Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? (1151 Views)

Now That Yorubas Claim Lagos Belongs To Yorubas, The FG Should Do The Following / 16,744 Persons In Kaduna Receive N20,000 FG's Cash Transfer / Yorubas, The Reason Ibos Hate Buhari Is Simply Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2022
Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria?
Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Bragalane: 11:26pm On Jun 03, 2022
Agreed but se na for Ipob Igbo mouth dem suppose de hear that. Why ain't you talking about how Peter Peter Obi was chased away from PDP like a common criminal. Anyim n others igbos have been disgraced like lunatics should u not worry about that disgrace instead of worrying about Tinubu.

essentialone:
Tinubu deserves to be treated the way he treated Ambode shamefully

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Anyiamaka: 11:29pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lovely. That is justice well served
Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by KingKO22: 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
essentialone:
Tinubu deserves to be treated the way he treated Ambode shamefully

Now that Peter Obi is political oblivious and Jonathan became a joke you people now result into pulling Asiwaju down by all means.

Igbos are coward and miscreant for hiding under Tinubu to exhibit your grievances unsteady of facing PDP.

Spite

5 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 1:53am On Sep 17, 2022
KingKO22:

Now that Peter Obi is political oblivious and Jonathan became a joke you people now result into pulling Asiwaju down by all means.

Igbos are coward and miscreant for hiding under Tinubu to exhibit your grievances unsteady of facing PDP.

Spite

Igbos are neither cowards, nor miscreants.

1 Like

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 6:09am On Dec 10, 2023
Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 6:13am On Dec 10, 2023
Lagos state has become a state with mixed tribes, although it is originally and mostly dominated by the Yorubas. Today, there are many other tribes within the state such as the Ibos, Hausas, Eguns, and at least a representation of every other tribe in Nigeria. Considering the dominance of the Yorubas and the quest to reclaim ownership of the state, there has been issues of discrimination even in the area of housing. Most Yoruba landlords have a bias for accommodating Yoruba tenants as against other tribes. In my view, this is so inappropriate! I believe it is a beautiful thing to have one state out of the 36 states in the country that can help pull all tribes together, which is what Lagos state is achieving. But with this kind of discrimination, how can this be achieved? Nigerians, both within and outside Lagos, should be willing to accommodate her fellow man, whether of similar tribes or not. As if the discrimination against blacks abroad is not enough we still create internal discrimination amongst black tribes. How sad! It is sad that in this day and age, a Nigerian would so clearly discriminate against and, thus, disregard his own people. However, it is not shocking because there are Nigerians who show a clear disdain for their fellow citizens. The fact that this practice of not renting to Nigerians is not illegal and not prevented by Lagos State and Federal Government authorities suggests that this practice is somewhat acceptable by authorities. So, if you’re in the category of discriminating landlords, kindly turn a new leaf! And, if you’re a victim of the house hunt discrimination, share with us your experience below.
Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by raskymonojendor: 6:20am On Dec 10, 2023
essentialone:
Lagos state has become a state with mixed tribes, although it is originally and mostly dominated by the Yorubas. Today, there are many other tribes within the state such as the Ibos, Hausas, Eguns, and at least a representation of every other tribe in Nigeria. Considering the dominance of the Yorubas and the quest to reclaim ownership of the state, there has been issues of discrimination even in the area of housing. Most Yoruba landlords have a bias for accommodating Yoruba tenants as against other tribes. In my view, this is so inappropriate! I believe it is a beautiful thing to have one state out of the 36 states in the country that can help pull all tribes together, which is what Lagos state is achieving. But with this kind of discrimination, how can this be achieved? Nigerians, both within and outside Lagos, should be willing to accommodate her fellow man, whether of similar tribes or not. As if the discrimination against blacks abroad is not enough we still create internal discrimination amongst black tribes. How sad! It is sad that in this day and age, a Nigerian would so clearly discriminate against and, thus, disregard his own people. However, it is not shocking because there are Nigerians who show a clear disdain for their fellow citizens. The fact that this practice of not renting to Nigerians is not illegal and not prevented by Lagos State and Federal Government authorities suggests that this practice is somewhat acceptable by authorities. So, if you’re in the category of discriminating landlords, kindly turn a new leaf! And, if you’re a victim of the house hunt discrimination, share with us your experience below.
Till date, It's still dominated by the Yorubas. The culture is Yoruba, the kings are Yoruba, the food is Yoruba, the music is Yoruba, the tradition is Yoruba e.t.c. It's also locked-in to the Atlantic ocean by a Yoruba state.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 6:44am On Dec 10, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Till date, It's still dominated by the Yorubas. The culture is Yoruba, the kings are Yoruba, the food is Yoruba, the music is Yoruba, the tradition is Yoruba e.t.c. It's also locked-in to the Atlantic ocean by a Yoruba state.

