funds & his grip on the PDP to force himself.

He hijacked PDP in the SE, created confusion which forced Peter Obi out of the party. Wike was very selfish. Some govs of SS worked against you, not against the region. You don’t represent the region. I stand with Gov. Okowa for stopping you.

My advise to Wike is to make amends with his brothers in the Southern PDP whom he offended. And redeem himself by supporting the SE.
how is it even the turn of south let alone South East... The last president under PDP is from South GEJ... since 1999 South has held power under PDP 13 years Obj 1999-2007 8 years... GEJ 2010-2015 5 years... yaradua who took over from obj spent 3 years 2007-2010... So why do u pple assume a Northerner shouldn't have contested under PDP??... When it's clear na Northerner supposed contest under PDP... As for APC since pmb has held power 2015-2023 it's logical for APC candidate to come from the south...

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by stawarts(m): 1:42pm On Jun 02, 2022
Chimaraymond455:
A fellow SS governor made sure that Nyesom Wike doesn't clinch the PDP ticket. ... This gov is Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state who worked silently to stop Wike. And Okowa is justified for his action. I will explain why.

He knows that if he and other Southern PDP leaders had insisted on Zoning to the SE, it would have happened. But Nyesom Wike diluted zoning for his own gain.

Nyesom Wike knew it was the turn of the SE, yet he betrayed the SE out of greed and selfishness. Twice, the SE had stood solidly with GEJ, SS & PDP. In fact South Easterners are hated so much by Buhari & APC because they gave support to GEJ, SS & PDP.

Now that the SE should be repaid by the SS, Nyesom Wike wouldn't allow it. And fellow SS Gov. Okowa, wasn't happy about it.

So Wike put his personal ambition ahead of the SE zone. Atiku offered to step down if PDP zoned to the South East. But personal ambition wouldn't allow Wike make that concession. So here we are, the whole South is at risk of political slavery.

Finally Wike talks about betrayal. Let it be known that it was Wike that betrayed the South. He is now acting as if he was in it for South. Which South?? His own part of the South produced the last PDP president; why didn’t he support a candidate from the South that hasn't produced a president before (SE).

The South never adopted Wike as their presidential candidate. Instead, he used Rivers state funds & his grip on the PDP to force himself.

He hijacked PDP in the SE, created confusion which forced Peter Obi out of the party. Wike was very selfish. Some govs of SS worked against you, not against the region. You don’t represent the region. I stand with Gov. Okowa for stopping you.

My advise to Wike is to make amends with his brothers in the Southern PDP whom he offended. And redeem himself by supporting the SE.
I don't have anything against what you said about Wike, but the one that Atiku is going to withdraw or support SE candidate is a big lie and even if Wike did not contest, they would have said that they don't support Obi because he can't get the required votes from the north, see my brother the same game is on going now in APC the northern will do anything possible to remain in power. If they want the power to go south why not make it all southern affairs and give support to the one preferred.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
WhizdomXX:

I swear the back stabbing from all sides on Wike was unimaginable from Borno to Benue to Ondo and then Sokoto, Imo, Anambra was bad.
Coming down to South-South, the three states bordering rivers all voted against Wike. What a cold world.
they knew wike is a bad candidate for PDP... Leave sentiments aside no sane person would want a wike ahead of Atiku for president
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Tiheanacho:

Wike betrayed the entire south, by not supporting a SE candidate. He is the biggest betrayal of all time and got what he deserved
Ina na victim cry always make Ina no play politics well Ina go continue to wail shebi Ina Obi don go labour go deliver am

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Ournolly: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
Unzerious:
Govs. Okowa and Diri's Sabotage of the SS wouldn't be forgotten in a long time.

Wike is a Nike wearing Lion smiley
Wike is a sore loser and a rabid noisemaker with bloated ego.

He has been put to his place by intelligent northerners that understand politics.

He awaits multiple EFCC probes once is immunity is lifted.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by MangekyoAlt: 1:51pm On Jun 02, 2022
alfarouq:

Why are you making it sound like you supported a Northerner to emerge president.