100% correct

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by TreasureJunky: 7:53am On Dec 10, 2023
Yes, they are.
If you are in an office dominated by yorubas, and you don't understand the language,, you're a gonner, cos the meeting is held in Yoruba and their official language at work is also yoruba

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 1:07pm On Dec 22, 2023
TreasureJunky:
Yes, they are.
If you are in an office dominated by yorubas, and you don't understand the language,, you're a gonner, cos the meeting is held in Yoruba and their official language at work is also yoruba

Very true. Yorubas avoid those not from their tribe.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Pakute: 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2023
essentialone:
Where are those son of a bitch that have been reporting our threads and Mods deleting them. These cowards would turn a blind eye to this kind of thread, yeah, they definately will.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by EmperorCaesar(m): 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2023
For every lies u guys tell yourselves online, there are many Ikemefunas and Obikas that are rolling in the midst of many Yoruba friends offline, so much that none of the guys was at any point was reminded what their tribe is

Also, this isnt for Igbos to decide, I would take views and opinions from people who are not Ibos seriously

Azuka and Chidi would laugh off this stupid thread

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by lexylaw40: 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2023
The Yoruba culture is founded on the principles of love, and no wonder Ile ife can simple translate to ILE ( HOUSE ) IFE ( LOVE ) ..meaning the house of love.

No wonder the Yoruba culture is the most loving and accommodating culture in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Tochitee(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2023
The most tribalistic and discriminatory people in Nigeria are the Igbos. This is a know fact. In my life,I have never seen a Yoruba person discussing an ibo person but you see the ibos!! You just needs to walk pass them,you will hear oily people,prostitute,betrayal. Have you seen anybody on this forum badmouthing any Ibo leaders despite the fact that they are the most corrupt sets of politicians in the country??mistakes ibos makes most time is' they took the general Yoruba "docile and accommodating nature for weakness,they believe they can influence and dictate how they should live,'cos I don't see how someone with thinking brains will call me betrayal because I supported and voted Tinubu as against obi that I don't know makes me a betrayal. So,you giving your Ibo Obi your 100%vote is not tribalistic but me voting Tinubu is tribalistic. Idiotic animals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Reality3080: 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2023
essentialone:
an ondo man can become a governor in Lagos
A kogi man can become a governor in osun state

But in igbo land

Anambra governor can sack all igbos from other states
A man from imo can’t b anything in anambra

So tell me who is more discriminatory

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by chopnaira: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
essentialone:

Yoruba land👇

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by spagettiluv: 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2023
TreasureJunky:
Yes, they are.
am Yoruba but you are 💯 correct with this .
Not until you learn the language by force before you could enjoy flow with them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by chopnaira: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2023
essentialone:

Ibo land 👇

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Reality3080: 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2023
Raskimonojendor…..the igbos have started again ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by naija4life247: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2023
essentialone:

Yes, we are. So, when are you going back to your village? Or are you held down under gun point here?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Houseontherock1: 4:15pm On Dec 22, 2023
essentialone:
Most Yoruba landlords have a bias for accommodating Yoruba tenants as against other tribes. In my view, this is so inappropriate!
Story has it that if you give one Igbo tenant your house, he will bring 9 or 10 others undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2023
Houseontherock1:

Story has it that if you give one Igbo tenant your house, he will bring 9 or 10 others undecided

and how is that wrong economically?