We all know that if it were to be within the SEasts power, a Northerner will not emerge as president in 2015 and beyond.

The North hustled and strategized for it and got it even when you guys opossed it.

So spare us all this long epistle and get working if you really want the presidency.

Jonathan and Amaechi can still run for APC.
We aren't our yet
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
Amalekki:
I hope the political illiterates on Nairaland can now see that it was all politics, a game of interests, and not the widely circulated North vs South situation with the North lining up behind Atiku to deny the South.
the best comment so far at the top religion and ethnicity matters little na we commoners de Carry religion and ethnicity for head...

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by stawarts(m): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
they knew wike is a bad candidate for PDP... Leave sentiments aside no sane person would want a wike ahead of Atiku for president
That is the exactly what they want you to believe, what is the party for, so is the only northern candidate that can win election in Nigeria, baba all those things na wash, if the elite north politicians sincerely work for Wike you will be surprise the kind of vote they will bring to the table. Northern electorate are not like us here they just take orders from their leaders, ask yourself why Wike get all the vote of kano delegates, bacause that is what their leader wanted.
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by TruthinAction: 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Tookool(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2022
Simply tabulate this thing and post, no one has time to read all these
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Sunsets: 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by tayewomi(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2022
okay
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by 02Kebreal(m): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Chimaraymond455:

AIT LIVE
ORLU BRANCH REPORTING
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by allicare: 2:18pm On Jun 02, 2022
Chimaraymond455:

See reasons while Wike failed. such a foolish reason as bein canvassed by the SE. If Atiku is sincere in his heart of heart that the SE is rightly deserving the presidency in 2023, while didn't he work hard for the realisation instead of him running for the post.?
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Sunsets: 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2022
And one governorless state like that in SE that is first in alphabetical order but last in infrastructural order ensured that SE failed to produce a presidential candidate who will be on the ballot.
Chimaraymond455:

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Lekan239(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2022
helinues:

That's Tinubu's headache don't you think?
lol. Wen it comes to party stuff, tinubu get mouth pass Buhari. You will be surprised how many Northern gov will support him. That old man has put so many politician in the position they are today.

I'm not in support of any politician in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by bahaushe1: 2:36pm On Jun 02, 2022
Chimaraymond455:

I don't know how you people interpret your zoning thing. PDP ruled Nigeria for 16 consecutive years. Thirteen out of those 16 years were under southern presidents and the last man to rule Nigeria under the platform of PDP was a southerner. And you still think PDP should zone the position to the south again?

Zoning or whatever one calls it is a party matter not national issue.

If zoning is to be applied then PDP's candidate should come from the north while APC's from the south.

But then no one knows the outcome of the general election. It is this complexity that made the two major political parties to ignore zoning in this election. Even if a party zone the position to a particular region they aren't sure if Nigerians will hand that candidate victory at the polls.

That's why the parties are scheming for candidates that can WIN the secondary election irrespective of the primordial sentiments of zoning.
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by YourRealFather: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
TruthinAction:

Poor presentation. It's better to put the results in tabular form. It makes it easier for one to analyze the result and it saves time.

Sunsets:

Can't this writer use a table?

Tookool:
Simply tabulate this thing and post, no one has time to read all these

SOUTH WEST
ATIKU won lagos, ogun and ondo,
WIKE won oyo and ekiti
SARAKI won osun

SOUTH EAST
ATIKU won. Anambra and imo,
WIKE won. Enugu and abia
ANYIM PIUS won ebonyi

SOUTH SOUTH
ATIKU won. Beyalsa and Delta
WIKE won Rivers, edo, and cross river
UDOM won. Akwa ibom

NORTH EAST
ATIKU won the whole states,
Borno, bauchi, gombe, adamawa, taraba, and yobe,

NORTH West
ATIKU won kaduna sokoto zamfara, kebbi and
jigawa
WIKE won kano and katsina

NORTH Central
Saraki won kwara
ATIKU won plateau and nasarawa
WiKE won abuja

They both shared benue and niger

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court / Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return / Tambuwal:What The 1999 Nigerian Constitution Says About The Office Of Thespeaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.