1 Like

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by Houseontherock1: 6:22pm On Dec 22, 2023
essentialone:

and how is that wrong economically?
You put 1,500ltr tank for the tenant and the water finishes in one day because of the crowd and you have to use electricity to pump 3 times more than usual, even your borehole will hear it.
Your septic tank fills up faster than is expected
You may need to replace or repair your gate after a short while due to constant opening...I mean, will they all go out at once?
You repaint more often, other facilities get broken faster because they are meant for a few people and not a crowd undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by essentialone(m): 12:33am On Dec 23, 2023
Houseontherock1:

You put 1,500ltr tank for the tenant and the water finishes in one day because of the crowd and you have to use electricity to pump 3 times more than usual, even your borehole will hear it.
Your septic tank fills up faster than is expected
You may need to replace or repair your gate after a short while due to constant opening...I mean, will they all go out at once?
You repaint more often, other facilities get broken faster because they are meant for a few people and not a crowd undecided

okay now I get your point. Still not enough reason to deny people rentage based on their tribe.

1 Like

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by orisa37: 5:33am On Dec 23, 2023
YORUBAS ARE THE MOST HUMAN SPECIES IN THE WORLD.
Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by orisa37: 5:37am On Dec 23, 2023
YORUBAS ARE THE MOST HUMAN SPECIES IN THE WORLD.

ODU-DU-IWA WAS MANUFACTURED IN HEAVEN'S FACTORY AND PORTED, DELIVERED AND RECEIVED AT ILE IFE (LAND OF LOVE).

1 Like

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by TimeMachine2: 6:07am On Dec 23, 2023
May God continue to bless you. I wasn't particular about all that stuff until I started dealing with ibo people. Every ibo man sees a Yoruba person as his enemy. Like I used to tell our so called sophisticated and accommodating Yorubas that they only need 5 minutes around any ibo man before they will start hearing "This people are useless", "They are this and they are that", to outright phrases like " I hate the Yorubas ", or " E better make Hausa-Fulani continue ruling that Aby Yoruba", "We go pursue tham from this Lagos and remove all these their useless ba'ales".

Even those that benefited directly from the Yorubas amongst them have some unbelievable and unexplainable resentments toward Yorubas.

Whenever they want to be a bit careful, you will hear them say to you "You don't even act like a Yoruba person". Hence when that stupid Chinedu Vivor Rhodes said he doesn't think Yoruba, I know exactly where it came from, he was trying to please his brothers.

From my experience of interacting with ibos, both rich, super rich, poor and the extremely rich, they WILL NEVER LIKE a Yoruba person and no matter what you do or how sincere you are to them. It's just matter of time!

Tochitee:
The most tribalistic and discriminatory people in Nigeria are the Igbos. This is a know fact. In my life,I have never seen a Yoruba person discussing an ibo person but you see the ibos!! You just needs to walk pass them,you will hear oily people,prostitute,betrayal. Have you seen anybody on this forum badmouthing any Ibo leaders despite the fact that they are the most corrupt sets of politicians in the country??mistakes ibos makes most time is' they took the general Yoruba "docile and accommodating nature for weakness,they believe they can influence and dictate how they should live,'cos I don't see how someone with thinking brains will call me betrayal because I supported and voted Tinubu as against obi that I don't know makes me a betrayal. So,you giving your Ibo Obi your 100%vote is not tribalistic but me voting Tinubu is tribalistic. Idiotic animals.

Yes, I can support an ibo man against Yoruba, but not this packaged fraud called Obi, one of the most useless person alive.

3 Likes

Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by ican2020: 6:14am On Dec 23, 2023
Yes
Re: Are Yorubas the most discriminatory persons in Nigeria? by gabbytabby: 7:21am On Dec 23, 2023
Most landlords do not care who is accommodated provided they fulfill their obligations. Go to the courts and you will see that the major tribe that is bent on creating a nuisance and want to live free is the Igbo.

When they are good they are very good and when they are bad they are horrid and will gang up against the landlord.

Nobody will kill themselves to accommodate people who are likely to be the death of them.

essentialone:

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Osinbajo Quiet Over The Party Crisis? / I'm From Benue State And I'm Voting For Peter Obi / SW Believe That Tinubu Will Win In SW But Don't Believe In Atiku/Kwankwaso (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.